Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria (41585 Views)

Kano Demands Apology From American University Over Fake Professorship To Ganduje / Ukaegbu Stephanie Graduates With First Class From Godfrey Okoye University / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by educators(f): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by bidemi1190: 7:55am On Jun 08, 2018
American cgpa is graded over 4
iambabaG:

On the contrary.. it shows the child is low grade minded. If the school she could get admitted into had the best graduating student finishing with a CGPA of less that 4; a weak Second Class Upper.. need i say more?
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by mykkel(m): 8:01am On Jun 08, 2018
HigherEd:
Daughter of minister of education, Hafsat Jalila Adamu, has reportedly graduated with a first class degree in English Language from American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola.

Miss Adamu was admitted to AUN in 2014, a year before her father became minister of education.

The number of students who graduated from the institution stands at 158, out of which 136 had first degrees, while 22 bagged post graduate degrees.

An Accounting student, Benedict Egwuchukwu emerged as the best graduating student with a cumulative grade point average of 3.98.

While addressing the graduands, AUN’s president, Dr Dawn Dekle said that her desire is to lay the foundation for a sustainable university.

Dekle also urged staff and students to share in the sustainability vision which requires synergy and sacrifices, adding that attaining such feat was the best way to complement the efforts made by AUN’s founder, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

“I believe our best way to show gratitude for this gift is to make AUN sustainable for generations of students to come. Our gift back to our founder will be a sustainable AUN.

“Therefore, from this day forward, the day of my inauguration, I wish to be known as the sustainability president. I understand the challenges involved, as sustainability will require approaches and ideas that are not in place today. It will require all of us to have an entrepreneurial and growth mindset,” Dekle said.

Dr Dekle, who was inaugurated as AUN’s fourth substantive president since its inception, congratulated the graduating students for joining the university’s alumni, and called on them to be good ambassadors of the university.

https://www.blueprint.ng/education-ministers-daughter-earns-first-class-american-varsity/

lols...funny how the minister of education daughter cannot even study in Nigeria...
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by NairaMaster1(m): 8:03am On Jun 08, 2018
HigherEd:
I guess she couldn't pass jamb to enter Ahmadu Bello uni. Before all these bashers of private universities realise what's going on it might be too late for y'all..

So, you think AUN doesn't follow Jamb standards? Well you can as send someone close to you there as cheap as you thought.

Humbly speaking, if I can afford I won't hesitate. After all, the labour market favours them than us.

Private uni graduate is IT compliant. Bundle of us from public uni can't boot a computer.

Let's drop complexes.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by zicoraads: 8:06am On Jun 08, 2018
First class in English Language? This will never happen in a public Nigerian university cheesy
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Dacronym(m): 8:09am On Jun 08, 2018
Instead of you people to cool down and learn something vital today in this thread, that may be useful to you in and those around you in future, you shout argue, even retort to Insults, is okay

As for this topic the only last thing I will say is that
Public Schools only have the better option for professional Careers E.g Medicine, Education, Law etc you should go to the Top Public Unis in the country if you seek a Career in that way

1 Like

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 08, 2018
You are just foolish and you have no one to tell you
skarlett:

If your private schools can't teach you to respect other people's opinion, then I'm sorry for you, your education is a unique waste.

BTW, Mr Privileged Private Schools Student by association (because who dash monkey banana na grin grin grin ), it's they not there, you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by NJsimpleboi(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2018
So out of 158, 136 grad with first class��?...... Isssoryt
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Adeyeye09(m): 8:42am On Jun 08, 2018
CodeTemplar:
On a second thought I think it is safer not to approve tetfund for private unis. If govt should av a stake in private unis then the goal of schools like cu, lu to impart christian values gets jeopardized.
even if they approve it, am sure c.u or l.u won’t accept it. Money yapa for there
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by AbbyE: 8:44am On Jun 08, 2018
NJsimpleboi:
So out of 158, 136 grad with first class��?...... Isssoryt

Lol comprehension
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 9:34am On Jun 08, 2018
ireneidiva:

Didn't you read that she started schooling there before he became a minister?

As a responsible public servant, he should have transferred her to a public school.
Leadership is by EXAMPLE. It is not by talk talk.
When Olikoye Ransome-Kuti was made Health Minister, he stopped smoking to avoid being a HYPOCRITE.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2018
seguno2:

As a responsible public servant, he should have transferred her to a public school.
When Olikoye Ransome-Kuti was made Health Minister, he stopped smoking to avoid being a HYPOCRITE.
Your first sentence is the dumbest thing Ive heard all year. So the girl should lose one year because of her fathers appointment? Just read what you wrote again and ask if you made sense. Does anyone need to be told before they stop smoking?
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by alarcon22: 10:14am On Jun 08, 2018
--Google_Cert--

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by seguno2: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2018
ireneidiva:
Your first sentence is the dumbest thing Ive heard all year. So the girl should lose one year because of her fathers appointment? Just read what you wrote again and ask if you made sense. Does anyone need to be told before they stop smoking?

Are you so UNdumb to not realise that she can transfer without losing any year
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2018
seguno2:

Are you so UNdumb to not realise that she can transfer without losing any year
From a private to a public school in Nigeria? LOL!
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2018
DonPiiko:
No one who can afford it chooses a public school over a private school, quote me anywhere.
I did. I also know many others who did.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 10:46am On Jun 08, 2018
seguno2:

Like she had no say in it.

Her father was made a minister not her.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2018
Cool story
AZeD1:

I did. I also know many others who did.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 08, 2018
DonPiiko:
You are just foolish and you have no one to tell you

E pain am cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by nick50(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
Why won't she graduated from a private university after all money no be problem besides children of the rich ain't always brilliant so I guess she couldn't secure admission on our prestigious federal government owned universitiesso she settled for a private uni where all u need to get admitted is just few credit passes in ur o level results
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
cheesy cheesy No follow me talk again
skarlett:

E pain am cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
nick50:
Why won't she graduated from a private university after all money no be problem besides children of the rich ain't always brilliant so I guess she couldn't secure admission on our prestigious federal government owned universitiesso she settled for a private uni where all u need to get admitted is just few credit passes in ur o level results
You opinion there... Its what could be looked into. Moreover, From #550k, you can acquire a full plot of secured Land in Ibeju-Lekki with rest of mind.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can visit our Ikeja office for contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by HigherEd: 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Ignorance is a disease. Who told you that the minister's daughter can't pass Jamb? undecided
Sarcasm!
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
With your "prestigious federal government owned degree", you still have issues with your grammar like -
Why won't she graduated from a private university.

I went to a private university and I can bet that your JAMB score wasn't up to mine. The sooner you realise that intelligent people can decide to go to Private schools and not Public schools, the better your life would be.

nick50:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by LaudableXX: 12:03am On Jun 09, 2018
stemmez:
work hard so you dont have to enroll ur kids in public schls. I attendeed both state, federal and private and God foebid I send my kids to Public schl. I rather private or scholls abroad. Amen
Guy, abeg go siddon. There are several people that attended public universities here, and are doing quite well in their respective careers today, both at home and abroad. undecided
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by phenom666(m): 1:09am On Jun 09, 2018
SammieJayh:

Oh wow...so as a public office holder I shouldn't be able to give my kids the best they deserve when I can clearly afford to do so?
So long as it's not stolen funds, no one can do anything...

Even the daughter of China's President schooled at Harvard...

Restrictions on medical tourism is understandable...but restrictions on education is just rubbish.
U this f**king lier.
I just u were a man u have pass through d four wall of higher education, u are not a jambite as u told me. This ur tread prove it.
U work for oyedepo in covenant university.
Now I know y.
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by SammieJayh(m): 1:54am On Jun 09, 2018
phenom666:

U this f**king lier.
cheesy cheesy cheesy You again

I just u were a man u have pass through d four wall of higher education, u are not a jambite as u told me. This ur tread prove it.
U work for oyedepo in covenant university.
Now I know y.

Ok...bye...
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Timagex(m): 9:54am On Jun 09, 2018
stemmez:

I am sure you failed English. You lack comprehension. 1st degree not first class. This is how you people fail exams
hmmmm....I didn't really fail English. But, if you can teach me, no problem cool
Re: Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria by Geofavor(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2018
ireneidiva:
AAUN is in Nigeria sir.
Oh, my bad. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / 7 Common English Phrases You're Probably Using Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.