Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (587691 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bawz007: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2018
The deadline for international masters in geoscience is November 30. Can I have your WhatsApp number? So we can text abeg
Benifbond:

I never had any interview with Dem, relax be optimistic. Deadline just passed 3 days ago, they will still contact u.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 19, 2018
Hello guys pls i need urgent info.I just completed a professional masters degree in engineering in nigeria and am interested in working in germany as there are lots of enginnering jobs there.Ive been searchng for engineering jobs in germany online and get many daily engineering jobs update.Is it possible to get enginnering jobs in germany from nigeria here? and if yes whats the process like and how long before being approved visa.Also is there any way one can travel for professional skill training in germany in order to increase chances of getting jobs there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=Fabcol post=72869074]
Most of the schools in Germany are tuition free even for international students, you only get to pay a certain amount as semester fees say between 100-400 euros and most times the semester fee comes with a semester ticket to aid in transportation in your city or town.
However, before you're granted a student visa, you have to prove that you can take care of your living expenses with one of the following means ;
1. Block account: The estimated living expenses for a student in a month is 720euros, when you multiply that by 12 months, you get 8640euros. This is the amount you're required to block in an already opened account with either Deutsch bank, Fintiba or Xpatrio. It is called a block account because you will not be able to withdraw everything at once, only 720euros will be released to you every month.
2. Sponsorship letter: If you have a relative living and working legally in Germany, they can get you this letter. They'll have to visit the alien office in their city and will be required to provide some documents and pay a certain fee. The letter will be sent to you when they receive it so that you can go with it for your visa interview.
3. Scholarship: This is usually the best if you have the scholarship, your visa will be granted in under 2 weeks after interview. So try and look for scholarships you can apply to.

Now that you understand the financial situation, let's go into the application process.
To search for schools, click on this link
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&fos=0&lang[]=2&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list
filter your search to make it easier, there are English taught courses there.
Generally, the very important documents needed to apply to schools in Germany are;
1. Transcript
2. English Proficiency
3. School Certificates (Degree, Waec, etc)
However, depending on the school, some other documents needed are as follows.
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Motivation letter
6. Reference letters
7. GRE test
8. Etcetera.. Visit your prospective school website and find out the documents they need from you.
Note: You don't apply with your original documents, you have to make photocopies of them and Certify them in High court or a Notary public. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the German Embassy too. You'll have to book appointment for that.
For those planning to go for a Bachelors course, you need a 100level transcript from a university to apply for a BSc program in germany. WAEC alone will not be enough and No, OND will not do, you need a HND.

For the application proper, it is always important to go through the website of the schools you want to apply to, you'll get a lot of information form there concerning how to apply. Some schools do only online applications, some requires that you send your application documents to them by post after applying online, some you send your documents as pdf to their email address and then you get the uni assist crew.
Like I said earlier, it is important to go visit and read the websites.

When you get your admission letter, open a block account immediately(that is if you don't already have a sponsorship letter) and as soon as you get your account details, send an email to the embassy requesting for a visa interview date.
You need these to get an interview date:
1. Admission letter
2. Block account/sponsorship letter/scholarship letter
3. International passport data page(scanned)
Then your Full name and Resident address.

Prepare for your interview
Go for your interview

[/b]Would advise u read from part one[b]

Hi, can I get clarification on "certified copies"?
And does the motivation letter have to be handwritten?
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dolpaz: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2018
Vuso:
Hello guys pls i need urgent info.I just completed a professional masters degree in engineering in nigeria and am interested in working in germany as there are lots of enginnering jobs there.Ive been searchng for engineering jobs in germany online and get many daily engineering jobs update.Is it possible to get enginnering jobs in germany from nigeria here? and if yes whats the process like and how long before being approved visa.Also is there any way one can travel for professional skill training in germany in order to increase chances of getting jobs there.

Frankly speaking, Getting an engineering job from Nigeria is tough but doable. Alot would have to be considered.

First, you need to have good working experience with verifiable projects. For a German company to employ you from naija means they have not gotten any application from people within and around EU, hence the reason why they are considering your application. What makes it more challenging is the fact that the company have to go through the Job center (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) to register your coming, prepare the documents and give you a contract WITHOUT knowing what your deliverables are. I hope you get this.

Now, lets assume you have a contract, the dangerous part of the work visa applicant is that if the auslander/embassy rejects your visa application, you could also receive a ban for some number of months...(Yet to verify this though) so look through and weight your option. I'm not saying people dont get jobs from Nigeria. At least, I know 3 guys that came for IT jobs.

Moreso, you need to have a certain level of german language to help you with settling down.

Lastly, you can't use a conference/visit visa to work because its a short term thingy.

For you to work, you need a TaxID, Renten (Social insurance) which will never be given to a short stay visitor..

My advice, if you have the resources, apply for a student, integrate into the soceity and when you get a job here, you can change your permit to working visa.

I hope I'm able to communicate.

Gemeinsam sind wir starke

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dolpaz: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2018
dreyman26:

Hey boss,
Can you pm.
Tried to pm you but isn't going through..
I need you to help me clarify an issue.

try again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuddysambo: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello guys,
I am green here.
Have read through the ppsts here.
I have been admitted by RWTH Aachen to do an Msc in applied geosciences for summer 2019.
My issues is with booking a date for the visa interview.
Please can someone help me with tips as the booking sustem always shows an error response.

Secondly my declaration of age was done by my dad in a Customary court. Is a customary court acceptable or must i use a higher court? And also would my dads passport be needed on the declaration.
Please sorry if i disturbed. I am just new here.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chy73(f): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
chuddysambo:
Hello guys,
I am green here.
I have been admitted by RWTH Aachen to do an Msc in applied geosciences for summer 2019.
Please can someone help me with tips as the booking sustem always shows an error response.

Secondly my declaration of age was done by my dad in a Customary court. Is a customary court acceptable or must i use a higher court? And also would my dads passport be needed on the declaration.
Thank you.
Congrats ooo. Can't wait for mine, I tap into your success story biko

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Neyeko: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
Obinnalex:

German admission is the hardest. Germany is not like UK or USA, that once you have the money to pay fees they will sharply admit you. Even if you have a low grade. But to get into a german university, you need a good grade. German Universities are tuition free that’s why people all over the word apply to Germany and admission is difficult due to the high number of applicants.
Especially if you are applying for a course that is highly in demand. Why do you think many people go for bachelors instead of masters, its all because of not being able to get admitted for a masters course.

People tend to apply for a course that is not highly in demand and not related to their bachelors all because they want to leave Nigeria.

So please don’t say getting admission in Germany is easy, it’s actually the most difficult and very stressful process.

I want to know how exactly your friend was scammed, someone help him/her to get admission and all the processes associated with admission. They both agreed on a payment and the person fullfilled his side of the bargain by getting your friend an admission. So please explain how exactly is it a scam ?
It will be a scam when your friend doesn’t get admission and the agent is asking for the money, that is when you will say its a scam.

Your friend is very wrong by not paying up the money. She is lazy for not trying to start from page one of this page to know how to apply and get admission cus all the information needed is here and alot of people are willing to help her for free but she decided to follow the easy way out by paying someone to help her. So it’s definitely her fault and she is wrong for not paying up the agent.

The process involved in getting admission in germany is very stressful. We all know it. Am in Berlin now and i know what i went through to be here. I know how many rejection letters i got b4 getting admission. Unlike UK that will immediately give you admission so you can waste your money on them.

Tell your friend to do the needful and pay up. She wasn’t scammed. Someone did all the stressful work for her and she got admission. I wonder how you will call that a SCAM. If it was in Germany, your friend will be arrested for breach of contract because this was an agreement and the agent did his part. She should bear the cross and pay up and i hope others will not be as lazy as her and learn to do things themselves.

SO PLEASE DONT SAY GETTING GERMAN ADMISSION FOR A COURSE YOU REALLY WANT IS EASY. BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW ITS NOT EASY.

GOdbless

I just want to say that this is not even close to being true. I've gone to school in America, Canada and Germany. I processed all the admissions by myself. And I can tell you now that America has the most complicated restrictive process. Canada is simpler and Germany is the most straightforward. I started and finished my application within one week of the deadline. Got admission, booked my appointment, funded my account and did everything that needed to be done (without reading the almighty Nairaland thread that you are using to insult someone). You don't even know anything about the person and you have the gall to call them lazy? You need to get off your high horse. just because you read one thread on the internet you think you are more diligent than the person in question? You can help people without insulting them.

As for the scam. If I sell a loaf of bread for N50000 and my neighbor sells it for N50 and we bought it for N20 you will call that business shey?
Have you never heard of business ethics? There is a margin of profit that is acceptable, after that it becomes exploitation. It's because of people like you that this country is falling to pieces. You applaud 'smart' people that take advantage of others and call it 'business' then you cry when politicians make life hard for the common Nigerian.
Guess what, that's just 'business' too.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good day Everyone.

please is there anyone here enrolled at[b] Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau[/b]

pls, it is urgent.

Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ralphosondu: 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
samajayi1:
Anybody here going to University of Münster?

Will I be the only Nigerian in that school?
Pls I need company o
Hello!
I will be coming to Münster too sometime next week. Have you sorted out your accommodation? I don’t have accommodation yet. Can you be of help to give me a soft landing in Munster?
Pm me please.
Danke
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
chuddysambo:
Hello guys,
I am green here.

Thank you.

You can do it at any law court... Your dad's photo must be there

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
I have a declaration of age don my my mum cause ma Dad iz late buh there iz no passport there, it was done in 2011, wld it be accepted? Or Do I have to do a new one because I av laminated this one no way to attach passport
Ndkings1:

You can do it at any law court... Your dad's photo must be there

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KamsyIvy: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Generous222:
I have a declaration of age don my my mum cause ma Dad iz late buh there iz no passport there, it was done in 2011, wld it be accepted? Or Do I have to do a new one because I av laminated this one no way to attach passport
I’d advise you to go do a new one. With passport and all. I did mine today.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
I am in Lagos now... Lagos stuff too dey high... Like How much would I spend
KamsyIvy:
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by olenime(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello great minds,
I certified my documents in Ikeja for 200/page early this year, I guess I was slapped oh, can I get it cheaper than this in Ikeja? I need to certify more pls.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dankeschon:
I thank God for everything.

A lil advice for all who'll be heading to Deutschland in future:
Pls and don't come here on weekends, or better still don't leave Nigeria towards weekend (like Thursday or Friday); I really hear pepper.

I left our dear country on Thursday, missed my flight on transit, and had to spend an entire day at Turkish Airport (btw Turkish Airport is the most bubbling of all international airports I have been to).
All my funds were in my luggage, as well as my cards, so I was stranded, so I couldn't buy a new ticket, couldn't buy food, couldn't pay for Airport hotel, and couldn't go into town either. Thank God my phone was charged and credit loaded, so I called home (calls rates from here are crazy high), they bought a new ticket, which would leave the next day evening, but I was still stranded in terms of food and shelter. Thank God for a Nigerian woman I met at the Airport, she lived in Europe, was stranded too, but had no means of communications, she heard me blurting my local vanacular on Phone and pleaded to use my phone, which I gave her. We spent the next 24hrs in that Airport, she bought my meals twice, that's how I survived those 24hrs. Turkish Airport is alive 24hrs, it's like The Palms and Leisure Mall in one place, food and drinks everywhere; this 'livelyness' really helped me, there was never a dull moment.

I finally arrived here Friday night, slept at the closest hotel to the airport; I thought I could get into town, but when I got out of the airport doors, the freezing cold didn't even let me think correct. I was just shouting "Hotel, Hotel, Hotel" to all the Taxi men there. One of them finally pointed a hotel to me, and I ran like a mad man into the hotel.
I left for my town the next day hoping to settle into my accomodation. Lo and behold, my people, Saturday and Sunday here is like National Election day in Naija, you won't even see anyone outside, not to talk of paying for accomodation. The only places open are Train stations, Malls, and Petrol stations.

So I "jejely" lodged into another hotel, this time for two nights, till Monday, (the cold here alone wont allow u spend a minute outside). Thank God I came with my Dollar card, it has been so so helpful. My account officer also told me our Naira cards also works abroad, but I've not tried it yet, I don't want any embarrassment, and someone will start looking me one-kind-eye. Germany is a cash society, so I advise you come here with cash; I came with cash also, but only use it when they insist it must be cash. All my train Tickets were bought with my Card; my cash(€) is very "sacred", it rarely comes out.

Pls also try learn a lil Deutsch, cos if your case was like mine, hmmmmm.
I missed my stop in between train stops, but thank God, I had Deutsch upto B1, so I could ask for simple directions.

My advice(s) in summary;
1.Leave on a Sunday,Monday, or Tuesday (at worse Wednesday), except u have your accomodation already sorted out and settled.
2.Load your Nigerian line, as much as you can; this saved my 'life'.
3.Pls hold some Euros, no matter how small, you can never tell (me myself, I never believed that all the things that have happened to me these past four days could ever happen to me)
4.Just a lil Deutsch, even if it is "Guten Tag", or "Hallo".

So lemme now ask my question:
Pls and pls to those who have unblocked their Fintiba Account, how long does this take??
I opened an N26-Black Account(it comes with a monthly charge) back in Nigeria, and they've even sent my card, but I wasn't around to pick it, so it was returned. What else do I need to unblock my account? And how long exactly will it take?

I heard they don't speak English

Please
Bro, what are the challenges you are facing due to language barrier??

This is shit scares me a lot.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2018
olenime:
Hello great minds,
I certified my documents in Ikeja for 200/page early this year, I guess I was slapped oh, can I get it cheaper than this in Ikeja? I need to certify more pls.

If you Sabi haggle u.... U can do it for 50 per page

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
KamsyIvy:

How much, where and what are the things you went with.... Please answer cos many people have asking this question.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Calamari: 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
@dolpaz. I pm you again. Try reply

dolpaz:

try again
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by LaifMedia: 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good day guyz.

Nice information rolling out here.

Please, do we have anybody here that applied for Ph.D in germany or currently taking is doctorate degree in germany?

I applied to IMPRS in association with Technical University Dortmund for Cell and Molecular Biology, Please when should i expect response from them and how do they conduct their interviews?

Thank You
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Uche9: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
chuddysambo:
Hello guys,
I am green here.

Thank you.

Yo bro. Wow! Same uni, same course. Congrats on ur admission. As for the booking, was trying for a while but kept seeing that message but I got info from here to try around midnight btw 11pm and 1am i.e. keep refreshing the page. I tried it on Saturday, nothing, buh to the glory of God, I succeeded yesterday. U could try this also. Not to say u shudnt do it within the day as well tho. No need to panic bro - u'll get a date soon. Just be very alert. All the best and hope to see u in Aachen next summer!�

P.S. my advice for u as a newbie: be very active on this platform - nearly all the info u need is here!

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KamsyIvy: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Generous222:
I am in Lagos now... Lagos stuff too dey high... Like How much would I spend
I did mine in Ph....paid 1500h
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KamsyIvy: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ndkings1:

How much, where and what are the things you went with.... Please answer cos many people have asking this question.
I did mine in PH for 1500h. Go with your Father‘ or Head of family passport photograph and your ID
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rousel(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hi e-fam, I need directions to where I can do Notarization of credentials in Kaduna at an affordable price.. was at the High court today but was told they don't give the seal only stamp.. Pls kindly help!!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2018
chuddysambo:
Hello guys,
I am green here.

Thank you.
congrats..did u write gre?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by okpala95(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
Been a while people.

How una dey?? grin grin grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
[quote author=Mystique20 post=73107342][/quote]
The letter of motivation for university application can be typed but the one for visa application should b handwritten

For documents certification: make photocopies of all the documents you would be sending by post and take this photocopies along side the originals to either a court, a notary public or the embassy for certification

N/b: you would be certifying the photocopies not the original
N/b: if you choose to go to a notary public or high court, ensure they include a seal
N/b: certification at the embassy is free but at a notary public or court you would pay a fee

For embassy certification; you will need book an appointment, then also go with the photocopies and originals with also the [/b]university application form[b] . https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/verification-of-nigerian-documents/1015552 for detailed information about certifying at the embassy..

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dankeschon:
I thank God for everything.

A lil advice for all who'll be heading to Deutschland in future:
Pls and don't come here on weekends, or better still don't leave Nigeria towards weekend (like Thursday or Friday); I really hear pepper.

I left our dear country on Thursday, missed my flight on transit, and had to spend an entire day at Turkish Airport (btw Turkish Airport is the most bubbling of all international airports I have been to).
All my funds were in my luggage, as well as my cards, so I was stranded, so I couldn't buy a new ticket, couldn't buy food, couldn't pay for Airport hotel, and couldn't go into town either.

My advice(s) in summary;
1.Leave on a Sunday,Monday, or Tuesday (at worse Wednesday), except u have your accomodation already sorted out and settled.
2.Load your Nigerian line, as much as you can; this saved my 'life'.
3.Pls hold some Euros, no matter how small, you can never tell (me myself, I never believed that all the things that have happened to me these past four days could ever happen to me)
4.Just a lil Deutsch, even if it is "Guten Tag", or "Hallo".

So lemme now ask my question:
Pls and pls to those who have unblocked their Fintiba Account, how long does this take??
I opened an N26-Black Account(it comes with a monthly charge) back in Nigeria, and they've even sent my card, but I wasn't around to pick it, so it was returned. What else do I need to unblock my account? And how long exactly will it take?

I need to ask here, how and why did you miss the connecting flight? If it was that your flight from naija arrived late or for whatever reason, all you needed to have done is go to the Turkish Airline customer desk and explain to them. They would normally book you on the next flight out free of charge. If the next flight is still some hours away, they even give meal tickets that you can use to get food at the food stands in the airport. Such experiences abound on this thread (part 2 and 3).

Your naija bank cards will also work anywhere for withdrawals (rates might not be nice).

Never put your cash and cards in your main luggage. Have them in your carry on or wallet (that's its purpose). Immigration can't force you to part with nothing. It is your money and you are not father Christmas.

Planning is key when travelling to a new environment. Google map is your friend. Ask people the best way to get to where you need to be and let them know if you are coming on a weekday or weekend. Transportation frequency differs. Staying a hostel is quite expensive and so should be avoided unless you have absolutely no where to stay.

Why N26 black card? Been using N26 for up to 2 years and see zero value in the black card other than just gifting the bank money when the regular account does everything one needs.

No matter the type of question you have please ask. Better to ask and get varying responses you can learn from than to learn from your own mistakes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuddysambo: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thanks bro. This is my number 08134335598. Pls add me on whatsapp lets plan together.

Yo bro. Wow! Same uni, same course. Congrats on ur admission. As for the booking, was trying for a while but kept seeing that message but I got info from here to try around midnight btw 11pm and 1am i.e. keep refreshing the page. I tried it on Saturday, nothing, buh to the glory of God, I succeeded yesterday. U could try this also. Not to say u shudnt do it within the day as well tho. No need to panic bro - u'll get a date soon. Just be very alert. All the best and hope to see u in Aachen next summer!�

P.S. my advice for u as a newbie: be very active on this platform - nearly all the info u need is here![/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.