Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 (6447 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Serbia: 26% (5 votes)
Ghana: 57% (11 votes)
Draw: 15% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Chad:AFCON Qualifier (2 - 0) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
lizzybabe1:

Potential WAG, always looking out for fine footballers. grin

So the effing Ghanaians nicked it.
But ma dear, you no see am too?

And yet Nigeria always compare itself to GHA. Shaaaaammmmeee! I need to call my Ghanaian friend and ask him how I can change my nationality  embarassed
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Ruq: 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
Pleaseeeeeeee stop comparin us with ghana its degrading. They played with Serbia not Argentina. This is the most boring match played so far.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2010
That Ghanaian coach is disgusting. No positive reaction at all. I dont trust im at all!

Tired of West Africans being so obsessed with foreign coaches
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
lizzybabe1:

Sweetie-pie, If they overcrowd the man too much, he will fall and somebody will get a red cardo. Maybe even a penalty. I still maintain that Serbia is no Argentina, although I'm not saying we performed well enough but don't compare us with Ghana.

It is not a foul to crowd the midfield or crowd a player in a football match. They would have smoothered Messi in the midfield without fouling him.

Messi had all kinds of spaces behind Etuhu and just in front of our defence and thats not acceptable for coach's who know their onions. Veron was sometimes stroling with the ball with nobody tackling or pressuring him.

What Ghana did here is to use their U-20 team and these boys played ANC finals earlier this year. What Nigeria would have simply done is to promote our U-23 Manager and squad from Beinjing with the inclusion of players like Enyeama, Yobo, Lukman.

But corruption never lets us do anything in this country. Sometimes I just hope we crash out of the world cup so that failure will sweep the current NFF away.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ruq:

Pleaseeeeeeee stop comparin us with ghana its degrading. They played with Serbia not Argentina. This is the most boring match played so far.

We lost to this team in the last ANC semi finals. so what is there not to compare?
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by lizzybabe1(f): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2010
mikeansy:

It is not a foul to crowd the midfield or crowd a player in a football match. They would have smoothered Messi in the midfield without fouling him.

I said "he will fall" if they overcrowd him too much. So overcrowding is not a foul but it will lead to foul. Especially these days when diving is the order of the day. Anyway, my point still remains Serbia is no Argentina.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2010
lizzybabe1:

I said "he will fall" if they overcrowd him too much. So overcrowding is not a foul but it will lead to foul. Especially these days when diving is the order of the day. Anyway, my point still remains Serbia is no Argentina.

If he falls without being fouled he will be booked for simulation

I also maintain that this Argentine side is not good enough!!! we simply made them look good.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by osifred(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2010
AM A NIGEIRAN BUT TODAY LIKE OTHER DAYS I CAN CONFORMTABLY SAY GHANA IS THE BEACON OF HOPE IN AFRRICA AND WEST AFRICA IN PARTICULAR SINCE NIGERIA HAS FAILED US.

BEACON OF HOPE IN THE ECONOMIC, HEALTH, EDUCATION,SPORT I MEAN EVERYTHING WITH LESS CORRUPTION RATE
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ruq:

What is degrading? More like Ghana should be insulted.

Nigeria needs to redeem herself by winning her next 2 match.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by lizzybabe1(f): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2010
osifred:

AM A NIGEIRAN BUT TODAY LIKE OTHER DAYS I CAN CONFORMTABLY SAY GHANA IS THE BEACON OF HOPE IN AFRRICA AND WEST AFRICA IN PARTICULAR SINCE NIGERIA HAS FAILED US.

BEACON OF HOPE IN THE ECONOMIC, HEALTH, EDUCATION,SPORT I MEAN EVERYTHING WITH LESS CORRUPTION RATE

Beacon of Hope in YOUR village. *big, long hissssssss*
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by mode9007: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2010
finally, the Africans have their first win, Ghana will also be the first african in the next round with their next game against Australia, let the game begin, also note that the Europeans have only one victory in five attempts, France, England,Serbia, Slovenia,Greece, not too bad for Africa
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by K4: 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2010
Folks, Accra is jamming! Come and see cele! Hate Ghana? You are wasting your time.Absolutely! Ghanaians really don't care a hoot!
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by naliakar: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2010
I thought all along that Nigerians are classy proud people. I was wrong. What I see here is a bunch specimen of whiny cry babies. And all because of what? That Ghana has edged them out of the limelight. Grow up Nigerians! GROW UP.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Digriz(m): 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
The serbian ghana coach was nt satisfied wt the victory over his country men and you cn notice his reaction after the match when he rejected the handshake from the ghanain.This shows that he still prefer his country to the one he's managing.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by netbizzy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2010
This match is special because this is the first win for Africa. Let us support all african teams in this competition so that we can win the world cup.

It will be nice to have that cup stay in Africa after this mundial  wink
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by izeek(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
this same Ghana team lost 4-1 to Holland some few weeks ago, we make it sound like one has to win all hs matches.

their group and ours are not the same, or tell me you want to equate Argentina to Serbia?

the level of opposition is different. lets wait till the y face stiffer teams like Germany before we conclude.

that said, naija still has an outside chance of clinching a qualification ticket at the expense of Korea and Greece.

football is unpredictable, lets not be carried away by initial gragra.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Ibomade1: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2010
Not bad at least they won. Hope my Super Eagles with take cue from them.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by bidemi12(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2010
lizzybabe1:

Beacon of Hope in YOUR village. *big, long hissssssss*

Denial is a desease. they have successfully held democratic elections over and over again. Obama deemed it fit to visit the country as a testimony to their advances. their society is peaceful and corruption is NOT a way of life over there. Now their soccer is growing in leaps and bounds. Girl, yes they a beacon of hope in Africa
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Omolulu(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
bidemi12:

Denial is a desease. they have successfully held demotratic elections over and over again. Obama deemed it fit to visit the country as a testimony to their advances. their society is peaceful and corruption is NOT a way of life over there. Now their soccer is growing in leaps and bounds. Girl, yes they a beacon of hope in Africa
ode!
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Digriz(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2010
bidemi12:

Denial is a desease. they have successfully held democratic elections over and over again. Obama deemed it fit to visit the country as a testimony to their advances. their society is peaceful and corruption is NOT a way of life over there. Now their soccer is growing in leaps and bounds. Girl, yes they a beacon of hope in Africa
rubbish1
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by ololo12: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2010
People dey Bleep to compare our match with Argentina and Ghana vs Serbia, No be Argentina flock Ghana 4-1 for friendlies? Abi una no hear that one? but in overall Ghana try today, I give it to them,  But even with that Ghana no fit win Argentina,
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by bidemi12(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
Digriz:

rubbish1
Omolulu:

ode!

Like i said DENIAL is a desease
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by namfav(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2010
ghana needs to give nigeria some footballing lessons, how to go for goal, how to be clinical and how to actually play football with no fear
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Digriz(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2010
namfav:

ghana needs to give nigeria some footballing lessons, how to go for goal, how to be clinical and how to actually play football with no fear
actually we need to learn that frm them especially contending wt nervousness,bt the confidence will be there frm the next match.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by namfav(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2010
nigerian football died in 1998, when technological advances meant that people could not cheat their age
ghana has a better, younger and hungrier side than nigeria, it is a known fact
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by medjai(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2010
Ghana won because they did not adopt a 'siddon look' style of play like Lagerback and his boys.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2010
There is no need determining whether Serbia is comparable to Argentina when we can easily compare ourselves directly to the Ghanains.

We were up against this same Ghanaian team in January and we lost. Ghana progressed to the finals of ANC.

Nigerians need to learn to tell themselves the home truth at times. Our arrogance is based on nothing, our coach is running out team down and we are hoping that we prayers we will win the world cup when others are actually fighting for things more than we are.

God must be a Nigerian!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Akwasi(m): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
y do some people here hate anything Ghana? The point remains Ghana has three point and most importantly give Africa its first victory. Hope Nigeria are able to perform like the Ghanaians did if they meet Greece. Its better you don't criticize the Ghanaians because they always somehow manages to prove you wrong. Remember the under 20 world cup and ANC in Angola.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by agabaI23(m): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2010
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by agabaI23(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
Akwasi:

y do some people here hate anything Ghana? The point remains Ghana has three point and most importantly give Africa its first victory. Hope Nigeria are able to perform like the Ghanaians did if they meet Greece. Its better you don't criticize the Ghanaians because they always somehow manages to prove you wrong. Remember the under 20 world cup and ANC in Angola.
Where did you get that from? Did you read most of the thread or just one comment?
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Digriz(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2010
Akwasi:

we dnt hate ghana bt this issue of hating ghana or what started frm you ghanaians,you people dnt wnt to hear any good thing coming frm nigeria and so vice verse.
Re: World Cup 2010: Serbia Vs Ghana [ 0 - 1] On Sunday 13th June 2010 by Akwasi(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
agabaI23:

Where did you get that from? Did you read most of the thread or just one comment?

aga, thats y i said some grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Exodus Of Fans From Chelsea / Sport Betting::::Free Daily 2+ Odds / West Brom Appoint Alan Pardew As New Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.