Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586444 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by vinlyreeks(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2019
hebrahyzzle:

Good evening guys, am new here, I already went tru daad.de . I want to proceed for my masters but I don't have a block(ed) account or someone that can help with a letter of sponsorship so I can proceed with my admission process. I will really appreciate opinions and if possible get some help with the letter of sponsorship.

Thanks in advance

If I may say, you sound like you really don't understand the blocked account of a thing and the SL why cos you stated that you don't have a blocked account and you are also wishing someone from here maybe give you SL

1. You don't need to have a blocked account to apply for admission you only get one opened when you finally get your admission letter so blocked account is not what you just have for having sake. On opening the block account you fund it with 8926€ or so before or after your visa interview...

2. About the SL and what I have read so far it can only be given to you by someone willing to sponsor your education and lives in Germany so if you are looking for SL here Mmmmhhh...

My advice just keep money for your blocked account or if you have some relative living in Germany you can talk to him or her to see if he can be of any help via the SL
You can equally scout for scholarships tho
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ifyalways(f): 9:26am On Jan 30, 2019
Sam8850:
THANKS A LOT! I checked immediately I saw your message and got for Friday Feb 1 grin.
You're welome. smiley

@Kelechii,thank you too.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SyberKate(f): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2019
Deustchemann:

@bolded, there's a scope I've learnt from the seniors on the thread.
Go to a nearby University (not the one you graduated from) or Company, explain to the HOD/Manager (anyone you sha know that's in charge there) what you need your transcript for. Then, make your school send the transcript to the department/company, and pick it up there yourself.
Make photocopies of it and notarize it.
You can notarize at
1. State/Federal High courts
2. Public notaries (They are kinda special lawyers who can do that for you)
3. German consulate in Lagos. You'll need to book an appointment for that.

Okay so you are saying I can ask the HR in my company or CEO to request for it?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by justt: 9:52am On Jan 30, 2019
SyberKate:
so I want to apply to this school in Germany. i made an enquiry to the school and they sent me this.

The list of application documents you have to submit via uni-assist include among others:

+a certified copy of your bachelor's diploma and certified bachelor transcripts of records (list of subjects taken),
+a simple copy of your higher education entrance qualification (e.g. Secondary School Leaving Certificate, High School Diploma, A-levels, Abitur etc.; you need a notarised translation to German or English from a sworn translator if the original is not in German or English),
+a concise up-to-date curriculum vitae with details about your educational history, practical experience (if applicable), research interests etc.,
+a thesis or equivalent publication (if the thesis/equivalent publication is not in English or German, you have to submit the paper(s) in the original language and to add a meaningful summary in English or German),
+simple copies of passports/official personal identifications/german residence permit etc.

my concern now is that my school will not give me my transcript
but will send it directly to the university I'm interested in so how do I get it notarized

also I'm applying for MSc so what do they mean by a thesis publication

Deustchemann:

@bolded, there's a scope I've learnt from the seniors on the thread.
Go to a nearby University (not the one you graduated from) or Company, explain to the HOD/Manager (anyone you sha know that's in charge there) what you need your transcript for. Then, make your school send the transcript to the department/company, and pick it up there yourself.
Make photocopies of it and notarize it.
You can notarize at
1. State/Federal High courts
2. Public notaries (They are kinda special lawyers who can do that for you)
3. German consulate in Lagos. You'll need to book an appointment for that.

There are two types of transcript:
1. The official copy
2. The unofficial copy or student copy.

Since they expect you to notarize it, you are expected to send the unofficial copy. Both contain same information. Main difference is that the unofficial copy may not be stamped by the University (this is also the reason it has to be notarized), it may also have student's copy as watermark and, of course, it's cheaper since you are collecting it directly.

Thesis or publication include any write-up you have such as:
Undergraduate project
Reports or term paper
Journal articles
Or any other write-ups that may show your scientific writing skills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 10:15am On Jan 30, 2019
janettee:

Just a tip for others who want to combine two Jobs. Working two 450 euro jobs will get you taxed but there's a kind of Job called kurzfristig Beschäftigung(hope I don't get banned). Basically you are allowed to work for 3 months in a year. That's approximately 70 days in a year. You won't do the job everyday though. Now combining this job with a 450 euro job won't get you taxed according to the law!!. This kind of Job let you earn more than 450 euro.

In Frankfurt you could earn up to 800 euros without getting taxed as a student, now imagine combining that with a 450 euro job without getting taxed...
Please can u add the Translated version of that image you added lol
Cos. Person need that 800.euros and Above o

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by janettee(f): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2019
Kenechill:

Please can u add the Translated version of that image you added lol
Cos. Person need that 800.euros and Above o

Haha sorry I can't. Just use Google translate. I only took screenshots of the most important points..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by CuteCeo: 10:26am On Jan 30, 2019
Eldeee:

University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe
omo 1500 euros niyen
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SyberKate(f): 11:15am On Jan 30, 2019
justt:

There are two types of transcript:
1. The official copy
2. The unofficial copy or student copy.

Since they expect you to notarize it, you are expected to send the unofficial copy. Both contain same information. Main difference is that the unofficial copy may not be stamped by the University (this is also the reason it has to be notarized), it may also have student's copy as watermark and, of course, it's cheaper since you are collecting it directly.

Thesis or publication include any write-up you have such as:
Undergraduate project
Reports or term paper
Journal articles
Or any other write-ups that may show your scientific writing skills

So can I request for official transcript to be sent to a company
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:16am On Jan 30, 2019
SyberKate:

Okay so you are saying I can ask the HR in my company or CEO to request for it?

Yes. That would work. Don't opt for student/unofficial copy because though it's cheap, it may not be tenable for enrollment.
What I did was to get a contact in my school who helped apply (to the registry) for the transcript. It was just to make the payment and give them the necessary details including the person (your CEO perhaps) and company address you want it delivered to.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:17am On Jan 30, 2019
waledora:
Hi dear, I applied to Cologne, Free university and FAU, can I pm you?

Replied.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Ogoonna:
Hello house,
I couldn’t meet up with the summer semester fr my sch so i asked them for an extension to the next semester but they only sent me a one page letter admitting me for the winter semester starting July. Which is unlike the summer admission letter where they sent me (2 pages )stating everything and and even where the exam would be conducted and all and a map of the state.
My question is do i ask the sch to send me another admission letter for winter semester Just like the (2pages) one they sent me for summer semester or would this new extension letter be enough??
Thank you

Ask the school to send you everything sendable o. Explain to them the previous encounter you had with the embassy concerning incomplete admission letter.This is like a fresh admission since you deferred, not just an extension. Better safe than sorry.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Opinionator: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2019
janettee:

Haha sorry I can't. Just use Google translate. I only took screenshots of the most important points..

Okay, thanks but please can you drop the link so we access and translate the page ourselves?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2019
So I've started following you and i sent you a PM, pls just reply 'hello' I won't bother you till I am in Deutschland so I would be able to reach you if you decide to delete your account again. I enjoyed posts from your old account and I look forward to more information from you.

Danke

janettee:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by justt: 11:28am On Jan 30, 2019
SyberKate:

Yes, you can. Besides, official copy cannot be sent until you request for it gringringrin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 11:29am On Jan 30, 2019
CuteCeo:

omo 1500 euros niyen

Yeah am very much aware. That's the downside though, but looking at the extensive curriculum, I am very much at home with the program. If you have done your research very well, then you will know what am saying. cheers

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2019
Deustchemann:

When did you apply?
And how did you know you applied for summer?
What's the deadline?

This school FAU erlangen-nürnberg

My application status is showing summer....

There are documents they are asking me to create which I don't understand.

What do they mean by PERSONAL DATA SHEET

I'm finding it difficult not understand as the CV
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2019
SyberKate:

Madam Kate na naija you dey oooo, the system you know how it works.... lol, unless it's not urgent, then you can sit at the comfort of your office and order and wait for the next available ship to get to your destination. Unless na Yankee you school. lol
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Olasunkanmitope: 11:47am On Jan 30, 2019
Ndkings1:
which of d documents pls.

I'm finding it difficult not understand as the CV
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Olasunkanmitope: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2019
[quote author=Ndkings1 post=75255259]

I'm finding it difficult not understand as the CV[/quot
] which of d doc?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenechill: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2019
janettee:

What's the link abeg
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by janettee(f): 12:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
Kenechill:

What's the link abeg

Chill. Will post it later.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
oluwadamilolah:

Something like this

Application/motivation letter which reflects on the applicant’s qualifications for the desired degree programme
(Must be prepared by the applicant and bear the date of issue and the original signature of the applicant, no template
available): if applicaple find detailed information concerning the content and the language of the application letter on
the website of the degree programme.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by badmus306(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
janettee:

Good to have you back cheesy , come & continue your diary smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Olad7554: 12:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
Good day house , I would to be happy to get help with your key inputs on how to write a perfect motivation letter to the embassy , also if I can get samples from anyone who has used his/hers successfully, so it can guide me towards mine as my interview date is fast approaching . Thanks in advance as I await your responses
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Does this count if the rejection was from another country?

schwenin:
Try and find out where you made a mistake in your application or interview. Also have you been rejected before? If you have been rejected before then that is the reason for this rejection. The remedy is Appeal.Appeal immediately and address everything you think was wrong with the application then they will approve your application
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lilfreezy: 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Can one differ his admission because of incomplete funds ? cry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sedatylo(m): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
lilfreezy:
Can one differ his admission because of incomplete funds ? cry
Contact the school
Some schools do while some dont
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by smokers: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
please can anyone refer me to a centre where you registered for toefl and how much did you pay.

I already have proficiency in English letter from my school just trying to be safer by writing toefl
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Olad7554: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Olad7554:
Good day house , I would to be happy to get help with your key inputs on how to write a perfect motivation letter to the embassy , also if I can get samples from anyone who has used his/hers successfully, so it can guide me towards mine as my interview date is fast approaching . Thanks in advance as I await your responses

I’ve been asking on this forum and nobody seems to ever respond with help just as above
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Yomodun: 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2019
Olad7554:

I’ve been asking on this forum and nobody seems to ever respond with help just as above
You can use the one you used in applying for admission. Just address it to the embassy as a formal letter.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2019
Opinionator:

I'm a lady.
Kessel - Nanoscience Rhine Waal - Biological Resources
Still waiting on Cologne, Free University and FAU Erlangen
y

am eyeing that rhine Waal....its a good school..can I send you a mail?

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.