Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 (6752 Views)

Thread For Automotive Technician With Advanced Or No Scope Diagnosis Skill / Automotive Electrical Electronics Systems And Diagnostics Technician Training / American Automotive Technician Training Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by wickyyolo: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
How much I the training ? I'm interested
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
wickyyolo:
How much I the training ? I'm interested

Class and Workshop Practice 100,000.00
24/7 elearning learn from anywhere 100,000.00

Total 200,000.00
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2018
Certification Exam fees 25,000 Naira
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by olumide4christ: 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2018
From the above, the total cost of training and certification is N225,000.

This is really a nice innovation if the training will be truly comprehensive. I would have been interested if car repairs were my interest.

Keep it up sir...wishing you all the best!
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
olumide4christ:
From the above, the total cost of training and certification is N225,000.

This is really a nice innovation if the training will be truly comprehensive. I would have been interested if car repairs were my interest.

Keep it up sir...wishing you all the best!
Recommend it to someone who might be.

NATEF recommends we spend 540 hours to deliver the course. 60 percent of that time to practicals, 40 percent to theory/classroom time.

Our students will receive a task sheet listing all they are going to cover.

No one else does that in Nigeria at the moment.

So you can grade us.

Thanks for your kind words.
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by olumide4christ: 7:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Recommend it to someone who might be.

NATEF recommends we spend 540 hours to deliver the course. 60 percent of that time to practicals, 40 percent to theory/classroom time.

Our students will receive a task sheet listing all they are going to cover.

No one else does that in Nigeria at the moment.

So you can grade us.

Thanks for your kind words.

Okay...will recommend to others. Thanks.
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by pacino26(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2018
Course duration?

Nice one. I hope it ends up to be as detailed as advertised. You should be able to categorize your prospective students. I see a lot of literacy this and that which I believe you ought to eliminate for graduates who would want to participate.

Pitching in for a friend.
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 9:29am On Jun 18, 2018
pacino26:
Course duration?

Nice one. I hope it ends up to be as detailed as advertised. You should be able to categorize your prospective students. I see a lot of literacy this and that which I believe you ought to eliminate for graduates who would want to participate.

Pitching in for a friend.

6 months

Be good in the theory and practical...that's our advantage

Students had better be literate

Able to read and write

Able to use a computer and the internet

Able to think critically

Willing and capable of questioning why things should be done on way and not the other

1 Like

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2018
pacino26:
Course duration?

6 months
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by OmerianConsult: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2018
When are you coming to Lagos?
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2018
OmerianConsult:
When are you coming to Lagos?

Can we talk about this in confidence? I just sent you a PM?
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2018
U.S. Department of Labor statistics (see picture)

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
Why Amazon Hired a Car Mechanic to Run Its Cloud Empire

Interesting read:https://www.wired.com/2013/02/james-hamilton-amazon/
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2018
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
1. ENGINE REPAIR (ER) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Engine Diagnosis; Removal and Reinstallation (R&R)
B. Cylinder Head and Valve Train Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
C. Engine Block Assembly Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Lubrication and Cooling Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)

In this track, our students will learn a total of 51 tasks, I have highlighted the first 5 tasks from Section A and the first 5 tasks from Section D

Our students will receive the entire list

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
2. AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND TRANSAXLE (AT) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Transmission and Transaxle Diagnosis
B. In-Vehicle Transmission and Transaxle Maintenance and Repair
C. Off-Vehicle Transmission and Transaxle Repair

In this track, our students will learn a total of 39 tasks, I have highlighted some from from Section A and from Section C.

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
3. MANUAL DRIVE TRAIN AND AXLES (MD) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Drive Train Diagnosis
B. Clutch Diagnosis and Repair
C. Transmission and Transaxle Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Drive Shaft and Half Shaft, Universal and Constant Velocity (CV) Joint Diagnosis and Repair(D&R) [Front, Rear, All-wheel, Four-wheel Drive)
E. Drive Axle Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
F. Four-wheel Drive/All-Wheel Drive Component Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)

In this track, our students will learn a total of 40 tasks, I have highlighted the some from from Section A and from Section F.

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
4. SUSPENSION AND STEERING (SS) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Suspension and Steering Systems
B. Steering Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
C. Suspension Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Related Suspension and Steering Service
E. Wheel Alignment Diagnosis, Adjustment, and Repair
F. Wheels and Tires Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)

In this track, our students will learn a total of 57 tasks, I have highlighted some from Section A and from Section F

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
5. BRAKES (BR) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Brake Systems Diagnosis
B. Hydraulic System Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
C. Drum Brake Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Disc Brake Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
E. Power-Assist Units Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
F. Related Systems (ie Wheel Bearings, Parking Brakes, Electrical)
G. Electronic Brake Control Systems: Antilock Brake (ABS), Traction Control (TCS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)

In this track, our students will learn a total of 56 tasks, I have highlighted the first 5 tasks from Section A and from Section G

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
6. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS (EE) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Electrical Systems Diagnosis
B. Battery Diagnosis and Service
C. Starting System Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Charging System Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
E. Lighting Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
F. Instrument Cluster and Driver Information Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
G. Body Electrical Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)

In this track, our students will learn a total of 50 tasks, I have highlighted the first 5 tasks from Section A and from Section G.

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
7. HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) (AC) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: A/C System Diagnosis and Repair
B. Refrigeration System Component Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
C. Heating, Ventilation, and Engine Cooling Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Operating Systems and Related Controls Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
E. Refrigerant Recovery, Recycling, and Handling

In this track, our students will learn a total of 73 tasks, I have highlighted the first 5 tasks from Section A and the first 5 tasks from Section E

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
8. ENGINE PERFORMANCE (EP) CURRICULUM IN BRIEF

A. General: Engine Diagnosis
B. Computerized Controls Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
C. Ignition System Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
D. Fuel, Air Induction, and Exhaust Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)
E. Emissions Control Systems Diagnosis and Repair(D&R)

In this track, our students will learn a total of 43 tasks, I have highlighted the first 5 tasks from Section A and the first 5 tasks from Section E.

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 9:21am On Jun 24, 2018
Might this offer interest you, or do you know someone who might be interested?

Mojibola
Vicben
realGURU
Joshcoli
omega2128
phibetakappa
Shumuel
JesusCrew
uvalued
Kedra

critic007
castro
arcbaba
Andy790
abussyaya
consultancy
kjnwancaro
elbukaze

We met here https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions/1#54533237

But see also http://nairaland.com/4579327/american-automotive-technician-training-live
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 5:02am On Jun 25, 2018
Even Toyota supports the best possible training an automotive technician can have in this world

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 5:05am On Jun 25, 2018
Even Toyota supports the best possible training an automotive technician can have in this world:

In Toyota's words, Toyota, and the auto industry, considers ASE to be the "Gold Standard" for "independent" certification of service technician's skills and knowledge

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 7:11am On Jun 29, 2018
America pays attention to skills in much the way as Nigerians have chosen to pay attention to paper certifications.

SkillsUSA held its 54th annual National Leadership And Skills Conference from June 26.

The competition held on June 27 and 28.

The program would be closing today.

A total of 102 practical skills would be tested in the competition including automotive related skills.

More details here https://www.skillsusa.org/events-training/national-leadership-and-skills-conference/

According to Tomorrow's Technician:

"The SkillsUSA Championships is the nation’s largest workforce development event for middle-school, high-school and college/postsecondary students enrolled in public career and technical education programs."

Will Nigeria/Nigerians ever realize the importance of skills (automotive or otherwise) in today's world?
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 12:39am On Jul 02, 2018
Car manufacturers are also into the business of creating, updating, revising and selling information.

Gone are the days when a single PDF document had all the information one needed to fix a car.

Nowadays, lots of separate PDF documents containing hyperlinks forming a maze of cross-referenced documents form what may be termed the factory service manual for a modern vehicle.

The documentation is so extensive that the vehicle manufacturers have had to resort to technologies such as the below ( see attached picture)

So if you are hunting for factory service manuals online...you are certainly missing out on a lot of information and a lot of interactivity.

Single PDF documents have limitations, but when hyperlinked and interconnected and with the help of the technology highlighted by the technology in the picture below....there are no more limitations!

Points to Ponder! Why would a car manufacturer employ/deploy Big Data to deliver service information?

If your automotive technician is not computer literate and internet savvy, you are on a long thing!

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
“There is a huge need for qualified technicians in this industry, especially with the average age of technicians being between 50 to 55,” says Richard Perry, OEM and strategic account sales manager for Chief. “It won’t be long before that generation of technicians will start retiring or rotating out, which will leave a void. This competition is mutually beneficial for employers and future technicians. It definitely gives the students more opportunity to showcase their skills in hopes of potentially landing jobs available across the country.”

Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 12:18am On Jul 08, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Class and Workshop Practice 100,000.00
24/7 elearning learn from anywhere 100,000.00

Total 200,000.00

Due to popular request, we now have a N50,000.00 location-independent package available
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by dhemmyhardy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Due to popular request, we now have a N50,000.00 location-independent package available

Good day,

Can you please expatiate more on the 50k location- independent package

Dhemmyhardy
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
dhemmyhardy:

Good day,

Dhemmyhardy

I will..easier to type on a laptop than a phone...a bit later please
Re: American Automotive Technician Training Live In Abuja From July 1, 2018 by AutoElectNG: 11:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
dhemmyhardy:

Good day,

Dhemmyhardy

Location-independent is the same thing as elearning, just a different spin.

I will answer your question with 11 posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car Battery Or Alternator: Which One Is The Culprit Behind A Dead Car? / Survey:5 Most Common Faults That Appear In New Cars Within The First 3 Years / 4 Signs Of A Faulty Speedometer Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.