Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? (17592 Views)

Why Are RCCG Pastors Solely Yorubas ? / Rccg Pastors I Know Hiding Under Religion / Why Do Many Pastors Have Rings On Both Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by otokx(m): 11:29am On Jun 03, 2010
PM News are not to be quoted.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by oisehumen(m): 11:45am On Jun 03, 2010
There is no truth is this story which was written in the comfort of this reporter's bedroom.
Am a worker with RCCG and i can confirm that Pastor Adeboye never mentioned a thing like of late. I was at the last worker's meeting at the camp, nothing of such was mentioned.

PM News indeed!
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by monosetale: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2010
i think my pastor made the decision as he was given by God you guy's talking about Christ embassy and house hold of God wearing g-strings to church can wear whatever you like, i think we imitate the Americans too much you can even wear boxers and pierce you tongues if you like it was high time they stopped wearing minis' and hair dyes to church.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by DrKnow1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Do this hypocrites realise that God  created humans unclothed? It cannot be a sin to dress the way you like as long you feel confortable and modest. If you are are living in a temperate region, your mode of dressing is determined  by the prevailing weather  condition and not by any religious beliefs. These pastors should be more concerned about the immorality that exists within their own circle. What have they done about their own promiscuity and fornications? What have they done about the corrupt politicians and leaders that grace the front rows of their churches every sunday? What have they done about using the money that is supposed to be given to charities to buy private jets?What have they done about their likes using the church money to buy Armani suits andcrocodile shoes? Shior bloody hypocrites
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by firebrand: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
@dallasbeau,
I love your contribution to this tread but  I am afraid you are still one of the so called born-again xtian that find it so difficult to draw a clear line between belial and Christ.
Christ would not have dressed adorning himself with gold, and even encourage the women fold to dress loosely as we have them today.

The word of God must not be preached in part but in whole. The word of God forbids wearing of jewels, and so it is now left for me and you  to be the doer of the word and not hearer only. This does not bring bondage to the believer but liberty in the things of God.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by coschuks(m): 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
RCCG, NA now Una SEE the chapter and verse for Bible!. grin grin shocked
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by MsTom(f): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2010
Oba234:

are trousers the only thing that can make somebody says hmmmmn sexxxy? I have come to the conclusion, that many men are dogs. You can be covered up and some of this men will still try to holler. Anyway sha, I don't believe this story. Good luck to Adeboye enforcing that in the USA because I can say now that it ain't going to work. Maybe in Nigeria, but in the USA. Church service longer than 2 hrs make people walk out talkless of some ridiculous list that bars women from gold, trousers,and dying hair, thats the majority of the women population in redeemed USA. It's only Nigerian churches were there is a debate about nonsense like this.

You got it all out of my mouth. Most men are attracted to decent looking women and not necessarily those in mini skirts or pants. I have heard men say that they feel sexually intimidated when a woman is all dressed up and covered. And hence feel the need to "get under their skirt". Wearing godly looking dresses does not mean that person is righteous. Some are doing that under a pretense to attract un suspecting men to marriage. Quick question for the men. Havent you been attracted to a woman who wore just plain traditional wear-like iro and buba? Afterall, they are all covered up. All I believe in is, as a christian, be moderate in all you do and wear, be it pants or skirts, jewelries or whatever.

PS: As per the dress code, I think it can only apply to members and not all worshippers
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by Oba234: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
Dr Know:

Do this hypocrites realised that God  created humans unclothed? It cannot be a sin to dress the way you like as long you feel confortable and modest. If you are are living in a temperate region, your mode of dressing is determined by the prevailing weather  condition and not by any religious beliefs. These pastors should be more concerned about the immorality that exists within their own circle. What have they done about their own promiscuity and fornications? What have they done about the corrupt politicians and leaders that grace the front rows of their churches every sunday? What have they done about using the money that is supposed to be given to charities to buy private jets?What have they done about their likes using the church money to buy Armani suits andcrocodile shoes? Shior bloody hypocrites

you hit the nail on the head. Dressing is more determined by temperature. It's only recently that all this holy than thou Africans are shouting "cover your body". Throughout history Africans were not covered from head to toe. Most of our traditional dressing are not the most conservative clothes. if you look at Igbo or Bini people traditional dressing, it's not conservative at all. The reason is that Africans live in a hot weather, and one of the way that humans adapt to their environment is through clothing.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by dallasbeau(f): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2010
firebrand:

@dallasbeau,
I love your contribution to this tread but  [b]I am afraid you are still one of the so called born-again xtian that find it so difficult to draw a clear line between belial and Christ.[/b]Christ would not have dressed adorning himself with gold, and even encourage the women fold to dress loosely as we have them today.

The word of God must not be preached in part but in whole. The word of God forbids wearing of jewels, and so it is now left for me and you  to be the doer of the word and not hearer only. This does not bring bondage to the believer but liberty in the things of God.

[/color][color=#770077]Firebrand, I was highly irritated by your comment, but the more I thought about it, my irritation melted into pity. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away and all things are new." That is a very strong line between Christ and Belial, or are you not aware that it is impossible to serve 2 masters? That a Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand? Tell me where in the Bible does it say one should not wear Jewelry? I am almost sure you will quote 1 Peter 3:3-4. News Flash: "It says let not your adornment be MERELY outward." My final word to you is from Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
"
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by jossyr(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
I am a minister in RCCG, we are not restricting dress code in the church premises only but every where.is it not bad how some ladies dress to church;thight trousers and open shirts reveiling their brests.are we going to church to serve GOD or the devil.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by Oba234: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
dallasbeau:

[/color][color=#770077]Firebrand, I was highly irritated by your comment, but the more I thought about it, my irritation melted into pity. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away and all things are new." That is a very strong line between Christ and Belial, or are you not aware that it is impossible to serve 2 masters? That a Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand? Tell me where in the Bible does it say one should not wear Jewelry? I am almost sure you will quote 1 Peter 3:3-4. News Flash: "It says let not your adornment be MERELY outward." My final word to you is from Proverbs 4:7 "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
"

some people always quote that verse to support their belief about jewelry, but ignore that it also say don't braid hair and wearing fine apparel. How many of them don't wear fine apparel? how many of them don't braid their hair to look good? How many of them walk around look like homeless people?
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by JeSoul(f): 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2010
jossy r:

I am a minister in RCCG, we are not restricting dress code in the church premises only but every where.is it not bad how some ladies dress to church;thight trousers and open shirts reveiling their brests.are we going to church to serve GOD or the devil.
How can we confirm this?
So you're saying its true? other ppl claiming to be from RCCG have said its not true.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by dbigrod(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
mmmm
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by oyinda3(f): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
so ridiculous!! this is 2010 for christ sake. and i'm sure the "code" will be 99% applied to just women.
we might as well start wearing burqa to church.

[img]http://losthunderlads.files./2009/06/img_0056-705316.jpg[/img]
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by oyinda3(f): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
how come only things that women do are banned? angry
why didn't the GO encourage women to report male harassers? so the men can be punished or kicked out of the church?
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by wazobiang: 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
if a lady's dressing shows all those contours of her body, my thing gets up kwam! it is my fault that i am tempted. i know. i am sorry. God please forgive me.

If the ladies wear 'normal' dresses to church, a lot of this kind of havoc will reduce.

Amen
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by oyinda3(f): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
wazobia-ng:

if a lady's dressing shows all those contours of her body, my thing gets up kwam! it is my fault that i am tempted. i know. i am sorry. God please forgive me.

If the ladies wear 'normal' dresses to church, a lot of this kind of havoc will reduce.

Amen

that's what you think.
the idea of "normal" is very subjective.
ex. in US, every woman wears pants and sleeveless shirts. nothing seductive about it because it's the "normal dressing" but in Iraq or Yemen, trousers and sleeveless shirts will be seductive to the men who are used to seeing burqa as being normal.

so my point is, if women start wearing "normal" clothes to church, it means they are unnecessarily dressing for men not for themselves and that to me is sexist. men are controlling how they dress. iraq is an example of this!! imagine wearing burqa in 90 degrees heat because men don't have self control. why do women have to suffer to make life easier for men?
are men told to give away all their riches because women are attracted to rich men?
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by tubabie(f): 4:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
jossy r:

We all know what is morally right by our consciences but what I would like clarified at this stage is this: Has there been a circular passed round by the General Overseer in recent times like the PM news is claiming?
'Cos as at April this was still the state of dressing of the workers in the UK and the GO was present at the meeting. See below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX0dcEMOXYw
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by DrKnow1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
@wazobia-ng
What is wrong with thing getting warm up? That is quite natural.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by oge4real(f): 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2010
Washing the outside of the cup and leaving the inside to rot!
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by Rastamann: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
Good one! At least it will save some of us as well as the pastors from being distracted during church service.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by Nostradamu(m): 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ leonidis,
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by bawomolo(m): 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
oyinda.:

how come only things that women do are banned? angry
why didn't the GO encourage women to report male harassers? so the men can be punished or kicked out of the church?

you women are daughters of jerzebel. your job is to seduce us.
we men can't help it cool
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by Nostradamu(m): 7:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
@leonidis, i dunno who u r, BUT MEN u are definitely asking a very legit question, at times i wonder if i'd read sensible/intellectually objective posts,but u've answered my question/removed the ?mark in my head! nice one leonidis wink, ! (i'm talkin bout the point u made bout hypocrisy on the part of the nu idea of RCCG, )
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2010
This is ridiculous!

What the heck, Are the pastors trying to avoid falling into temptatipon because of their gullible sexual urges?

Cause I don't understand what business the church has with the clothing of its congregation.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by dipo2much(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous!

What the heck, Are the pastors trying to avoid falling into temptatipon because of their gullible sexual urges?

Cause I don't understand what business the church has with the clothing of its congregation.

its an untrue report. Some guy just try to sell more papers
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by twinkle87(f): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2010
I understand that Daddy GO is trying to cleanse the church, starting from its workers, but what i think all christians need is an inward cleansing,
its not by what u wear to church, what about what is ur your heart and what u do in ur homes.
i know of a couple in redeemed, workers for that matter, had a child outside wedlock, like that wasnt enof, the girl moved into the guys house without any matrimonial proceedings(church, traditional, court) and what do u say to that? not like they do not know the gospel, they are workers,
only got married some months back,
Christianity is more of an inner soul thing, if u are born again, ur convictions wont let u wear certain things to church, u dont even need to be told not to, the Spirit of God would not allow u think of it.
, i think what is needed is a total rededication to God!
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by Bidemi1997(f): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2010
I understand that Daddy GO is trying to cleanse the church, starting from its workers, but what i think all christians need is an inward cleansing,
its not by what u wear to church, what about what is your your heart and what u do in your homes.
i know of a couple in redeemed, workers for that matter, had a child outside wedlock, like that wasnt enof, the girl moved into the guys house without any matrimonial proceedings(church, traditional, court) and what do u say to that? not like they do not know the gospel, they are workers,
only got married some months back,
Christianity is more of an inner soul thing, if u are born again, your convictions wont let u wear certain things to church, u dont even need to be told not to, the Spirit of God would not allow u think of it.
, i think what is needed is a total rededication to God!

I second that motion my sister. God bless you for your contribution.
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by PrinceBYC: 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2010
Men look at outward appearance, but God looks at the heart,

Bible is not against dressing nice/looking good, but advices that our beauty shd be more of inward(in terms of xter) rather then spendinng our fortune trying to beatify mortal/perishable body.

be that as it may, Christains must dress modestly to church and not like one going to a club house. Wearing trousers, braiding hais, wearing gold erring IS NOT A SIN!!!!

99.99% this policy are targeterd at women! sad

"God created heaven and earth, animals trees etc, he rested:
God created MAN ,,,,,he rested,
But, since the day God created WOMAN, , neither God nor man rested,
grin grin
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by idifu(m): 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
dont judge a book by its cover but by the content ,religion is a thing of d heart, and not what u wear
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by idifu(m): 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2010
av neva like dat man Adeboye eva since he supported obasanjo,osoba,gbenga daniel,fashola,obanikoro e.t.c
lot of politicians to go his place for blessings to steal Nigeria's money b4 election
Re: RCCG Pastors Have Started Implementing The Dress Code? by lastpage: 1:09am On Jun 04, 2010
What is "indecent" IS INDECENT!
Question then is "how do we define what is indecent"
Like others have observed, it could depend on the environment you find yourself (try and tell a lady in a cold place like Russia to wear a 'decent' skirt in winter! grin ). It could also depend on the weather, culture/tradition (dont the Scottish MEN traditional wear skirts? In Nigeria, you will be probably be called a Queer if a man wears skirt in daylight! wink )

Generally, l will be happy if we can reach a common ground while taking the sensibilities of others into consideration (Your right ends were the rights of others begin)
Again, may we be reminded that even Christ himself wore something "beautiful", not rags, as his garment was "fought over", even by his captors!

Again, God said he looks at "the heart of man" while man looks at the outside: This tells us that what we "do" is more important to God than what we wear!
By the way, a good Christian (or person) would avoid dressing in a way that would make another person to "fall into sin (like a brother who develops a huge 'hard-on' when he sees sisters G-Strings peeping out of her backside, from the "low-waist, tight-pants" she wore to church).

If we put all these into perspective, l can only reasonably conclude that:
We should be able to wear ANYTHING as long as we can ensure that we dress in a moderate and not too provocative way! No exposing of boobs, backside or pant-line or the curves of the backside.
For men, no wearing of skimpy tops to show your muscles (or dont you know that women to get excited like men?), no baring of chest hairs or excessively tight trousers that show "your bulgy snake" grin

Laws on dressing need not be forced on anyone, we should just decide ourselves to dress in a manner that shows respect for ourselves, our fellows and God.
Infact, there are far more important anomalies in our lives that "dressing ranks very low amongst our problems.

BTW: Getting aroused in first in the mind, it is secondary about what you see with your eyes since just mere thought and forming of a virtual image can even arouse stronger otherwise, how come you bathe your daughter (if you're a man) or your son (if you're a woman) and you dont get aroused?
Again, l ask: how come a woman get aroused when a man plays or sucks her breast wink wink but never gets aroused when their male child does the same thing? ITS ALL IN THE MIND.
***Walahi, l have never put that any booby in my mouth since my Mum weaned me off breast-feeding!***

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / Plateau Killings: Pastor And His Wife Cry As His Church Was Burned Down / Abia: Police To Arraign Man Refusing To Pray, Disrupting Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.