Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance (72234 Views)

Palm Credit Asking For Card Pin / Senate Asks CBN To Suspend ATM Card Maintenance Charges / UBA Card Maintenance Multiple Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by udemzyudex(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
flexyrule:
Now you're hyperventilating which is no good for your health. We were discussing like adults and I was trying to enlighten you based on a subject I feel I have been dealing with.
Anyway, have a great day sir.

You too.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Sike(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
They had to do that to balance their monthly account, I suppose.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by pocohantas(f): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
udemzyudex:

#40 generate a one time interest of #10. 67 naira? You definitely don't know what you're talking about cos even #200 can never generate a one time interest of #10. 67.

This is your first post, right?
It says nothing... extraordinary smiley
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Assassin101: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Liveair:
lol.
Slay queens with N41 account balance will be asking for iPhone 9.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by udemzyudex(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
pocohantas:

This is your first post, right?
It says nothing... extraordinary smiley

OK
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by bigtt76(f): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
Photoshop! UBA will not pay an interest of N10 on a balance of N40 ....it doesn't add up! grin

BloggersNG:
As You Know All Banks In the Country Charges some amount of money for card maintenance and other stuffs, And this lady thought she had sense, she left only N40 in her account knowing that they will deduct, But the Bank came prepared, see what happened below!

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/lady-reveals-what-her-bank-did-to-her.html

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by BlueScholar(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
czarina:
Nice one wink

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool

Also check my signature since you live Jos for repairs of refrigerator et al grin grin grin
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by czarina(f): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
BlueScholar:

Also check my signature since you live Jos for repairs of refrigerator et al grin grin grin

Hahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy will check it out someday. But first, you need a Massage cool
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Rilwayne001: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
grin lwtmb
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Icon79(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
First of all, UBA didn't even have to add any credit to his account before they can collect their fees. They could just deduct their fees and the account would go into negative balance, so I can't understand why they think they needed to add the money.

Having said that, the so called card maintenance fee is a fraudulent charge. And if Nigeria is a real country, the Central Bank (or whatever body is in charge of regulating the banking industry) ought to clampdown on these banks for such fraudulent charge.

The so called card maintenance fee should be paid by the merchants (seller). Each time you use your card to make a purchase, the issuing bank gets a small credit (convenience fee) from the merchant. That's how it's done everywhere else, Nigeria's case should not be different.

O pari
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by lookingfly: 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
yeyerolling:
i rebuke every form of poverty in our lives. she no even get shame dey flaunt her poverty
when she show you account balance from other bank accounts... Then, you go know say she's wiser

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by ikwedim(m): 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Wetin concern me biko

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by 1234IKECHhukwu: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
I don't know why account balance is used to judge peoples financial capacity,left for me any cash that is lying idle in the bank should be moved immediately to investment structures like mutual funds.stocks etc.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by alimaa: 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
flexyrule:
Just like one smart girl up there explained.... Her N40 might have accrued her that interest over time and when the interest was up to the deficit amount required for the card maintenance, the system automatically debitted her acvount.
Most banks are grossly understaffed, nobody has time to be checking accounts with N40 balance. These things are automated.

You don't understand programming that's the reason for this comment. I can write a program that will check all customers' account balance everyday and if a customer's account is supposed to be debited a certain amount the system will automatically credit the deficit to that account and still debit the required charge. I don't need to login to view customers' account balance. All programmers on this forum know this.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by sprints1: 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
the only reason I put money in the bank is because of online transactions like quickteller, webpay, airtime purchase...POS Transactions and to regulate the way i dey spend money..trust me i can blow £100,000,000 cash in a day...i be gagdet person and quality things lover so I better save it in a bank .... if u know u knowif say na me before they use that # 40 I will use to load mtn recharge of #40 on quickteller then use to sub #25 night plan...sense will not kill me... banks are big thief to be sincere they are like psychopaths us friends in the day silent killer in the Night...give u loan with crazy interest...GTB dey try ooo but the way they deduct money for card maintenance is bad..me i no dey use UBA...well they are using it to empower tony elumelu' foundation...banks are worse than ponzi they just pretend to be nice...if not for e tranzact they are useless...
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by flexyrule(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
alimaa:

You don't understand programming that's the reason for this comment. I can write a program that will check all customers' account balance everyday and if a customer's account is supposed to be debited a certain amount the system will automatically credit the deficit to that account and still debit the required charge. I don't need to login to view customers' account balance. All programmers on this forum know this.
Sir.have a good knowledge about banking and programming.
A bank canot just develop one app that would be debitting and creditting customers just like that. Banks and other financial institutions are regulated and are very very careful when it comes to sanctions.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Buffalowings3(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
pocohantas:
The N10.57 was most likely her due interest.

Her account must have been thrown into debit (by the system) prior to that credit (N10.67), then the subsequent debit(52.50) by UBA to nail off her accrued debt grin.

UBA didn't just add money to her account all to deduct their charge.
You don't owe a bank, they don't dash you money either.

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by bejeria101(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
oga70563:
How can they be charging card maintenance fee. Are they the one taking care of your card for you??
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by muyiwatosin: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
pocohantas:

Her account must have been thrown into debit (by the system) prior to that credit (N10.67), then the subsequent debit(52.50) by UBA to nail off her accrued debt grin.

you are wrong bro, they pull that stunt all the time especially with accounts less than N50. once the fee to be charged can never be asked of you, they put up a figure to balance the books. its part of "bad debt management in finacial economics"
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by muyiwatosin: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
its operational tweak. it is bad debt management in finacial economics
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Roadmike(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
Pls do not rejoice as the would soon slam you with overdraft charges and the accompany interest on granting you a LOAN of 10Naira
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Jimmy231: 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
I see this girl and I still get hope.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Delivar(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
flexyrule:
Just like one smart girl up there explained.... Her N40 might have accrued her that interest over time and when the interest was up to the deficit amount required for the card maintenance, the system automatically debitted her acvount.
Most banks are grossly understaffed, nobody has time to be checking accounts with N40 balance. These things are automated.
You are wrong. An IT person at UBA can easily run a database transaction to perform that operation on all account balance of ₦40.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by Delivar(m): 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2018
pocohantas:

UBA can easily still do that intentionally. Adding the ₦10 at the moment in the name of interest just take their maintenance charge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by iaamxavier(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
BloggersNG:
More

Bro isn't that blessing abi joy in Unilag?
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by maasoap(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
There is poverty in the Land.
Maybe God never let me to have such an account balance.

I refused to be poor

yeyerolling:
i rebuke every form of poverty in our lives. she no even get shame dey flaunt her poverty

You guys didn't know how many bank accounts she has, don't jump into conclusion like that.
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by donblazer10(m): 12:10am On Jun 08, 2018
omolorlarh:

There is nothing shameful about it. what if she purposely stopped using the account.
Lol...mama no matter how you want to put it..she's a broke slay queen
Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by BlueScholar(m): 10:07am On Jun 08, 2018
czarina:
Hahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy will check it out someday. But first, you need a Massage cool

Alright then cheesy , I'll check it out one of this days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UBA Added N10 To Lady's N40 To Withdraw N52 For Card Maintenance by maxtreme: 10:37am On Jun 08, 2018
BloggersNG:
As You Know All Banks In the Country Charges some amount of money for card maintenance and other stuffs, And this lady thought she had sense, she left only N40 in her account knowing that they will deduct, But the Bank came prepared, see what happened below!

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/lady-reveals-what-her-bank-did-to-her.html

I wonder what they will deduct the following month, probably they will add 52 naira and then deduct it again lolz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access / Good Newly found shipping Agent for China Importers - Tested And Proven / Lady Saves N64,000 In 4 Months, Shows It Off (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.