Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why Do People Hate Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate Atheists (3021 Views)

Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life / Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists / 8 Reasons Believers Hate Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
This question is mainly directed to Christians whose favorite bible quotation is

"A fool has said in his heart there is no God"

most of us once were in your position saying the same thing and wondering why a person would reject the idea of "God's existence. But you see nobody hates himself,I once believed that hell exists and that unbelievers would go to hell,this is what I believed for a larger part of my life,so for me to reject that belief means that I have very good reasons,now of course you don't know what it feels like to be an atheist so I don't think you have any choice but to believe what you do,on the other hand I was raised a Christian and I know what it feels like to be a Christian and I know what atheism is too,and I know the more reasonable belief out of the two. A lot of Christians believe that without " God" life has no meaning,well that is untrue,a lot of people live very successful lives without involving "God", and speaking of myself it's been years since I left Christianity and if someone told me back then that witches and wizards wouldn't eat me up if I failed to pray before sleeping I wouldn't believe,but then look at me I don't pray to anyone to watch me while I sleep,or solve my problems or help me pass my exams and I still do well,I don't live my life to please an imaginary being but live the way I deem fit for myself and for the interest of others,leaving religion has made me see the wrong side of homophobia and other forms of discrimination that religion encourages,I have become a better and more tolerant human with the belief that Love is all we need to make the world a better place,and speaking of what I am not,I am not a morally degraded "satanist" like religious people view atheists to be,although our definition of morality varies,I am not a " God heater" neither do I discriminate other people,I am not a monster who opposes everything good,I am not completely against the bible because of course I agree that some of its teachings are good but then I reject the idea that it is entirely historically accurate and divinely inspired and should be used as a guide to morality,I also reject the story of Noah's ark TBH,I don't understand how people reconcile the numerous issues in that story with reality without at least having a little doubt to its authenticity, and of course Methuselah living 969 years,I think it is very funny that people belief that such thing happened even without any confirmable evidence.
I must admit that some atheists in this forum,myself inclusive,may make offensive comments,but then you can not imagine what we go through sometimes and as humans we let our sentiments get in the way, it is not an excuse anyways but at least speaking of myself I can assure you that I do not dislike or discriminate any one because of his/her religious beliefs ,my entire family members are Christians as well as my friends some are Muslims so I don't have any problems with Christians or Muslims because of their religion,since I don't know any other atheist personally besides myself I can not speak for others but I believe most atheists think the same way.
So having said this much,and without making unnecessary and scornful comments I wish religious people would tell us the reason(s)why they hate atheists (assuming they do)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by daryoor(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
Simply because...

Initially christains we being persecuted

Now they are the ones doing the prosecuting.

If im lying come out of your atheistic closet and see how your collegues and family will take it well kiss kiss
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by rekinomtla(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
I don't hate atheists, just dislike those who seek attention by insulting, harassing and mocking others.

But I get why some hate atheists, especially those who were violently subjugated in atheist states. But more generally online, atheists tend to go around calling people ignorant, stupid, morons, etc. They deliberately open threads on religious sections to post blasphemous comments to get the attention of religious individuals and they also tend to blame religion on everything and love to lie about the religions they are attacking. They also have a very condescending way about themselves.

If you a theist this is generally the average atheist you'll meet online in a religous section.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by festwiz(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64, it's quite simple.

People naturally tend to hate what they don't understand. Religion tells people not to understand but have faith. This way, they can only breed hate 'cause faith makes them devoid of all reasoning.

#peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by festwiz(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:
I don't hate atheists, just dislike those who seek attention by insulting, harassing and mocking others.
Do you have theists that do the same?
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by festwiz(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2018

People naturally tend to have what they don't understand. Religion tells people not to understand but have faith. This way, they can only breed hate 'cause faith makes them devoid of all reasoning.

#peace
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by rekinomtla(m): 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
festwiz:
Do you have theists that do the same?

Yes and dislike them as well.
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
daryoor:
Simply because...

If im lying come out of your atheistic closet and see how your collegues and family will take it well kiss kiss

my parents and siblings know I'm an atheist,my closets friends too
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:

But I get why some hate atheists, especially those who were violently subjugated in atheist states. But more generally online, atheists tend to go around calling people ignorant, stupid, morons, etc. They deliberately open threads on religious sections to post blasphemous comments to get the attention of religious individuals and they also tend to blame religion on everything and love to lie about the religions they are attacking. They also have a very condescending way about themselves.

If you a theist this is generally the average atheist you'll meet online in a religous section.

you say you don't hate atheists, let's just leave it at that
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:

Yes and dislike them as well.

do you think it is fair for theists to create and enforce laws based on religion?,and what us your view about the 2nd verse of the national anthem which has "God" mentioned in it,don't you think it is biased and in a way inconsiderate of the right of people to choose not to believe in "God"
do you not think that atheists living in such conditions where their rights are neglected might take to self defense, which can be seen as what you describe as "blasphemous comments"
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by johnydon22(m): 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
daryoor:
Simply because...

I'm not in the closet smiley
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by rekinomtla(m): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
festwiz:

People naturally tend to have what they don't understand. Religion tells people not to understand but have faith. This way, they can only breed hate 'cause faith makes them devoid of all reasoning.

#peace

And you wonder why religous people dislike atheists. Yeah, I'm sure most people would admire those who say they devoid of all reasoning merely because they are an adherent of a religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:

And you wonder why religous people dislike atheists. Yeah, I'm sure most people would admire those who say they devoid of all reasoning merely because they are an adherent of a religion.

you have a point,I must say,even if "God" does not exist like we atheist believe, the way we deliver that message to believers might instigate hate and contempt,so I must implore atheists to show some empathy with their use of words

p.s but to be honest from my point of view(believers may disagree)what festwiz said is true in almost every case,so it is not an insult,most Christians are devoid of sound reasoning especially when it comes to religious matters

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
You don't know what it means to be a christian. You might no what it means to be religious but you certainly don't know what it means to be "born again."

If knew you won't be here today typing that, "there is no God."

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
You don't know what it means to be a christian. You might no what it means to be religious but you certainly don't know what it means to be "born again."

If knew you won't be here today typing that, "there is no God."

so tell me what you think you know about Christianity and Yahweh that I don't
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Butterflyleo: 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

EVERYTHING!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

Salvation is not about being born in a religious home. Salvation is all about making Jesus Christ your heart beat. Nothing else can take it place. If you had done this, I repeat, you will not be here saying your Creator doesn't exist.

But it is not yet late to turn your heart and will to Him who loves you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

Let's begin by you telling us. DarkChild, Who is Jesus before he became Human?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Salvation is not about being born in a religious home. Salvation is all about making Jesus Christ your heart beat. Nothing else can take it place. If you had done this, I repeat, you will not be here saying your Creator doesn't exist.

But it is not yet late to turn your heart and will to Him who loves you.

you are saying this to a person who had gone for altar calls probably over 20 times
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
Anas09:

Let's begin by you telling us. DarkChild, Who is Jesus before he became Human?
I don't believe in Jesus
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Butterflyleo: 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

I don't believe in Jesus

THEN I REPEAT, EVERYTHING ABOUT YAHWEH AND CHRISTIANITY ARE UNKNOWN TO YOU.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

THEN I REPEAT, EVERYTHING ABOUT YAHWEH AND CHRISTIANITY ARE UNKNOWN TO YOU.
fine
Do you mind telling us the problem you have with atheists, since you are of focal point in this topic,you can never agree with what an atheist says even when it is obviously true,
Did an atheist break your heart ?
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Butterflyleo: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

fine
Do you mind telling us the problem you have with atheists, since you are of focal point in this topic,you can never agree with what an atheist says even when it is obviously true,

An atheist break my heart? You wish.

They should first unbreak their self afflicted broken hearts.

I do not have a problem with atheists. In fact they are fair game to me. More like targets I use to test the sharpness of my aim.

There is nothing atheists say that are "obviously" true. They so love mixing in lies with these so called truths and as such it becomes half truths cleverly designed to deceive the gullible.

Do you mind giving us the problem you have with theists? Remember you are also a focal point since you are very outspoken and I have slammed you repeatedly on that which simmered you down a bit whenever you are before me grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

you are saying this to a person who had gone for altar calls probably over 20 times

My friend, it is not about going to alter or temple calls. You have to consciously give your heart to Jesus, and not the one they made you say out of compulsion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Butterflyleo: 8:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

The right word you should have used is "pretended" to go for altar calls over 20 times. Perhaps to you it felt like bet9ja.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

I don't believe in Jesus
I don't mean now. I mean when you were a Christian and knew everything about Christianity and YHWH.

You asked a question and from it you implied you knew everything about YHwH, what you knew you can not unknow it. Now base on what you knew when you were a Christian.

Who was Jesus before he became human?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

fine
What is 'Obviously true' about what you are saying here?

You said you were a Christian for many years and know all about Christianity and YHWH, now i ask, who was Jesus whom you knew so well for many years as a Christian? you said you don't believe in Jesus. You mean to say you didn't believe in Jesus for the many years you were a Christian Or, those memories are erased from you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
darkchild64:

Can you just listen to yourself? You went for an alter call 20 times? Why pls? I need to know why you did that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by SuperDuper12(m): 1:40am On Jun 11, 2018
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
I had a few issues but I'm back
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
Anas09:

Can you just listen to yourself? You went for an alter call 20 times? Why pls? I need to know why you did that.
u know what,just believe whatever you want,the intention of creating this thread is not to discuss my former life as a Christian, if you have any reason why you dislike atheists kindly share it,if you are still concerned about getting answers to your questions create a thread about it and it will be my pleasure to join you on board,but for the mean time let's not digress from the topic

WHAT PROBLEMS DO YOU HAVE WITH ATHEISTS (IF ANY)

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2018
darkchild64:

u know what,just believe whatever you want,the intention of creating this thread is not to discuss my former life as a Christian, if you have any reason why you dislike atheists kindly share it,if you are still concerned about getting answers to your questions create a thread about it and it will be my pleasure to join you on board,but for the mean time let's not digress from the topic

WHAT PROBLEMS DO YOU HAVE WITH ATHEISTS (IF ANY)
The problem i have with most atheists in this forum is the penchant they have for lying. They lie without considering that those to whom they are lying to knows one or two things about the issue they are lying about.

Let's begin with you. You challenged someone to tell you what you do not know about Christianity and YHWH. With that, i asked you one simple question every Christian shd know about Christ, you couldn't, yet you claim you have been a Christian all your life until you discovered God does not exist.

You, Mr Darkchild have your antecedents all over this forum, although not in religion section.

I have followed people who followed you and by that knows about your family background. There is no Christianity in your background.

Why do you lie? What do you hope to achieve by lying like this?

From your antecedents, you are not up to 25yrs, as you just only got admission to study Fine Arts in University of Lagos, yet you have lived so long to have served God and discover He doesn't exist.

This is my problem with atheists like you.

Oh wait, are you an atheist to begin with, or you are angry at how life has treated you hence blame God for not protecting you from those who should love you?

We are given choices to make my dear angry atheist, don't blame God for the outcome.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boys' Brigade @136 And Boys' Brigade Nigeria @111years / Why Did God Stop Man From Living For Ever? / Vibration While Praying !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.