Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened (7296 Views)

I Now See More People Ricing Up Cars In Nigeria / I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Ford And Toyota Hiace Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ford E450 7.3liter diesel powered 2003 model.

Problems : loss of power.

Initial scan threw

P1280 Injector control pressure out of range low
P0113 IAT intake air Temp sensor circuit High input
P1670 Electronic Feedback signal not detected
P1211 Injector control Pressure above/below
desired

All codes point to a faulty fuel pump/a dirty pickup screen/filter.

Bringing down the fuel tank required using a transmission jack to gently drop tank, and a a drain of over 100liters of diesel.

Will continue..

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
Fuel Tank down, sender removed and we noticed it has had previous form of work done on it.

Located fuel pump and realised it's not the stock type.

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Ford E450 7.3liter diesel powered 2003 model.

Problems : loss of power.

Initial scan threw

P1280 Injector control pressure out of range low
P0113 IAT intake air Temp sensor circuit High input
P1670 Electronic Feedback signal not detected
P1211 Injector control Pressure above/below
desired

All codes point to a faulty fuel pump/a dirty pickup screen/filter.

Bringing down the fuel tank required using a transmission jack to gently drop tank, and a a drain of over 100liters of diesel.

Will continue..

4 brands, honda/acura, Toyota/lexus, Kia/Hyundai, FORD (09-date) 08033910382

I don't understand this transmission transition

9 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
at this point, I assuming this will be a quick, in my mind, wash tank, go to ojuelegba, buy parts install and vehicle should be out same day, But alas my village people had other plans.

To avoid traffic/where to park took an uber straight to ojuelgba.

Shop 1 I showed them pics is they had the sender and fuel pump........ Unavailable

Shop 2..... Unavailable

Shop 3, 4,5,6......unavailable.

Ok I resorted to baranda moves, called one of them, he quoted 45k for sender and 50k for pump (new parts I said no problem, go bring am, I de here grin

30mins later baranda called and said, Oga, I get the one wey go work am grin I said no worry just come back sad

So I concluded new and used fuel pump and sender were unavailable in ojuelegba.

Day 1 gone.

next day went shopping online, found all the parts, placed an order, all parts plus shipping were over 700dollars.

Called owner for approval, he gave consent in his words, "let's go for it"

in the mean time, vehicle is required for some small trips and parts will not arrive till end of the month, so I had to improvise on the existing structure on the fuel lines.

So I in-cooperated an internal screen filter from an old but clean pump assy, and replaced the fuel pump (toks)

Dusted off my old fuel pressure Gauge and connected it to the pipe work when the engine was running.

Readings looked good, 55-60psi engine was running fine. Took it for a test drive.

Cleared all codes, and only P0113 left (I'll find you later)

Hit the road and 10km later, vehicle started loosing power, re-scanned and p1280 was back. shocked sad

Drove back slowly.

spent the night reading and watching YouTube videos, and then I saw a guy complain about the walls of the tank waring out and clogging the screen filter shocked shocked

Placed order for fuel tank, over 1000dolars without shipping. Work stopped first grin

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

4 brands, honda/acura, Toyota/lexus, Kia/Hyundai, FORD (09-date) 08033910382

I don't understand this transmission transition

meaning.

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by AutoElectNG: 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
at this point, I assuming this will be a quick, in my mind, wash tank, go to ojuelegba, buy parts install and vehicle should be out same day, But alas my village people had other plans.

Shop 1 I showed them pics is they had the sender and fuel pump........ Unavailable

Shop 2..... Unavailable

Ok I resorted to baranda moves, called one of them, he quoted 45k for sender and 50k for pump (new parts I said no problem, go bring am, I de here grin

30mins later baranda called and said, Oga, I get the one wey go work am grin I said no worry just come back sad

Day 1 gone.

next day went shopping online, found all the parts, placed an order, all parts plus shipping were over 700dollars.

in the mean time, vehicle is required for some small trips and parts will not arrive till end of the month, so I had to improvise on the existing structure on the fuel lines.

So I in-cooperated an internal screen filter from an old but clean pump assy, and replaced the fuel pump (toks)

Dusted off my old fuel pressure Gauge and connected it to the pipe work when the engine was running.

Readings looked good, 55-60psi engine was running fine. Took it for a test drive.

Hit the road and 10km later, vehicle started loosing power, re-scanned and p1280 was back. shocked sad

Drove back slowly.

spent the night reading and watching YouTube videos, and then I saw a guy complain about the walls of the tank waring out and clogging the screen filter shocked shocked

Placed order for fuel tank, over 1000dolars without shipping. Work stopped first grin

All the traits required of tomorrow's automotive technician demonstrated in the above post....kudos

https://www.nairaland.com/4560475/american-automotive-technician-training-live

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Ishilove: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Shop 2..... Unavailable

Day 1 gone.

Drove back slowly.

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
Make i put chair for here to watch this movie. grin
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by kingreign(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Babe awfa na?

You no get time for me again you Don divorce me? embarassed
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Ishilove: 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
kingreign:

Babe awfa na?

You no get time for me again you Don divorce me? embarassed
I should be asking you. You don't even know if I exist anymore sad
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by kingreign(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ishilove:

I should be asking you. You don't even know if I exist anymore sad
Sweetie, I'm sorry been busy lately shuttling between UBY ABV CRS plus the project is really taking it's toll on me.
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Ishilove: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
kingreign:

Sweetie, I'm sorry been busy lately shuttling between UBY ABV CRS plus the project is really taking it's toll on me.
Na lie! Stop making excuses. You're cheating on me cry

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
two of you, go find room angry

11 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by kingreign(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Na lie! Stop making excuses. You're cheating on me cry

I'm not trust me dear
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Ishilove: 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2018
kingreign:

I'm not trust me dear
Okay kiss

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Ishilove: 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
two of you, go find room angry
Come and force us out. tongue

Infact let me arrange bed and settle in your thread with kingreign my lover grin

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Waju83(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2018
You are so good at your job sha!!
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ishilove:

Come and force us out. tongue

Infact let me arrange bed and settle in your thread with kingreign my lover grin

With China poplin bedsheets and flannel nightgown kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Shop 2..... Unavailable

Day 1 gone.

Drove back slowly.

Let me just drop this here

Diportivo Abeg epp me with fainting meme

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Ishilove: 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
oyb:

With China poplin bedsheets and flannel nightgown kiss kiss
That level wink
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Gboliwe: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

I did exact calculations before I saw your comment. My jaw is still hanging
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

We never add Labour and other admin and Co fees,
Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by surrogatesng: 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
Ford! hmmmm.With what i have just read on this thread.I will never go near that Brand.

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
surrogatesng:
Ford! hmmmm.With what i have just read on this thread.I will never go near that car.

calm down its not that bad, just learn to ship parts in.

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

We never add Labour and other admin and Co fees,

Uncle you want to charge uncle labour fees? Uncle will remind you of how when you were in bauchi he was sending you pocket money oo shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

Uncle you want to charge uncle labour fees? Uncle will remind you of how when you were in bauchi he was sending you pocket money oo shocked shocked

nah true o! angry we will wrap it inside parts and logistics grin

9 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
surrogatesng:
Ford! hmmmm.With what i have just read on this thread.I will never go near that Brand.

Asin enh!!! to make the matter worse.. Na diesel Ford!! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

Asin enh!!! to make the matter worse.. Na diesel Ford!! grin grin

Stop discouraging me cry

2 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by diportivo: 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2018
better late than ever grin

3 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by thebigkendo(m): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

nah true o! angry we will wrap it inside parts and logistics grin

Hmmm when price reach 800k, the matter go end for family village meeting.

But seriously wetin uncle dey use 7.3liter diesel engine do? This motor go get ungodly amount of torque

5 Likes

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by diportivo: 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
thebigkendo:

Hmmm when price reach 800k, the matter go end for family village meeting.

But seriously wetin uncle dey use 7.3liter diesel engine do? This motor go get ungodly amount of torque

it's as big as coaster

na school bus grin

1 Like

Re: Uncle Heard I Now Fix Ford And This Happened by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
diportivo:
better late than ever grin
Welcome sah! Dusts chair....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facts About Jaguar Car / 12 Of The Best Safety Features Introduced In Cars Throughout The Years / Signs Your Hybrid Battery Is Failing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.