Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. (3623 Views)

Replying This Topic; Https://www.nairaland.com/6859997/yorubas-please-stop-engag / Yorubas Please Stop Engaging Igbos. / Yorubas Please Be Vigilant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by kayfra: 3:53am On Jun 08, 2018
resurgent2019:

I don’t understand how you guys from the north feel a big tribe like the Yorubas should have all her sons and daughters thinking in one direction. FYI, we have more than 45 million Christians in yorubaland! Most Yorubas are not comfortable with Buhari’s Government. Because we are not lousy like igbos doesn’t mean we are comfortable with Buhari’s government.
Afi North na grin

Igbo boy
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by obonujoker(m): 7:19am On Jun 08, 2018
front4line:

Being clouded by igbotic sentiments is not equal to you being Igbo. Stop wailing like Igbos do.

Ode ni e... so we should allow Islam take over the whole SW because we don't want to wail....

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by obonujoker(m): 7:24am On Jun 08, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
ur a delusional pathetic lair,ur either an igbo or a symphatier..the fact that u keep stating u are a Yoruba in all ur threads,reflects the guilty conscious in ur desperation to portray urself as an Yoruba..u are not fooling anyone!

A muslim like you will always support Buhari na... tani o mo?? Moreover you are not yoruba yourself

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Rilwayne001: 7:28am On Jun 08, 2018
resurgent2019:

We are elated but should we forget what Nigerians have been through for the past 3 years? undecided

What has Nigeria been through that hasn't been worse than under Jonathan?

Jonathan drove us into recession only for Buhari to bring us out of it. And as per the insecurity in the north central, he's trying his best to stop the killings. There's always going to be a loopholes in every government, but in so far the government is not relenting in their attempt to curb it, why should we then chatiste them?

Boko-haram did worse under Jonathan than the fulanis are doing now, boko-haram is almost non existent now.

Buharri is trying his best. Corrupt politicians are scampering' in fear of him, something that never was during the days of Jonathan.

Even if we're to vote him out, who do you propose that we vote in?
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Rilwayne001: 7:33am On Jun 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Majority of Yoruba are Muslims and they stand with Buhari.

This is not about religion.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by OBAGADAFFI: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Where did you get this from?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by alhassanyusuf29(m): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2018
so ur politics is about religion?
resurgent2019:

I am a Christian so I am allowed to have a soft spot for igbos. Should I hate igbos?
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by FriendNG: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Rilwayne001:

This is not about religion.

I know what I am doing. It's purely about religion. The hatred of the op to Buhari is 100% about religion. If you Know you know. If you don't know check resurgentxtain4

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by reality1010: 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
resurgent2019:
Since the Federal Government's announcement about June 12 as new democracy day, i have carefully studied the reaction of Nigerians to the news. Expectedly, the igbos are upset and throwing tantrums at the yorubas, which is not new. The igbos HATE yorubas. That is a topic that has been overstretched. But we {Yorubas} need to think with our heads clear: Do we for the reason of our need to continually best the igbos and for this post humous recognition of Abiola's stolen mandate, vote in Buhari for another 4 years? Because from the reactions i have seen from Yorubas so far, we might for reason of Buhari's decision, vote for him — June 12 democracy day change is for all intent and purposes, a greek gift, meant to curry Yoruba votes for 2019.

Not to be misunderstood, i as a yoruba man feel elated and honored by Buhari's gesture {which is long overdue}, but i deem it insufficent to warrant forgiveness for the hell that Buhari has subjected Nigerians for the past 3 years. Nigerians have indeed suffered under Buhari and our right to religious freedom has been severly violated. We must as omoluabi, eschew the temptation to return the hate of our southern neighbours. I must admit that i have felt bad reading igbo comments since yesterday about this honour done yorubas, but at the same time, i cannot forget the wanton killings and economic strangulation that has taken place in Nigeria under Buhari. What is the assurance that southerners wouldnt suffer more in Buhari's 2nd term given our experience in the 1st? There must be deep introspection on whether the actions of this Government aligns with the democratic ideals of MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi. If we think with a clear mind, we would conclude that both Abiola and Gani will be turning in their graves on what Nigeria has become under Buhari. I would not want to go into specifics about what we have suffered, as that would obscure the substance of my message to all omoluabi.

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recognition with our votes.

The political space should remain open and our votes accessible to other reasonable candidates in 2019! The orchestrators of this Buhari masterstroke are our brothers and they are well known to all Yorubas. They have done well to immortalise our brothers in death BUT they should not get our votes so EASILY.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.
Yoruba have always been carried away by carrot.The hausa man believe they can offer anything or swing Yoruba support easily.Yorubas say A but when you put them in d line of action you see a different Yoruba man.Exactly lack of principle.Unlike d igboman that says A and remains on that A.So principled before ethnicity and Nigerian politics and corruption.Nothing to show that you r d touch bearer of democracy rather yorubas v been d tools that destroy Nigeria democracy.When Buhari overthrew a democratic govt in 1983 along side Idiagbon,why didn't d yorubas refused knowing that democracy has been destroyed and as touch bearers of democracy.Eventualy d govt was a fiasco.Secondly, GEJ govt was d best of African govt but d yorubas was a ready tool used by the British to truncate it.The north being used is understandable but yorubas apologetic.While d elites in d north can fall for anything like their counter parts in d middle East that of d yorubas still baffle alot of us.Great powers globally were shocked at GEJ performance and personality.At world fora he was respected and he spoke his mind.He made Nigeria best economy in Africa and Nigeria was galvanizing Africa towards greatness.The white man realized that another four 4 for GEJ would lift Nigeria into permanent greatness knowing he would hand over power to someone like him.They needed to truncate this March of greatness and d constant ready tool is d yorubas.Have u ever observed that when yorubas r less or opposition to an issue in Nigeria d country do better but when given d opportunity it gets worse.The present situation can tell u better.Where s ur democracy?where is ur progressive Ness?All ur leaders were given d opportunity only to say we don't need restructure.At national conferences yorubas changed when given opportunity to walk their talk.So ur politics is ur attitude.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Ahmeduana(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
WE YORUBAS ARE HAPPY & ELATED

WHAT OBJ REJECTED, PMB1523 HAS APPROVED

GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS PMB1523

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
WHICH WE YORUBA? Count me out, i may be a muslim, but am not a b.@.$.t.@.rd.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
obonujoker:

Ode ni e... so we should allow Islam take over the whole SW because we don't want to wail....

Dont mind them. They want to use taqiyya to shut us up.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Rilwayne001:

What has Nigeria been through that hasn't been worse than under Jonathan?

Jonathan drove us into recession only for Buhari to bring us out of it. And as per the insecurity in the north central, he's trying his best to stop the killings. There's always going to be a loopholes in every government, but in so far the government is not relenting in their attempt to curb it, why should we then chatiste them?

Boko-haram did worse under Jonathan than the fulanis are doing now, boko-haram is almost non existent now.

Buharri is trying his best. Corrupt politicians are scampering' in fear of him, something that never was during the days of Jonathan.

Even if we're to vote him out, who do you propose that we vote in?

I see Buhari as a disruptive force. He cannot nurture and preserve our secularity, hence my apprehension. He has something up his sleeves. If the North must complete their turn, there are plenty moderate Northerners that can complete it. I fear that we may descend into a civil war if Buhari is allowed to come for another 4 years. My apprehension is not without foundation.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
FriendNG:

Come and make Yorubas majority muslim na...... undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

Iwo lo n so Kotan kotan. Kori fun iwo Ayo molebi e bi buhari se se Nigeria.

Ki iya je iwo ati molebi bi Iya se je Omo Nigeria labe buhari.

Ase ti gun.
iya je wa labe pdp ati jonathan
a de wa nkan se si

awon ebi tiyin looma jiya titi lailai ati lailai eyin ti e mo ju epe lo. ko tie le da fun yin a tawon omo yin titi aye a fi pare. eyin eniyan jakujaku yii ti o moro so
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
iya je wa labe pdp ati jonathan
a de wa nkan se si

awon ebi tiyin looma jiya titi lailai ati lailai eyin ti e mo ju epe lo. ko tie le da fun yin a tawon omo yin titi aye a fi pare. eyin eniyan jakujaku yii ti o moro so

So my curse is still affecting you almost 3 weeks after? Just go and nurse the effect of my curse on you and your family.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

So my curse is still affecting you almost 3 weeks after? Just go and nurse the effect of my curse on you and your family.
curse
that's an insult
wen my curse start to take effect you will where to apologize you will not see.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by ImperialYoruba: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
resurgent2019:
Since the Federal Government's announcement about June 12 as new democracy day, i have carefully studied the reaction of Nigerians to the news. Expectedly, the igbos are upset and throwing tantrums at the yorubas, which is not new. The igbos HATE yorubas. That is a topic that has been overstretched. But we {Yorubas} need to think with our heads clear: Do we for the reason of our need to continually best the igbos and for this post humous recognition of Abiola's stolen mandate, vote in Buhari for another 4 years? Because from the reactions i have seen from Yorubas so far, we might for reason of Buhari's decision, vote for him — June 12 democracy day change is for all intent and purposes, a greek gift, meant to curry Yoruba votes for 2019.

Not to be misunderstood, i as a yoruba man feel elated and honored by Buhari's gesture {which is long overdue}, but i deem it insufficent to warrant forgiveness for the hell that Buhari has subjected Nigerians for the past 3 years. Nigerians have indeed suffered under Buhari and our right to religious freedom has been severly violated. We must as omoluabi, eschew the temptation to return the hate of our southern neighbours. I must admit that i have felt bad reading igbo comments since yesterday about this honour done yorubas, but at the same time, i cannot forget the wanton killings and economic strangulation that has taken place in Nigeria under Buhari. What is the assurance that southerners wouldnt suffer more in Buhari's 2nd term given our experience in the 1st? There must be deep introspection on whether the actions of this Government aligns with the democratic ideals of MKO Abiola and Chief Gani Fawehinmi. If we think with a clear mind, we would conclude that both Abiola and Gani will be turning in their graves on what Nigeria has become under Buhari. I would not want to go into specifics about what we have suffered, as that would obscure the substance of my message to all omoluabi.

Let me reiterate, we must not descend into the cesspool of hate with the igbos, thus losing sight of our duty as the torch bearers of democratic principles and practices in Nigeria. There is no telling the dire consequences Nigeria will face in the next 4 years under this current regime. By all standards, Abiola and Gani deserve their post humous awards and we shall not repay their due recognition with our votes.

The political space should remain open and our votes accessible to other reasonable candidates in 2019! The orchestrators of this Buhari masterstroke are our brothers and they are well known to all Yorubas. They have done well to immortalise our brothers in death BUT they should not get our votes so EASILY.

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

Nigeria wronged Abiola and the principles of democracy. Nigeria has apologized to the Abiola family and as well custodians of democratic principles. Nothing concerns Yoruba in the award or the apology.

Now, as Bashorun and an Aare, the Alaafin could take this personally and demand reperation to Yorubaland since the Federal Government has officially acknowledged wrongdoing. This is the only point that Yoruba should now focus on.

Abiola as a politician and winner of election represents all Nigeria......but the assassination of a Yoruba war leader, and the acceptance of culpability by FG opens a new can of worms that Alaafin can press on to demand and get reparated for.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by eaglejay13(m): 6:18am On Jun 19, 2018
front4line:

Continue your campaign n let those campaigning for Buhari do the same. Tit n tat is what I strongly adhere to.

Ain't you the same guys that threatened Igbos with lagoon just because they campaigned for Jonathan?

Now you suddenly realize everyone has the right to vote his candidate?

You're all hypocrites.

It's not an insult, it's a fact.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by TheKabal: 7:19am On Jun 19, 2018
You are a liar, a fraud and a silly excuse for a Yoruba man. That has openly demonstrated his hatred for yoruba muslims, the FRN and other innocent Nigerians.

resurgentxtian4:
All the indicators point to that direction and the very people that can save us (igbos) are too steeped in hate and disorganization to even be successful in their secession plans.

resurgent2019:

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Ovamboland(m): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

YORUBA RONU OOOOOO...

Selah.

You will regret your life immediately you vote ibo choice a Fulani president and IBO vice. The level of mockery you will get from the ibo on this forum will push you to delete your account on nairaland.

You take to heart too much there reference to Osinbajo as a slave because he is vice-president but the truth is they envy and covet that VP position the way bees can die or kill for nectar and honey.

Yoruba should not allow their egalitarian ways of life becloud reason and effective engagement of the high stakes of Nigerian political system. No PDP state in 16 years of PDP has engaged and benefited from the FG the way Lagos is doing.

You heap all that happened in the last three years on the government in which your region has a huge stake and advocate for another in which your region will have zero stake, influence and projects in the Nigerian context. They will so laugh at you at your Level of naiveity looking for fairness and balance in Nigeria politics without thinking of your Group interest.

Don't decieve yourself, if APC loses, a pdp Fulani man and ibo VP will win, other contestant are minions in the scheme of things. You should think where that scenario places your region. Back to opposition, crying of marginalisation, hope of getting power back in the region by 2023 lost on the alter of what?

Security issues is very unfortunate but it definitely predates this government or the previous ones but it has been getting worse progressively so far appropriate steps like ranching, training and life style change is not introduced.

There is no quick fix to the problem as what brings more grazing south is present and getting bigger daily. Has this government handled the issue to my satisfaction definitely not, neither has the previous ones nor the opposition parties or aspirants proposed yet any reasonable solution that will be win/win for all. Not the we against them, they must lose for us to win rhetorics everywhere.

We see policemen and soldiers been killed in the grazing areas, that should tell us we need to come together to defeat this danger rather than divide ourselves to make the problem bigger and unsolvable than it should be.
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Ovamboland(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

I am yoruba and i wont insult you. On the issue of our {SW} enjoyment of infrastructural dividends, i totally agree with you ythat we have had it good under Buhari. However, it still does not atone for the economic strangulation and killings by the Fulanis. You and i both know things are not well in this Government. We can deceive ourselves but we know the truth.

I wont go into specifics with you as you will derail this thread. Have a nice day.

So you know your region has it good at a time of extremely low revenue and you want to throw it away to get what? Yet you shout Yoruba Ronu, are you thinking at all?

Only a child doesn't know that since early 70's Nigerian economic performance is tied to the price of oil? Until we diversify our revenue base which is going on at a frantic pace led by Yoruba sons and daughters and you join other envious never do well to throw it away?

If under low oil prices we had it relatively good, imagine what to expect now that oil prices has increased in the last few weeks. You want to hand that back to those who frittered the last one away. When the railway is complete with Ado ekiti also linked are you not seeing the DAWN agenda coming to reality without firing a shot in Yoruba land?
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by mightyhazell: 10:00am On Jun 19, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

A June 2018 handle grin
dat guy is well known here. from his days as alcatraz 1 (to like 10 or so) to resurgentxtian etcetera. an unstable boy tho,..but i guess he got ds one right
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2018
Ovamboland:

So you know your region has it good at a time of extremely low revenue and you want to throw it away to get what? Yet you shout Yoruba Ronu, are you thinking at all?

Only a child doesn't know that since early 70's Nigerian economic performance is tied to the price of oil? Until we diversify our revenue base which is going on at a frantic pace led by Yoruba sons and daughters and you join other envious never do well to throw it away?

If under low oil prices we had it relatively good, imagine what to expect now that oil prices has increased in the last few weeks. You want to hand that back to those who frittered the last one away. When the railway is complete with Ado ekiti also linked are you not seeing the DAWN agenda coming to reality without firing a shot in Yoruba land?

So because we are enjoying crumbs from the table millions of Nigerians should die?

Do you know what another 4 years for Buhari means for Nigerians—especially southerners and Christians?

I am too tired to talk jareee. Yorubas that want to vote Buhari should go ahead.

For some of us that won’t be able to bear another 4 years, I pray God provides the way and means for us to emigrate from the country.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by resurgent2019: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2018
mightyhazell:
dat guy is well known here. from his days as alcatraz 1 (to like 10 or so) to resurgentxtian etcetera. an unstable boy tho,..but i guess he got ds one right

God bless you for agreeing with me on the subject. As for being unstable, nothing is farther from the truth. I have consistently railed against 1. Extremist Muslims and; 2. Hateful Igbos.

The fact that I don’t hide the fact that there are divisions in yorubaland doesn’t make me unstable. Maybe I am not just ready to paper the cracks in yorubaland. Extremist elements abound in our muslim communit (though at insignificant number for now).
Re: Yorubas, Please Lets Not Get Carried Away. by Ovamboland(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
resurgent2019:

So because we are enjoying crumbs from the table millions of Nigerians should die?

Do you know what another 4 years for Buhari means for Nigerians—especially southerners and Christians?

I am too tired to talk jareee. Yorubas that want to vote Buhari should go ahead.

For some of us that won’t be able to bear another 4 years, I pray God provides the way and means for us to emigrate from the country.

Amen.

Religious division is only for ignoramus and non entities that abound on nairaland. When they start sharing resources, contracts and positions your think they care which religion you profess?

There's no evidence that Christians are been targeted in an organised fashion aided by this government or at any rate different from what we've had in the past.
Most of the noise are political in nature and aided by those who want to capture power by any means.
Those people have the advantage of innocence and sentiment because they are not in control of the FG.

The example is the traction gained by the attack in a church killing several people in ozubulu Anambra, and the attack on a church in Benue killing many including priests. While the Benue killing is all a lot of Christian's need to be convinced there's orgsnised attack on Christianity, the attack in Anambra did not attract as much attention a because such motive cannot be successfully attached to the drug lords. Now most care less if any evidence supporters their bias of a government sanctioned attack.

If what the current government is putting in place is crumbs to you, then maybe you see cheap imported rice, shoes, bags using temporary high oil proceeds as sensible. Rather than railways, agriculture investments, roads network that will aid business competitiveness, make food cheaper etc as way to go.

People have been emigrating out of Nigeria before Independence and it continues till today. It's your perogative to emigrate at any time of your own choosing. Even Americans with necessary skills are emigrating to Nigeria, and some that I know have vowed never to leave Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Already Lined Up In Kogi To Vote Atiku- Pictures / BREAKING: Jimi Agbaje Decamps To APC!!! / PDP Is Leading Massively Kogi East Senator District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.