Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding (60607 Views)

Who Is Tracy? Pregnant Woman Quizzes Her Husband Who Insists He Is Not Cheating / Foreigner Flies To Nigeria To Wed His Lover At Ikoyi Registry (video) / Don’t Trust Any Of This Girls On The Street...they All Coded Olosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:
BUT why are u pple so evil?

Why do u always think like zombies?

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

I wonder too.
Where do u want her to start from?

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.

Tell me something.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:
People go into marriage thinking it won't last. Marriage built on foundation of sand of distrust and mutual suspicion. Na by force to marry if you already from inception thinking it is not going to work? Devil has indeed taken over the hearts of people and enslaved them with his reign of fear.

Stop dreaming. Divorce is real. You have to plan for it, just in case.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2018
Jethrolite:
Are there no prenuptial agreements in Nigeria? I see the church wedding as a waste of time and will only do registry and traditional marriages.

Waste of time and money.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2018
Waffarianman:

Bro no b off light mata, na realm mata. Abeg no do Court marriage wit any waffy babe o abeg.

Mak I crash as you talk. Lol
if i try am naim be say my crase done dey enter gear 4 lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Cuteamigo1(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2018
pocohantas:

I will rather shoot myself in the head than do this grin
Not with all I read these days, not with threads like this cheesy. I owe myself and my kids a good life. I will work for that life.
thats exactly what i want to hear and if i were married to you i would do everything humanly possible to make sure you achieve that. i dont like lazy women who only look up to men for their happiness and financial security. thumbs up.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 17, 2018
igbodefender:
Dem hold you make e no off light? grin
if i off light things go happen here oo ...and i no trust you with this your strong eye make one babe no go lost him virginity
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2018
OMEGA009:
Who goes into a marriage with an option of divorce on their mind? Ever heard of the words “For Better or Worse”?

These NL children wee not kee me. If you don’t have the balls to go the whole 9 yards, go to Shoprite and buy a carton of Vaseline.

We’ve not gotten over our loss to Croatia and one broke nigguh is shouting “avoid court registry if you want to keep ya property”. Mtcheeew.

P.S: pls remember....

Alice in wonderland. After marriage, anything can happen. You have to have contingency plan, just in case. For better or worse sounds great but we all know it is recited just to fulfil all righteousness.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2018
Chi59:
All the more reasons to do a registry marriage.

Exactly.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2018
jaksmillioniar:
God bless u dear most wish to theif our property cos of marrage some born a child not for u but claim is urs. d best marrage is traditional cos if she cheat she bring pains and shame to her family and in some place is abomination she die

That's my stand. But why do corporations like banks not accept traditional marriage? Where I work it is recognize but I heard banks don't. Have you got any info on that?
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 10:45am On Jun 17, 2018
Owamudia:

But if it's based on infidelity, nothing for the woman. I hope you know that.

If it's based on infidelity, the woman can leave with nothing but the man must also be without the sin of infidelity.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Revolva(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2018
dont trust any woman generally

https://mobile.facebook.com/naijaolosho/
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2018
haslaw:

This shows you got married to him for the money.

If a man divorces a woman without concrete reasons, then he married her because of her body.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2018
freshkpomo:
marriage has turned to and investment bah?lord save us from parasites!!

The lord will first save us from use and discard parasites.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mistyebby(f): 10:49am On Jun 17, 2018
Masterppower:
Court marriage is indeed a terrible disaster in the waiting....

While the original intent was good, bad and evil women/girls have exploited it for their personal aggrandizement.....

Guys, I second the ops opinion...

Girls, women all the time. Guys are the real golddiggers now. I know about 3guys who hurriedly sealed court wedding with women for their own is selfish interest.

As we speak, these men are yet to bring a cup of palmwine to their in-laws, talk of church wedding. Of course they have had children.

Just yesterday, my friend's boyfriend who has been milking her just suggested same court wedding. Who is the golddigger here??

A woman has "EVERYTHING" to lose from a relationship built on lies and falsehood regardless of who lied or was deceitful.. everything!!! While a man has " NOTHING " to lose.

May God always keep us away from deceitful and deceptive human beings through our life sojourn.. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 10:49am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

Marry a lady that has her own properties so she won't say you wasted her life.
You've your own properties ,I've mine.

we're both rich so there's no need requesting for any property.

If you can't do that I'll advice you not to attempt registry marriage.

Does this apply to the vast majority of us who are not rich and have next to nothing? More than 80% of Nigerians are poor.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 17, 2018
One does not need the Registry Laws to compel one to share the properties with a spouse if divorce becomes an option. Anyone who ascribes to marriage automatically ascribes to fair sharing of assets in the event of divorce.

If one is selfish enough not to share the assets when divorce becomes a healthy option, then there is no point ascribing to marriage.

It is naturally not mandatory to be married.

No one is forced at gun point to be married.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Enice(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2018
ajiboye68:
I have been following this topic with keen interest, and I would like to ask some questions based on my present condition.. I am about to get married/nikkah next month, and I intend going for my masters overseas which means I will need a marriage certificate for my family cuz I see myself jetting out to another country for PhD also and would like to take my family along.. We both agreed with my wife - to-be to have a marriage certificate which will be produced by a court.. My questions are as follows

Does the certificate exempt me from marrying a second wife even in twenty years time, please I never said I am definitely taking a new wife, I just need to be sure of what I am about to do..

Does the certificate from the court also means in case of divorce although I never see it coming, we will have to share the property.

Is that marriage certificate the same as that of registry.

Thanks in anticipation of your answers
all marriage certificates (registry, church/english, customary/native, muslim, etc) are the same in Nigeria. The difference is under what law (common law, sharia law, or native law) are you getting married? Under common law (church and english), you are entitled to one wife at a time. Under sharia law (muslim), you are entitled to as many wives as sharia law permits and under native law, you are entitled to what your custom or culture permits. In the case of divorce, you will be judged according to the law you married under. The most important thing is the government recognised official that officiates/signs off the proceedings of the marriage certificate. For church the priest, for english the marriage registrar or any justice of peace, for muslim the imam or whoever according to sharia law, and for native the recognised person according to your native law,
note: the law you marry under will be the law that will guide your marriage and divorce.

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 11:17am On Jun 17, 2018
Ellabae:
Sincerely Court marriage is not my thing. Since I know I'm going nowhere. I have to trust my man enough. And I don't need to be so interested in my husband's properties. I jst need to make myself financially stable.

You better open your eyes. Anything can happen after marriage. Nobody is perfect. What if (God forbid) your husband dies and your husband's family decide to kick you out of your husband's house and take over all his properties. How would you challenge them in court if you have no legal paper in the form of marriage certificate?

4 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by zanga420: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:

You're asking me that?

do registry marriage with a lady who knows the constitution very well and you'll know who's going to enforce it.

If you like go and do registry marriage.. suicide will end it last last
what if the lady requested the divorce
Cc: ednut1
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Princefrankie1(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2018
LordIsaac:

We can't put the cart before the horse ! Nay, it's the mentality of paying bride price that should first stop. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. That's common sense. We shouldn't embrace one part of culture and ignore its consequences !

Now that's what I'm talking about.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by gentle007(m): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Don't you think prenuptial will handle this issue of property sharing during divorce?

I think every man should insist on prenuptial agreement if the wife to be talks up marriage registry.
In fact, prenuptial should be done before marriage. This is the only way love can be separated from marriage scam.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by mamachizzy(f): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2018
This is how some of u men die and leave ur wife and kids in unspeakable circumstances because u don't wanna do court marriage. I hope u all remember the case of that man who refused to do court marriage only for his wife to get a job in Texas and she could go with her family and nigga started asking for court marriage to prove they are husband and wife and she said no only for him to start calling her names. pls when it happens to you, don't come here and make noise.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by pat077: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2018
milemimi93:
Check out the lives of US celebrities before and after divorce..
does same apply in Africa
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Not everyone understands what marriage is.

Many churches will not wed you without involving the court. Except the couple wants to do only traditional marriage.

Me i did trad, court, church. I didn't exactly insist on it. We both agreed to do all.

And he buys everything in my name. Every single thing. He said his dad did the same. So that no family will come and displace me in future.

Don't mind some guys here. It is just mouth.

He buys everything in your name? And his dad did the same? I guess he and his dad have been lucky so far, that they have not met a gold digger. So what is wrong in buying everything in his, and your name?
I hope you will also be happy to have your sons be buying everything in the names of their wives (your daughters-in-law).
I guess you guys are assuming that he would leave this earth first. What if you leave first? Then he would have to go through the process of changing the titles to his name. And it is not an easy process.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by zanga420: 11:55am On Jun 17, 2018
YemiHadid:

Unfortunately, madam, ladies of nowadays are no longer ready to do the little things you listed up there... cook, clean, wash ke!? they say any man ready to marry them must be able to do those himself... abi is it not on this same Nairaland we read such 'ish'? Awon 'feminist gang'... u cant eat ur cake and still have it... As for children, i'll personally elect to take custody. I speak for no one!

I asked this in a thread and no response yet.
Though I've not talked to the guy since then.
But will still like to advice him when I'm informed.
Do you know what the law says about this �

An issue came up last night in my compound. One young man came complaining about his girlfriend's family.
They agreed to marry and the lady is pregnant for him. But the lady and the family are now refusing him to pay the bride price. They also told him that in their tradition a lover doesn't inherit children. I tried calming the situation but the guy says he can't let go of his to be child.
My question now is by our laws, how can this guy get his child if he eventually didn't marry this girl
@lalasticlala help this get response, before somebody do something unpalatable.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2018
Elder001:
I guess this is why men are scared to file for divorce or reluctant to file for divorce because from the way it seems now the law assumes you've wasted the woman's life.

Like only women can file for divorce because if you do you'll lose much.. smh

I won't advice any man(not even my enemy) to do registry marriage .
If a lady insists on registry marriage please she can't be trusted, kindly cancel the wedding.

That's myopic, Registry marriage protects your wife and kids, in case anything happens to you, what of that your wife ends up being more successful than you? Just pray for God to give you the right wife abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by poseidon12: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
mistyebby:

Girls, women all the time. Guys are the real golddiggers now. I know about 3guys who hurriedly sealed court wedding with women for their own is selfish interest.

As we speak, these men are yet to bring a cup of palmwine to their in-laws, talk of church wedding. Of course they have had children.

Just yesterday, my friend's boyfriend who has been milking her just suggested same court wedding. Who is the golddigger here??

A woman has "EVERYTHING" to lose from a relationship built on lies and falsehood regardless of who lied or was deceitful.. everything!!! While a man has " NOTHING " to lose.

May God always keep us away from deceitful and deceptive human beings through our life sojourn.. Amen.

Maybe you are talking about an imaginary Nigeria. You may have a few (very few) cases of the guy being the gold digger. But generally, the gold diggers are the Nigerian ladies. Don't you hear of the saying: My money is mine, his money is our money?

1 Like

Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Jeferious: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
onehouse:
First, I consider this as a myopic way of thinking about life and marriage.

As humans, we tend to want to have everything we can grab while alive but the truth is that no one gets out with a pin. Even in the grave, all these are being consume by ants and what have you.

On the other hand, I recall a story I read on motherhoodInStyle, the wife of this man has always pleaded to have registry wedding even after two kids. In the man in question refuses to give in cause he felt the mother of his two kids was after his properties.

Well, as God would have it, she go a job transfer to the US and she needed to relocate there permanently as well with her family - all expense paid. Friends, come and see how this man is begging to go do the registry wedding he once stood against for many years. Of course, it was obvious that the change in attitude was because of his needs to relocate to the US with his family and due to the poor state of his business.

In all, the lady in question has refuse to go to the registry with him and even the lady's father stood by her daughter on this. This simply explains the need to live life as easy as it comes without complicating life with the affection or need to acquire properties thus damaging precious gift of life such as good relationship with those in our lives.
So, from your story, the lady refused exactly because the man is going to benefit? So why shouldn't the man refuse when he sensed that it's to the lady's benefit?

There is no positive moral in this example. You even preached selfishness without knowing it
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by fowlyansh181(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

So u marry a woman for twenty years, she has kids for u, looked after them while u work, cooks for u , cleans for u, wash ur clothes, U have two houses , in the case of divorce u can not give her one? Are u ok?

if she was the main cause of whatever led to the divorce , she deserves NOTHING, except maybe the man is so generous.
Re: Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding by Ayemileto(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
bebe2:

You probably haven't read of situations where all the mans property, including the one he acquired before marriage was awarded to the lady. Although this happen mostly in the UK, with the men being black in many cases.

Many men who find themselves in this situation end up developing mental problem while some consider suicide.

Plus I don't think I've heard of people divorcing after 20years. They will be too used to each other then.

Most divorce happen before that time. Less than ten years if I'm to assume.

That's y I'm hoping to start hearing from God because you hardly see divorce cases in churches that believe in the "will of God".

Marriage is not something to make mistake in. Even divorce process has lots of trauma attached to it.

I hope I don't have a reason to divorce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

10 Types Of Guys That Always Have Ladies Lurking Around Them For Relationship / Top 10 Countries With The Smallest penîs In The World / Couple's Zanku And Gbe Body Wedding Dance Video Got Nigerians Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.