Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) (80897 Views)

#Xenophobia: Lekki Shoprite Shut Down To Avoid More Attack As People Stormed It / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store / LOL!!! You Will Not Believe What This Guy Did At Shoprite, Ilorin (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2018

zombie the supermarket

it is actually a very big problem all over nigeria.

most governments be they local, state or federal have neglected or converted areas of liesure like public parks etc.

now the only places most nigerians consider as avenues for fun are shopping malls

this also plays out most sundays at shoprite, though certainly not to this level
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by wink2015(m): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2018
They shut down shoprite Ilorin so that OFFA robbers working for senate President Bukola Saraki and Kwara state governor Ahmed Abdulfatah not to enter the shopping mall to do DABARU WORK.

Oro town people in Irepodun local government area of Kwara state fear them.

Oro town boys fear them they love doing DABARU WORK.

4 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Kenechi1: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2018
They could of took a limited number of people in the mall, then have the rest outside. Then once a group of people come out have a group of people go in.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2018
Neyoor:

And this how they are always over crowded to the extent of shutting down? Stop it if it is a joke please.

For the past 3 years, we have always been seeing and hearing stories of Shoprite Ilorin getting over crowded during festive period like this. It has just become a norms for them

So there is none in Lagos that gets overcrowded?

You may not get to know the response of the management to the overcrowding but the fact is that I've provided links that the problem is not limited to Ilorin.

Mind you, Lagos has wider options than Ilorin.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by poseidon12: 9:05am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

Does the overcrowding not happen in Lagos?

Not of this magnitude.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by adeoyelekan(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2018
When are these people going to change. I remember last two years that I went to Ilorin shoprites. Massive crowds was seen as if it were a political rally. THE crowd was so huge that security attached to the mall were seeing wiping and beating people like thieves. However 80% of the crowd had no money to buy things but they actually came for snapping , pickpocketing, toasting and other vices.
RECOMMENDATIONS
Shoprite should try to attached no nonsense security to shoprites gates in order to question those that actually came to do other things aside shopping.
Giving access to does with Cars.
Those that came with footwaging should be question too
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by TMemos: 9:06am On Jun 17, 2018
ozoebuka1:
oga leave me, na your type dey carry everything for head... No go commit suicide when others are having fun

You call spreading hate and confusion as having fun?

You have fun at the expense of others' feelings and religious and tribal emotions?

Continue to sow hate and see what you will reap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Soso990240(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2018
And one funny thing there is that some people are going there just to feel among... to show say dem follow.. why u go enter Shoprite just to pick Bread and Tea materials?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:
This is funny AF. ShopRite and a handful of other shopping malls are the only sight-seeing centres in many Nigerian states. No zoos, no parks, no fvcking beaches. Shopping malls are for shopping and actually buying stuff, not for celebrating Ramadan and Christmas.

I bet my Python 3.6 Compiler that 90% of these people have no cash to buy anything.

Could you teach me?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by ozoebuka1(m): 9:13am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

You call spreading hate and confusion as having fun?

You have fun at the expense of others' feelings and religious and tribal emotions?

Continue to sow hate and see what you will reap.
whats hateful about afonja or scatta scatta?? You people will be using English term without knowing the meaning, mtcheww... Please don't quote me again because I won't reply you, go and find your fellow "hate-speech-singers" and quote. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2018
Gbese re o lol
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

So there is none in Lagos that gets overcrowded?

You may not get to know the response of the management to the overcrowding but the fact is that I've provided links that the problem is not limited to Ilorin.

Mind you, Lagos has wider options than Ilorin.

https://www.nairaland.com/3213172/serious-shoprite-forced-shut-doors

https://www.nairaland.com/3885752/see-huge-crowd-gathered-ilorin

I don't say they don't get over crowded but not to the extent of shutting down like Ilorin Shoprite usually do every year.

Do you know when shops decide to shut down despite huge sales they could made? It's just when the crowd exceeds what they can handle. Lagos Shoprite still always curtail her crowd but in Ilorin, they might risk running into debt from customers loot
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 17, 2018
majority are there to steal
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by dominique(f): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2018
TMemos:

https://www.nairaland.com/3538746/overcrowded-port-harcourt-mall-christmas

https://www.nairaland.com/2061676/state-ikeja-shop-rite-xmas

That was almost 4 years ago when malls were fewer and mainland people were just getting used to them. You can never see this kind of huge crowd in a Lagos mall this recent times even on weekends or public holidays
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Allenken225588: 9:20am On Jun 17, 2018
I was shut out too...

Went to buy lolipop
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by imam07: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2018
kalishay:

This sounds hilarious.
Nah true gist. ShopRite management can never 4get the previous Salah event. Those looters were doing it before the management eyes. Eating and drinking freely inside the shopping mall. ShopRite could not do anything because of too much croud inside.
Also if u need olosho in ilorin, go ShopRite.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by kepal99(m): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:
This is funny AF. ShopRite and a handful of other shopping malls are the only sight-seeing centres in many Nigerian states. No zoos, no parks, no fvcking beaches. Shopping malls are for shopping and actually buying stuff, not for celebrating Ramadan and Christmas.

I bet my Python 3.6 Compiler that 90% of these people have no cash to buy anything.

Oshey programmer of life
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by troy20(m): 9:25am On Jun 17, 2018
Its really shameful. Decades of corruption, mismanagement.... And a third class shopping mall is just about the best recreational sight. See them pressing against the glasses despite being locked out. Like zombies in the walking dead.

7 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by israelmao(m): 9:25am On Jun 17, 2018
Lai Muhammed's state.Is that eatery or supermarket in Ilorin?
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by felifeli: 9:25am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:

Wrong. Abroad people actually visit shopping malls to relax and chat over a meal or drink

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by bigtt76(f): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2018
Took the word out of my mouth. Makes no sense at all. Build recreational centers and add these stores as add on. Let people have a choice of where to go. Yes you are very right ...with all that multitude, I doubt if Shoprite would make more than 100k in sales from them. 80% would not buy more than FanYogo icecream and the remaining 10% roaming around the store. The other 10% would attempt to steal angry

computergeek:

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by boiz2men(m): 9:27am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:

j

Hey bro,
Are you very good with front End development
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by imam07: 9:28am On Jun 17, 2018
adeoyelekan:
When are these people going to change. I remember last two years that I went to Ilorin shoprites. Massive crowds was seen as if it were a political rally. THE crowd was so huge that security attached to the mall were seeing wiping and beating people like thieves. However 80% of the crowd had no money to buy things but they actually came for snapping , pickpocketing, toasting and other vices.
RECOMMENDATIONS
Shoprite should try to attached no nonsense security to shoprites gates in order to question those that actually came to do other things aside shopping.
Giving access to does with Cars.
Those that came with footwaging should be question too
it can't work. Why will u say they should not allow those that treck to enter ShopRite. Because u get car abi? See selfishness. This is not airport, it is market for God sake. The only solution is individual person should just upgrade his or her orientation.
How many people security want to question at the gate. May be u can apply as their gateman so that anyhow people will not enter.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by skales67(m): 9:28am On Jun 17, 2018
imam07:
ShopRite have learnt from their last mistake. They almost looted all ShopRite goods last sallah. Last sallah, some bought fast food. Ate it and drop d container. People almost finished their drinks inside the mall without paying.

So these Y*ruba M*slums can be hungry like this?

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:33am On Jun 17, 2018
TundeBullet:
Check out the mammoth crowd that showed up at Shoprite Ilorin today to celebrate the the Ramadan holiday.

According to a whatsapp friend who works in shoprite Ilorin, She made it known to a GidiTrendz admin that Shoprite resorted to ‘bouncing’ lots of people after this huge crowd stormed their store. They quickly shut their doors to prevent others from coming.

Watch Video via >>>> http://giditrendz.com/shoprite-ilorin-shut-down-after-massive-crowd-stormed-their-store-photos-video/
What is it..,kilode gan. Is that the only mall or amusement park in the area. The govt should bring more development so people would stop seeing these kind of places as a big deal..
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by Jethrolite(m): 9:35am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:

And they are good at consuming items from the shelves without paying.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by imam07: 9:35am On Jun 17, 2018
bigtt76:
Took the word out of my mouth. Makes no sense at all. Build recreational centers and add these stores as add on. Let people have a choice of where to go. Yes you are very right ...with all that multitude, I doubt if Shoprite would make more than 100k in sales from them. 80% would not buy more than FanYogo icecream and the remaining 10% roaming around the store. The other 10% would attempt to steal angry

Where will they create recreational center in ilorin. Bukola, governor Ahmed and friends have sold all Ilorin land space to themselves. No a single car park in ilorin and if u park anywhere, this useless people black and yellow uniform will be harassing u. Had it been kwara state owns University of ilorin, they for don sell the school sef.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by nasslerino(m): 9:35am On Jun 17, 2018
Wow see crowd
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2018
computergeek:

I'm telling you. Malls are for shopping not for relaxation. They should build cinemas,amusement and theme parks in most of these states,you'd see how Abuja and Lagos would be decongested.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by imam07: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Bukola saraki wife have bought the only old amusement park in Ilorin for the past 10years as I heard.
Re: Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 9:38am On Jun 17, 2018
wittyt98:
Na for Naija you'll see people going to a shopping mall dressed like they're going to collect 10 million grin grin
No be small thing o..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Banks Change Their Names; Sterling Splits Into 2 / RICHARD6: Fulfil Your Money Back Guarantee / Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.