Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,256 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (587570 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
UbiPetrus:
LOL. Exactly what I mean. Application for Winter 2019/2020 session is on. I'm not blabbing.

M more confused now....thought application for next winter start from April to July 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
freakky:

Did you use an English proficiency letter from your school, or ielts am asking because of a friend who is interested

Nah

Nothing
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Bmfunso:

You ought to have booked visa appointment while still waiting for your admission letter, I booked my visa appointment via email two months ago while still waiting for my admission that time but luckily for me, I got admission last Friday and my interview date is July 4. send me email on omoboriowo001@Gmail.com.

TU Berlin sent me a document to book Visa appointment while still waiting for admission and I used it.

I don't think that's necessary for now. Its a special program between DAAD and Nigeria Government.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Winniewelsh: 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2018
zado2064:
People around Lagos are receiving quick replies but it seems different for those around Abuja.

PM me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2018
chidi4eze:
I studied Human Physiology Bsc in Nigeria and I am doing Environmental and Resource Management Bsc here in Germany.
First I will say you need to clearly state your reasons for wanting two first degrees in your letter of motivation to the embassy. Please emphasize on it as HonourableSeyi has advised because I got a rejection because I didn't emphasize on it.
Secondly, it can be challenging here because studying in Germany especially sciences is tasking and difficult but it's very very achievable.

You can ask further questions here.

Sorry bro, do you mean we should explain in three paragraph or paragraph 3 on reason for wanting another bsc

#cheers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2018
UbiPetrus:
LOL. Exactly what I mean. Application for Winter 2019/2020 session is on. I'm not blabbing.
Well some courses start early just check the schools you want to apply to and get your information handy also some school do rolling admission so you can apply ahead and get tour admission early for summer or winter just mail the school that's what he's saying
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
dailydolar:
Well some courses start early just check the schools you want to apply to and get your information handy also some school do rolling admission so you can apply ahead and get tour admission early for summer or winter just mail the school that's what he's saying

Ohk thanks..i would mail them
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
Fabcol:

M more confused now....thought application for next winter start from April to July 2019
Well, like someone already stated, it depends on the school and the program.
But at the moment, some schools are already receiving application for Winter 2019/2020 session.
You may also check out DAAD.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by luckyzeeto: 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
Is there anyone sending documents to European universitat,Flensburg. Pls lets share the cost
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ugoerico(m): 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2018
Cheii...see shunning oh....nawa
Ugoerico:
House please I have an academic conference in Germany at which I'm presenting a paper.
My question is where should I apply for visa? Is it Lagos or Abuja?
Second question- I was filling the visa form online and I could not see an option for conference among the listed visa categories.. Should I select Business Visa? Are conferences under business visa class?
Third question- hope i can pay for insurance using Aiico?
Plz the first and second questions are on my neck now..someone shd kindly put me tru.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by zado2064: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
Ve done dat boss
Winniewelsh:

PM me
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by noughtai: 3:29am On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:

I did applied for the DAAD scholarship. Application status: Selection Made

And Also Funding approved. Just waiting for the admission letter and schedule for the Visa appointment

Please can you help me with the application link. Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 4:50am On Jun 25, 2018
ansellotty:
Please house, I had OND before my university degree; my degree transcript shows academic records of 200 level and above, is it necessary to also get the OND transcript?

Someone with similar experience should please respond.

The only one necessary is your BSc transcript. Your OND is just to support your application. I applied last year adding only My OND certificate with other essential documents and got admission offer. I applied to the same school this year but now with my OND transcript and certificate and still got.

Summary : if you can get your OND transcript, use it. If not, don't kill yourself about it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 6:43am On Jun 25, 2018
noughtai:

Please can you help me with the application link. Thank you

https://portal.daad.de/irj/portal

On the portal.

Click on Personal Funding

Application

Funding programme: select the applicable one (keep selecting different funding to see which one shows your country of residence active)

Country of residence
Target country

Commencement of funding. Either graduate for MSC or doctorate for PhD

Then continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 7:03am On Jun 25, 2018
chidi4eze:
I studied Human Physiology Bsc in Nigeria and I am doing Environmental and Resource Management Bsc here in Germany.
First I will say you need to clearly state your reasons for wanting two first degrees in your letter of motivation to the embassy. Please emphasize on it as HonourableSeyi has advised because I got a rejection because I didn't emphasize on it.
Secondly, it can be challenging here because studying in Germany especially sciences is tasking and difficult but it's very very achievable.

You can ask further questions here.

#cheers
Good morning bros can I get a draft of Ur motivation to use in fine tuning mine.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by noughtai: 7:25am On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:

On the portal.

Application

Funding programme: select the applicable one (keep selecting different funding to see which one shows your country of residence active)

Country of residence
Target country

Then continue.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by bochu03: 7:39am On Jun 25, 2018
University of Konstanz in baden Württemberg
Course?Betriebswirtschaftslehre.. Economics.. Buh I can still study buhari
UbiPetrus:
School anwd course?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 25, 2018
phodio:

The only one necessary is your BSc transcript. Your OND is just to support your application. I applied last year adding only My OND certificate with other essential documents and got admission offer. I applied to the same school this year but now with my OND transcript and certificate and still got.

Summary : if you can get your OND transcript, use it. If not, don't kill yourself about it.

Thanks bro!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by simplylekan45(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:

On the portal.

Application

Country of residence
Target country

Then continue.

Sorry which funding did u choose for it own
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AlphaPen(m): 8:08am On Jun 25, 2018
Bro.

I recognize your moniker from the PTDF thread. I see you got in for the FGC category, congrats.

I think it best that you let folks here know that your 'case' is very different; the way you applied, how you got the funding and the admission, and how you will get your visa. PTDF-DAAD will literally do everything for you.

I am saying this 'cos I am certain peeps will start asking you questions. This is to preclude the confusion that might stem from your answers.

Ahmed4002:

On the portal.

Application

Country of residence
Target country

Then continue.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by maxxhanzel: 8:33am On Jun 25, 2018
Hi guys.
Please has anyone been issued admission at Ruhr University Bochum? For MSc. Computational Engineering for this winter semester.

I wish to know because I'm still awaiting there feedback.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kongturkey: 8:59am On Jun 25, 2018
Alhamdullilah admission dropped Stralsund

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 9:20am On Jun 25, 2018
AlphaPen:
Bro.

I recognize your moniker from the PTDF thread. I see you got in for the FGC category, congrats.

I think it best that you let folks here know that your 'case' is very different; the way you applied, how you got the funding and the admission, and how you will get your visa. PTDF-DAAD will literally do everything for you.

I am saying this 'cos I am certain peeps will start asking you questions. This is to preclude the confusion that might stem from your answers.

Exactly! I asked him if he's a PTDF scholar and he chose to ignore. @Ahmed4002, you are passing information on postgraduate application procedure and scholarship application procedure while (intentionally) leaving out the fact that you're shortlisted for the PTDF award grant where everything will be done on their behalf.

Please endeavour to always share the full story so people don't get misguided. Someone here might attempt to apply without any form of proficiency in English proof because someone said he did so successfully and end up being rejected.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Embaszy(m): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2018
Good morning to all the Emeritus professors on the great thread
I'm new here but I have read alot about this thread from part one upto this new thread
I've applied to some schools in Germany but yet to get acceptance letter.
Currently I applied to University of Bayreuth to study MA in Philosophy and Economics.
Applied to University of Jena to study MSc Economics
Applied to University of Rurh Bochum to study MSc Economics but yet to acknowledge the receipt of my documents
Applied to Bielefeld University to study Quantitative Economics but yet to acknowledge the receipt of my application documents

Please if anyone here has a good experience of any or all of these school, it will be of good help for me
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by osas87(m): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2018
MaroCruz:

Exactly! I asked him if he's a PTDF scholar and he chose to ignore. @Ahmed4002, you are passing information on postgraduate application procedure and scholarship application procedure while (intentionally) leaving out the fact that you're shortlisted for the PTDF award grant where everything will be done on their behalf.

Please endeavour to always share the full story so people don't get misguided. Someone here might attempt to apply without any form of proficiency in English proof because someone said he did so successfully and end up being rejected.

exactly, I was wondering if I have myopia not to ve seen such scholarship opportunity. Besides PTDF is for those in oil and gas sector only. The two main main scholarship platforms that I know that concern every Nigerian irrespective of your course or school are

1. Research grants - one year grant

2. Research grants - short grant or so

abeg if any body see anoda one, let me know......

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 9:49am On Jun 25, 2018
Ugoerico:
Cheii...see shunning oh....nawa

1. Visa application should be Lagos, Abuja is used for official/government purposes and of recent for students residing in Abuja. Those who fall outside this category have to use Lagos.

2. Yes Business Visa can do, confirm yourself from https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/germany-visa/

3. As far as they issue travel insurance, no problem. Although, you can search for a better one

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GreatDIM: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2018
MaroCruz:

Very true!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by maxxhanzel: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2018
maxxhanzel:
Hi guys.
Please has anyone been issued admission at Ruhr University Bochum? For MSc. Computational Engineering for this winter semester.

I wish to know because I'm still awaiting there feedback.

Guys Abeg... I dey wait una feedback.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 10:27am On Jun 25, 2018
MaroCruz:

Exactly! I asked him if he's a PTDF scholar and he chose to ignore. @Ahmed402, you are passing information on postgraduate application procedure and scholarship application procedure while (intentionally) leaving out the fact that you're shortlisted for the PTDF award grant where everything will be done on their behalf.

Alright, Thanks.

Apart from the PTDF-DAAD. There are a lot of others scholarship program.

That's why on the procedure. I did post above, to check the commencement funding and target country. Which ever shows your country of residence ACTIVE. Then you can applied for.

Check this Link below.

https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/99098-daad-scholarship-2018-2019/?page=3

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2018
AlphaPen:
Bro.

Alright. thanks,
Why I posted the link and procedure for the DAAD application via the portal.

There are others scholarship program associated with the DAAD.

A friend of mine application via the Portal is showing positive sign, even without PTDF publishing his name on the website.

The DAAD nominees can pick you base on your proposal .
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by olig(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:

I did applied for the DAAD scholarship. Application status: Selection Made

And Also Funding approved. Just waiting for the admission letter and schedule for the Visa appointment

You mean your application status has changed from "selection made" to "Funding Approved"??

And are you a PTDF scholar??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2018
olig:

You mean your application status has changed from "selection made" to "Funding Approved"??

And are you a PTDF scholar??

PTDF scholar

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.