Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate (6973 Views)

My Almost Cheating Experience Today. / My Experience Today While Trying To Bleep An Aro Cultist Babe / Nigerian Man Says Men Are The Cause Of High Divorce Rate. See His Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Thegamingorca(m): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

I saw them, I can tell the difference between gbagauns and typos.

Okay shocked
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by zicoraads: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

What if it's not my calling? smiley
Trust me, it's there, somewhere. You write good...very good in fact. And I really do think some things are not about "calling" or not. We choose our paths. Maybe in your leisure time or anytime you get to get leave from work, try it out. You won't know if you don't try it first.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
pocohantas:

So all women are rude?

Why are guys buying tramadol if not because of you insatiable modern women.

In our parents time, you took what you got. Now you harass men and say you didn't come, you're a two stroke engine, a one minute man, and you wonder why guys are taking tramadol. angry angry angry

Please stop all this modern nonsense and enjoy procreation Al 30 second no pre-intimacy sex
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2018
OLAJADON:

I guess you are someone like that also you wouldn't mind talking rudely to your father's mate in your place of authority as well.

I have been through multiple under 40 ceos.they dished out crap to older men like it was going out of fashion. My much older boss once told me to ensure I was on top of my game with anything I gave to him because he didn't want small boys insulting him.

That is the workplace. I also interact with people much younger than me. Respect is by not giving them opportunities to be rude. If you do not deliver, do not act right, or do not keep a dignified distance, you will have issues.

The workplace (outside of local govt /civil service/University) is not an environment where you can bully or chance ladies with your age. I would definitely keep my distance from a lot of people I joke with here in the workplace.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
Finstar:

You're not competing with anyone on grammar usage. Please communicate.

Asin Ehn my Brother, the Grammar weak me. I had to check If I'm in literature section just to be sure.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by LordsApostle: 12:38am On Jun 09, 2018
I agree brother, well said.
DonPiiko:
Respect is earned not something you acquire as a result of old age.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 09, 2018
OLAJADON:
this happened this afternoon at my workplace, an argument occur between an old man(in is late 50s) and a lady(around 22 or 23).
what happened was that there is this particular guy the man said he doesnt want to see in our work environment although the two were joking but this lady doesn't know that so she was trying to see what the man will do and told the boy to come inside that the baba can not do anything.
This actually made the man angry and the decided to chase the boy out for real and still she was stubborn while trying to make a meanless point. this lead to a heated argument that the lady was extremely rude to this man that I had to try to beg the Bros to please overlook the girl's deed. My opinion:-
1) For this young lady to talk to an old man like that definitely that how she talk to her parent at home
2) I asked my self for this lady to behave like this I wonder how she will treat her husband's family especially her husband mother. most of the time you don't have to be right as a lady, but still you must learn to overlook things
3) Either she is right or not does this give her the audacity to insult a man that is up to your father's age if not older than your father just to prove a point.
4) This are the kind of women that go into marriage and run out claiming victim of domestic violence which I don't support in anyway.
5) Although I am posting this as an example I have had countless experiences, majority of the women we have nowadays have no respect for anyone. then how will they respect their husband or his family at large? please if this continue who are the women we will get married to?
I know we have good women but the rate at which women are refusing to be submissive is becoming alarming

Submissiveness is earned not something you acquire because you've a 'penis'.

One of the numerous problems with African men is they can't reciprocate the submissiveness. Submissiveness is supposed to be reciprocal (that's if you so much desire it) .
Marriage is all about communication and understanding not submissiveness because you're trying to lord over the woman with the submissiveness talk.
Please, don't tell me you paid bride price so you deserve whatever you want. no it doesn't work that way.

You can't turn a woman into your slave because you paid a little amount of money for bride price .

and also you work to earn respect. You're man doesn't automatically give you a right to be respected by the female folks.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Harddiskng(m): 4:27am On Jun 09, 2018
Ishilove:
I had a hard time following your narrative because of the lack of proper punctuation marks that pushed your presentation to the edge of incoherence.

A rude lady does not represent the entire feminine gender, and how you managed to link a workplace altercation between two adults to the high rate of divorce in modern Nigerian society baffles me and has left me scratching my head.

your article is a stinky mental fart, fouling up the atmosphere sorrounding logic and commons sense, and leading me to the conclusion that many Nairaland youths are irreedambly puerile and are always quick to write jejune epistles on things they no little about.

Ishilove:

the OP is a load of sexist bullshit. If it were printed on paper, I'd rip it out, spread it on the floor in the bush and _shit on it,

Ishilove:

I will send you a memo the day I give a flying fvck cheesy

Lady. There is alot wrong with your posts apart from the obvious, pride and general lack of grace; double standard, absence of Emotional Intelligence, lack of restrain and faulty communication that resonates gross disregard for self-awareness. If you take care of all that I’m sure you’d have a happy marriage (well, thats if you would like to get married).

Let me tell you a secret, I went through your posts and with a few more clicks; you were surprising easy to find in the “real world” undecided. Anybody with a functional brain holding a grudge and well motivated one, would surely find you. You might want to do something about that.

Always do a simple 30 seconds evaluation before you post stuff online. I’m sure you know that Regular Joes, Strategic employers, Professors, Millionaires, Hackers, Peodophiles and so many other crazy lots you can’t categorize all come to Nairaland to unwind.

Now back to the topic, hmmm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by nazablossom(f): 8:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Respect is reciprocal.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Teespice(f): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Ishilove:
Op, first of all your syntax is atrocious. I had a hard time following your narrative because of the lack of proper punctuation marks that pushed your presentation to the edge of incoherence.

Second, you have made the abominable error of generalisation. A rude lady does not represent the entire feminine gender, and how you managed to link a workplace altercation between two adults to the high rate of divorce in modern Nigerian society baffles me and has left me scratching my head.

I thus agree with shaybebaby that your article is a stinky mental fart, fouling up the atmosphere sorrounding logic and commons sense, and leading me to the conclusion that many Nairaland youths are irreedambly puerile and are always quick to write jejune epistles on things they no little about.

oyibo supu!!!!!!

I doff my hat for this mighty grrammar.

jokes aside, op said so much but said nothing. respect is not gotten it is earned.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by MissJoy29(f): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2018
pocohantas:

So all women are rude?
Lol....exactly what I wanted to answer him. They are always quick to attack women but play emotional games when something about them is pointed out.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by MissJoy29(f): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2018
zicoraads:

Many Nairaland youths? Isn't that the same generalisation you preached against in your second paragraph?

I didn't even bother to read it. At a time I'm trying to develop myself, I cannot purposely put my brain on reverse by reading any of that.
I don't think "many" is used for generalisation. But "all" is.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Humanistme: 11:28am On Jun 09, 2018
zicoraads:

Many Nairaland youths? Isn't that the same generalisation you preached against in your second paragraph?

I didn't even bother to read it. At a time I'm trying to develop myself, I cannot purposely put my brain on reverse by reading any of that.

olodo learn the difference between many, few, some & all.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Rahbiew: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
agbonkamen:
so what is the solution
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by jieta: 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Elder001:

Submissiveness is earned not something you acquire because you've a 'penis'.

One of the numerous problems with African men is they can't reciprocate the submissiveness. Submissiveness is supposed to be reciprocal (that's if you so much desire it) .
Marriage is all about communication and understanding not submissiveness because you're trying to lord over the woman with the submissiveness talk.
Please, don't tell me you paid bride price so you deserve whatever you want. no it doesn't work that way.

You can't turn a woman into your slave because you paid a little amount of money for bride price .

and also you work to earn respect. You're man doesn't automatically give you a right to be respected by the female folks.
Is disappointing to read such puerile submission from you i would have expect a female to make such comment. but well! what you desire is what you get i won't allow a woman a paid peanut for to oppose me.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by zicoraads: 1:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
MissJoy29:

I don't think "many" is used for generalisation. But "all" is.
So is 'majority' a sweeping generalisation? The poster said 'majority' of women...Ishilove quoted him and said OP generalized by using 'majority.' Then concluded by saying 'many' youths here are puerile and whatnot.

No one said "many" is used for sweeping generalizations. Many is used to refer to a certain majority as well. Which doesn't make any difference to what the OP posted.

You cannot castigate someone for using majority, then use "many", which also refers to majority as well.

But I'm the one she is embarrassed for cheesy

I chose to ignore every other quote that came after I posted. I cannot start teaching people that many and majority are one and the same.

These days, I really don't have time for inanities.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Tallesty1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
pocohantas:
So this is the reason for high divorce?

You know we have good women, yet you are asking us who you will marry? Find one of the good women and marry na.

Abi you think as you guys are swallowing tramadol and all sorts, we are not scared of marrying drug addicts that'll butcher us? undecided
Nah only drug addicts? Ritualists, drunkards, gamblers etc full everywhere nah. I really do pity the women that will marry some men.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by mimimile93: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
agbonkamen:
so what is the solution

Is that lady a naija? Because that's how naija girls behaved. They don't have manners. They hate being corrected...
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by mimimile93: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
OLAJADON:
this happened this afternoon at my workplace, an argument occur between an old man(in is late 50s) and a lady(around 22 or 23).
what happened was that there is this particular guy the man said he doesnt want to see in our work environment although the two were joking but this lady doesn't know that so she was trying to see what the man will do and told the boy to come inside that the baba can not do anything.
This actually made the man angry and the decided to chase the boy out for real and still she was stubborn while trying to make a meanless point. this lead to a heated argument that the lady was extremely rude to this man that I had to try to beg the Bros to please overlook the girl's deed. My opinion:-
1) For this young lady to talk to an old man like that definitely that how she talk to her parent at home
2) I asked my self for this lady to behave like this I wonder how she will treat her husband's family especially her husband mother. most of the time you don't have to be right as a lady, but still you must learn to overlook things
3) Either she is right or not does this give her the audacity to insult a man that is up to your father's age if not older than your father just to prove a point.
4) This are the kind of women that go into marriage and run out claiming victim of domestic violence which I don't support in anyway.
5) Although I am posting this as an example I have had countless experiences, majority of the women we have nowadays have no respect for anyone. then how will they respect their husband or his family at large? please if this continue who are the women we will get married to?
I know we have good women but the rate at which women are refusing to be submissive is becoming alarming

Is that lady a naija girl? Because that's how naija girls behaved. They don't have manners. They hate being corrected. Na over sabi dey worry dem
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by highqueen(f): 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
jieta:
Is disappointing to read such puerile submission from you i would have expect a female to make such comment. but well! what you desire is what you get i won't allow a woman a paid peanut for to oppose me.
even when you are on the wrong track?
this una self entitlement shaa.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by armadeo(m): 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
louken:
Op may not have presented his point well but there are elements of truth in what he said.

Maybe point not presented properly.

Example is the girl a staff and the guy the Bateman or driver ? He should respect his position and keep quiet.

I doubt if the old man is her superior.

That doesn't make a bad wife I hate when people demand age against the job they are required to do.

Some old man says am I your mate to be driving you around I will drop kick his butt into the bin. Did I drag you from your house to do this job.

Respect is earned not grown into.
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Thegeneralqueen(f): 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
DonPiiko:
I swear down, old age don't trip me, just be civil and act your age.
Nne kwanu nnamuooooo wink
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by OLAJADON: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
mimimile93:

Is that lady a naija girl? Because that's how naija girls behaved. They don't have manners. They hate being corrected. Na over sabi dey worry dem
abi many over them are even here on nairaland...always trying to justify their species
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ishilove:
Op, first of all your syntax is atrocious. I had a hard time following your narrative because of the lack of proper punctuation marks that pushed your presentation to the edge of incoherence.

Second, you have made the abominable error of generalisation. A rude lady does not represent the entire feminine gender, and how you managed to link a workplace altercation between two adults to the high rate of divorce in modern Nigerian society baffles me and has left me scratching my head.

I thus agree with shaybebaby that your article is a stinky mental fart, fouling up the atmosphere sorrounding logic and commons sense, and leading me to the conclusion that many Nairaland youths are irreedambly puerile and are always quick to write jejune epistles on things they no little about.
grin
Ishilove:

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by MissJoy29(f): 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
zicoraads:

So is 'majority' a sweeping generalisation? The poster said 'majority' of women...Ishilove quoted him and said OP generalized by using 'majority.' Then concluded by saying 'many' youths here are puerile and whatnot.

No one said "many" is used for sweeping generalizations. Many is used to refer to a certain majority as well. Which doesn't make any difference to what the OP posted.

You cannot castigate someone for using majority, then use "many", which also refers to majority as well.

But I'm the one she is embarrassed for cheesy

I chose to ignore every other quote that came after I posted. I cannot start teaching people that many and majority are one and the same.

These days, I really don't have time for inanities.
Ok....I understand.
If that's what happened, then she's wrong. Cos majority & many are the same thing.

Modified: I have seen it. They are same. She's wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by saintsylve(m): 8:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
Ishilove:

Chai!
And you expect op to understand the above analysis of his /or her write up?
Re: My Experience Today And Why I Think There Is High Divorce Rate by BiafranDel: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
Humanistme:

olodo learn the difference between many, few, some & all.
just imagine. see who is calling someone olodo. you wanted to sound smart but you just made a fool of yourself. School yourself first before you come type rubbish. Oversabi no good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Wahala and Chaos Of Female Nature: Volume 2 / Why Ladies Prefer To Date Married Men Than Single Guys. / See Wot Wl Hapen To U If U Have Sex Wit 7 Girls In A Week!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.