Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (587574 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by olig(m): 10:37am On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:

PTDF scholar
On your DAAD portal, what is your present status??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ahmed4002(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2018
olig:

On your DAAD portal, what is your present status??

Selection Made
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by olig(m): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:
Selection Made
OK. Same here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 11:21am On Jun 25, 2018
bochu03:
University of Konstanz in baden Württemberg
Course?Betriebswirtschaftslehre.. Economics.. Buh I can still study buhari
LOL. Good luck, bro. We are coming.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2018
With my heart finally at ease and full of joy, I wish to announce that my Almighty AM has dropped.

My journey started around this same time last year. I initially wanted to go to Norway and started following the thread, but I somehow stumbled on the German thread and I have been on it from that day. I don't go a day without opening the thread and I have read from part 2 to the last page on the current part.

I applied to about 3 schools for summer semester 2018. They all rejected me (with good reasons though) except for FAU that rejected me just because of cetification. I was heartbroken.

I only applied to those 3 schools for summer because I didn't want to go through UNIASSIST because of financial reasons.

TIMELINE:

Applied for Admission: 02-12-2017
Opened Fintiba: 20-12-2017
Received Admission: 13-02-2018
Interview: 28-05-2018
Sent blocked account confirmation: 15-06-2018
AM dropped: 25-06-2018.

I am not sure where I am going yet. I have admission for University of Freiberg. (Environmental Geoscience)

Still expecting from Leibniz universitat Hannover (Water Resourses and Environmental Management), University of Bayreuth( Environmental Geography) and Kiel (Marine Geoscience).

The one month wait for the AM was really a tough one. Even though I was very confident of my interview, I was still kinda worried.

Thank you all for all the assistance here. I use myself as a point of contact to all those still expecting, it will get to us all in Jesus name.

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adedejioluwaseu: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2018
Kenthumphz:

I used the following:
1. The email printout from the embassy about my AM.
2. My international passport
3. Mansard 6 months health insurance plus a copy of it.

I asked to put down my name and number
Thanks bro...Have bn able to submit my documents too....Have they sent your documents back? If yes, how many days did it take?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bmfunso: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2018
Good day everyone, pls I am trying to fill my student visa application form and I am trying to avoid mistakes. I need someone to pls give right answers to the following:

1. intended place of stay in Germany. ( can I write my school address? bcs no accommodation yet
2. do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the federal republic of Germany?
3. do you have health insurance that covers the federal republic of Germany?
4.Type of travel document ( can I tick reisepass passport or other document and then specify).

thanks in anticipation.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 11:35am On Jun 25, 2018
Lalaski001:
With my heart finally at ease and full of joy, I wish to announce that my Almighty AM has dropped.

My journey started around this same time last year. I initially wanted to go to Norway and started following the thread, but I somehow stumbled on the German thread and I have been on it from that day. I don't go a day without opening the thread and I have read from part 2 to the last page on the current part.

I applied to about 3 schools for summer semester 2018. They all rejected me (with good reasons though) except for FAU that rejected me just because of cetification. I was heartbroken.

I only applied to those 3 schools for summer because I didn't want to go through UNIASSIST because of financial reasons.

TIMELINE:

I am not sure where I am going yet. I have admission for University of Freiberg. (Environmental Geoscience)

Still expecting from Leibniz universitat Hannover (Water Resourses and Environmental Management), University of Bayreuth( Environmental Geography) and Kiel (Marine Geoscience).

The one month wait for the AM was really a tough one. Even though I was very confident of my interview, I was still kinda worried.

Thank you all for all the assistance here. I use myself as a point of contact to all those still expecting, it will get to us all in Jesus name.

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

Wow congrat, first A. M of part 5.....more will follow.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ugoerico(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2018
MaroCruz thanks a lot,remain blessed OK.
Please shebi I wil just pay for the number of days that I want to stay in Germany, 4 days..
Secondly why I was particular confused about weda Lagos or Abuja is that I work with a Federal Govt research institute and I have got an approval and sponsorship by my institute to go and present, thus is it stil Lagos? Cos u said abuja is for govt,am I among? Or is my case among?
MaroCruz:

1. Visa application should be Lagos, Abuja is used for official/government purposes and of recent for students residing in Abuja. Those who fall outside this category have to use Lagos.

2. Yes Business Visa can do, confirm yourself from https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/germany-visa/

3. As far as they issue travel insurance, no problem. Although, you can search for a better one
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okpala95(m): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lalaski001:

TIMELINE:

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

Congrats bruh.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lalaski001:

TIMELINE:

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bmfunso:
Good day everyone, pls I am trying to fill my student visa application form and I am trying to avoid mistakes. I need someone to pls give right answers to the following:

1. intended place of stay in Germany. ( can I write my school address? bcs no accommodation yet
2. do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside the federal republic of Germany?
3. do you have health insurance that covers the federal republic of Germany?
4.Type of travel document ( can I tick reisepass passport or other document and then specify).

thanks in anticipation.

1) yes
2( yes Nigeria
3)no
4) passport

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
phodio:

The only one necessary is your BSc transcript. Your OND is just to support your application. I applied last year adding only My OND certificate with other essential documents and got admission offer. I applied to the same school this year but now with my OND transcript and certificate and still got.

Summary : if you can get your OND transcript, use it. If not, don't kill yourself about it.
sorry bros did you say you used your OND to get BSC admission in Germany If yes please give me the schools name
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
osas87:

exactly, I was wondering if I have myopia not to ve seen such scholarship opportunity. Besides PDTF is for those in oil and gas sector only. The two main main scholarship platforms that I know that concern every Nigerian irrespective of your course or school are

1. Research grants - one year grant

2. Research grants - short grant or so

abeg if any body see anoda one, let me know......
PTDF is not only for oil and gas you can get other cources there too I applied for MSC chemistry but I never hear from them sha but check Daad.de
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ppotter(m): 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
jelmusboy:
Are we sending the Make the transfer document or account opening confirmation document for appointment confirmation?

It is ur opening confirmation letter that is needed. Make transfer documents is for you to print and keep for record purposes.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lalaski001:

TIMELINE:

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.
I am a witness to FAU bro. Go and shine in Germany
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Palla: 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
dailydolar:
sorry bros did you say youbuse your OND to get BSC admission in Germany If yes please give me the schools name
from what I understand he said that he finished OND then enter direct entry into level 200 in a university and graduate now he wants to proceed to masters in Germany so he's asking whether to include both OND transcripts and the university transcripts since the university transcripts starts from level 200 and not from 100

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lantessy(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ahmed4002:

Alright. thanks,
Why I posted the link and procedure for the DAAD application via the portal.

There are others scholarship program associated with the DAAD.

A friend of mine application via the Portal is showing positive sign, even without PTDF publishing his name on the website.

The DAAD nominees can pick you base on your proposal .

Hello,

Please, what is the positive sign of your friend's application?

Has it changed from "Application submitted" to "Selection made" too?

Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Congrats bro. Go n succeed
Lalaski001:

TIMELINE:

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Palla:
from what I understand he said that he finished OND then enter direct entry into level 200 in a university and graduate now he wants to proceed to masters in Germany so he's asking whether to include both OND transcripts and the university transcripts since the university transcripts starts from level 200 and not from 100
bros check who I quote and you will see why I quote him he's talking about getting admission with OND transcript and certificate or am I missing something ??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lalaski001:

TIMELINE:

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

Congrats Bro. Fau they mad. Rejected me without genuine reason. Greatness await you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ppotter(m): 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
justwise:
Here is the part 5.

Part4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=58760455&redirect=%2F3941544%2Fgeneral-german-student-visa-enquiries%2358760455

I really have to thank those who stayed back to help even after getting their visas and despite their busy study and work programs in Germany.

I also have to thank those who shared their experiences right from visa journey to life in Germany as foreign students.

For newbies your German school search starts here https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/en/

The following steps will help newbies (Thanks to CassieV for the tips)

Most of the schools in Germany are tuition free even for international students, you only get to pay a certain amount as semester fees say between 100-400 euros and most times the semester fee comes with a semester ticket to aid in transportation in your city or town.
However, before you're granted a student visa, you have to prove that you can take care of your living expenses with one of the following means ;
1. Block account: The estimated living expenses for a student in a month is 720euros, when you multiply that by 12 months, you get 8640euros. This is the amount you're required to block in an already opened account with either Deutsch bank, Fintiba or Xpatrio. It is called a block account because you will not be able to withdraw everything at once, only 720euros will be released to you every month.
2. Sponsorship letter: If you have a relative living and working legally in Germany, they can get you this letter. They'll have to visit the alien office in their city and will be required to provide some documents and pay a certain fee. The letter will be sent to you when they receive it so that you can go with it for your visa interview.
3. Scholarship: This is usually the best if you have the scholarship, your visa will be granted in under 2 weeks after interview. So try and look for scholarships you can apply to.

Now that you understand the financial situation, let's go into the application process.
To search for schools, click on this link
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&fos=0&lang[]=2&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list
filter your search to make it easier, there are English taught courses there.
Generally, the very important documents needed to apply to schools in Germany are;
1. Transcript
2. English Proficiency
3. School Certificates (Degree, Waec, etc)
However, depending on the school, some other documents needed are as follows.
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Motivation letter
6. Reference letters
7. GRE test
8. Etcetera.. Visit your prospective school website and find out the documents they need from you.
Note: You don't apply with your original documents, you have to make photocopies of them and Certify them in High court or a Notary public. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the German Embassy too. You'll have to book appointment for that.
For those planning to go for a Bachelors course, you need a 100level transcript from a university to apply for a BSc program in germany. WAEC alone will not be enough and No, OND will not do, you need a HND.

For the application proper, it is always important to go through the website of the schools you want to apply to, you'll get a lot of information form there concerning how to apply. Some schools do only online applications, some requires that you send your application documents to them by post after applying online, some you send your documents as pdf to their email address and then you get the uni assist crew.
Like I said earlier, it is important to go visit and read the websites.

When you get your admission letter, open a block account immediately(that is if you don't already have a sponsorship letter) and as soon as you get your account details, send an email to the embassy requesting for a visa interview date.
You need these to get an interview date:
1. Admission letter
2. Block account/sponsorship letter/scholarship letter
3. International passport data page(scanned)
Then your Full name and Resident address.

Prepare for your interview
Go for your interview

Thanks for these info.

Please how do I transfer money to my fintiba block account? I have created the account and I have all the accounts details. Pls help a brother

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2018
Embaszy:
Good morning to all the Emeritus professors on the great thread
I'm new here but I have read alot about this thread from part one upto this new thread
I've applied to some schools in Germany but yet to get acceptance letter.
Currently I applied to University of Bayreuth to study MA in Philosophy and Economics.
Applied to University of Jena to study MSc Economics
Applied to University of Rurh Bochum to study MSc Economics but yet to acknowledge the receipt of my documents
Applied to Bielefeld University to study Quantitative Economics but yet to acknowledge the receipt of my application documents

Please if anyone here has a good experience of any or all of these school, it will be of good help for me
Thanks

I applied to Uni Bayreuth to study History and Economics,yhey said till June ending. I also applied to Bielefeld to study History,Economics and Philosophy of Science.

I am still waiting for them and i hope we can get some more time for enrolment cos visa interview is now in september.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
fluxyn:

Congrats Bro. Fau they mad. Rejected me without genuine reason. Greatness await you

Thanks bro. FAU and their rejections sha.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
Rosicky7:
Congrats bro. Go n succeed

Thanks Boss.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
dailydolar:
I am a witness to FAU bro. Go and shine in Germany

Amen.

Can't wait to say "Go to Germany and shine" to you too.

Patiently waiting for your own testimony.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ezekielidoko: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lalaski001:

TIMELINE:

Onto the next phase.

God is faithful.

Congratulation I receive my own in Jesus name
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Is this DAAD scholarship available for MSc Microbiology?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
@lalaski001 congratulations, thanks for sharing and encouraging the house. Many more of this will spring forth on this thread. Lines will fall in pleasant places for you. Success awaits you in deutscheland. God bless you real good. shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
Eldeee:
@lalaski001 congratulations, thanks for sharing and encouraging the house. Many more of this will spring forth on this thread. Lines will fall in pleasant places for you. Success awaits you in deutscheland. God bless you real good. shalom

Amen. Thanks and God bless you too Sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.