Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. (3617 Views)

Replying This Topic; Https://www.nairaland.com/6859997/yorubas-please-stop-engag / Yorubas Please Stop Engaging Igbos. / Yorubas Please Be Vigilant (2) (3) (4)

Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2018
Since the Federal Government's announcement about June 12 as new democracy day, i have carefully studied the reaction of Nigerians to the news. Expectedly, the igbos are upset and throwing tantrums at the yorubas, which is not new. The igbos HATE yorubas. That is a topic that has been overstretched. But we {Yorubas} need to think with our heads clear: Do we for the reason of our need to continually best the igbos and for this post humous recognition of Abiola's stolen mandate, vote in Buhari for another 4 years? Because from the reactions i have seen from Yorubas so far, we might for reason of Buhari's decision, vote for him — June 12 democracy day change is for all intent and purposes, a greek gift, meant to curry Yoruba votes for 2019.

Not to be misunderstood, i as a yoruba man feel elated and honored by Buhari's gesture {which is long overdue}, but i deem it insufficent to warrant forgiveness for the hell that Buhari has subjected Nigerians for the past 3 years. Nigerians have indeed suffered under Buhari and our right to religious freedom has been severly violated. We must as omoluabi, eschew the temptation to return the hate of our southern neighbours. I must admit that i have felt bad reading igbo comments since yesterday about this honour done yorubas, but at the same time, i cannot forget the wanton killings and economic strangulation that has taken place in Nigeria under Buhari. What is the assurance that southerners wouldnt suffer more in Buhari's 2nd term given our experience in the 1st? There must be deep introspection on whether the actions of this Government aligns with the democratic ideals of MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi. If we think with a clear mind, we would conclude that both Abiola and Gani will be turning in their graves on what Nigeria has become under Buhari. I would not want to go into specifics about what we have suffered, as that would obscure the substance of my message to all omoluabi.

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recognition with our votes.

The political space should remain open and our votes accessible to other reasonable candidates in 2019! The orchestrators of this Buhari masterstroke are our brothers and they are well known to all Yorubas. They have done well to immortalise our brothers in death BUT they should not get our votes so EASILY.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by johnnyvid(m): 9:31am On Jun 07, 2018
Why can't he recognized abiola since 2015 that he assumed power. This is highly political. It can't work for buhari in this time around.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by SalamRushdie: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2018
Buhari thinks he is cunning but he must go back to Daura ....Thank you fro making June 12 democracy day but we will still vote it useless govt out

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 9:34am On Jun 07, 2018
johnnyvid:
Why can't he recognized abiola since 2015 that he assumed power. This is highly political. It can't work for buhari in this time around.

True, that is the very essence of my message. It is a greek gift, though appreciated by yorubas.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2018
WE YORUBAS ARE HAPPY & ELATED
WHAT OBJ REJECTED, PMB1523 HAS APPROVED
GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PMB1523
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 9:37am On Jun 07, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

We are elated but should we forget what Nigerians have been through for the past 3 years? undecided

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by front4line: 9:41am On Jun 07, 2018
To expose your hypocrisy and lack of insight n intelligence you claim Buhari doing what we have always wanted that Obasanjo Yardua Ebele n in large PDP can not do over 16 years is not enough to re-elect him but Igbo n PDP making noise n relentlessly failing to move the country forward is enough to give them another chance.

If indeed you are a Yoruba like you claimed you need to be stoned to death.

Which president as concentrated as many infrastructural project in the SW ? Which project in the SW private or public as Buhari delayed in giving his consent. I wish I can lay my hands on people like you one on one.

I can understand Igbos are born to hate but you hating on your region neglecting the fact that every accruable dividend we are receiving we never even had half as good under our own Obasanjo.

OP make I no vex 4 u
Beside I think you are Igbo
Only them n some sic PDP have their brain corrupted

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Nwadiuto247: 9:46am On Jun 07, 2018
If Yoruba is pleased with voting Buhari again based on his recent action then no problem. Both Yoruba and the rest of us in are suffering the failure of this government.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by johnnyvid(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

True, that is the very essence of my message. It is a greek gift, though appreciated by yorubas.
it will never work for buhari this time around. what's stopping him from declaring abiola since 2015 he assumed power. people already knows Apc political gimmicks. they will fail woefully in 2019 general elections.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 9:50am On Jun 07, 2018
Nwadiuto247:
If Yoruba is pleased with voting Buhari again based on his recent action then no problem. Both Yoruba and the rest of us in are suffering the failure of this government.

Hmmmmmmm, i dont even know what to say at this point as the coast is getting clearer for Buhari's victory next year.

Those that cannot bear his Presidency better get a visa to elope.

Its looking bleaker by the day.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2018
johnnyvid:
it will never work for buhari this time around. what's stopping him from declaring abiola since 2015 he assumed power. people already knows Apc political gimmicks. they will fail woefully in 2019 general elections.

I pray so. The suffering in Nigeria is too much. Another 4 years will certainly kill{not literally} half of the population.

I am a yoruba man and i dont think he deserves a 2nd term.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by chernest2002: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:
Since the Federal Government's announcement about June 12 as new democracy day, i have carefully studied the reaction of Nigerians to the news. Expectedly, the igbos are upset and throwing tantrums at the yorubas, which is not new. The igbos HATE yorubas. That is a topic that has been overstretched. But we {Yorubas} need to think with our heads clear: Do we for the reason of our need to continually best the igbos and for this post humous recognition of Abiola's stolen mandate, vote in Buhari for another 4 years? Because from the reactions i have seen from Yorubas so far, we might for reason of Buhari's decision, vote for him — June 12 democracy day change is for all intent and purposes, a greek gift, meant to curry Yoruba votes for 2019.

Not to be misunderstood, i as a yoruba man feel elated and honored by Buhari's gesture {which is long overdue}, but i deem it insufficent to warrant forgiveness for the hell that Buhari has subjected Nigerians for the past 3 years. Nigerians have indeed suffered under Buhari and our right to religious freedom has been severly violated. We must as omoluabi, eschew the temptation to return the hate of our southern neighbours. I must admit that i have felt bad reading igbo comments since yesterday about this honour done yorubas, but at the same time, i cannot forget the wanton killings and economic strangulation that has taken place in Nigeria under Buhari. What is the assurance that southerners wouldnt suffer more in Buhari's 2nd term given our experience in the 1st? There must be deep introspection on whether the actions of this Government aligns with the democratic ideals of MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi. If we think with a clear mind, we would conclude that both Abiola and Gani will be turning in their graves on what Nigeria has become under Buhari. I would not want to go into specifics about what we have suffered, as that would obscure the substance of my message to all omoluabi.

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recogntion with our votes.

The political space should remain open and our votes accessible to other reasonable candidates in 2019! The orchestrators of this Buhari masterstroke are our brothers and they are well known to all Yorubas. They have done well to immortalise our brothers in death BUT they should not get our votes so EASILY.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.
you hated igbos the most by trying to paint your tribe better in the face of other Nigerians. Until you call everyone Nigerian, till then unity and peace will never come.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2018
chernest2002:
you hated igbos the most by trying to paint your tribe better in the face of other Nigerians. Until till you call everyone Nigerian till then unity and peace will never come.

How did i paint igbos bad?
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by chernest2002: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2018
Because you deny them the right to their opinion and of course not all igbos are against the honour. I voted Abiola then and i was among those on the street against the annulment. Why should you pretend now as igbos are against Abiola

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2018
chernest2002:
Because you deny them the right to their opinion and of course not all igbos are against the honour. I voted Abiola then and i was among those on the street against the annulment. Why should you pretend now as igbos are against Abiola

Maybe i committed the fallacy of hasty generalisation. I meant most igbos on social media.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by zombieHUNTER: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Speak for yourself
You are a northern Muslim sef

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by limeta(f): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2018
Yoruba got what they want
Buhari is a saint
Nature of the business

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:08am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:
To expose your hypocrisy and lack of insight n intelligence you claim Buhari doing what we have always wanted that Obasanjo Yardua Ebele n in large PDP can not do over 16 years is not enough to re-elect him but Igbo n PDP making noise n relentlessly failing to move the country forward is enough to give them another chance.

Which president as concentrated as many infrastructural project in the SW ? Which project in the SW private or public as Buhari delayed in giving his consent. I wish I can lay my hands on people like you one on one.

I can understand Igbos are born to hate but you hating on your region neglecting the fact that every accruable dividend we are receiving we never even had half as good under our own Obasanjo.

OP make I no vex 4 u

I am yoruba and i wont insult you. On the issue of our {SW} enjoyment of infrastructural dividends, i totally agree with you ythat we have had it good under Buhari. However, it still does not atone for the economic strangulation and killings by the Fulanis. You and i both know things are not well in this Government. We can deceive ourselves but we know the truth.

I wont go into specifics with you as you will derail this thread. Have a nice day.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by madridguy(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

front4line:

OP make I no vex 4 u

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2018
madridguy:
GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

I know you will want to turn my message around because of your support of Buhari.

I commended Buhari for his recognition of Abiola and Gani so you and the guy you quoted cannot accuse me of being a sell out or betrayer to my tribe.

I only belled the cat for us not to lose sight of what another 4 years for Buhari will mean for Nigeria.

I know your antecedent as a religious zealot—you called for a charlie hebdo to be pulled on Falz because of his THIS IS NIGERIA hijab fiasco.

I wont argue with you as i have passed my message without insulting any body.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by front4line: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

I am yoruba and i wont insult you. On the issue of our {SW} enjoyment of infrastructural dividends, i totally agree with you ythat we have had it good under Buhari. However, it still does not atone for the economic strangulation and killings by the Fulanis. You and i both know things are not well in this Government. We can deceive ourselves but we know the truth.

I wont go into specifics with you as you will derail this thread. Have a nice day.

You don’t have to go into specific.
It as never been well under any PDP govt concerning killing.

Obasanjo wipe Odi, Zaki Biam etc
Yardua died
Ebele allowed boko haram massacre Borno Adamawa and regularly bomb Kano Abuja Sokoto n other states.

Statistically Buhari as proven to be beta but Igbo hate as blinded from seeing all of these facts.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

Maybe i committed the fallacy of hasty generalisation. I meant most igbos on social media.

you are purely biased.....we don't care....

Buhari has weighed his option and see that anything he tries to use to cow igbos is dead on arrival......

so as usual he has gone to the people that both of them understand themselves........

The more reason I was say....yoruba is always quick to come in terms and agree with north.....very easy......

kudos.....una go vote again but na everybody go suffer am.....

the igbos has since 2015 distanced themselves from Buhari coz they know the calamity he is coming with.......

I can't share or even vote a terrorist....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by chernest2002: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

is ok no man is above mistake. Please igbos are not against any well meaning Nigerian leader, we are good people, if you look at the way we travel to other regions of Nigeria, how we built to settle and contribute positively you will agree with me that we believe in one Nigeria, but there must be equality for all. No one should be more Nigerian than others, we have been voting all sections in Nigeria Yorubas,Hausas,fulanis and ready to vote even the smallest tribe, but the vote we gave to Jonathan seems to make us look like outcast, a whole major tribe to be treated like smallest minority? Bros If am to decide for igbos I will vote 100% against Buhari in 2019 and no apology for that, it's not hatred but a right.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by IsaAbubakar: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2018
real omoluabis are speaking cool

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by spartanman007(m): 10:23am On Jun 07, 2018
It is obvious from your post that you are very sentimental and biased. You are hinging the present economic woes and insecurities in the country on this administration and you never referred to all the thousands of lives that were wasted under PDP led administration.Without blame game or sentiments, the fact still remains that we are suffering from the spill over effects of the past administration recklessness, looting, misappropriation and corruption. BOKOHARAM started under Jonathan and the herdsmen killings we are experiencing today, the scattered defeated BOKOHARAM. Stop hiding under the guise of sentiments to cunningly canvass against this administration.
resurgent2019:

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recognition with our votes.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by IJOBA2: 10:23am On Jun 07, 2018
ALMUST[b]AQIM[/b]:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
ALQAEDA IN THE ISLAMIC MAGREB (AQIM)

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by front4line: 10:23am On Jun 07, 2018
chernest2002:
is ok no man is above mistake. Please igbos are not against any well meaning Nigerian leader, we are good people, if you look at the way we travel to other regions of Nigeria, how we built to settle and contribute positively you will agree with me that we believe in one Nigeria, but there must be equality for all. No one should be more Nigerian than others, we have been voting all sections in Nigeria Yorubas,Hausas,fulanis and ready to vote even the smallest tribe, but the vote we gave to Jonathan seems to make us look like outcast, a whole major tribe to be treated like smallest minority? Bros I will am to decide for igbos I will vote 100% against Buhari in 2019 and no apology for that, it's not hatred but a right.

Election allows you vote for whoever pleases you, so vote how you like and let your tribesmen shut up n let those that want to vote for Buhari vote for him.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 07, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
real omoluabis are speaking cool

pls let me complete the last guy statement on ur post....

fulanis is seeing yorubas as sell out which in actual sense....is a condensed truth.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

Election allows you vote for whoever pleases you, so vote how you like and let your tribesmen shut up n let those that want to vote for Buhari vote for him.

is fine and ok....

Dash buhari ur vote....who cares.....

but the suffering go overshadow u....

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by madridguy(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2018
I know you also turned my message because of your hatred for Islam. I never canvasses for attack on FALZ rather saying this could lead to one.
Someone drew a cartoon back then in far Europe, we knew what happened here in Nigeria. Nigeria is volatile already over religious issue, so we must be cautious especially when you did not belong to the religion.

Back to the topic, no sane person is happy with PMB concerning the present security challenges and the his handling the economy situation. Nevertheless, we should not allow sentiments to blind us from the good things he's doing.

resurgent2019:

I know you will want to turn my message around because of your support of Buhari.

I commended Buhari for his recognition of Abiola and Gani so you and the guy you quoted cannot accuse me of being a sell out or betrayer to my tribe.

I only belled the cat for us not to lose sight of what another 4 years for Buhari will mean for Nigeria.

I know your antecedent as a religious zealot—you called for a charlie hebdo to be pulled on Falz because of his THIS IS NIGERIA hijab fiasco.

I wont argue with you as i have passed my message without insulting any body.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

You don’t have to go into specific.
It as never been well under any PDP govt concerning killing.

Obasanjo wipe Odi, Zaki Biam etc
Yardua died
Ebele allowed boko haram massacre Borno Adamawa and regularly bomb Kano Abuja Sokoto n other states.

Statistically Buhari as proven to be beta but Igbo hate as blinded from seeing all of these facts.

I AM NOT IGBO!!!! Stop foisting the igbo identity on my person.

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by johnnyvid(m): 10:29am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

I pray so. The suffering in Nigeria is too much. Another 4 years will certainly kill{not literally} half of the population.

I am a yoruba man and i dont think he deserves a 2nd term.
yes, buhari will be defeated and rejected at the poll. people already knows his political tactics. I'm asking all the bloodied Apc supporter why why buhari is declaring June 12 as the democracy day since 2015 he assumed power. this declaration is highly political. it will never work for him in 2019.

Meet Barr Jenifer Atiku, Pretty Igbo Wife Of PDP Presidential Candidate Abubakar / Atiku Edo State Campaign Update / White Guy Calls Biafrans Superstars As Nnamdi Kanu Meets With UN Officials

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70