Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586494 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by keleto(m): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2018
IAmPhiL:
fine, densely populated, so yeah they're right when they said they need more people here
We're just 2 Nigerians in my campus, the other campus at Pfarrkirchen has many of them.

Am looking towards that sch. Hope you work? How the language barier
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by keleto(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
heybaby12:

That's a slow pace

Hello heybaby. The germany language thin ehn. I tried studying with the training video's i downloaded from youtube. After 10 mins,my eyes come dey turn me.
I dont know how to go about learning the language.
I dont want to make application if i dont have at least basic knowledge of the language---- cos of job search over there.

@heybabe,pls i sent you pm.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by keleto(m): 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2018
Berliner1:

Just laughing here about bavaria...where at the TUM fanatics?
Only one state with dramatic auslanderbehorde(foriegners office) and weirdo Uni...

My advice, learn basics German upto A2...look for mini job and face your studies 100%....look for internship or work student....dont com here for courses that are not marketable....during summer...work full time to save...prepare for life after studies....linkedin...xing etc.
Employers dont employ based on university ranking here....this is not UK or USA...dont come here for MBA as well...if one school is difficult transfer your credit to another uni.

God bless our hussle..

Pls sir,i just pm you.want to ask some personal questions
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by basitd: 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
Hello all,
Any tech related individual in the house?

I want to know how easy it is to get a programming related job in Germany. Most likely a work study program and what stack is most preferable
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lexxydoo: 12:21am On Dec 17, 2018
M
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Immafrank: 12:45am On Dec 17, 2018
lexxydoo:
Hi everyone, I’ve been trying to get interview date for a week now, no luck! Is there something else I can do instead of waiting till midnight everyday
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 1:01am On Dec 17, 2018
Hi,
I don't know if my advice will work for the german language but being a polyglot, I'd suggest you start learning the languages via things you love. It could be listening to music in said language, seeing movies or documentaries with subtitles at first, until you learn some basic words. The whole idea is to ease into learning the language and not feeling like you're in school. I'd also suggest you make online friends who speak German, it'll help with practice. Lastly, get an offline translator and try doing translations of words you as a person uses often, I know it's a little more difficult learning a new language as an adult but you'll be fine I'm sure.

keleto:

Hello heybaby. The germany language thin ehn. I tried studying with the training video's i downloaded from youtube. After 10 mins,my eyes come dey turn me.
I dont want to make application if i dont have at least basic knowledge of the language---- cos of job search over there.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 1:17am On Dec 17, 2018
Hi house!

Life sure throws different curves at us, what matters is how you deal with the situations it's brings.
I started following Nairaland a few weeks ago by accident, I was searching for some answers about the German visa documentation process and requirements when I stumbled upon this site.

I decided to continue, I mean we learn everyday so why leave when I can meet people with real life experiences I can ask questions as they arise?
Last week I asked if anyone was interested in helping me get an appointment date as I wasn't sure I'd be able to stay up, due to work stress and a few people reached out to.
I finally got one who asked for payment and decided that his phone would go off afterwards.

After that, I just thought to put my experience out here so anyone willing to read it, would be wiser than I was, I wasn't expecting the response I got!

So many emails offering to help, and to each one of them, I'm really grateful. Today, I woke up to an appointment confirmation email, booked by someone I've NEVER met, but who felt helping me was worth staying awake for. Thank you everyone that reached out in any way.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mexzony: 2:42am On Dec 17, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

Hi bro, what do you wanna know about the school
I already sent you a mail with my questions. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chimax1(m): 5:05am On Dec 17, 2018
lexxydoo:
M
did you get a date?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by IAmPhiL(m): 6:29am On Dec 17, 2018
keleto:

Am looking towards that sch. Hope you work? How the language barier
yh I work, language barrier is no problem, but you'd thrive more if you understand and can communicate at least a little. Its been helpful so far.

Wat course are you coming for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys,
I keep saying I'll post this but I forget. I've seen a few posts about problems getting to move admission or enrollment dates, The ilmenau university of technology admission letter covers two academic years, i.e if you get admission for summer semester 2019, it's still valid for winter semester that year, summer and winter semester 2020. Hopefully this helps someone!

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DwayneGy(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2018
IAmPhiL:
fine, densely populated, so yeah they're right when they said they need more people here
We're just 2 Nigerians in my campus, the other campus at Pfarrkirchen has many of them.
Applied for mechatronics & cyber physical systems. Still waiting on them.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by 4evaurs: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2018
KingyKing:

Hey, hello smiley

Please I need to contact you asap.
I have sent you an email kindly respond as soon as you can. Its really urgent Bro, thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajeleseujn(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2018
keleto:

Try to have passion for it cos you can't do without it.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ajeleseujn(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2018
Mystique20:
Hi guys,
I keep saying I'll post this but I forget. I've seen a few posts about problems getting to move admission or enrollment dates, The ilmenau university of technology admission letter covers two academic years, i.e if you get admission for summer semester 2019, it's still valid for winter semester that year, summer and winter semester 2020. Hopefully this helps someone!

Good heart

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by joshuabless: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Mystique20:
Hi house!

Life sure throws different curves at us, what matters is how you deal with the situations it's brings.
I started following Nairaland a few weeks ago by accident, I was searching for some answers about the German visa documentation process and requirements when I stumbled upon this site.

I decided to continue, I mean we learn everyday so why leave when I can meet people with real life experiences I can ask questions as they arise?
Last week I asked if anyone was interested in helping me get an appointment date as I wasn't sure I'd be able to stay up, due to work stress and a few people reached out to.
I finally got one who asked for payment and decided that his phone would go off afterwards.

After that, I just thought to put my experience out here so anyone willing to read it, would be wiser than I was, I wasn't expecting the response I got!

So many emails offering to help, and to each one of them, I'm really grateful. Today, I woke up to an appointment confirmation email, booked by someone I've NEVER met, but who felt helping me was worth staying awake for. Thank you everyone that reached out in any way.
Someone like you deserve even more, you have been so helpful in the thread. God bless you real good

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
lilfreezy:
I'm thinking about about TU KAISERSLAUTEN, but it seems nobody thus far in this thread apppied for the school. Is it that the city is difficult to leave in or something? Please somebody should touch this so I can make my decision

They already sent out rejection and acceptance letters two weeks ago. I know two friends who got. What's your question about them
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2018
erny11:
Is it advisable to apply for masters (summer 2019) in a school that has Jan 15th as its deadline? Meanwhile, the application is via Uniassist

Uniassist takes about 4 weeks,i won't advice you to.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by joshuabless: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Greetings great minds.
Please who is currently in RU Bochum I need some clarity on something
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by IAmPhiL(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
DwayneGy:

Applied for mechatronics & cyber physical systems. Still waiting on them.
when you get your admission. Let me know!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DwayneGy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
IAmPhiL:
when you get your admission. Let me know!
Sure, I'll boss. Thanks

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lilfreezy: 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
Kenechill:

They already sent out rejection and acceptance letters two weeks ago. I know two friends who got. What's your question about them

OK thanks. I'm going for next winter admissions. I just want to know about the city I.e cost of living and job availability. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mexzony: 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
Kenechill:

Uniassist takes about 4 weeks,i won't advice you to.
Hmm that's wierd. Don't the schools know how uniassist works. But one can apply this month Na.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by heybaby12(f): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
keleto:

I guess I am the worst with languages.
While learning in nigeria I was always sleeping in class. But since I have gotten here it's gotten better.i am actually surprised.
Increase your interest and you would be fine.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sarahgold53(f): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
Good afternoon fam,
Please who else is applying to uni seigen this summer for msc human computer interaction?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mexzony: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sarahgold53:
Good afternoon fam,
Please who else is applying to uni seigen this summer for msc human computer interaction?
Have been looking at this course too. Anyone in Germany doing this human computer interaction? Wanna know what it's like.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mexzony: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
Also anyone studying in fulda university of applied science.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by zuperyh8: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
Here is a little advise. This is how I am learning German.

Firstly and most importantly, you have to be determined and have a positive mindset towards learning German.

Then, start with Duolingo app. It teachs the basics in repetitive style, which helps you build confidence and helps with retention. So you don't easily forget what you have practiced.

Via YouTube videos (learn German with Jenny or any other) learn the alphabets, umlauts, phonetics, it helps to improve your pronounciations. Learn the numbers. In addition to YouTube videos, I use a textbook; Deutsch Als Fremdsprache: Themen Aktuell 1. If you can get it do.
Download a German - English Dictionary. ( I use DE -EN Dictionary).

By now you should be slightly confident and understand basic German. Move on to movies or TV series with or without translation. (I download the ones with German subtitles, wierd right!, It helps build my reading and listening skills) start with Mein Weg Nach Deutschland. I also watched Deutchlander 83. All of these help you understand the culture and will help you think like them.

Another great website to learn German is www.deutschakademie.de, you learn vocabulary, short phrases, conversation and Grammer.

FYI, Duolingo doesn't explain or teach the rules of German Grammer, so when you get confused consult YouTube, there are lots of resources that provide clear explanation. Easy German is a very resourceful YouTube channel, watch their videos!(

Lastly, here is what I have realised so far in the last four months of my self tutoring, it is easier to develop reading, listening and writing skills. As for speaking, I think I will learn faster and better when around native speakers.

All the best!

keleto:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by MOTOPARK: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
hello gurus
please how much is DHL and FedEx at German embassy.and how does It operates because I lived in keffi street Awolowo, lkoyi.what to know distance influence the price.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by zuperyh8: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
You can if your docs and payment can get to them in good time. If the course you are applying for is not restricted you may get response as soon as possible
I applied to such through uniassist and received response from uniassist 2 weeks later, got response from the school a week later!

erny11:
Is it advisable to apply for masters (summer 2019) in a school that has Jan 15th as its deadline? Meanwhile, the application is via Uniassist

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5