Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. (3621 Views)

Replying This Topic; Https://www.nairaland.com/6859997/yorubas-please-stop-engag / Yorubas Please Stop Engaging Igbos. / Yorubas Please Be Vigilant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by johnnyvid(m): 10:29am On Jun 07, 2018
Fact is: Governor Fayose honoured MKO Abiola before Buhari, who was among the killers of MKO and his wife, Kudirat remembered to honour him obviously for political reasons.

Nigerians must still remember that Buhari was a prominent member of the Abacha govt that arrested, incarcerated and killed MKO Abiola.

Then, what effort did Buhari make to free MKO?

Shedding crocodile tears on the grave of the same MKO Abiola that they conspired to kill won't redeem Buhari's image as an unrepentant dictator and ethnic champion.

May the soul of MKO and Kudirat Rest In Peace.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/june-12-fayose-declares-monday-public-holiday/amp/

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2018
madridguy:
I know you also turned my message because of your hatred for Islam. I never canvasses for attack on FALZ rather saying this could lead to one.
Someone drew a cartoon back then in far Europe, we knew what happened here in Nigeria. Nigeria is volatile already over religious issue, so we must be cautious especially when you did not belong to the religion.

Back to the topic, no sane person is happy with PMB concerning the present security challenges and the his handling the economy situation. Nevertheless, we should not allow sentiments to blind us from the good things he's doing.

To your advantage, Buhari seems poised to clinch the coveted seat in 2019. I dont think we should insult each other because of the aspiration of the elite—which Buhari is firmly a part of. As for your allegations that i hate islam, i say that i only hate terror. I cannot hate islam as my closest acolytes in life are muslims and i am a yoruba man surrounded by muslims. I only abhor fundamentalism and terror. Be guided accordingly.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by chernest2002: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

Election allows you vote for whoever pleases you, so vote how you like and let your tribesmen shut up n let those that want to vote for Buhari vote for him.

but campaign is allowed bro.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by front4line: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

I AM NOT IGBO!!!! Stop foisting the igbo identity on my person.

Being clouded by igbotic sentiments is not equal to you being Igbo. Stop wailing like Igbos do.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Guestlander: 10:33am On Jun 07, 2018
If Buhari can deliver the Lagos to Kano railway via Oshogbo and another link to Ekiti, I will definitely vote for him.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by front4line: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2018
chernest2002:
but campaign is allowed bro.

Continue your campaign n let those campaigning for Buhari do the same. Tit n tat is what I strongly adhere to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by ZZ22: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019 can't you make your point without involving Igbos? the truth is that Yorubas are the ones that hate Igbos which the reason is not far fetched from your writeup THE QUEST TO BEST THE IGBOS which till today you haven't succeeded and will never succeed.
If your people want to vote Buhari is nobody's business but when Fulani Herdsmen are done with MB their swords will surely turn SW and Yoruba Muslims will easily sell out Yoruba Christians

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by IJOBA2: 10:36am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

To your advantage, Buhari seems poised to clinch the coveted seat in 2019. I dont think we should insult each other because of the aspiration of the elite—which Buhari is firmly a part of. As for your allegations that i hate islam, i say that i only hate terror. I cannot hate islam as my closest acolytes in life are muslims and i am a yoruba man surrounded by muslims. I only abhor fundamentalism and terror. Be guided accordingly.
MADRIDGUY MY Fulani MUSLIM FRIEND IS ON A SERIOUS MISSION HERE ON NAIRALAND. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT YORUBA MONIKERS THEY USE TO DECEIVE GULLIBLE YORUBA YOUTHS ON HERE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by eodavids(m): 10:41am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:
Since the Federal Government's announcement about June 12 as new democracy day, i have carefully studied the reaction of Nigerians to the news. Expectedly, the igbos are upset and throwing tantrums at the yorubas, which is not new. The igbos HATE yorubas. That is a topic that has been overstretched. But we {Yorubas} need to think with our heads clear: Do we for the reason of our need to continually best the igbos and for this post humous recognition of Abiola's stolen mandate, vote in Buhari for another 4 years? Because from the reactions i have seen from Yorubas so far, we might for reason of Buhari's decision, vote for him — June 12 democracy day change is for all intent and purposes, a greek gift, meant to curry Yoruba votes for 2019.

Not to be misunderstood, i as a yoruba man feel elated and honored by Buhari's gesture {which is long overdue}, but i deem it insufficent to warrant forgiveness for the hell that Buhari has subjected Nigerians for the past 3 years. Nigerians have indeed suffered under Buhari and our right to religious freedom has been severly violated. We must as omoluabi, eschew the temptation to return the hate of our southern neighbours. I must admit that i have felt bad reading igbo comments since yesterday about this honour done yorubas, but at the same time, i cannot forget the wanton killings and economic strangulation that has taken place in Nigeria under Buhari. What is the assurance that southerners wouldnt suffer more in Buhari's 2nd term given our experience in the 1st? There must be deep introspection on whether the actions of this Government aligns with the democratic ideals of MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi. If we think with a clear mind, we would conclude that both Abiola and Gani will be turning in their graves on what Nigeria has become under Buhari. I would not want to go into specifics about what we have suffered, as that would obscure the substance of my message to all omoluabi.

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recognition with our votes.

The political space should remain open and our votes accessible to other reasonable candidates in 2019! The orchestrators of this Buhari masterstroke are our brothers and they are well known to all Yorubas. They have done well to immortalise our brothers in death BUT they should not get our votes so EASILY.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

Op, you have spoken well. But I take exception to the allegation that Ndigbo hates Yoruba's.

Social media comments cannot and should not be the yardstick for measuring the love/hate status of one tribe to or against the other. To do that is counterproductive.

Howmany characters in social media use their actual identity?
The answer is known to us all.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:
Since the Federal Government's announcement about June 12 as new democracy day, i have carefully studied the reaction of Nigerians to the news. Expectedly, the igbos are upset and throwing tantrums at the yorubas, which is not new. The igbos HATE yorubas. That is a topic that has been overstretched. But we {Yorubas} need to think with our heads clear: Do we for the reason of our need to continually best the igbos and for this post humous recognition of Abiola's stolen mandate, vote in Buhari for another 4 years? Because from the reactions i have seen from Yorubas so far, we might for reason of Buhari's decision, vote for him — June 12 democracy day change is for all intent and purposes, a greek gift, meant to curry Yoruba votes for 2019.

Not to be misunderstood, i as a yoruba man feel elated and honored by Buhari's gesture {which is long overdue}, but i deem it insufficent to warrant forgiveness for the hell that Buhari has subjected Nigerians for the past 3 years. Nigerians have indeed suffered under Buhari and our right to religious freedom has been severly violated. We must as omoluabi, eschew the temptation to return the hate of our southern neighbours. I must admit that i have felt bad reading igbo comments since yesterday about this honour done yorubas, but at the same time, i cannot forget the wanton killings and economic strangulation that has taken place in Nigeria under Buhari. What is the assurance that southerners wouldnt suffer more in Buhari's 2nd term given our experience in the 1st? There must be deep introspection on whether the actions of this Government aligns with the democratic ideals of MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi. If we think with a clear mind, we would conclude that both Abiola and Gani will be turning in their graves on what Nigeria has become under Buhari. I would not want to go into specifics about what we have suffered, as that would obscure the substance of my message to all omoluabi.

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recognition with our votes.

The political space should remain open and our votes accessible to other reasonable candidates in 2019! The orchestrators of this Buhari masterstroke are our brothers and they are well known to all Yorubas. They have done well to immortalise our brothers in death BUT they should not get our votes so EASILY.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

A June 2018 handle grin
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by wingmanII: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

Because you hate Igbos right from the womb you imagine they equally hate you.
Rubbish, Igbos do not have time to hate anybody, they only want justice and a level playing ground. Igbos are less tolerant of the Hausa Fulani arrogance and born to rule mentality, this brings them at loggerheads with Yorubas who for reasons best known to them feel they must defend the Hausa Fulani ruling class at all cost..

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2018
ZZ22:
resurgent2019 can't you make your point without involving Igbos? the truth is that Yorubas are the ones that hate Igbos which the reason is not far fetched from your writeup THE QUEST TO BEST THE IGBOS which till today you haven't succeeded and will never succeed.
If your people want to vote Buhari is nobody's business but when Fulani Herdsmen are done with MB their swords will surely turn SW and Yoruba Muslims will easily sell out Yoruba Christians

It was not my intention to insult igbos. Maybe i was a bit too blunt by using the word HATE. What i intended was to point out the rivalry between the yorubas and igbos. I wont comment on other points raised in your post,albeit derogatory.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:53am On Jun 07, 2018
wingmanII:

Because you hate Igbos right from the womb you imagine they equally hate you.
Rubbish, Igbos do not have time to hate anybody, they only want justice and a level playing ground. Igbos are less tolerant of the Hausa Fulani arrogance and born to rule mentality, this brings them at loggerheads with Yorubas who for reasons best known to them feel they must defend the Hausa Fulani ruling class at all cost..

Ok, sorry if my post struck a nerve. Never meant to insult your tribe. I only alluded to the political rivalry between these great southern tribes.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

A June 2018 handle grin

Yes, my main handle is under a lengthy ban for incisive comments. I just had to open this to pass my message.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Xander85: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

Election allows you vote for whoever pleases you, so vote how you like and let your tribesmen shut up n let those that want to vote for Buhari vote for him.

I think you are the one that needs to shut the hell up! He's free to speak not just for himself, but also advice ALL gullible Nigerians on the dangers of voting that devil buhari in for a second term!

It's called freedom of speech mate, and the fact his use of this fundamental human right makes you so agitated to the extent of wanting to 'shut him up' says all that needs to be said about you lot!

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:04am On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

Yes, my main handle is under a lengthy ban for incisive comments. I just had to open this to pass my message.

Lol grin
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by chernest2002: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

Continue your campaign n let those campaigning for Buhari do the same. Tit n tat is what I strongly adhere to.
have anyone stops you?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Okoroawusa: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
front4line:

I concur

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Enice(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mayrock:

is fine and ok....

Dash buhari ur vote....who cares.....

but the suffering go overshadow u....
so if another President enter, he go come dash you money? Dey there, hungry go catch you. Even in America, there are homeless people. The only thing Buhari has stopped is the free lunch.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
Enice:
so if another President enter, he go come dash you money? Dey there, hungry go catch you. Even in America, there are homeless people. The only thing Buhari has stopped is the free lunch.

ur post doesn't make any sense to me...

outright trash...

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Enice(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mayrock:

ur post doesn't make any sense to me...

outright trash...
Yes I know it wouldn't because you lack critical reasoning skills.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Enice:
Yes I know it wouldn't because you lack critical reasoning skills.

I don't want my reasoning to be like that of awolowo.....

u want make I drink rat poison....?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by FriendNG: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2018
Your boss has come.
They hear Buhari name they all become scared.
Sai Baba Sai Buhari.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by orisa37: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
Let The Spirit of O D U D U W A lead us not into Temptations and deliver us from all evil. Amen.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by omonuhabi(m): 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
Enice:

My brother leave them alone. Whether they like it or not my President PMB will win the next election. Infact I am highly prepared to cast that vote for him. More so my campaign for him is getting stronger by the day and many poisoned mined have began to see the light.

Long live PMB!
Long live Nigeria.

No more free lunch for the enemies of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
resurgent2019:

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.
so in your mind we will not suffer under PDP rule? Abi kotankotan Wo leleyi n so bayi
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by kayfra: 12:25am On Jun 08, 2018
resurgent2019:

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

Frankly, it seems like you think about igbos way too much or you are simply a yoruba impostor. Suspect the later

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 1:24am On Jun 08, 2018
ur a delusional pathetic lair,ur either an igbo or a symphatier..the fact that u keep stating u are a Yoruba in all ur threads,reflects the guilty conscious in ur desperation to portray urself as an Yoruba..u are not fooling anyone!
resurgent2019:

I AM NOT IGBO!!!! Stop foisting the igbo identity on my person.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 3:23am On Jun 08, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
ur a delusional pathetic lair,ur either an igbo or a symphatier..the fact that u keep stating u are a Yoruba in all ur threads,reflects the guilty conscious in ur desperation to portray urself as an Yoruba..u are not fooling anyone!

I am a Christian so I am allowed to have a soft spot for igbos. Should I hate igbos?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 3:26am On Jun 08, 2018
kayfra:

Frankly, it seems like you think about igbos way too much or you are simply a yoruba impostor. Suspect the later

I don’t understand how you guys from the north feel a big tribe like the Yorubas should have all her sons and daughters thinking in one direction. FYI, we have more than 45 million Christians in yorubaland! Most Yorubas are not comfortable with Buhari’s Government. Because we are not lousy like igbos doesn’t mean we are comfortable with Buhari’s government.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 3:37am On Jun 08, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
so in your mind we will not suffer under PDP rule? Abi kotankotan Wo leleyi n so bayi

Iwo lo n so Kotan kotan. Kori fun iwo Ayo molebi e bi buhari se se Nigeria.

Ki iya je iwo ati molebi bi Iya se je Omo Nigeria labe buhari.

Ase ti gun.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by FriendNG: 3:53am On Jun 08, 2018
resurgent2019:

I don’t understand how you guys from the north feel a big tribe like the Yorubas should have all her sons and daughters thinking in one direction. FYI, we have more than 45 million Christians in yorubaland! Most Yorubas are not comfortable with Buhari’s Government. Because we are not lousy like igbos doesn’t mean we are comfortable with Buhari’s government.

Majority of Yoruba are Muslims and they stand with Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole,yahaya Bello In Cold War As APC Shopping For Bello Replacement / Senate To Summon Theophilus Danjuma: "You Must Tell Us Why We Won't Sleep" / Beautiful Pictures Of Enugu, I Am Highly Impressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.