Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (80896 Views)

#Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / LOL!!! You Will Not Believe What This Guy Did At Shoprite, Ilorin (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by dominique(f): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
MoonWater:
Ilorin people sha... Dem no go change faa. But come to think of it, this isnt the first time such is happening.

You're right. Similar thing happened almost two years ago

https://www.nairaland.com/3212506/pics-shoprite-ilorin-shuts

Seems they don't have much tourist attractions over there
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by lilfreezy: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
cheesy
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
This incident happened last year, but why are people crazy about Shoprite. Are Ilorin people telling us, there are no other places to have fun.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Just2endowed2(m): 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

Does the overcrowding not happen in Lagos?

Nop

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:
This is funny AF. ShopRite and a handful of other shopping malls are the only sight-seeing centres in many Nigerian states. No zoos, no parks, no fvcking beaches. Shopping malls are for shopping and actually buying stuff, not for celebrating Ramadan and Christmas.

I bet my Python 3.6 Compiler that 90% of these people have no cash to buy anything.

Now we know you're an amateur programmer. We wish you well.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Movinwealth: 8:52am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:
This is funny AF. ShopRite and a handful of other shopping malls are the only sight-seeing centres in many Nigerian states. No zoos, no parks, no fvcking beaches. Shopping malls are for shopping and actually buying stuff, not for celebrating Ramadan and Christmas.

I bet my Python 3.6 Compiler that 90% of these people have no cash to buy anything.
word!!
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 8:52am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:

U'll lose d bettongue

Was in Jabi lake, on d last children's day. They were buying pet bottles of coke, bread, biscuits n all sorts of d cheapest goods available. At a point, someone had to assist a troupe financially, when d blame game of; I told u not to pick it, it was out of our budget, became too much.

We have several spots in abj, but most av got paid entry.

U wonder, how much, it'll cost d state govt to invest in such, for their citizens. The old stadium, in lokoja, is always filled to brim, too

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by islandmoon: 8:52am On Jun 17, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4565451/sars-kidnappers-whats-difference-video

SARS OR KIDNAPPERS, Whats The Difference?VIDEO by islandmoon:
3:03pm On Jun 16

how do we differentiate?as it appeared in this video, two men claimed to be security operatives trying to obtain a young guy , dragging him into a danfo bus, they do not have ID to really prove they are security agent, what is going on
, new style of kidnapping
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Papvz: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2018
I'm not surprised.. That's the only reasonable place they have in Ilorin[/quote]

Only a fool like yourself who has never been to Ilorin can say that

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2018
Just2endowed2:

Nop

How many of those in Lagos have you been to during festive periods?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Opinionated: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2018
Na wa O
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

Does the overcrowding not happen in Lagos?

When last did you hear of such from Lagos?

There are also so many tourists and relaxation centres Lagosians can go, unlike that city called Ilorin that is devoid of any reasonable place apart from Shoprite.

Meanwhile, I spent 6 years in that city while schooling, so I know what I'm saying

9 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by ozoebuka1(m): 8:54am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

Some of you are permanently programmed to make senseless, divisive and hate-filled comments. May God save you and your likes.

The issue is not restricted to Ilorin. Nigeria needs more leisure parks and recreation centres.
The criticism will start from somewhere, let's start from ilorin... Afonja and scatta scatta angry

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:55am On Jun 17, 2018
wittyt98:
Na for Naija you'll see people going to a shopping mall dressed like they're going to collect 10 million grin grin
I wonder oo.. The last time I went to a shopping mall was last year, when I went to buy refrigerator. Most of the things they sell in shopping malls can be bought outside with the same price or less. I tire for some Nigerians sha.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by sexdoll: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2018
MoonWater:
if i may ask, how did you arrive at this percentage ?

i am so sure she used laplace transform to arrive at that percentage.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2018
ozoebuka1:
The criticism will start from somewhere, let's start from ilorin... Afonja and scatta scatta angry

You need to be delivered from yourself.

Roll in the mud alone. Nobody can do it better than you.

8 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by ozoebuka1(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

You need to be delivered from yourself.

Roll in the mud alone.
You too.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Reference(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2018
Who does shopping on such a day. This is clearly tourism for them so Shoprite should get smart and build sites and experiences together with the shopping. Charge them a gate fee to finance it since it is a recurring theme around the holidays. Shutting doors to a crowd... who does that these days.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by 9japrof(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:

Can you really program in python, can I see some of your projects, cos I might have a job for you
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2018
Neyoor:

There are also so many tourists and relaxation centres Lagosians can go, unlike that city called Ilorin that is devoid of any reasonable place apart from Shoprite.

Meanwhile, I spent 6 years in that city while schooling, so I know what I'm saying

Don't generalise.

Have you visited all Lagos shoprite outlets during Christmas or sallah?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by princeade86(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2018
MoonWater:
70% of them went there to take pix bro. I base in ilorin and I know them. can u imagine , ur gf ask u to follow her to shoprite, in ur mind u will think she want to go and buy something, but on getting there , she just give u fone that she just come here to take pix. how will u feel. that is what many of them do. shoprite in ilorin, they do call it FAMILY HOUSE.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by buchilino(m): 8:59am On Jun 17, 2018
MoonWater:

I AGREE WITH COMPUTERGEEK, I HAVE EXPERIENCED DIS TERRIBLE SITUATION LAST YEAR AT ILORIN. IF U C D QUEUE ON DAT DAY, IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE. MOST OF THE COUNTERS WERE FILLED WITH ITEMS ABANDONED BY MANY PPLE. SOME PERISHABLE FOODS GOT SPOILED AT THE COUNTERS. I THINK IT WAS LAST YEAR EXPERIENCE DAT MADE SHOPRITE OFFICIALS TO TAKE DIS DECISION
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2018
Neyoor:

https://www.nairaland.com/3538746/overcrowded-port-harcourt-mall-christmas

https://www.nairaland.com/2061676/state-ikeja-shop-rite-xmas

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by kalishay: 8:59am On Jun 17, 2018
imam07:
ShopRite have learnt from their last mistake. They almost looted all ShopRite goods last sallah. Last sallah, some bought fast food. Ate it and drop d container. People almost finished their drinks inside the mall without paying.

This sounds hilarious.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 9:00am On Jun 17, 2018
ozoebuka1:
You too.

Why are you ashamed of doing what you love best?

Continue the confusion and hate. Well done

You'll reap whatever you sow

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2018
ashjay001:

U'll lose d bettongue

Was in Jabi lake, on d last children's day. They were buying pet bottles of coke, bread, biscuits n all sorts of d cheapest goods available. At a point, someone had to assist a troupe financially, when d blame game of; I told u not to pick it, it was out of our budget, became too much.

We have several spots in abj, but most av got paid entry.

U wonder, how much, it'll cost d state govt to invest in such, for their citizens. The old stadium, in lokoja, is always filled to brim, too
That poster is actually right.
Have u been to a well functional park b4? The things u see lots of people buy in shop rite would have been bought in various parks thereby decongesting the malls. Supermarket's all over the world don't get flooded except on occasions like black friday.
How can I enter a supermarket to buy drinks that I can easily buy and enjoy with family and friends in a beach.

There is no recreational centers in nigeria. Only church. Mosque and places like shoprite for families.

It's that bad. Very bad

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by akinsunny2009(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2018
@waleoyeyipo see your people ooo
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

Don't generalise.

Have you visited all Lagos shoprite outlets during Christmas or sallah?

And this how they are always over crowded to the extent of shutting down? Stop it if it is a joke please.

For the past 3 years, we have always been seeing and hearing stories of Shoprite Ilorin getting over crowded during festive period like this. It has just become a norms for them

5 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by poseidon12: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2018
inoki247:
most of dem are jus going dere to Take Pictures or BuY Bread... abi no b d same Shoprite wey we get for Lagos... pipul hardly fill it up in Lagos. well let dem go. i know sum pipul too will b shutting down Saraki ouse for free moni..

Because Lagos has several Shoprite malls in Lagos; and there are other big shops too, like Spar, Park and Shop, etc. You also have the movie theatres and the beaches, of course.
Outside Lagos, one Shoprite outlet is usually the only game in town. That is opportunity for investors right there.

6 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by ozoebuka1(m): 9:03am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

Why are you ashamed of doing what you love best?

Continue the confusion and hate. Well done

You'll reap whatever you sow
oga leave me, na your type dey carry everything for head... No go commit suicide when others are having fun
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by buchilino(m): 9:04am On Jun 17, 2018
Papvz:
I'm not surprised.. That's the only reasonable place they have in Ilorin

Only a fool like yourself who has never been to Ilorin can say that

UR CALLING SOMEONE A FOOL ON A SUNDAY MORNING. CONTINUE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 / RICHARD6: Fulfil Your Money Back Guarantee / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.