Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? (49616 Views)

What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 55k Per Month Maintain? / What Car Can My Mum Buy With 1million Naira Budget? / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Bayajidda1: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2018
@Olumyyde, I must confess that I'm both intrigued and impressed by your determination to stick to your choice despite some attempts aimed at directing you somewhere else.

I pray that God graciously reward you with the best civic of your dreams at your price range.

Big ups Bro.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bayajidda1:
@Olumyyde, I must confess that I'm both intrigued and impressed by your determination to stick to your choice despite some attempts aimed at directing somewhere else.

I pray that God graciously reward you with the best civic of your dreams at your price range.

Big ups Bro.
Wow!!!!!!! Tnx a lot for ur comment bro, n amen to your prayers. I appreciate.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by divinelove(m): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2018
Op the car you are looking for is Toyota Carina e 4afe engine 1.6l, rugged, reliable, economy n affordable.

Thank me later 450 to 500k will get grade A naija used n u drive n have peace of mind

Get the auto except u want to use it to hustle cabu cabu as side hustle grin grin only cab men drive manual in 2018
This ride will give u 100km on 10l fuel

11 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 11:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
divinelove:
Op the car you are looking for is Toyota Carina e 4afe engine 1.6l, rugged, reliable, economy n affordable.

Thank me later 450 to 500k will get grade A naija used n u drive n have peace of mind

Get the auto except u want to use it to hustle cabu cabu as side hustle grin grin only cab men drive manual in 2018
This ride will give u 100km on 10l fuel
Tnx bro for ur comment. ur sense of humour is nice too. Toyota Carina e, hmmm, interesting.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by mhayorr: 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2018
Olumyyde:

Hehehehehe, how him take bad now?! lol.
Golf3 and motorcycle comparison is hilarious, but true lol.
Btw, im also on the same boat presently with you. Im looking closely with the same budget. It shall be well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 8:16am On Jun 25, 2018
mhayorr:

Golf3 and motorcycle comparison is hilarious, but true lol.
Btw, im also on the same boat presently with you. Im looking closely with the same budget. It shall be well
morning bro, may GOD help us. what's your car choice?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by mhayorr: 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Olumyyde:

morning bro, may GOD help us. what's your car choice?
Amen sire, Id prefer a toyota o bro, but we both know they are more expensive than their counterparts.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
mhayorr:

Amen sire, Id prefer a toyota o bro, but we both know they are more expensive than their counterparts.
hmmm, same here o, a yaris or corolla would have gladened my heart more, but it's well. how was work today sir?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by mhayorr: 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2018
Olumyyde:

hmmm, same here o, a yaris or corolla would have gladened my heart more, but it's well. how was work today sir?
We're pushing sir, thanks. Any lucks yet?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
mhayorr:
We're pushing sir, thanks. Any lucks yet?
hmmm, my brother, not yet o. hope u had a nice day sir?
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by mhayorr: 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Olumyyde:

hmmm, my brother, not yet o. hope u had a nice day sir?
It is well, Nigeria is ruining it presently
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
mhayorr:
It is well, Nigeria is ruining it presently
The thing tire me.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2018
Olumyyde:

Tnx a lot for ur response, really enlightening. from ur response I think the civic still meets my criteria of easy maintenance, fuel economy n affordable and available parts. ur thought sir.
You know what you want already yet, you won't allow us rest. Abeg swerve jor

2 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

You know what you want already yet, you won't allow us rest. Abeg swerve jor
I'm so tempted to respond to u, but u don't worth it sir.

9 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 11:34pm On Jul 02, 2018
Olumyyde:

I'm so tempted to respond to u, but u don't worth it sir.
You're just a "talkertive". I pity your wife.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by seyionab(m): 11:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
kindly view this neatly used Honda civic 2002 available for sale in Lagos. Consist of well maintained engine and gear with factory fitted ice cold Airconditioner.
Issues: 2 widows don't wind down. and dent at rear view. contact 08023140130 if interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

You're just a "talkertive". I pity your wife.
ur life is already in a pitiable state as a man. and listen, don't bring my wife into dis,i won't take dat rubbish from u.

15 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 12:05am On Jul 03, 2018
seyionab:
kindly view this neatly used Honda civic 2002 available for sale in Lagos. Consist of well maintained engine and gear with factory fitted ice cold Airconditioner.
Issues: 2 widows don't wind down. and dent at rear view. contact 08023140130 if interested.
Tnx Seyionab.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2018
Olumyyde:

ur life is already in a pitiable state as a man. and listen, don't bring my wife into dis,i won't take dat rubbish from u.
Lol
"Don't bring my wife...." yen yen yen
You must be out og your mind. Comman beat me nau. You dis overgrown baby.

4 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by amba2017: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2018
Honda civic 2001/02 is very good but not cheap to maintain. I have Honda civic 01 that I have been using since 2014. I bought it 350k then. it is still very strong and can go to anywhere within the country. but I will suggest Carina e or 1998/9 corolla (good)Nigerian used. their parts are cheaper and they have more fuel economy

3 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by soloehis(m): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
2000 to 2003 Honda civic or Toyota corolla from 1998 will be ok ..buy it you will thank me later
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by soloehis(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2018
amba2017:
Honda civic 2001/02 is very good but not cheap to maintain. I have Honda civic 01 that I have been using since 2014. I bought it 350k then. it is still very strong and can go to anywhere within the country. but I will suggest Carina e or 1998/9 corolla (good)Nigerian used. their parts are cheaper and they have more fuel economy
i dont agree with you. i use 2002 honda civic and 1998 toyota corolla i can count number of times i have been to mechanic. ..the civic is even more fuel economical

2 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 2:11am On Jul 04, 2018
amba2017:
wow!! not cheap to maintain? never heard dat anywhere b4 now. I'd have to look more closely, Tnx bro.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 2:13am On Jul 04, 2018
soloehis:
i dont agree with you. i use 2002 honda civic and 1998 toyota corolla i can count number of times i have been to mechanic. ..the civic is even more fuel economical
Tnx for ur contribution bro, seems we've got different users with different experiences. was also informed that d civic is more fuel efficient than d corolla.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by mhayorr: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2018
Olumyyde:

Tnx for ur contribution bro, seems we've got different users with different experiences. was also informed that d civic is more fuel efficient than d corolla.
Hi bro, how was your day. Can i have your email add or phone no
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
mhayorr:
Hi bro, how was your day. Can i have your email add or phone no
My day went well thank GOD ,n yours? I just sent u a mail now.
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 12:27am On Jul 18, 2018
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 12:29am On Jul 18, 2018
Hello correct people, I Saw a neat black Honda civic 2000 model, 700k asking price, later lowered to 570k, but it was still beyond my budget.

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by radautoworks: 5:59am On Jul 18, 2018
Olumyyde:
Good evening my brothers and sisters. I am a family man with a wife and a daughter and I need a small fairly used car that is easy to maintain. A car that has fuel economy,whose parts are available and affordable in order to ease family mobility as my wife's workplace is quite a distance from the house. Also, the stress of my wife carrying my child to work via buses n keke breaks my heart. Although we are looking at 2002 Honda civic, heard it fits my criteria so well. Pls, I need your advice on that too. My budget is 450k to 500k. GOD bless us all.

think everyone got caught up the buying price. The problem is maintenance and fuel. Honestly, with your budget, I do not recommend getting a car right now because even when you get a used in your budget, it will require more maintenance which you can't afford. I feel for your wife but what point is driving it until the first oil change or breakdown?

An oil change alone is at least 10% of your stated monthly income. Not to talk of fuel. To really know if you can afford it, go look at local parts shops and mechanics for the cost and labor of the following items for the specific car you are considering should you need them. If you can afford it in a pinch, buy. If not, wait.

1) brake replacement
2) a new tire
3) oil change with proper oil or you will blow your engine quickly
4) a new battery
5) alternator
6) radiator
7) 4 spark plugs

If you can afford all of these should something happen, buy a car. These are the most common things that will prevent you from being able to use your car at all.

8 Likes

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Olumyyde(m): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2018
radautoworks:

think everyone got caught up the buying price. The problem is maintenance and fuel. Honestly, with your budget, I do not recommend getting a car right now because even when you get a used in your budget, it will require more maintenance which you can't afford. I feel for your wife but what point is driving it until the first oil change or breakdown?

An oil change alone is at least 10% of your stated monthly income. Not to talk of fuel. To really know if you can afford it, go look at local parts shops and mechanics for the cost and labor of the following items for the specific car you are considering should you need them. If you can afford it in a pinch, buy. If not, wait.

1) brake replacement
2) a new tire
3) oil change with proper oil or you will blow your engine quickly
4) a new battery
5) alternator
6) radiator
7) 4 spark plugs

If you can afford all of these should something happen, buy a car. These are the most common things that will prevent you from being able to use your car at all.
Hello brother, Tnx a lot for your concise contribution. I really appreciate it. sent u a mail. have a blessed day.

1 Like

Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by radautoworks: 6:22am On Jul 21, 2018
This article is just about recommended expense right after purchase not even down the line yet. Did you get some of the maintenance process for the car you wanted? If you did, you now know if you can afford it.

https://jalopnik.com/whats-the-most-important-maintenance-after-buying-a-use-1827754828
Re: What Car Type Can A Family Man With An Income Of 110k Per Month Maintain? by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 23, 2018
���

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Leaked Photos Of The 2018 Benz CLS / Mercedes-benz Praises Vladimir Putin's Bunker On Wheels / Mercedes Kompressor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.