Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586432 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluyemz25: 11:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Thursday 16th August

INCREDIBLE015:

Which day did they receive your passport and insurance?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

I don't really have any document in place of bilogically old doc. Is it emphasized

You don't have school ID's
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by uchezdedon(m): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2018
Bankyproperties:
My transcript... 28.08.2018

Got to the embassy 6am and Paulinus as usual wasn't smiling,him do him matter reach my side but God pass am after every I entered for my interview...

The VO gave me a paper to read and sign which I did..it was actually about funding since I am yet to fund..
The vo looked at my docs and asked me if I worked in Guinness and I said yes.She asked so your in Rites foods now I said yes..
Vo:what school
Me:Deggendorf Institute Of Technology
VO:What Course
Me:Industrial Engineering maintenance and operation
VO:why did you choose this course
ME:It's part of my career path and relates to what I am used to doing in the industry
Vo:what do you know about Germany
Me:Germany is officially known as the federal republic of Germany.Germany is a cosmopolitan democratic country located in central Europe.Germany has a land area of 357,000sqm and shares boarders with 9 countries namely Poland,Denmark,Switzerland,Czech Republic,Austria,Belgium,Luxembourg,France and Netherlands.
Germany have one of the strongest economy in the world and the strongest economy in Europe.Germany have 16 states and capital and the capital of Germany is Berlin.Engineering,medical equipment,chemicals and the service industry are the major production of Germany.The vice chancellor is Angela merkel of the Christian democratic union(C.D.U) while the president of Germany is Frank Walter of the social democratic party of Germany.also told her the flag of Germany is black,red and gold etc..
Vo:Why Germany
ME:The educational system in Germany is topclass that combines academic learning with practical training at free/low tuition fee.German schools offer relevant and modern courses set in a safe,relaxed and friendly environment.
VO:why not Nigeria
ME:The inconsistencies in our educational system which makes a 3yr course a 6yr course
VO:Why not UK or USA
ME:tuition fee too high
VO:What do u intend to do after ur study
ME:Come back and start my own company that will provide engineering services to industries in Nigeria
VO:How have u prepared for ur studies
ME:Have contacted studentenwrk for accommodation and I have my course content,have also paid for my semester enrollment and learning the language to enable me integrate properly.
VO:How much is the semester fee
ME:€52.00
We shall contact you...

Great interview and once again thanks to u all here for ur contributions in one way or the other and I pray AM fall on us sooner than we think and those still expecting admission you will get it this week...Amen

Goodluck...

Semester fee €52.00?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2018
alicethestriver:

Masters in natural resource management at TH Koln. Are you also applying?
I think you should be quick about it as most will end around September and October.

I already applied for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt program and the deadline was July 31st.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by INCREDIBLE015(m): 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2018
Oluyemz25:
Thursday 16th August

Have you mailed the embassy about the delay? And which travel insurance did you use?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heldworld: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Chai. I have missed a lot. Never knew there's a thread like this in NL. I just stumbled on it.
I pray I can give my interview transcript and testimony here too just like others.
This is the issue; and I hope I can find solutions here.
I applied for EuroMPM in Fachhochschule Dortmund
University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Germany with the orientation that it's a tuition free masters program; of course I am well aware I'll have to pay for my living expenses, transportation costs etc. and I am ready to handle that. Not until I finally got a mail on 20/08/2018 that "The status of your online application in the university portal changed", I logged in and alas I've been offered admission.
I was extremely happy until when I got to know of "proof of financial means" for visa angry vis-a-vis when I'm expected to be in Germany and then when the course starts fully.
I received a mail that I've been admitted to the school on 20/08/2018, I'm expected to be in Germany between 1st and 30th September and course work starts fully 15/10/2018.
Looking at the proof of financial means, the duration is just too short for me to gather [€8640] about 3.5 million to open and send to a German block account...
I don't know anyone is Germany that can provide a sponsorship certificate for me to use for my visa and the duration is also too short to get a scholarship as most scholarships have already closed and the ones that are open wouldn't even meet up with the timeline
I tried to defer the admission but I got a negative response that I will have to reapply in 2019, which the admission isn't sure then.
Does anyone have an helpful opinion? I believe there must be someone here that had similar issue and was able to scale through... I'd really appreciate your candid suggestions and opinions cos this is the time I need it most.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 12:22am On Aug 30, 2018
Have u gotten visa interview appointment?
heldworld:
Chai. I have missed a lot. Never knew there's a thread like this in NL. I just stumbled on it.
I pray I can give my interview transcript and testimony here too just like others.
University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Germany with the orientation that it's a tuition free masters program; of course I am well aware I'll have to pay for my living expenses, transportation costs etc. and I am ready to handle that. Not until I finally got a mail on 20/08/2018 that "The status of your online application in the university portal changed", I logged in and alas I've been offered admission.
I was extremely happy until when I got to know of "proof of financial means" for visa angry vis-a-vis when I'm expected to be in Germany and then when the course starts fully.
I received a mail that I've been admitted to the school on 20/08/2018, I'm expected to be in Germany between 1st and 30th September and course work starts fully 15/10/2018.
Looking at the proof of financial means, the duration is just too short for me to gather [€8640] about 3.5 million to open and send to a German block account...
I don't know anyone is Germany that can provide a sponsorship certificate for me to use for my visa and the duration is also too short to get a scholarship.
I tried to defer the admission but I got a negative response that I will have to reapply in 2019, which the admission isn't sure then.
Does anyone have an helpful opinion? I believe there must be someone here that had similar issue and was able to scale through... I'd really appreciate your candid suggestions and opinions cos this is the time I need it most.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by doziej84: 12:39am On Aug 30, 2018
I have tried to access part 4 of this thread & it says its locked

who is experiencing such
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Knaruto(m): 1:43am On Aug 30, 2018
ansellotty:

UNIBEN? I studied Economics and Statistics @ UNIBEN; Class of '16. Send me a PM.
I have sent you a PM Boss man
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by agofineboy: 2:40am On Aug 30, 2018
Good morning people,

My interview is on the 6th Sep. and i havent seen any fellow going the same date to connect with.
please anyone going for interview on 6th should quote me for PM.

Question:
Someone said the VO saw that his brother is his sponsor, where is the sponsor written?

thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 5:44am On Aug 30, 2018
heybaby12:

You don't have school ID's

No I don't, Have decided to use my secondary school testimonial as bilogically old docs
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by elnasabdallah: 5:51am On Aug 30, 2018
Thanks alot for your reply..The course is 100% English.. I will wait for their response as you said..thank You
victree007:

You should wait to hear back from the embassy if that is acceptable or not. Although I haven't heard of a case like this before but let me ask, is any of your course modules going to be taken in German? If so, the embassy could be requesting for a German language certificate. However, if you are sure knowledge of German is not required then sit back and wait for embassy's feedback regarding your TOEFL.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Otunba147: 5:52am On Aug 30, 2018
johndoefoo:

When is your enrollment date?
10th September
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heldworld: 6:07am On Aug 30, 2018
Rosicky7:
Have u gotten visa interview appointment?
No, I haven't applied since I don't know which way to go with the proof of financial means as it is part of the requirements to get a visa
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 6:21am On Aug 30, 2018
OBYNOWEST12:

Please can I add you up so that you can tell me more about this scholarship..

Honestly I really don't know much about the scholarships, just use Google tirelessly to check up the various opportunities available. And you have to be very fast about. like I earlier said, also work out other means for funding your studies. All the very best. cheers
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluyemz25: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2018
I would do that now, I used AXA mansard

INCREDIBLE015:

Have you mailed the embassy about the delay? And which travel insurance did you use?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jay918: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2018
For those that have funded and even gotten AM how did you find your block account? Did you buy from. Aboki it is there another alternative?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2018
He was in room 3 on my own date (28/08/18).

dailydolar:
He was in room 4 on my own day that's 16th of august so guess they change room
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2018
What I'm about to write now is my experience and should be used as a mere guide and you can decide to follow it or not. I'll not be scrutinised for it.

The way to follow Paulinus is by being smart, quick and give him the impression you absolutely know what you're doing.
I went with my NECO and WAEC. I only intended to use my NECO because my WAEC had a wrong date of birth. Paulinus saw my WAEC lying idle and he of course used me to shine. Shouted and threatened to send me to the back. So I added the WAEC just to make him happy. Immediately I went inside, I carefully removed it. After my interview, I asked the VO must I use both WAEC and NECO? He said NO!!!!! So why would Paulinus ginger me to use both results?

Give Paulinus the impression you're on top of things. He wouldn't put eye in your matter.
Cheers and good luck.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heldworld: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2018
heldworld:
I don't know anyone is Germany that can provide a sponsorship certificate for me to use for my visa and the duration is also too short to get a scholarship as most scholarships have already closed and the ones that are still open wouldn't even meet up with the timeline.
Still expecting a Brotherly advice on the above. Thanks as you assist with your opinion
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2018
agofineboy:
Good morning people,

My interview is on the 6th Sep. and i havent seen any fellow going the same date to connect with.
please anyone going for interview on 6th should quote me for PM.

Question:
Someone said the VO saw that his brother is his sponsor, where is the sponsor written?

thanks.

Sept 6 faithful here. I know of 3 oda guyz in a what’s app group
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Winniewelsh: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2018
heldworld:

Still expecting a Brotherly advice on the above. Thanks as you assist with your opinion

Just not to rush things or put yourself in much pressure... check i you can differ the admission to summer. This will help you plan well and prepare for funding.
Or do you plan to still try out this Winter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2018
elnasabdallah:
Thanks alot for your reply..The course is 100% English.. I will wait for their response as you said..thank You
Alright that's fine then. While you are waiting for the embassy to reply you, please know that there is a saying that says "no reply or no news is good news"
In order words, if they don't reply you it means that is good news
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by alicethestriver: 8:54am On Aug 30, 2018
UbiPetrus:
I think you should be quick about it as most will end around September and October.

I already applied for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt program and the deadline was July 31st.
Yes i am finalizing it coz the deadline is 30th Sep. Do you know any alumni from these scholarships? there's some info we should know like the number of scholarships available, post study requirements, tips for success etc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by kryptonite44: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2018
God morning Fam, please can anybody one who's going for Peace and conflict or MA in international relations and global governance apply for daad scholarship?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2018
You major issue is that you cannot get a visa appointment in time to meet up with ur enrollment deadline. I will advise you defer that admission to next semester
heldworld:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heldworld: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2018
Winniewelsh:

Just not to rush things or put yourself in much pressure... check i you can differ the admission to summer. This will help you plan well and prepare for funding.
Or do you plan to still try out this Winter?

Rosicky7:
You major issue is that you cannot get a visa appointment in time to meet up with ur enrollment deadline. I will advise you defer that admission to next semester

I actually tried differing to winter, I sent a mail to that effect and this was the mail I received 2 days ago.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 9:45am On Aug 30, 2018
Thank God for His Grace.. It was a successful interview - and my wishes were granted. I was interviewed by the guy in a punk haircut. He has no problem - so easy going and reassuring.

So, I woke up by 2:54 am, six minutes before my alarm rang. I zoomed off to VI around 3:50 am. It was tough to find a parking space, and I was like "wetin be this one again?" Eventually I got a parking space opposite the Indian Embassy.

I got to German Embassy gate by 4:49, and was number two on the queue. We all lined up there until about 5:40, when we saw a slightly bald man arranging sits and stools, and giving orders to the police men - and I realised that was the Great Mr Paulinus.

He barked here and there, and all we kept saying was "sorry sir, we are sorry sir". We did all the routine security checks and sat for our turns at the Visa section - It felt like the abroad man. So I got a notification to enter the third cubicle:

Me: Good morning
V.O : Welcome to the German Embassy. So, is it for Bsc or Masters?
Me: It's for MSc please.

V.O: which school are you going to?
Me: University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart.
V.O: for which program?
Me: I'm going to study MSc International Business and Economics.
V.O: Can I have your documents please? The original and copies...
Me: Passed them through the counter, and paid for the Visa fees as well.
V.O : I need an extra passport photo please. It should be on white background.
Me: I checked my pocket and I saw passport photos in red background. (Lmao, I've been trusting my village people for being good people all these years, why would they come and fall my hand at the interview nau?) Luckily I found and extra photo. I passed it on.

V.O : why study this course in Germany, when you can actually study it in Nigeria?

Me: Actually, I've chosen to study it in Germany because no university offers it year as a joint degree, in addition, the approach in Nigeria is not interdisciplinary in context (or nature).

V.O : Why Germany and not UK, Us or Canada?
Me: Germany offers best value for education, and its universities are more affordable than those in the me too education countries. The unis in Germany are highly ranked in the World University Rankings.

V.O : why this course?

Me: I want to study this course, so that I will attain a management position in the nearest future. I want to gain skills in applying econometric methods in the solving of management problems. I will also learn how business is approached from a global perspective. It will also help me to expand my professional network.

V.O : After this course, what next?

Me: Come back to Nigeria (as if) just in time to help my company plan and strategize on how we are going to expand our business to ECOWAS nations like Ghana and Ivory Coast. I will like to be in the team that will set the plans and strategies... Furthermore, in the future, the knowledge from course will be needed, so that I can render management consultancy services to the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment, where I would give advice on how to develop strategies for enhancing Nigeria's exportation, and to give the ministry a sense of globalization. I believe that this will be my way of contributing to the country.

V.O : I hope you have a motivation letter
Me: Yes, an original and two copies, please.

V.O : Have you paid school fees.

Me: No, not yet. The uni strictly said that I should pay after I must have got a Visa.

V.O : Have you learnt German?

Me: I have not registered for a course at the institute, but have been learning online, so that when I get to Germany, I will intensify the study at any institute there.

V.O : Facts about Germany

Me: (The normal yarns. Just that I added jara in my own. I even mentioned the three seas which the rivers flow into)

V.O : is that all?

Me: (I gave a shout out to Angela Merkel, and Frank Walter Steinmeier, and the dates they assumed office, and the roles the play, then I mentioned that the President has no party)

V.O : Are you sure he has no party? I mean, if you say plays a neutral part, it doesn't mean he has no party.

Me: yes, he was in the CDU before he became president and assumed neutrality.

V.O : where did you graduate from? And which year? What have you been doing since.

Me: I graduated with a Bsc in Marketing from the University of Port Harcourt. Graduated in 2015 and convoked in 2016. I got a job as a graduate intern, until it was time for nysc, and the company retained me as an nysc staff, and subsequently gave me full time employment.

V.O : Do you have any questions?

Me: Yes. Please, I was told to bring a biometrically old document, should I submit my ID card? Oh! Here's my scratch card.

V.O : we don't need the ID card. Sign this paper and copy the email address. Once you fund a blocked account, kindly send us an email for confirmation. Henceforth, all communication will be via email. That would be all...

In addition, don't let Paulinus get to you. Be obedient and don't do what you were not asked..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by domfeyer: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2018
Sakasitay:
Thank God for His Grace.. It was a successful interview - and my wishes were granted. I was interviewed by the guy in a punk haircut. He has no problem - so easy going and reassuring.

So, I woke up by 2:54 am, six minutes before my alarm rang. I zoomed off to VI around 3:50 am. It was tough to find a parking space, and I was like "wetin be this one again?" Eventually I got a parking space opposite the Indian Embassy.

I got to German Embassy gate by 4:49, and was number two on the queue. We all lined up there until about 5:40, when we saw a slightly bald man arranging sits and stools, and giving orders to the police men - and I realised that was the Great Mr Paulinus.

He barked here and there, and all we kept saying was "sorry sir, we are sorry sir". We did all the routine security checks and sat for our turns at the Visa section - It felt like the abroad man. So I got a notification to enter the third cubicle:

Me: Good morning
V.O : Welcome to the German Embassy. So, is it for Bsc or Masters?
Me: It's for MSc please.

V.O: which school are you going to?
Me: University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart.
V.O: for which program?
Me: I'm going to study MSc International Business and Economics.
V.O: Can I have your documents please? The original and copies...
Me: Passed them through the counter, and paid for the Visa fees as well.
V.O : I need an extra passport photo please. It should be on white background.
Me: I checked my pocket and I saw passport photos in red background. (Lmao, I've been trusting my village people for being good people all these years, why would they come and fall my hand at the interview nau?) Luckily I found and extra photo. I passed it on.

V.O : why study this course in Germany, when you can actually study it in Nigeria?

Me: Actually, I've chosen to study it in Germany because no university offers it year as a joint degree, in addition, the approach in Nigeria is not interdisciplinary in context (or nature).

V.O : Why Germany and not UK, Us or Canada?
Me: Germany offers best value for education, and its universities are more affordable than those in the me too education countries. The unis in Germany are highly ranked in the World University Rankings.

V.O : why this course?

Me: I want to study this course, so that I will attain a management position in the nearest future. I want to gain skills in applying econometric methods in the solving of management problems. I will also learn how business is approached from a global perspective. It will also help me to expand my professional network.

V.O : After this course, what next?

Me: Come back to Nigeria (as if) just in time to help my company plan and strategize on how we are going to expand our business to ECOWAS nations like Ghana and Ivory Coast. I will like to be in the team that will set the plans and strategies... Furthermore, in the future, the knowledge from course will be needed, so that I can render management consultancy services to the Federal Ministry of Trade and Investment, where I would give advice on how to develop strategies for enhancing Nigeria's exportation, and to give the ministry a sense of globalization. I believe that this will be my way of contributing to the country.

V.O : I hope you have a motivation letter
Me: Yes, an original and two copies, please.

V.O : Have you paid school fees.

Me: No, not yet. The uni strictly said that I should pay after I must have got a Visa.

V.O : Have you learnt German?

Me: I have not registered for a course at the institute, but have been learning online, so that when I get to Germany, I will intensify the study at any institute there.

V.O : Facts about Germany

Me: (The normal yarns. Just that I added jara in my own. I even mentioned the three seas which the rivers flow into)

V.O : is that all?

Me: (I gave a shout out to Angela Merkel, and Frank Walter Steinmeier, and the dates they assumed office, and the roles the play, then I mentioned that the President has no party)

V.O : Are you sure he has no party? I mean, if you say plays a neutral part, it doesn't mean he has no party.

Me: yes, he was in the CDU before he became president and assumed neutrality.

V.O : where did you graduate from? And which year? What have you been doing since.

Me: I graduated with a Bsc in Marketing from the University of Port Harcourt. Graduated in 2015 and convoked in 2016. I got a job as a graduate intern, until it was time for nysc, and the company retained me as an nysc staff, and subsequently gave me full time employment.

V.O : Do you have any questions?

Me: Yes. Please, I was told to bring a biometrically old document, should I submit my ID card? Oh! Here's my scratch card.

V.O : we don't need the ID card. Sign this paper and copy the email address. Once you fund a blocked account, kindly send us an email for confirmation. Henceforth, all communication will be via email. That would be all...

In addition, don't let Paulinus get to you. Be obedient and don't do what you were not asked..

Did he give you back your passport?

I am the guy that was behind you grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2018
domfeyer:

Did he give you back your passport?

I am the guy that was behind you grin grin grin grin

Yeah he did. I suspected you were Nairaland.. Lol how was your interview? The visa officer gave me back the passport ni

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.