Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588165 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fadareodolapo: 11:36am On Jun 29, 2018
Dammy112:

Bielefeld says they won't start processing documents until deadline which is July 15th.

yes ooo
have you sent your document to the school.....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fadareodolapo: 11:41am On Jun 29, 2018
GeneralBahdGuy:

1) German Embassy.
2) Any Court of law but preferably High court or Appeal Court.
3) A notary public

abeg, shey na
1)photocopy or original i go stamp on
2) is it compusory i also do same to admsission form sent from the school that am to sign and post.
tanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2018
fadareodolapo:

abeg, shey na
1)photocopy or original i go stamp on
2) is it compusory i also do same to admsission form sent from the school that am to sign and post.
tanks

1) photocopy
2) you don’t certify admission form
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by RalphVwede(m): 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
Oma255:
For those who want to use form A to fund their account, this is my experience on how I did mine.

First, I went to first Bank head office in marina by 10am on the 21/06/18 with all my required documents:
Fintiba make the transfer
Admission letter
Official living cost breakdown from my school
Bsc certificate copy
Passport data page copy
After much talk, the lady insist that i cannot use the form A as I am not sending it to the schools account. I saw this coming base on other people’s previous post, so I quickly transfer my fund to my Stanbic account as I don’t have time to waste.

After, I went to Stanbic IBTC head office close to the embassy by 12:30pm. Though they said form A is possible but the rate the banker gave me was way higher than the black market rate as of that day 429.50 euro meanwhile black market was 420 euro and charges of about #34k naira .I wasn’t convinced, so I transfer my fund again to my Zenith bank account.

Then, I arrived Zenith head office in V.I by 2pm same day. After enquiry, they said its possible that a student going to Germany even did it last week,so I became relaxed finally after the whole stress and disappointment. I filled the form with my account fully funded. I was charged a total of #10,250 Naira and the rate they used was 421.13 euro x 8829 and I got my Fintiba Confirmation exactly 5 working days from the day of transaction 27/06/18.

P.S.
When I went to Zenith head office in Ajose Adeogun v.i, they directed me to their Trade Services Department in
Zion/ Zenion building plot 2
3 floor in the same street about 6 buildings away from their head office.
I hope this helps as I did my best to break everything down. Also,this is a way of me giving back as I have benefited a lot from reading part 3 up to the current page.

Thanks for this. Please did Zenith require the official breakdown from your school eventually?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2018
mimikyute:
Plz I need clarification
If a school asks for certified copies of your documents does it mean they want to grant you admission.. Thank you

Not at all, it means they want to be sure of the authenticity of your documents.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Embaszy:

I applied for admission 15/06/2018
Got response 21/06/2018
Receive acceptance letter 28/06/2018.
Just keep praying

Bro, did you applied through Uniassist or you sent your documents as a single PDF file via email?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Fustinachichi:
My 1cent. ...when u are asking for visa interview date, tell them to give u the earliest possible date because u will like to attend the orientation....It worked for me, so try it

It actually has no effect since it's a first come, first serve booking system. So if you apply, you get the earliest available booking slot, with the exception of the Sept 20th slot which was allocated to others having been skipped before.

Normally, those booking for appointment with Abuja address get dates about 2 weeks away, unlike Lagos which you get dates 2-3 months away
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MaroCruz(m): 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
chosenwan1:
Please I need help. I applied for a winter semester course and considering how difficult it is to get interview appointments during this period. I was considering my option in applying for a student applicant visa, which allows you apply for a short term visa. I am not sure if this is applicable for Nigerian applicants but they said it could be done in the uni-assist confirmation letter. Please who knows about this? danke!

It is not applicable to Nigeria. The German Embassy doesn't give Student Applicant Visa here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
Please I got a mail from Bayreuth university about my GRE general test score. Please what does it mean?

1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
ansellotty:

I sent in my application yester9t for M.A History and Economics Programme. They are yet to acknowledge receipt of my application. Did u received any response when you submitted yours?
Yea I applied on Tuesday just got a reply from them today Friday... But they are asking for GRE general test score... Don't understand what t means
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
Embaszy:

Got response 21/06/2018
Just keep praying
They just replied me, they are asking for GRE general test score... Please I don't understand what that means
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dwali386: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2018
Embaszy:

Got response 21/06/2018
Just keep praying
Just got a mail from Bayreuth they are asking for GRE general test score.. Please what does that mean?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
dwali386:

Just got a mail from Bayreuth they are asking for GRE general test score.. Please what does that mean?

Did you apply to any other schools cuz Bayern is complicated with admission requirements..even they don’t accept some certificate from other German state.

But if you need info to GRE just google Hamm it’s just some general standard test for graduate students.

Goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kishkosh: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Fustinachichi:
My 1cent. ...when u are asking for visa interview date, tell them to give u the earliest possible date because u will like to attend the orientation....It worked for me, so try it

Boss , pls. I sent you PM
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by shasha112: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2018
Submit both the notification and the admission letter.

Embaszy:
Please is there anyone here that got admission to university of Bayreuth and has also applied for student visa. I need a guide from you please
I am confused on which of the two documents sent to me to be attached with my application.

08060845211 if possible I will appreciate your chat or call
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kishkosh: 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
MaroCruz:

It actually has no effect since it's a first come, first serve booking system. So if you apply, you get the earliest available booking slot, with the exception of the Sept 20th slot which was allocated to others having been skipped before.

Normally, those booking for appointment with Abuja address get dates about 2 weeks away, unlike Lagos which you get dates 2-3 months away

Pls , how do u book for appointment with Abuja address ?

I'm to resume September 15 and I already booked with my printed email notification of admission, passport data page and finitiba account opening. I sent the mail to student@lago.diplo.de since Tuesday and I haven't gotten any response. Someone should pls make me understand
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by savio93(m): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
dwali386:
Please I got a mail from Bayreuth university about my GRE general test score. Please what does it mean?

It means you have to write GRE.

I applied to Bayreuth and got admission without GRE OR IELTS sef.
It all depends on your course.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Winniewelsh: 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2018
Kishkosh:

Pls , how do u book for appointment with Abuja address ?

I'm to resume September 15 and I already booked with my printed email notification of admission, passport data page and finitiba account opening. I sent the mail to student@lago.diplo.de since Tuesday and I haven't gotten any response. Someone should pls make me understand

What's the address on your Admission letter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kishkosh: 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Winniewelsh:

What's the address on your Admission letter?

It's LAGOS address . But my admission letter has not even been sent . I was only sent a notification of admission via email

What options are available for me pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Swithoni: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
ansellotty:

I sent in my application yester9t for M.A History and Economics Programme. They are yet to acknowledge receipt of my application. Did u received any response when you submitted yours?

I applied since March to the same program and they haven't reached me. I sent mails and they kept saying I should be patient that the next round of application reviews will be done by June ending and they will get back to me after that so I guess we should look at next week.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2018
smoothvee:

It’s non restricted... and it wasn’t showing formally approved before. Was only showing formally checked and when I wrote them they said my documents where complete and was now being considered by the appropriate body.. just yesterday it switched to formally approved. So I don’t know if it’s positive.
if its Bremen then you have been admitted just write them or wait for your admision letter

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
dwali386:

Yea I applied on Tuesday just got a reply from them today Friday... But they are asking for GRE general test score... Don't understand what t means

It seems you applied for pure Economics. They require Graduate Record Examinations(GRE) test results for the course. That was the sole reason I didn't put in for that programme.

GRE is a standardized exam organized by the Education Testing Service (ETS). ETS also administers the TOEFL exams.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
ansellotty:

It seems you applied for pure Economics. They require Graduate Record Examinations(GRE) test results for the course. That was the sole reason I didn't put in for that programme.

Which school be that? Them too fast !!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sakasitay:

Which school be that? Them too fast !!!!

Bayreuth University
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Swithoni:

I applied since March to the same program and they haven't reached me. I sent mails and they kept saying I should be patient that the next round of application reviews will be done by June ending and they will get back to me after that so I guess we should look at next week.

Wow!

Thanks bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
ansellotty:

Bayreuth University

what programme?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by swisster: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
smoothvee:

It’s non restricted... and it wasn’t showing formally approved before. Was only showing formally checked and when I wrote them they said my documents where complete and was now being considered by the appropriate body.. just yesterday it switched to formally approved. So I don’t know if it’s positive.
it is a positive news o. my own has been lyk this for ova two weeks now.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
ansellotty:

Bayreuth University

They require both the application portal and uniassist.... Time is running..
Or the uniassist didn't apply to yours?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Knaruto(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Embaszy:
Join me to celebrate as the Lord has finally picked my call put through to University of Bayreuth this morning.
I have been offered admission to study MA philosophy and Economics.

I pray the remaining ones should dropped ASAP.
Bayreuth new intake in the house should let hook up

Thanks to all great Nairalanders here. Though I'm new in this thread. But I will appreciate your further coach as regards the remaining steps
boss plz what did you study in your First Degree?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sakasitay:

They require both the application portal and uniassist.... Time is running..
Or the uniassist didn't apply to yours?

I sent my application documents as a single PDF file to a specific email address, as directed on the course page.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
Sakasitay:

what programme?

M.A. History and Economics

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Winniewelsh: 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
Kishkosh:

It's LAGOS address . But my admission letter has not even been sent . I was only sent a notification of admission via email

What options are available for me pls

They would need the admission letter to actually reply you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.