Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586917 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by shasha27: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2019
its good to be back after being knocked out on nairaland for almost 4months. wat i do gan self

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuddysambo: 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2019
My Transcript
Admission letter : October 20 2018
Interview date : January 15 2019

Arrived embassy by 5.30 am ( i came early abeg... i no wan give village people chance at all).
I waited in the car park till about 6.45 am. Then i went to line up.

IT WAS THEN THAT VILLAGE PEOPLE STRUCK
..................................�������

As i was listening to Paulinus' hoarse voice as he verbally molested one unfortunate girl, a small voice told me to count my visa fee.
I counted 21 pieces of one thousand naira notes.
21k!!!
What happened to the balance?

I started sweating like a
sallah ram.

Paulinus was saying 'any more student visa applicant?"

It was then that i RAN.
Like an olympic gold medallist.
...to the nearest ATM and withdrew the balance.

Pickpockets or careless money handling wasn't going to undo me.

When i returned to the queue i was wet all over with profuse sweating and Paulinus was still abusing that poor girl.

He sent the girl back and i took her place sharp sharp... no time.

Documents checked and a rare ugly smile from paulinus and i was let in.

Room 2.
Nice guy welcomed me with a smile.

Correct!!!

After the usual docs check and biometrics he asked me if i was married.
No
Are you sure?
Yes sir, i am single
Any children?
No
Are you sure? Even if illegitimate?

Dude i know where i shoot my shot... if i get pikin i would know nah�.

Why Germany?
Why not US or UK?
What are your plans after studies?(here i looked noble and answered as if Nigeria's problem was mine to solve alone)
Tell me about the city?
Tell me about Germany?
Title of Undergraduate Thesis?
( he typed everything)
Any question?
Hands me my passport.
We would get back to you soon.

P.S: Paulinus is not that bad. He just reminds me of our oldschool fathers and their tough love. Just have your docs (original +2 copies) as stipulated in the checklist and be fast when he calls them out for you.

We were only 3 students for student visa. I saw about 1000 people in front of the US embassy.

I am now in waiting mode.
Baba God over to you now!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eaze66: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2019
Victory is yours broda
chuddysambo:
My Transcript

Arrived embassy by 5.30 am ( i came early abeg... i no wan give village people chance at all).

As i was listening to Paulinus' hoarse voice as he verbally molested one unfortunate girl, a small voice told me to count my visa fee.
21k!!!

sallah ram.

It was then that i RAN.

When i returned to the queue i was wet all over with profuse sweating and Paulinus was still abusing that poor girl.

Room 2.

Correct!!!

No
Are you sure?
Yes sir, i am single
Any children?
No

Why Germany?
Why not US or UK?
What are your plans after studies?(here i looked noble and answered as if Nigeria's problem was mine to solve alone)
Tell me about the city?
Tell me about Germany?
( he typed everything)
Any question?
Hands me my passport.

P.S: Paulinus is not that bad. He just reminds me of our oldschool fathers and their tough love. Just have your docs (original +2 copies) as stipulated in the checklist and be fast when he calls them out for you.

We were only 3 students for student visa. I saw about 1000 people in front of the US embassy.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2019
chuddysambo:
My Transcript

21k!!!

sallah ram.

It was then that i RAN.

Room 2.

Correct!!!

No
Are you sure?
Yes sir, i am single
Any children?
No

Why Germany?
Why not US or UK?
Tell me about the city?
Tell me about Germany?
( he typed everything)
Any question?
Hands me my passport.

grin grin grin grin grin @bolded.
Omo, see experience shocked

AM will arrive very soon.
Which school did you get admission to? What course?
Are you using BA or SL?

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Evie95: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
ajeleseujn:
Anybody at university of kassel-economic behaviour and governance? please holla

Hi, did you apply to the university? If yes, have you heard back from them? I applied in November, still waiting for admission.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Evie95: 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2019
fluxyn:
Hey all. Been a while. This is just to motivate everyone here. Don’t give up. I started reading up on NL by March which was when I decided to come to DE. Renewed passport, applied for school, got rejections and later got admission to Kassel to study the course I wanted.

Interview went well, collection of visa became wahala with 2 extension gotten from my school, old passport was stamped and then I had to wait for process again while mailing school and alien office with good response and support from them. Naija embassy frustrated me but all in all. I got my visa, am in DE, missed 3 days of lecture but I am to the pace now.
We are Nigerians and can pick up. It’s safe here and everything works

Ps. Delete your torrent app before coming here as this can get you a fine of 950 euro or more.

Be focused don’t give up and please you all should read.
This forum has too many information. All you need is here. Stop asking what school
Let this site be your friends
Master portal
Daad.de
GOOGLE.
You can ask few things from the visa stage but all in all my advice is put effort and you will come out great.
I have met people here that used agent and got courses they don’t want and now they don’t even know how to apply. I explained in my little way but told them I can’t start applying for you here. All man busy for him own lane. All blacks that see you will greet you. We r minority and always happy to see someone of your skin colour ( for my city) I am always available to give little info I can. Am just a month in DE. One love guyz
Hi, I applied to Kassel university in November through Uniassist. Please how long does it take to get the admission?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2019
Yesterday made it exactly 6 weeks since my interview for student visa.

Yet to hear from the embassy. Anybody also waiting for this long?.

I’m heading to cologne.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
techgeek290:
Yesterday made it exactly 6 weeks since my interview for student visa.

Yet to hear from the embassy. Anybody also waiting for this long?.

I’m heading to cologne.
You are just repeating and posting this issue all over every German thread, calm down na, it will all be positive after every delay. I don't even see this lingering til Friday.
Goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by amahbrain(f): 2:59pm On Jan 19, 2019
Admission: 20th November 2018
Interview Date: 18th January 2019

I stayed up writing two copies of my LOM and slept at 1:00am.
So I woke up at about 4:00am and made my way to VI. Got to the Embassy at 5:50am. I and a lady I met there with her son were told to come back when it was 30 minutes to our interview time (7:00am). So I left to the park (where I photocopied two copies of my LOM and stapled some documents. Paulinus will help staple, regardless. I got back to the Embassy at 6:20am. There, the MPs checked my passport and appointment letter then issued me in.

We were about 4 persons for student visa. Surprisingly, family reunion visa applicants were called before student visa. I usually see that students are issued in first. In my mind, I was like "Yea. My case is different, and it's all working for my good. It's intentional!"

Let's fast forward to where the much talked about Mr. Paulinus came in singing a praise song. After attending to about 4 family reunions, people for student visa were called. Of course, Mr. Paulinus was being strict and all. I was first in line for the student visa but ended up entering third cause I had trouble finding certain documents. "Omo, it's intentional. All for my good", I kept saying. I’d advice you have both photocopies behind your originals to easily reach it when he calls for any. I don’t know if there’s a checklist, but just give Mr. Paulinus what he asks for. Anyways, I was directed to the waiting room and waited for about an hour before it got to my turn.

Room 3
I went in and smiled at the lady.
Me: Good morning ma'am.
VO: Good morning. (Inaudible)
Me: Sorry I didn't get that...
VO: Pick up the phone.
I did.
VO: what are you going for?
Me: Study
VO: Student visa
Me: Yes Ma'am.
VO: Have you funded?
Me: No Ma'am, not yet.
VO: When?
Me: Soon
VO: Well, I hope you do so you don't miss this admission. Sign this form... If you don't fund, you might be rejected. As it it, time is far spent.
Me: Yes ma'am. Will do. In my mind I said "Well, Heavenly Father, I have done my best. It's all you now.
VO: Where in Germany are you going?
(I'm just going to go on and list the questions I remember being asked)
VO: What's the name of the school? (This question was asked trice in different times)
VO: Did you attend any language school or take the German exams?
VO: What did you study for your undergraduate degree?(This was asked more than once also)
VO: What was the topic of your B.Sc thesis?
-Why do you want to study this course?
-Tell me what you know about Germany?

“That will be all", she said after naming just a few points. I felt like I could have gone on and on. I had prepared for this...
At the point where I mentioned the name of the Federal President, she asked that I spell "Steinmeier" I did and she nodded. Occasionally, she'd kindly interrupt me to ask that I take it slow as she was typing my words. I'll always smile and "Alright, I'm sorry ma'am"

That pretty sums it up. I wasn't asked about my course module(I had everything I was going to study each semester in my head). I wasn't asked about what I know about my school (I had mentioned something about the campuses somewhere else), I wasn't asked about what I knew about the state or anything (I had mentioned the political party, Minister-President and Federal minister of Interior elsewhere).

Then lastly I was asked what I plan to do after the degree. I was asked the full meaning of the abbreviation I had given of an International NGO in Nigeria I'd like to work with.
She then went on to say I will be contacted when they hear from the school, Alien Office and when they get my block account confirmation.

I don't know why it went that way or why the questions were seemingly basic, but I know it's all for my good and that the name of God be glorified. I was nervous though but one could hardly tell that I was tensed. All you'll see is a bold, outspoken person.

So, Just be yourself, breathe and relax. Read up, and don't cram. You could forget stuff after being a little shaken before your interview. The answers are there in your mind when you read and so when you're asked, your brain just tells your mouth what to say.

Mr. Paulinus is just strict and disciplined. I think he is nice though. He is just principled and that's a good thing and rare to find. I mean that's why the job is his' and no one else's, right? Just do what he asks... Not what you think. What he asks... To avoid being sent to the end of the growing queue. You should be fine if you grew up with a strict parent and used to all the gra gra but know there’s care and concern behind all that. Tough love!

Well!! Now on to the next level... Let's see how this goes. I can only pray and hope something good comes out of all these. And I pray it goes even better for others who haven't done theirs yet. Amen. Tchuis!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2019

Room 2.

Correct!!!

Oga Pauli, that smile of approval gave you the nodding and all your sweat dissapeared overnight. lol

The visa officer, that guy on punk right, correct guy. you are good to go men.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DemigodZeus147(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2019
amahbrain:
Admission: 20th November 2018
Interview Date: 18th January 2019

I stayed up writing two copies of my LOM and slept at 1:00am.
So I woke up at about 4:00am and made my way to VI. Got to the Embassy at 5:50am. I and a lady I met there with her son were told to come back when it was 30 minutes to our interview time (7:00am). So I left to the park (where I photocopied two copies of my LOM and stapled some documents. Paulinus will help staple, regardless. I got back to the Embassy at 6:20am. There, the MPs checked my passport and appointment letter then issued me in.

We were about 4 persons for student visa. Surprisingly, family reunion visa applicants were called before student visa. I usually see that students are issued in first. In my mind, I was like "Yea. My case is different, and it's all working for my good. It's intentional!"

Let's fast forward to where the much talked about Mr. Paulinus came in singing a praise song. After attending to about 4 family reunions, people for student visa were called. Of course, Mr. Paulinus was being strict and all. I was first in line for the student visa but ended up entering third cause I had trouble finding certain documents. "Omo, it's intentional. All for my good", I kept saying. I’d advice you have both photocopies behind your originals to easily reach it when he calls for any. I don’t know if there’s a checklist, but just give Mr. Paulinus what he asks for. Anyways, I was directed to the waiting room and waited for about an hour before it got to my turn.

Room 3
I went in and smiled at the lady.
Me: Good morning ma'am.
VO: Good morning. (Inaudible)
Me: Sorry I didn't get that...
VO: Pick up the phone.
I did.
VO: what are you going for?
Me: Study
VO: Student visa
Me: Yes Ma'am.
VO: Have you funded?
Me: No Ma'am, not yet.
VO: When?
Me: Soon
VO: Well, I hope you do so you don't miss this admission. Sign this form... If you don't fund, you might be rejected. As it it, time is far spent.
Me: Yes ma'am. Will do. In my mind I said "Well, Heavenly Father, I have done my best. It's all you now.
VO: Where in Germany are you going?
(I'm just going to go on and list the questions I remember being asked)
VO: What's the name of the school? (This question was asked trice in different times)
VO: Did you attend any language school or take the German exams?
VO: What did you study for your undergraduate degree?(This was asked more than once also)
VO: What was the topic of your B.Sc thesis?
-Why do you want to study this course?
-Tell me what you know about Germany?

“That will be all", she said after naming just a few points. I felt like I could have gone on and on. I had prepared for this...
At the point where I mentioned the name of the Federal President, she asked that I spell "Steinmeier" I did and she nodded. Occasionally, she'd kindly interrupt me to ask that I take it slow as she was typing my words. I'll always smile and "Alright, I'm sorry ma'am"

That pretty sums it up. I wasn't asked about my course module(I had everything I was going to study each semester in my head). I wasn't asked about what I know about my school (I had mentioned something about the campuses somewhere else), I wasn't asked about what I knew about the state or anything (I had mentioned the political party, Minister-President and Federal minister of Interior elsewhere).

Then lastly I was asked what I plan to do after the degree. I was asked the full meaning of the abbreviation I had given of an International NGO in Nigeria I'd like to work with.
She then went on to say I will be contacted when they hear from the school, Alien Office and when they get my block account confirmation.

I don't know why it went that way or why the questions were seemingly basic, but I know it's all for my good and that the name of God be glorified. I was nervous though but one could hardly tell that I was tensed. All you'll see is a bold, outspoken person.

So, Just be yourself, breathe and relax. Read up, and don't cram. You could forget stuff after being a little shaken before your interview. The answers are there in your mind when you read and so when you're asked, your brain just tells your mouth what to say.

Mr. Paulinus is just strict and disciplined. I think he is nice though. He is just principled and that's a good thing and rare to find. I mean that's why the job is his' and no one else's, right? Just do what he asks... Not what you think. What he asks... To avoid being sent to the end of the growing queue. You should be fine if you grew up with a strict parent and used to all the gra gra but know there’s care and concern behind all that. Tough love!

Well!! Now on to the next level... Let's see how this goes. I can only pray and hope something good comes out of all these. And I pray it goes even better for others who haven't done theirs yet. Amen. Tchuis!

Please kindly list the documents Mr. Paulinus asked for. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2019
I’m kinda worried bro. I used BA sef sad
Chriswazo:

You are just repeating and posting this issue all over every German thread, calm down na, it will all be positive after every delay. I don't even see this lingering til Friday.
Goodluck
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
Eldeee:

Room 2.

Correct!!!

Oga Pauli, that smile of approval gave you the nodding and all your sweat dissapeared overnight. lol

The visa officer, that guy on punk right, correct guy. you are good to go men.

Congrats

Eldeee what's this? Your interview transcript or ....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
congratulations @ chuddysambo and amahbrain.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
techgeek290:

BA and you are worried, except your enrollment deadline is too close
Oga like Heybaby12 advised, keep yourself busy with going to market to buy your needed resources, just d pack up cos I'm already seeing you in Germany.

If you d worried, I no know wetin I go call my own sef grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2019
Chriswazo:

Eldeee what's this? Your interview transcript or ....

was just trying to quote chuddysambo but network just dey struggle with my phone as if say him buy the phone for me.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2019
techgeek290:

Have you gotten accommodation, if not, that should be your primary source of concern not this.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2019
Eldeee:

was just trying to quote chuddysambo but network just dey struggle with my phone as if say him buy the phone for me.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy, I come d wander if you d dream-type.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2019
mrsmba5:
Are there Futo students here that applied for Msc through uni-assist.

madam, FUTO and their many wahala. it's well, I understand what you seem to be going through. Do you know what, use another tactics to get what you want.

Now this is it, send your transcript to either poly nekede or imsu or even alvan, depending on the one you can easily have access to. It will be as though you are applying to these schools for a job or masters. Go to the department you are sending it to, meet the HOD, explain to him or her what your mission is and let them know you will come to pick it up as soon as it is forwarded to them. But make sure you follow it up at FUTO biko, if possible grease their palms to help you facilitate it sharp sharp.

After getting it, photocopy it, then certify the photocopies you have. Take note each page must be stamped and signed.

Hope this helps

All the best, cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
Chriswazo:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy, I come d wander if you d dream-type.

Hahahaha, Alice never reach wonder land oooo, the last time I checked. still dey dream sha.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2019
Eldeee:

Hahahaha, Alice never reach wonder land oooo, the last time I checked. still dey dream sha.
grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by happystep(m): 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2019
Thanks to God Almighty. Admission letter into Potsdam University, Astrophysics has been marked good for me yesterday

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2019
Hello all, I'm still on page 357; trying not to miss important information as I pour through the thread. I commend the contributors, its been quite fascinating and revealing.

I decided to opt for Deutschland after been shown sweet love twice at the US embassy last year for two different semesters with multiple admissions & tuition waivers (even with a promise of graduate assistantship which I understand isn't the same as already having the offer at hand)

Like I mentioned earlier I poured through the thread, I've been to Daad.de, uni-assist and to respective prospective schools' websites. I've been able to shortlist 8 schools and I've submitted an application to one already (online).

Here's my challenge; i'm using Uni-assist for five schools whose portals for winter applications are not yet available hence I don't have access to their applications to be able to print them as a supporting document for certification at the embassy. I've only been able to print one and I need to certify at least three sets of documents. Can I go to the embassy with one school's signed application form and expect them to certify more than one set of documents? I'm ready to go on Monday if I can get a reply to this. I've come to understand that time is very essential when it comes to German applications and I'd very much like to be on the timely side.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
happystep:
Thanks to God Almighty. Admission letter into Potsdam University, Astrophysics has been marked good for me yesterday

Congratulations bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2019
Adhheir:

Here's my challenge; i'm using Uni-assist for five schools whose portals for winter applications are not yet available hence I don't have access to their applications to be able to print them as a supporting document for certification at the embassy. I've only been able to print one and I need to certify at least three sets of documents. Can I go to the embassy with one school's signed application form and expect them to certify more than one set of documents? I'm ready to go on Monday if I can get a reply to this. I've come to understand that time is very essential when it comes to German applications and I'd very much like to be on the timely side.

Only one set of document will be signed for you per application form you bring...
If you still have some time, you can chill for the others to be opened.

Alternatively, if you don't have much time, you can take the sets you need urgently to Ikeja high court (I presume you stay in Lagos) for certification.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
Congrats to @chuddysambo and @amahbrain as you both await your AM.

@chuddysambo transcripts was comical though.
I'm wondering, with the line of questioning by the VO:
are u married? are u sure? do u have kids? even if ....?
Na crime for family man to try attempt a German study visa from Naija?
Comments welcomed.
Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2019
School already have accommodation for me, I’m going for Bsc too.
Eldeee:

Have you gotten accommodation, if not, that should be your primary source of concern not this.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by techgeek290: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
Yours is how long now?.
Chriswazo:

BA and you are worried, except your enrollment deadline is too close
Oga like Heybaby12 advised, keep yourself busy with going to market to buy your needed resources, just d pack up cos I'm already seeing you in Germany.

If you d worried, I no know wetin I go call my own sef grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2019
Deustchemann:

Thanks a Millie

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DrND(m): 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2019
Elders in the house I salute all. Please who knows the list of documents the alien office will request from your sponsor when he/she is applying for SL.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2019
Adhheir:
Hello all, I'm still on page 357; trying not to miss important information as I pour through the thread. I commend the contributors, its been quite fascinating and revealing.

I decided to opt for Deutschland after been shown sweet love twice at the US embassy last year for two different semesters with multiple admissions & tuition waivers (even with a promise of graduate assistantship which I understand isn't the same as already having the offer at hand)

Like I mentioned earlier I poured through the thread, I've been to Daad.de, uni-assist and to respective prospective schools' websites. I've been able to shortlist 8 schools and I've submitted an application to one already (online).

since you are applying for winter, and i think a good number of the schools are yet to commence, I will advice you chill first. Now take some time to check out what each school demands as it regards certification of documents, write them down to avoid mistakes, then make adequate plans. Moreover monitor when admission will commence and send yours as quick as possible. some schools give admissions on rolling basis.

All the very best

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
Eldeee:

All the very best
Thanks for your benevolent inputs. I have done just that. In truth, my goal is immediately they open their portals, my application will be the first thing that pops...lol.

Hopefully I'll still make decent timing. The course is NC in some of the schools.

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.