Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588143 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 8:21am On Jun 28, 2018
viktore:

Wish it can be done although I seriously doubt it. Checked from past NL threads. My appointment is 26th Sept. Enrollment deadline is 23rd October. Don't know my chances.
Well I think you have a month in between. If you find before interview I think you would make it before the deadline
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by iambeluchi: 8:34am On Jun 28, 2018
freakky:

Alien office is also a determinant of how fast you get your AM?? Mehn!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by iambeluchi: 8:35am On Jun 28, 2018
Mike2018:

Hello Mike, Did u fund your account before or after the interview??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2018
remasend:

Thanks so much. Can the copies be black and white or i must use a coloured Photocopy. Thanks
do you want to photocopy the certified copies again cos I don't understand your question.
Please let me use this to inform us that we should never do a coloured copy of our certified copies its a no that someone did and was successful doesn't make it the norm and moreover its more expensive than high court certification. Just my one kobo
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 8:50am On Jun 28, 2018
Paulinus is on leave oh!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Natalife: 8:56am On Jun 28, 2018
heybaby12:
Paulinus is on leave oh!!

Smile

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oma255: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2018
For those who want to use form A to fund their account, this is my experience on how I did mine.

First, I went to first Bank head office in marina by 10am on the 21/06/18 with all my required documents:
Fintiba make the transfer
Admission letter
Official living cost breakdown from my school
Bsc certificate copy
Passport data page copy
After much talk, the lady insist that i cannot use the form A as I am not sending it to the schools account. I saw this coming base on other people’s previous post, so I quickly transfer my fund to my Stanbic account as I don’t have time to waste.

After, I went to Stanbic IBTC head office close to the embassy by 12:30pm. Though they said form A is possible but the rate the banker gave me was way higher than the black market rate as of that day 429.50 euro meanwhile black market was 420 euro and charges of about #34k naira .I wasn’t convinced, so I transfer my fund again to my Zenith bank account.

Then, I arrived Zenith head office in V.I by 2pm same day. After enquiry, they said its possible that a student going to Germany even did it last week,so I became relaxed finally after the whole stress and disappointment. I filled the form with my account fully funded. I was charged a total of #10,250 Naira and the rate they used was 421.13 euro x 8829 and I got my Fintiba Confirmation exactly 5 working days from the day of transaction 27/06/18.

P.S.
When I went to Zenith head office in Ajose Adeogun v.i, they directed me to their Trade Services Department in
Zion/ Zenion building plot 2
3 floor in the same street about 6 buildings away from their head office.
I hope this helps as I did my best to break everything down. Also,this is a way of me giving back as I have benefited a lot from reading part 3 up to the current page.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2018
For those of u going for a second Bsc. Prepare to be asked why why why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2018
heybaby12:

Hmmmm. Can you help us by sharing ur transcript
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Second admission finally dropped this morning.

University of Bayreuth (Environmental Geography)

Anyone going to Bayreuth can PM me.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2018
heybaby12:

lol..why why why is a very bad question, meanwhile Bsc here hard pass Master as its all in Deutsch...anyway Goodluck guys
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2018
Oma255:
For those who want to use form A to fund their account, this is my experience on how I did mine.

First, I went to first Bank head office in marina by 10am on the 21/06/18 with all my the required documents:
Admission letter
Bsc certificate copy
Passport data page copy
After much talk, the lady insist that i cannot use the form A as I am not sending it to the schools account. I saw this coming base on other people’s previous post, so I quickly transfer my fund to my Stanbic account as I don’t have time to waste.

After, I went to Stanbic IBTC head office close to the embassy by 12:30pm. Though they said form A is possible but the rate the banker gave me was way higher than the black market rate as of that day 429.50 euro meanwhile black market was 420 euro and charges of about #34k naira .I wasn’t convinced, so I transfer my fund again to my Zenith bank account.

Then, I arrived Zenith head office in V.I by 2pm same day. After enquiry, they said it possible that a student going to Germany even did it last week so I became relax finally after the whole stress and disappointment. I filled the form with my account fully funded. I was charged a total of #10,250 Naira and the rate they used was 421.13 euro x 8829 and I got my Fintiba Confirmation exactly 5 working days from the day of transaction 27/06/18.

P.S.
When I went to Zenith head office in Ajose Adeogun v.i, they directed me to their Trade Services Department in
I hope this helps as I did my best to break everything down. Also,this is a way of me giving back as I have benefited a lot from reading part 3 up to the current page.

Chai, I used Stanbic IBTC Bank. They charged me the 34k and used 426.7 per Euro. It's all good though.

Others can learn from this.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Reichtum(m): 9:33am On Jun 28, 2018
Oma255:

First, I went to first Bank head office in marina by 10am on the 21/06/18 with all my the required documents:
Admission letter
Bsc certificate copy
Passport data page copy

Then, I arrived Zenith head office in V.I by 2pm same day. After enquiry, they said it possible that a student going to Germany even did it last week so I became relax finally after the whole stress and disappointment. I filled the form with my account fully funded. I was charged a total of #10,250 Naira and the rate they used was 421.13 euro x 8829 and I got my Fintiba Confirmation exactly 5 working days from the day of transaction 27/06/18.

P.S.

May God bless you for this info.
Success is yours bro

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 9:33am On Jun 28, 2018
People should apply more into Hochschule e go make life easier cuz University Level and Hochschule Level no be same.. even Germans dey run from Uni into Hochschule....(Make unahh no get me wrong no be matter of who get two head or who know book pass, nahh just reality here)
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yobaby: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Transcript! Transcript!!

Arrived by 5:15am. I was the third. The fair mopol man informed was that Paulinus started his live today. A new calm man would attend to us when the time comes.

So 4 people for student visa. The new man was so sweet and we were now late for our interview. We sat down inside the main building.

The first and second person entered their VO rooms. I entered mine.

VO: please your documents
Me: Yes please
VO: How much did you find?
Me: .......
VO: Name of course and why the course?
VO: Are you married? Marriage certificate and any child,birth certificate pls.
VO: Do you speak German? Yes or No please
Me: No.
VO: A Masters program or B. SC?
Me: Masters
VO: When did you graduate and name of university?
Me: ............
VO: What did you do after Bachelor's degree?
Me: ......
VO: Why another masters/B.Sc?
Me: defend it to the core oh.....
VO: Why this course in Germany?
VO: Why not any English-speaking country?
Me: ........
VO: Tell me about Germany.
Me: good to know names of scholars and not only in your field.... Music, poetry etc.
VO: Where is the state located in Germany?
Me: don't remember
VO: Tell me about the state.
VO: Any question for me?
Me: ....hmmmm

Thank you.. if any questions, or information about the visa, we would get back to you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oma255: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Reichtum:

May God bless you for this info.
Success is yours bro

Amen! I am a girl though. smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 9:54am On Jun 28, 2018
Yobaby:
Transcript! Transcript!!

Arrived by 5:15am. I was the third. The fair mopol man informed was that Paulinus started his live today. A new calm man would attend to us when the time comes.

So 4 people for student visa. The new man was so sweet and we were now late for our interview. We sat down inside the main building.

Me: good to know names of scholars and not only in your field.... Music, poetry etc.

Thank you.. if any questions, or information about the visa, we would get back to you.

Fair questions i would say,.. during my time there was this old German lady who conducts interview as if she is quarreling..dont know if shes still there..

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 28, 2018
Oma255:

Admission letter
Bsc certificate copy
Passport data page copy

P.S.

Thanks for this piece. I was wondering if any of zenith bank's branch office could render this service...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dreyman26: 10:02am On Jun 28, 2018
fluxyn:

Na wah I applied last week Friday and got 27 sept as interview date with oct 1 enrollment deadline. Na wah ooo

It is well bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2018
Oga, I think say Hochschule na the same as university and Fachschule was the polytechnic kinda thing?
princejck:
People should apply more into Hochschule e go make life easier cuz University Level and Hochschule Level no be same.. even Germans dey run from Uni into Hochschule....(Make unahh no get me wrong no be matter of who get two head or who know book pass, nahh just reality here)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2018
Yobaby:
Transcript! Transcript!!

Nice transcript. Thanx for sharing
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Rosicky7:
Oga, I think say Hochschule na the same as university and Fachschule was the polytechnic kinda thing?

Hochschule and Fachochschule re same but university is entirely different.

Example Hochschule/Fachhochschule offer Bachelor of Engineering and University offer Bachelor of Science as degree.
So their not the same thing..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 10:24am On Jun 28, 2018
Yobaby:
Transcript! Transcript!!

Sorry to ask, are you going for another msc or bsc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chrisb2r200: 10:25am On Jun 28, 2018
Oma255:

Admission letter
Bsc certificate copy
Passport data page copy

P.S.

I don't understand this zenith o...I did mine with their branch office in ikeja. On Monday I was charged #250 and #5000 respectively. But since then I haven't gotten any alert or confirmation. Please is that how u were charged too??
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 10:34am On Jun 28, 2018
princejck:

lol..why why why is a very bad question, meanwhile Bsc here hard pass Master as its all in Deutsch...anyway Goodluck guys

My course is in English
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by freakky(m): 10:34am On Jun 28, 2018
princejck:

Hochschule and Fachochschule re same but university is entirely different.

Example Hochschule/Fachhochschule offer Bachelor of Engineering and University offer Bachelor of Science as degree.
So their not the same thing..

Hochschule/Fachhochschule are what will call universities of applied sciences..... They major more on practicals and direct application they don't give PhD degrees unlike the University
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yobaby: 10:40am On Jun 28, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

Sorry to ask, are you going for another msc or bsc

Masters
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 10:47am On Jun 28, 2018
Yobaby:

Masters

Goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by femo86(m): 11:33am On Jun 28, 2018
BrudaShaggi........Any quesion for the day

..............Oyibo say 'Expression is the act of expressing yourself properly, Tank you

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oma255: 11:40am On Jun 28, 2018
Tayerulz:

Thanks for this piece. I was wondering if any of zenith bank's branch office could render this service...

Yes they should, but will advise you go to big branches as most small branch barely have much information on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ppotter(m): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2018
Sakasitay:
How many days does it take to open the blocked account?
. Two days or less depending on the time of the day you applied and uploaded all the required documents for verification. I used fintiba and I received my opening confirmation letter within a day and half.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.