Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (585863 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princetigris(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Bros, when did TUB admit you and what course?

Jupiterproperty:
One of the most anticipated gists is here, people refer to it as transcript, so i did my interview this week. Here is my experience.

Arrived at the embassy at 5:30am for my interview scheduled for 7 am. I met a man who is the opposite of Mr Paulinus or what is that his name again sef, i don't know this man's name but from his character and approach, he is a direct opposite of Mr Paulinus. I was the first person out about 5 visa applicants and he helped all of us one after the other in arranging the documents through his calm instructions.
By 7:10 am, they sent us inside for interview:

The moment i was invited inside by the V.O, my heart pounded small but my other parts of the body remained sounded.

V.O: Your documents
Me: here please

VO: Your visa fee of 27k
me: i quickly removed 500 naira from the 27,500 i was holding sharply (no time).

VO: Your school of admission?
me: Technical university of Berlin

VO: When did you graduate?
me: 2013
"The VO was using one small address system and it was hard for me to hear him once, i kept saying pardon!!!

VO: what have you been doing after graduation?
Me: After my graduation, i proceeded to the Nigerian Law school and was called to bar in 2014, since then, i have been a practicing lawyer.

Vo: Have you funded?
me: Yes

Vo: How much did you fund?
me: 8640 euro

Vo: who funded it for you?
me: (for my mind abi this guy think say i be yahoo boy), My elder brother funded it for me

Vo: what does he do?
me:He is businessman

VO: what is the name of masters program? and Why this course?
me: Masters in European and International Energy Law and Bla bla bla

VO: Did you learn German?
Me: Yes, i learnt the A1 level at Goethe Institut in Lagos late last year eventhough the language of instruction for my course is English Language.

V.O: Where is language certificate?
Me: its part of the documents i handed over you sir

VO: Tell me key facts about Germany
me: Germany has an estimated population of over 82million people according to 2015 report of which 59.4% of this population practice christian faith, 34.4% of this population are those people who doesn't identify with any religion and 5.5% of this population practice islamic faiths and teachings. Germany is a technologically and economically advanced country with high importation and exportation, the political system of Germany is federal, parliamentary and democratic system of government, the president is the head of state and the chancellor is the head of government. The president performs ceremonial functions a little like that of the queen of England and the chancellor carries out executive functions. In the area of education, Germany has quality education and they take pride in it, that is why germany has the highest number of noble prize winners and the first winner of this prestigious award is a German called Wilhem Roentgen who got the award in 1901 for his contribution to physics through the discovery of xray.
"i was surprised when the V.O still asked "is that all?
i quickly continued to add that Germany is home to the largest energy sector in the continental Europe and forerunner in the renewable energy deployment, at the moment, Germany is embarking on energy transition i.e. moving away from mainstream source of energy like thermol fossil fuel into full renewables such as wind energy, solar energy, biomass and biogas and all these sources will bring depletion of green house gas effect and will bring peace to global climate change.
The V.O was typing as i was given those responses.

VO: Tell me the name of the German President and Chancellor
me: Frank Walter and Angella Mekeil respectively.

Vo: What do you intend to do after your program?
me: to pack my load and come back,,,lol " my response was that, i have a plan to come back to Nigeria and initiate proposals and recommendations to various govermnent agencies responsible for energy in Nigeria on how we can also improve and have a formidable energy sector. (Eventhough na lie, who get time to come back here come dey suffer).

V.O: Thank you, we will get back to you and do you have any question.
me: (me that my leg was paining me since, question ko) lol. NO SIR!!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chupe(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Jupiterproperty:

I paid 8,640 euro and i used fintiba "suitor bank". After the payment, they sent me a blocking confirmation which i used as evidence during my interview.
Y is urs 8640 whiile mine is 8829 euros ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please Let's refrain from replying that guy, he needz attention, can't we sense that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fadareodolapo: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Birth Certificate from National Population Commission or Declaration of Age deposed
to by head of Family
(
Please note that an NPC birth certificate may only be accepted
if the applicant is bo
rn after December 13
th
, 1992)

pls what doesdis mean oo
one of the criteria for visa processing?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
It’s best to ignore this fool. I guess he got a rejection and wants to mislead everyone. As from his previous post he was asking questions here and also on Uk visa thread. I guess some people are not matured enough to handle rejection and bounce back from it. Please guyz let’s pity him. Show him some love no matter what he says. He is going through a lot. But just ignore his madness. Germany would give you admission by his grace

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Pls guyz I hope now u know him well with his post. So just ignore the bitter brother

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
fadareodolapo:
Birth Certificate from National Population Commission or Declaration of Age deposed
to by head of Family
(
Please note that an NPC birth certificate may only be accepted
if the applicant is bo
rn after December 13
th
, 1992)

pls what doesdis mean oo
one of the criteria for visa processing?
it mean if dem born u after stated date u can use the national population birth certificate if not go court for affidavit and na your father or if him no dey na head of the family go do the affidavit so go with your papa or mama passport and do the thing for court hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
EVERYONE PLEASE DONT REPLY HIM, HE IS SEEKING PROOF TO USE UR PERSONAL INFO. ....BEWARE

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 7:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
fluxyn:

Hey mister it’s okay. Shut up. Dhl chargers 14k for student. I have used them over 3 times in fact it’s 13,950 precisely. What the hell is this madness with you now. Why are you just being stupid. Get a job if you are jobless. What the hell is wrong with this guy now. Or is he mentally okay
it even less depending on who's dey pray for you did mine last year for less than 12k and a friend use dem for like 13 not even up to 13k so no issue but in all na NIPOST me like pass

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
Fustinachichi:
EVERYONE PLEASE DONT REPLY HIM, HE IS SEEKING PROOF TO USE UR PERSONAL INFO. ....BEWARE

Hi What's up, howva with ur sop
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
ubsilas:
Good evening guys

I just noticed that the German embassy guys just updated the 'Checklist for Students and Language Course Visa' document. The updated date (July, 2018) is also clearly stated on top of the checklist, no much difference with the former though, but the most outstanding difference there is that motivation letter is boldly stated HANDWRITTEN. So i guess typewritten motivation letter will no longer be accepted.

Be informed guys!

U can confirm it via thier site

https://nigeria.diplo.de/blob/1505580/a8c8d4f4dc04a409ed3691ec23ad6fdc/checklist-student-visa-data.pdf

God bless you for this information!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
fluxyn:
It’s best to ignore this fool. I guess he got a rejection and wants to mislead everyone. As from his previous post he was asking questions here and also on Uk visa thread. I guess some people are not matured enough to handle rejection and bounce back from it. Please guyz let’s pity him. Show him some love no matter what he says. He is going through a lot. But just ignore his madness. Germany would give you admission by his grace
you really get this guy time instead of him to come make we help him he dere doing anyhow I was rejected by like 6scjool last summer in 7 or 8 courses. Now I have 2admission even after applying to like 9courses so make him calm down take lexotan to calm him blood.
Anyway me no send am cos I know he's not OK

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chupe(m): 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
chupe:

Y is urs 8640 whiile mine is 8829 euros ?
Pls house which one is d correct amount? Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
dailydolar:
you really get this guy time instead of him to come make we help him he dere doing anyhow I was rejected by like 6scjool last summer in 7 or 8 courses. Now I have 2admission even after applying to like 9courses so make him calm down take lexotan to calm him blood.
Anyway me no send am cos I know he's not OK

Me, I was rejected by 8, had interview with one and that one rejected me.... but finally finally, one had mercy....but am I here calling everyone a liar and disrespecting people?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
chupe:

Pls house which one is d correct amount? Thanks

Put the highest one that way, u can't go wrong
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Azdof(m): 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
connweke:
I applied for the visa interview on the 13th of June 2018 and got a reply on 19th of June (after 6 days of applying) with my Abuja address (Which is the same address on my admission letter). i got a date for 4th of July 2018 for 10:30am

I Arrived the embassy at about 10:15
Arranged my document at the entrance before stepping in to Almighty Counter 1
Interviewer --Hand me your documents please
Interviewer-- Hand me the originals and the passport
Interviewer--(checks if my application form is properly filled) Opens a file and attached my documents

Interviewer--Have you founded your account?
Answer--Not yet but i have the naira equivalent in my account and i have already started processing it
Interviewer--(brings four documents for me to sign, which is a declaration that i will fund and send via a provided email, otherwise application will not b e processed(

I jejely signed everything.

Interviewer-- Let me have ur visa fee
I handed the money, she kept asking about my work experience and all, typing as we talked. ( In my tiny head, i was already feeling good, is this the interview? so am done like this like this....Until the big question landed)

Interviewer--Do you want your interview in German or English
Me-- ( My own has finished lipsrsealed ) 40 minutes gone and we are just getting started

Interviewer--Why this Course
Interviewer--Why Germany, why not US or any other English speaking country?
Interviewer--What do u know about Germany? Politically, economically and her people
Interviewer--What do you Intend to do after graduation
Interviewer--Tell me about your school, discuss the modules of your intended course

As i answered, she typed word to word. i was practically dictating.
Long story Short, she collected my passport, handed me my receipt and said ..........I wish you good luck.

Caution, she has zero tolerance for slow people, u have be prompt in everything.

6 days after applying? Are you for real? Is this that what we should expect?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by princejck: 8:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
Some people here need Psychotherapy.....cuz the frustration its not just about been rejected.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
My father told me you can never learn by arguing just ask question and let people with experience answer your question it pains me thatbibhave replied your question before you went mad but all the same i have a psychologist here that can heal you.
Rejection is not good oo it can make people really but even when proves has been posted you still ask question you can't change I swear if you like attack me who cares.
OK your uniassit was lacked that's the problem u want to hack another person own hahahaha . Lol grin grin cheesy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Pervic:

The conversation Formular:

3 × [(Nmax - Nd)/Nmax - Nmin] + 1

So in dis case,

According to my institution if same with d stated case

Nmax = Max. Passing Grade = 5
Nmin = Min. Passing Grade = 1

Where Nd = CGPA = 3.9

Therefore

3 × [(5 - 3.9) / 5 - 1] + 1

3 × [1.1 / 4] + 1

3 × (0.275) + 1

0.825 + 1 = 1.825

to 1 decimal place

= 1.8

So d CGPA in German scale is 1.8

To the best of my knowledge
Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
princejck:
Some people here need Psychotherapy.....cuz the frustration its not just about been rejected.

They need abija, if u know wohra mean grin grin
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
Oracle12:

If you do not understand the German grading system you simply ask.

Use this link https://www.tum.de/en/studies/application-and-acceptance/grade-conversion-formula-for-grades-earned-outside-germany/
Oga, did you not see the question mark there or don't you understand what punctuation marks stand for? Na wa o. Una blood just dey hot unnecessarily.

Anyway, thanks for the link.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
@Dammy112

You are derailing this thread please stop.

Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.