Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? (3025 Views)

Ladies! Do You Feel Intimidated When Some Guys Approach You? / Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / Are Nigerian Girls Intimidated By Handsome Boys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by miraexcel(f): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2010
Here's a question that I have been recently searching for an answer to. I'm literally dying to know,

Are men intimidated by women who are independent and smarter than they are? I've found myself having to downplay my status what i represent rather so I can avoid uncomfortable situations! I've worked hard to get to where I am in life! Why should I have to conceal who I am/what I do so I don't bruise some guy's ego?

You'd think a guy would be happy to know there are women out there not looking to be "taken care of".

Most of them probably just assume you make a lot of money even when you're just managing your life and are only after you for that reason".

Are you kidding me? Please tell me this isn't the consensus!
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by stilphunky: 9:59am On Jun 01, 2010
Some men would definately not go for women of such status cos they feel such women would be difficult to control, and those are the no- nonsense kind of guys. As for me such women don't intimidate me for the kind of person i am, but the fact remains dat : most women who attains such status tend to go out of hand at one point or the other (just a few remain level headed) even if it's just to small degree. But i guess dats where tolerance come into play.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 01, 2010
it all depends where you live. in the real world, men are dying for such women but in 9ja they are mostly frown upon when it comes to marriage.
like the previous poster said, its all about control OR RATHER insecurity!

just read the many threads on NL about men asking if its RIGHT for a wife to earn more than a husband, if its RIGHT for a wife to make her own decisions in marriage, if its right for a wife to build her own house etc

most, dont view women as an equal partner but rather as someone who should never have more "power" than them in the relationship.
if a man has a successful wife then HE is successful but they never see it like that and rather look down upon this idea!

as for the ones who use the bible words for words to define a union in 2010, they have seriously lost the plot!
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by miraexcel(f): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2010
most, dont view women as an equal partner but rather as someone who should never have more "power" than them in the relationship.
if a man has a successful wife then HE is successful but they never see it like that and rather look down upon this idea!
you're so right here
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 01, 2010
Please galfriend, drs a distinction between "men" and "MEN". When u meet real men, u will find out dt it does not rili matter. Personally I prefer up and doin smart women.They r fun and entertaining 2 b wit. Actually if u r not, I drop u pronto. angry
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by miraexcel(f): 11:14am On Jun 01, 2010
georgeiyke009:

Please galfriend, drs a distinction between "men" and "MEN". When u meet real men, u will find out dt it does not rili matter. Personally I prefer up and doin smart women.They r fun and entertaining 2 b wit. Actually if u r not, I drop u pronto. angry

Glad to see guys who still reason like you
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2010
Thats the order of the day, you should have a degree but should stay away from a masters or a PHD just to cater to low-self-esteemed egos.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Onchedu(m): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2010
As naturally rebellious and high minded as most women tend to be and how difficult it is for most to tame those xtics, U can imagine how much harder it is when a woman takes that she lacks nothing and doesn't need a man for more than sex and anything else she wants from him, then add pride to the list and try living with that.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by SAGoddess: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2010
The words that stand out for me here are control and insecurity, wish life was a lot simpler than that but surely a woman who works and can hold the family together should the man fail to do so should be celebrated, men and their EGOS!
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Donvilo(m): 11:46am On Jun 01, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

it all depends where you live. in the real world, men are dying for such women but in 9ja they are mostly frown upon when it comes to marriage.
like the previous poster said, its all about control OR RATHER insecurity!

just read the many threads on NL about men asking if its RIGHT for a wife to earn more than a husband, if its RIGHT for a wife to make her own decisions in marriage, if its right for a wife to build her own house etc

as for the ones who use the bible words for words to define a union in 2010, they have seriously lost the plot!
This guy.
Somehow, u always (although not always but almost) seem to be right in most of ur contributions. Hope that's actually u, infront of that screen, talking or just some sort of an alter ego taking over from. grin But anyway all the same, am impressed. grin
U haven't been around for a while. Where hav u been? Heard u mentioning to pro01 something about them (moderators) banning u?
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by 77ken: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2010
To be in a leader in what ever circumstance u need a form of control over those under you, most guys feel a woman who has the money will usurp the leadership role in a marriage thats y guys get uncomfortable with chicks that re loaded. It`s up to the ladies to balance the love and respect angles to a relationship no matter who holds the pepper. I have seen a situation where the wife is more loaded but treats the man as a husband should be treated they still happily married after more than 10 yrs together.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Donvilo(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Thats the order of the day, you should have a degree but should stay away from a masters or a PHD just to cater to low-self-esteemed egos.
You, this girl! Where art thou?
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 01, 2010
Onchedu:

As naturally rebellious and high minded as most women tend to be and how difficult it is for most to tame those xtics, U can imagine how much harder it is when a woman takes that she lacks nothing and doesn't need a man for more than intimacy and anything else she wants from him, then add pride to the list and try living with that.

then why dont men take women they can "handle" instead of going for the women you mentioned and expect them to submit or lower themselves to YOUR level?!

Donvilo:

This guy.
Somehow, u always (although not always but almost) seem to be right in most of your contributions. Hope that's actually u, infront of that screen, talking or just some sort of an alter ego taking over from. grin But anyway all the same, am impressed. grin
U haven't been around for a while.  Where hav u been? Heard u mentioning to pro01 something about them (moderators) banning u?

if you judge by the "discussions" (some might misread it as arguments) i have on NL, then i am pretty sure my views aint seen as right by many but thats the beauty of NL, we can all share our views about life.

what i write is how i feel people should live their lives and i am just putting my point of view across. this is how I live my life or would if placed in that scenario.

by the way, if YOU think that i am "right" therefore we share the same views . . . . . . . .then why dont you write openly how you feel too about these subjects and share that with our NL peeps?!
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by sexdoctor(m): 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
i hope am not gona sound like him captain caveman.
in a relationship, understanding,trust,commitment etc matters a lot
some guys will love to be a dictator in their affair same also towards the ladies
my candid opinon is dat if am to marry a secured lady is also making my self a more secured MAN
get my drift cool cool cool

Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by A40(m): 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2010
@Onyilady
Maybe u have been rolling with the wrong and insecure bunch either that or you rub your achievements on their noses just guessing

Really what sensible man would not want an asset? Afterall i have seen women with inferior intelligence and qualifications that still suck at being wives or partners. The problem is a lot of y'all would want to play our position and not your position i.e you dont deny a man his basic respect regardless of your status and expect all would be well in the relationship/household
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Konjour(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
Too bad i haven't seen one lady/woman 'secured' enough to make dab at my eyelids, needless talking about intimidation, and i'm sure there are hordes of guys whose acts are similar to mine, you gotta roll with 'real dudes',and see how the backstory goes. cool
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Donvilo(m): 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

if you judge by the "discussions" (some might misread it as arguments) i have on NL, then i am pretty sure my views aint seen as right by many but thats the beauty of NL, we can all share our views about life.

what i write is how i feel people should live their lives and i am just putting my point of view across. this is how I live my life or would if placed in that scenario.

by the way, if YOU think that i am "right" therefore we share the same views . . . . . . . .then why dont you write openly how you feel too about these subjects and share that with our NL peeps?!
Really, each & every one of us is FREE to share his or her own views with other peeps. It's one of the very things that makes the world go round(not only in NL). So u do not need to worry about that bro, am not really against that neither am I against u. Just that am trying to let u know that most of my views are almost in the same line with urs. So which means, that we're supposed to be allies, right? And really, I don't hide my opinions (which i knew very well that it's gonna help some a lot) from peeps. Besides, i tend to be the openminded-type. cool
Like I said earlier, each & every one is entitled to his or her own views. I doesn't matter how one decides to put it. wink
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Donvilo(m): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

then why dont men take women they can "handle" instead of going for the women you mentioned and expect them to submit or lower themselves to YOUR level?!

Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by sizzlers(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
strive to make ur self secure also grin grin
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2010
Donvilo:

Really, each & every one of us is FREE to share his or her own views with other peeps. It's one of the very things that makes the world go round(not only in NL). So u do not need to worry about that bro, am not really against that neither am I against u. Just that am trying to let u know that most of my views are almost in the same line with urs. So which means, that we're supposed to be allies, right? And really, I don't hide my opinions (which i knew very well that it's gonna help some a lot) from peeps. Besides, i tend to be the openminded-type. cool
Like I said earlier, each & every one is entitled to his or her own views. I doesn't matter how one decides to put it. wink

ok my bad but you should have wrote that WE always seem to be right then.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Aproko(f): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2010
@ Topic,

me sef i wan know ooo. grin grin but jokes apart, i noticed that a lot of guys assume upon meeting a successful woman that she may not be submissive even before getting to know her.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by miraexcel(f): 2:06pm On Jun 03, 2010
Aproko inbox me you e-mail addy please
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
It's OK, It's Alright. I will marry you all.

Am not like other guys.

You got it?.
Re: Why Do You Guys Feel Intimidated By A Secured Woman? by novemberboi: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
A guys confident shld speak for him

(1) (Reply)

Can Dis Be Real Love? Pls I Need Matured Minds Here: / My Friend And Girlfriend Now Keeps Malice After I Returned From A Trip. / Some Silly Attitudes Men Exhibit On Facebook And Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.