Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria (41584 Views)

Kano Demands Apology From American University Over Fake Professorship To Ganduje / Ukaegbu Stephanie Graduates With First Class From Godfrey Okoye University / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by OyinO: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
Failed country that never existed

1 Like

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by iambabaG: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2018
barojana:
On behalf of the Nairaland Association Of Advocates Of Private Universities(NAAPU) whose Chairman, Board of Directors is OBVIOUSLY CodeTemplar with HigherEd as Our Company Secretary and TheVictorious asuustrike2009 and Gerrard59 as executive directors we hereby state clearly that the report of the Minister's child graduating from AUN is a welcome development.

This is an endorsement of the private higher education system and proof that our haters couldn't be more wrong in attributing our desire for private education as product of our inability to enter Public Universities.

The minister who though enrolled his child a year prior to his appointment is evidence enough that we were simply running away from something which the minister too was running away from.

Henceforth, any attempt to denigrate and assassinate the character of individuals who attended private universities would be met with a proportional offensive e-response.

Signed Barojana, Self Appointed Spokesperson NAAPU

Ayemii o is anybody looking for a spokesperson cheesy
CC Lalasticlala
Seun
On the contrary.. it shows the child is low grade minded. If the school she could get admitted into had the best graduating student finishing with a CGPA of less that 4; a weak Second Class Upper.. need i say more?
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Nigerian lazy youths always electing corrupt and lazy politicians to represent them.

Does Nigerians ever elected educated people to represent them

The man that had no faith in Nigeria government schools, is being appointed by APC led Buhari as a minister of education.

Nigeria government hospitals are another embarrassing sector.

Federal United Republic of Biafra must be restored.

Nigeria politicians/terrorists who came into government houses through lies and framing propaganda, they think that they don't owe anyone accountable.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2018
iambabaG:

On the contrary.. it shows the child is low grade minded. If the school she could get admitted into had the best graduating student finishing with a CGPA of less that 4; a weak Second Class Upper.. need i say more?
What a paradox!
If she had grad in a public uni with that grade, i am sure she would be hailed as being better than a first class private uni. Well, in case u don't know some schools use 4.00 cgpa system where first class is 3.5.

4 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by ubox: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2018
Sgwin:
Minister of education daughter graduate in America what happens to Nigeria education university standard
The school is in Yola, Adamawa state Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by sunnywinter(f): 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
barojana:
On behalf of the Nairaland Association Of Advocates Of Private Universities(NAAPU) whose Chairman, Board of Directors is OBVIOUSLY CodeTemplar with HigherEd as Our Company Secretary and TheVictorious asuustrike2009 and Gerrard59 as executive directors we hereby state clearly that the report of the Minister's child graduating from AUN is a welcome development.

This is an endorsement of the private higher education system and proof that our haters couldn't be more wrong in attributing our desire for private education as product of our inability to enter Public Universities.

The minister who though enrolled his child a year prior to his appointment is evidence enough that we were simply running away from something which the minister too was running away from.

Henceforth, any attempt to denigrate and assassinate the character of individuals who attended private universities would be met with a proportional offensive e-response.

CC Lalasticlala
Seun

Loool! High five.

3 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 11:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gerrard59:
Wow!

PwC has seen a big fish or he heads to PwC straight away.

Minister of Education? AUN? Yet another reason I say private universities are the future. What happened to public primary and secondary schools will happen to public universities. 10 years? 15 years?

Just get ready.

Congratulations to the graduands!

Is that okay?
Should we not be worried that the person responsible for public schools is patronising private schools?
I hope that you don’t criticise Buhari for going to London for treatment after spending billions on Aso Rock clinic more than all Teaching hospitals combined?
Are we not our own worst enemies, deserving the terrible leaders that we have

2 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by LaudableXX: 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
HigherEd:
By the way congratulations to Benedict. This guy ran away from Canada simply because he couldn't cope with the weather. Now AUN's BGS, You are the real MVP!
He couldn't cope with 'what' weather? shocked Is that the truth? Or is that the story he made up for you guys, so you could get off his back? Do you know how many Nigerians are in Canada, studying and excelling in their courses? I have some friends who relocated back to Naija to complete their studies, after the burden of getting enough forex at the current exchange rate, became too much for their parents or sponsors....

2 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gerrard59:

Lol. I actually finished from a public university. Had the opportunity to go to Covenant (parents were ready to sponsor). Declined it due to its religious rules (I'm quite irreligious).

Today, I kinda of regret it. It's not like I'd have broken any of the rules (I've an impeccable record in conduct), but I didn't see why I should be forced to obey rules because they are religious inclined. I prefer rules to be secular.

However, I have done my research and come to understand where private universities (the pacesetters) are going and comparing it to the Nigerian society. I can only see them going higher and becoming better. It'd take time, but just like it took time for public primary and secondary schools to fall in standards and private schools taking over, so will it in the higher education sector.

Nothing will stop it because good governance and the Nigerian society are parallel lines.

Are the owners of the religious/private schools not using money that we allow them steal from us to run their businesses to our collective detriment?
I am sure that they also don’t pay correct taxes and the government has weak monitoring of standards, if at all there is any.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by LaudableXX: 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
safarigirl:
The difference between a Private and a Public University graduate is OPPORTUNITY.

Some went to private schools because they didn't have the opportunity of getting admission into public universities and some went to public universities because they didn't have the opportunity to attend private ones (money no dey)

So, each faction making fun of the other is laughable.
Gbam!! You talk am well..... cheesy Once money is no object, you can easily get admission into any private uni, after you have obtained your 5 credit passes, in the relevant subjects. It is not like that in a public uni. The competition for admission is much tougher. undecided Even after passing with high scores at SSCE level, you still have to do post-UTME, and then fast and pray to be considered for admission. God dey!

3 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2018
seguno2:

Are the owners of the religious/private schools not using money that we allow them steal from us to run their businesses to our collective detriment?
I am sure that they also don’t pay correct taxes and the government has weak monitoring of standards, if at all there is any.

Well, giving tithes is a personal decision of which I cannot criticise. So I don't see it as stealing. No doubt, there are errors, fighting and misconceptions here and there. Collective detriment? That's on the fault of the Nigerian people; who don't hold their leaders to accountability. They are offering a service that has demands.

Regarding taxes, we can only guess unless someone makes an inquiry at the tax office.

2 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by educators(f): 12:11am On Jun 08, 2018
which way Nigeria. check my signature
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by kenny714433(m): 12:23am On Jun 08, 2018
Shouldn't a Law be passed that those who hold any position in this country, their immediate family must never seek education and medical attention outside the shores of this country ?

Maybe by so doing, they will sit up to their responsibility knowing quite well that it is here or nowhere.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:23am On Jun 08, 2018
First class in English

How come

1 Like

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Stevenson1(m): 12:32am On Jun 08, 2018
AZeD1:

You missed one option choice.

Some peeps in public schools chose it over private schools and vice versa.

Oga she graduated from Nigeria.
She entered the school before her father became a minister.

I'm sure the person didn't read the full article before commenting. maybe he/she didn't read the part that says American University Yola, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Dollabiz: 12:39am On Jun 08, 2018
ohhh
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Allison012: 12:44am On Jun 08, 2018
kmaster007:
Imagine Minister of naija education daughter graduated in US.. Mayb you suld go and Minister dem in US
Bro the skul is not in the US.
na naija d skul dey.
American University Of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Timagex(m): 12:59am On Jun 08, 2018
136 first class? shocked shocked shocked shocked I laff grin grin grin
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by SammieJayh(m): 1:04am On Jun 08, 2018
kenny714433:
Shouldn't a Law be passed that those who hold any position in this country, their immediate family must never seek education and medical attention outside the shores of this country ?

Maybe by so doing, they will sit up to their responsibility knowing quite well that it is here or nowhere.

Oh wow...so as a public office holder I shouldn't be able to give my kids the best they deserve when I can clearly afford to do so?
So long as it's not stolen funds, no one can do anything...

Even the daughter of China's President schooled at Harvard...

Restrictions on medical tourism is understandable...but restrictions on education is just rubbish.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by SammieJayh(m): 1:05am On Jun 08, 2018
Timagex:
136 first class? shocked shocked shocked shocked I laff grin grin grin

1st degree not first class angry
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Timagex(m): 1:12am On Jun 08, 2018
SammieJayh:

1st degree not first class angry
I'm sorry sir cheesy cheesy
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 1:43am On Jun 08, 2018
Gerrard59:
Well, giving tithes is a personal decision of which I cannot criticise. So I don't see it as stealing. No doubt, there are errors, fighting and misconceptions here and there. Collective detriment? That's on the fault of the Nigerian people; who don't hold their leaders to accountability. They are offering a service that has demands.

Regarding taxes, we can only guess unless someone makes an inquiry at the tax office.

If the gods of men can detect witches blocking their sheeple’s success, why can’t they detect that a substantial portion of the money given to them is stolen by public servants, civil servants and private sector workers?
How can the people demand accountability when the gods of men sell them hope that it will soon be their turn to enjoy at the stealing table and/or in heaven
The thieves have a symbiotic relationship with the gods of men.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 2:28am On Jun 08, 2018
Gerrard59:

Wow!

PwC has seen a big fish or he heads to PwC straight away.

Minister of Education? AUN? Yet another reason I say private universities are the future. What happened to public primary and secondary schools will happen to public universities. 10 years? 15 years?

Just get ready.

Congratulations to the graduands!
You guys just like to talk. If he had sent her abroad, you will still talk.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 2:30am On Jun 08, 2018
Geofavor:
So many boys and girls remain secondary school leavers because of the minister's actions. So, his children don't school in Nigeria? No wonder the dullard scrapped post utme and thought nothing of it. A lot of students were affected before it was brought back.

How can you minister education to your country when you couldn't do it to your children? What kind of country is this where the minister of education's children school abroad?

Are these people mad? They are mad! The whole administration. angry
They will never know peace for what they keep doing to the masses.
AAUN is in Nigeria sir.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by AreaFada2: 3:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Geofavor:
So many boys and girls remain secondary school leavers because of the minister's actions. So, his children don't school in Nigeria? No wonder the dullard scrapped post utme and thought nothing of it. A lot of students were affected before it was brought back.

How can you minister education to your country when you couldn't do it to your children? What kind of country is this where the minister of education's children school abroad?

Are these people mad? They are mad! The whole administration. angry
They will never know peace for what they keep doing to the masses.

Dude, this American university is in Yola. The one Atiku built for himself when he was the sitting VP of Nigeria and OBJ built his own Bells University at the same time.

Jonathan built 14 Fed universities BUT none for himself. Yet they said he was clueless & corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 3:46am On Jun 08, 2018
ireneidiva:

You guys just like to talk. If he had sent her abroad, you will still talk.

Of course, we will as we should.
A public servant should use the facilities that he is responsible for providing to the people.
Do you have a problem with that

1 Like

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 3:48am On Jun 08, 2018
AreaFada2:
Dude, the this American university is in Yola. The one Atiku built for himself when he was the sitting VP of Nigeria and OBJ built his own Bells University at the same time.

Jonathan built 14 Fed universities BUT none for himself. Yet they said he was clueless & corrupt.

That is the irony of the 200 million mumus in the geographical space called Nigeria.
That is why black man dey suffer today.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by yhungbrowhne(m): 4:27am On Jun 08, 2018
NEED A BUSINESS IDEA HERES 15 www.emperorblog.com.ng/need-a- business-idea-here-is-15/
FOR YOUR PROFESSIONAL,WEB DESIGN AND MUSIC PROMOTION CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR MY,CONTACT
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Collinshanz(m): 4:38am On Jun 08, 2018
Naija minista 4 Education 4 dat mata...!9ja which way?
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 5:21am On Jun 08, 2018
This is great @HigherED. No doubt, if Buhari had to send his children to school in Nigeria, it would surely be a private school. Also, if majority of Nigerians were offered the opportunity to freely study in any school of their choice, most will either pick CU or AUN cheesy ;Dforget about the hate ...many are just pained that they don't have such opportunity, it's understandable but it would have been better they celebrate good things, so that they can experience the same!

2 Likes

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 5:24am On Jun 08, 2018
barojana:

CC Lalasticlala
Seun

This is great news bro. But Many private schools have already been endorsed long ago by the quality of their products, impact of their research work, and the strength of their international recognition. Many of these guys are only just waking up to the realizattion ...more would soon do!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by guru90: 5:25am On Jun 08, 2018
Nigeria Education is just a joke!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / 7 Common English Phrases You're Probably Using Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.