Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586424 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DrND(m): 7:28am On Jan 23, 2019
johnmattew:
I went to make enquiry about form A in 2 banks,zenith and first bank today.suprisingly, zenith bank said form A exchange rate is 347 per euro while first bank said 407.both banks are located in Ikeja......I thought form A rate were equal

See the post

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DrND(m): 7:29am On Jan 23, 2019
DwayneGy:

I experienced same thing. Zenith told me #352/euro in Benin. Go to their HQ to confirm, I was surprised. Tho a friend of mine who works there said they get majority of the forex released by CBN into the country.

And this too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2019
Hello everyone. Did anyone apply to University of Gottingen for the M.Sc/Ph.d molecular biology this winter 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2019
Phew! shocked Finally read it all to the current page... Overwhelming task to say the least but very rewarding. I can assure you of zero questions or anxiety if you could also undergo the task except you need time conscious interventions. Germany's tertiary application & admission is relatively straight forward. The major challenge is that many schools do not run online applications, the certification and the postal thing. Its normal for any prospective institution to request for proof of preceding experiences except you're attending elementary school.

All questions that could arise have been answered except for some peculiar cases which one doesn't pray to be in. The dynamic questions should be the ones about accommodation and funding where the exchange rate fluctuates and better offers could arise so I'd implore we please keep an open mind and not get tired of helping, when we see people repeat questions.

Bsc/Msc admission application cannot be as engaging as attending the school and studying the course itself. So if we've decided to go through the educational path we should be ready to give it all and start as early as possible. Whatever is worth doing at all; is worth doing well!

I thank every contributor, all your contributions even your arguments are invaluable.

With the warmest regards
Adheir.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 7:51am On Jan 23, 2019
DrND:

Yes oh I saw the post too. One said a zenith bank in Ikeja offer the rate of 347 naira per euro. While the other person confirmed it and said a zenith bank branch in Benin sells at the rate 352.

I have been trying to laying hold on such rate here, ve not seen.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 8:00am On Jan 23, 2019
I was able to compile this, I hope it helps.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2019
Adhheir:

God bless you bro.

I believe the issue of past transcript for those preparing for interview is solved now.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2019
Adhheir:
Phew! shocked Finally read it all to the current page... . Whatever is worth doing at all; is worth doing well!

I thank every contributor, all your contributions even your arguments are invaluable.

With the warmest regards
Adheir.

It's good you devoted time to read. You can see you'll have just a few questions to ask later on.
Welcome to the thread.

What school and course are you applying for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 8:40am On Jan 23, 2019
Jackto365:
Hello everyone. Did anyone apply to University of Gottingen for the M.Sc/Ph.d molecular biology this winter 2019

Yes, I applied.
You did?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mrkenz: 8:46am On Jan 23, 2019
Kings1622:
Please can someone help me on this question?

I am going to the embassy for my interview because I apply for a language school in Germany and the gave me a certificate which I will use to apply for my visa

Can someone help me with the questions that will be asked on the day of the interview
I am really cautious about it

Hi King,

I also got admission with a language school in Germany but am still trying to book an appointment for interview.

Kindly reach out on : kckenz&gmail.com, so we can share both information and any detail we might have.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 8:57am On Jan 23, 2019
Deustchemann:

Yes, I applied.
You did?
Please... Have you been notified on the interview date
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 9:19am On Jan 23, 2019
Thank you
Msc: Chemical/Process safety & Environmental Engineering.
Or
Bsc; Industrial Engineering (no English masters)

Schools: Münster & OVGU Magdeburg (chemical)...
TUHHamburg, HTW Dresden, BTU Cottbus, OVGU Magdeburg (process safety and/or Environmental).....Rhine-waal Kieve & Deggendorf IT (Industrial)

Yours?

Deustchemann:

It's good you devoted time to read. You can see you'll have just a few questions to ask later on.
Welcome to the thread.

What school and course are you applying for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Buliwyf: 9:34am On Jan 23, 2019
Jagabanbaby:
This is serious bro. And normal Aboki rate is 410. So what's the use of the Form A

For some reason, this made me laugh so hard this morning.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fabiosmart: 9:36am On Jan 23, 2019
heybaby12:

So if you get a parcel from the German embassy and you where never asked for health insurance and passport.. Sorry that's a rejection, they just sent back ur original documents.
But if it's after the AM then it's good news.

Bye for now exam starts today.
One luv.

Expecting to read more good news when I return.

All the best to you and our other Ogas there,

Make una do finish come give us past questions

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jackto365: 9:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Deustchemann:

Yes, I applied.
You did?

Yes, I applied... I'm still waiting for the interview shortlist
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DrND(m): 10:08am On Jan 23, 2019
Please anyone with info on a bank that uses the cbn rate which is between 347 to 360 naira per euro for funding of block account should drop the info here.

Your info will be much appreciated and will really cut the funding expenses.

Thank you in advance
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aque(m): 10:14am On Jan 23, 2019
Reichtum:

You guys should remember that DHL have student discount.
This is applicable if the recipient address is school address. I don't know of uni assist.
I sent my application last year for about 13k.
Actually met a DHL guy yesterday, here in Ibadan. He said it costs 10k to send to Germany and it takes 2 days.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by erny11: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2019
Chriswazo:

I have been trying to laying hold on such rate here, ve not seen.
For real, CBN form A should not be over 360. Is on CBN website. These banks are crooks and are doing form A with black market FX rate

Exactly! They keep extorting people
The question is how then can we get forex using form A at CBN rate?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by flouxpar: 10:22am On Jan 23, 2019
Adhheir:

This is a good one Adhheir, big kudos to you. I was thinking of doing something like this but I had to stop because of the time factor. I was thinking of doing something like a FAQ app but I will need people who can go through all of the threads and index the questions and the answers just like Adhheir has done for interviews. This will help a lot of new comers. Anyone intrested in helping out, PM me. I am sure Adhheir is already on board.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2019
erny11:

Exactly! They keep extorting people
The question is how then can we get forex using form A at CBN rate?

Don't know bro, na Govt people d benefit d subsidy for Nigeria, #fact
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Jagabanbaby: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2019
Buliwyf:

For some reason, this made me laugh so hard this morning.

Your reason. Probably we can laugh together. Was at the bank this morning and I can confirm no difference between Aboki rate and Form A.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:52am On Jan 23, 2019
Jackto365:

Please... Have you been notified on the interview date

I just received a mail that my application will not proceed to the next stage...

cry cry so sad mehn.
The program is extremely competitive..
But then, man will push forward noni.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2019
Adhheir:

Thank you
Msc: Chemical/Process safety & Environmental Engineering.
Or
Bsc; Industrial Engineering (no English masters)

Schools: Münster & OVGU Magdeburg (chemical)...
TUHHamburg, HTW Dresden, BTU Cottbus, OVGU Magdeburg (process safety and/or Environmental).....Rhine-waal Kieve & Deggendorf IT (Industrial)

Yours?

Wawu.. well done bro.
I'm applying for life science courses: Biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, Neuroscience and co.
And quite a number of schools- Göttingen, Bonn, Bremen, Jena, Saarland, Erlangen, Regensburg etc
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2019
Jackto365:

Yes, I applied... I'm still waiting for the interview shortlist

Did you receive their mail?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Deustchemann(m): 10:54am On Jan 23, 2019
Aque:

Actually met a DHL guy yesterday, here in Ibadan. He said it costs 10k to send to Germany and it takes 2 days.

I'm also in Ibadan.. can I contact you?
I should be using DHL soon
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Buliwyf: 11:16am On Jan 23, 2019
Jagabanbaby:

Your reason. Probably we can laugh together. Was at the bank this morning and I can confirm no difference between Aboki rate and Form A.

Was actually thinking of doing the Form A route before because it was supposedly cheaper being at 360 plus a little. Now I think the only thing that will make me do form A is the convenience of using the money in my bank account directly.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aque(m): 11:44am On Jan 23, 2019
Deustchemann:

I'm also in Ibadan.. can I contact you?
I should be using DHL soon
Nice. No problem big man.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by simplylekan45(m): 12:41pm On Jan 23, 2019
DrND:
Please anyone with info on a bank that uses the cbn rate which is between 347 to 360 naira per euro for funding of block account should drop the info here.

Your info will be much appreciated and will really cut the funding expenses.

Thank you in advance

I don't think you can get one

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56