Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why Do People Hate Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Hate Atheists (3042 Views)

Why Do Many People Hate Deeper Life / Why Do Nigerians Hate Atheists / 8 Reasons Believers Hate Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Hakeem12(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2018
rekinomtla:

My signature just quotes what a wise man said about atheism.
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Hakeem12(m): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
HardMirror:
a friend of mine claimed god raises the dead and infact he has seen it happen before. I asked if god raises beheaded people too. He started flapping around like an headless chicken trying to give excuses for his god. Bunch of dumb zombies
Nothing such as coming back from the the dead. Just a clear case of Lazarus syndrome. Pressure buildup in the chest caused by CPR. Once CPR is ceased, this pressure may gradually release and kick-start the heart back into action, that's one. Delayed action of medication used as a part of resuscitation efforts, such as adrenaline. It is possible that drugs injected through a peripheral vein are inadequately delivered centrally due to impaired venous return, and when venous return improves after stopping the dynamic hyperinflation, delivery of drugs could contribute to return of circulation. And so many others that I don't even remember. In this world of information and fact, ignorance is a choice for people who have decided to live by faith and chose to close their eyes to reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by rekinomtla(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hakeem12:
hmmm, wise indeed. Newton himself doesn't like being in a state of unkonwn. He is known for saying " what we know is a drop, what we do not know is an ocean." He believed since there were a lot of things not known to man, a God must exist. Have you heard of the new planet HD904790, located in the same milky way galaxy as earth. It has outstanding features like exceptional atmosphere, climate. natural resources and even freshwater. Scientist once believed earth is the only planet capable of sustaining life. This new discovery proves them wrong. And the distance between us and this planet is 300,000 years. What kind of beings do you think live there. Do they practise Islam and Christianity too? People once worshipped the sun and moon and attributed every illness to the wrath of the gods until cure was found for them through science.

He never said or believed that. He rejected the idea that chance could be the reason why we are all here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Hakeem12(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
rekinomtla:

He never said or believed that. He rejected the idea that chance could be the reason why we are all here.
oh he did. He said for the earth to have been aligned perfectly in the solar system to receive just the right amount of heat unlike mercury or mars and not too cold like Pluto must have been the working of an almighty God. Newton said that.
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by rekinomtla(m): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hakeem12:
oh he did. He said for the earth to have been aligned perfectly in the solar system to receive just the right amount of heat unlike mercury or mars and not too cold like Pluto must have been the working of an almighty God. Newton said that.

That's not the same as "He believed since there were a lot of things not known to man, a God must exist."

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by hahn(m): 8:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
daryoor:

Before the holy roman empire Christianity wasnt a dominant religion, christains where the minority. How did the disciples die if they were never prosecuted as u are stating?

The stories of the apostles in the bible are still being debated over their authenticity and honestly the characters in the bible are mostly fictional. That said, the authenticity of even their existence is not even sure and thus it puts their whole story of persecution under suspicion.

The stories were probably formulated to invoke sympathy

U are talking about an atheist in wealth. Why are u adding conditions to butress your weak point. An atheist with any special source of influence wether wealth or power, in this nigeria will be a target for ridicule and be ostracized.

Name one atheist that is rich and that has been ridiculed

If u are a christain and u stop going to church, you are calling for an intervention from family and friends, talk less of claiming there is no God. All the believers will take your soul as a personal objective.

What has this got to do with the conversation? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
darkchild64:

okay pls do
l will let you be, your personal miserable sad life is of no interest to me. Enjoy your misery.

***Ignoremodeactivated***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by daryoor(m): 12:59am On Jun 14, 2018
hahn:

The stories of the apostles in the bible are still being debated over their authenticity and honestly the characters in the bible are mostly fictional. That said, the authenticity of even their existence is not even sure and thus it puts their whole story of persecution under suspicion.

The stories were probably formulated to invoke sympathy

Name one atheist that is rich and that has been ridiculed

What has this got to do with the conversation? undecided
Read what i wrote again, if u still dont understand, give someone else to read it for u

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 5:04am On Jun 14, 2018
Anas09:

l will let you be, your personal miserable sad life is of no interest to me. Enjoy your misery.

I smell a copout being used to save face wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 14, 2018
Anas09:

fine since that is this case please make sure u never ever mention me again in ur post

there is nothing someone will not see on nairaland
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by festwiz(m): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2018
Like I said @darkchild64, devoid of all reasoning. grin

#peace
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by Anas09: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I smell a copout being used to save face wink
Lol, save face? You make me laf. You always want to win in an argument, i just gave you what you want, to win. I'm not interested in winning an argument with you, that's for the proud. I'm bigger than that.

Enjoy your day.
Re: Why Do People Hate Atheists by hahn(m): 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
daryoor:

Read what i wrote again, if u still dont understand, give someone else to read it for u

Fvck off with your pseudo intelligence please

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Member Of The Apostolic Church / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: God’s Word Is The Evidence / What Is Being A "Free Thinker?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.