Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (589787 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 8:04am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning house, I have been following this thread for weeks and I would be glad if someone could answer my questions.
I applied for MSc in Biochemistry at the Ruhr University at Bochum.
I was replied with a form via email and after filling out the form, I was replied in my mail with an acknowledgement form that asked me to proceed for an A1 course in Germany for 500euros

I was also asked to submit my transcript for confirmation on the 15th to the University address.

Also instead of MSC Biochemistry, BSc Biochemistry was written on the slip..

My questions
1. Does it mean I am traveling down to Germany for the A1 course only or I ll begin my chosen course immediately after passing the A1 course.

2.How do I get my transcript down to the school before on the 15th because no mail address was given, just the their P. O. Box address.

3 .I could understand why BSc Biochemistry was written on my slip rather than MSC Biochemistry

Pls help... I would appreciate if I could a mentor to speak with on phone here, I ll send you a mail of you're around help..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
The acknowledgement slip and address

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
gabi101:
Servussssszz!!!!! cool

NEW THREAD cheesy
hope all is well here?!. so the new thread has arrived. congrats to those who have made it and for those still in the process, keep the good fight going.

so questions are welcome during these few months of holidays cool...

Lazy Newbiezzz angry angry angry i'm totally disappointed with some of you with the kinda question you ask me angry, wahalahi some of una need better pinch grin... yes but still keep the silly questions coming, i'll answer if possible cool .

Greetings to those still helping out on this thread cool

CHEERS smiley

Welcome boss, glad to have you back here.

Please which alien office does Umwelt Campus Birkenfeld use and how many years extension do they offer at first
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Panelbeater(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2018
The course given

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:23am On Jul 05, 2018
Kloneboi:
Good morning house, please am new here and need an urgent advice. I am a graduate of mechanical engineering from a Nigerian university, I have worked for nealy 2 yrs in a construction company here in Nigeria but right now masters is on my mind and I have chosen Germany as an option, I would appreciate if I could get advice from experienced men here on the following. 1. Choice of school. 2. If i could secure a job as a student during my stay and after school. Note: No travel experience yet. Thanks

kindly go through the first page of this thread, you will find some helpful information that will enable you start your adventure, if possible leave facebook small, make this guys your close allies that is google.com and daad.de as they have a lot of things to teach you.

search for schools offering your course of interest or related courses. lastly if you possibly can, read through comments on part 3 and 4, you will be amazed at the wealth of information at your fingertips. Trust me you will be a guru by the time this guys finish dealing with you and don't forget to give back as that has been our customs here, lest you wouldn't have gotten any helpful information to assist you in getting things done. All the very best.

3 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2018
Panelbeater:
Good morning house, I have been following this thread for weeks and I would be glad if someone could answer my questions.
I was replied with a form via email and after filling out the form, I was replied in my mail with an acknowledgement form that asked me to proceed for an A1 course in Germany for 500euros

I was also asked to submit my transcript for confirmation on the 15th to the University address.

My questions
1. Does it mean I am traveling down to Germany for the A1 course only or I ll begin my chosen course immediately after passing the A1 course.

2.How do I get my transcript down to the school before on the 15th because no mail address was given, just the their P. O. Box address.

3 .I could understand why BSc Biochemistry was written on my slip rather than MSC Biochemistry

Pls help... I would appreciate if I could a mentor to speak with on phone here, I ll send you a mail of you're around help..

I also applied to Ruhr University Bochum (M.Sc Economics). This is what I could say based on your post:

1. You erroneously chose the wrong study level. Ensure your browser completely translates the website contents at each phase of the online application.

2. Check the language of instruction on the course website before you begin your online registration.

3. Upon successful online registration, they would send a check sheet to your mail, detailing the relevant documents they require you to upload on the Info Portal and your application code.

4. After uploading these documents, send certified true copy of each of the uploaded documents together with the check sheet(with your proposed course boldly written in ink on the box provided) to the address on the top-left corner of the form.

5. If you intend using DHL, it will get there before the deadline. In fact, mine got to the University within two working days.

You have to start the registration process all over again, you could still use the email address that you used earlier. I also did same when I realized I made mistakes in my earlier application. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 8:54am On Jul 05, 2018
@panelbeater, did you really go through the requirements of the course you intend applying for, as I can see there seems to be a mix up or probably you must have done the wrong thing along the line.

As regards this program, I will suggest you contact the course coordinator, let them know you are applying for msc and not bsc and moreover doing a German language course in Germany is very very expensive as you have seen for yourself, so you are the one to advice yourself if you possibly can do such.

I will also suggest you forget about winter application if this happens to be your very first start as you might likely not like the pressure you will face.Take your time and search for schools that suits your career development, go through their course contents thoroughly and more especially the course descriptions so as to understand what you're going for.

If you're also new here, spend your precious time reading through previous parts of this thread, spend less time on facebook if you possibly can.

All the very best.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2018
Panelbeater:
The acknowledgement slip and address

You are to send certified true copies of your documents to this address.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 05, 2018
guys help me out which city is the best between these two cities Frankfurt and Gottingen.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Pecky2222: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2018
Panelbeater:

My questions

I applied for d same course..I tink somtin went wrong in ur application because my checklist has MSC biochemistry on it..and I'm to send my documents via traditional mail to dat address...

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by gedtalks(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning house. I just got my blocking confirmation. Please how do I go about booking for interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by freakky(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Oversworld:
Please can someone that has been in this challenge before now, suggest what can be done in the below question.

Hello Everyone,

Thank You so much for what you guys are doing here. I have a question, How can I go about this challenge.
Am just in a hot seat now, the embassy has given me a deadline to summit block account confirmation on or before 15 July this month. I had my interview on 17 May, looking at the time is too close to summit that proof of fund now. How do I write a will compelling mail, that won't result to a problem, so as to enable them give me up to 15 August to submit my proof of fund because my studies start on 1 October. I am also thinking about optioning for SL.

Please Carefully help me and address this concern.
I look forward to your response.

Thank You.
It's not too late to fund ur block account..... If you have been following previous post you will have realized that zenith bank uses 3 working days to fund ur block account from a dorm account.
Option 2 if you have someone in Germany who can pay the money for you and you pay the naira equivalent into the persons account
as for you using a SL.. As previously stated by @eldeee the embassy frowns at the techqiue of using a block account for your interview and changing it to a SL after ur interview unless you stated you were going to do so during your interview or told them u have someone in Germany...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by gedtalks(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2018
Please house. I have opened and funded my blocked account but I do not know how to go about booking an appointment for an interview, how do I go about this. deadline for enrollment in the school is October 30. I hope it is not late.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by gabi101(m): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

Welcome boss, glad to have you back here.

Please which alien office does Umwelt Campus Birkenfeld use and how many years extension do they offer at first

hello

its birkendfeld and usually just one year

CHEERS! smiley
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2018
gedtalks:
Please house. I have opened and funded my blocked account but I do not know how to go about booking an appointment for an interview, how do I go about this. deadline for enrollment in the school is October 30. I hope it is not late.

guy nawa for you o.... Kindly send your full name, place of residence and attach your admission letter, confirmation of account blocking and international passport to this mail student@lago.diplo.de. do it as soon as possible because you don't have time to waste anymore. Use student visa appointment as the subject of the mail.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2018
gedtalks:

Somebody please answer this brother.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2018
diego2015:
guy nawa for you o.... Kindly send your full name, place of residence and attach your admission letter, confirmation of account blocking and international passport to this mail student@lago.diplo.de. do it as soon as possible because you don't have time to waste anymore
Guy, nothing wa. Na wetin person no know. Thanks for responding to him.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Azdof(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2018
diego2015:
guy nawa for you o.... Kindly send your full name, place of residence and attach your admission letter, confirmation of account blocking and international passport to this mail student@lago.diplo.de. do it as soon as possible because you don't have time to waste anymore. Use student visa appointment as the subject of the mail.

You have any idea how long it takes to get a reply now?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by diego2015(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2018
Azdof:

You have any idea how long it takes to get a reply now?
i don't know, just do your part by sending the mail.leave the rest because we don't have control over it
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phymeon(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2018
gabi101:

hello

its birkendfeld and usually just one year

CHEERS! smiley

Hi Gabi, still waiting for the response to the mail I sent to you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by queenvicka: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
Please I will appreciate if anyone can give reasonable answer concerning these questions.

If uve served before or still serving(nysc) please I want u to advice me on how to go about stopping my present work, for now my first priority is to learn German, cos it was stated on my admission letter I need to take a German course n pass before d end of their 2nd semester. And I'm a confirm novice in German language. I can't combine both work n school, cos work is too demanding. But u know I'll need a clearance letter from my Ppa every month. My pop is Oct this year doh.

Please if there anyone that have gotten an interview date btw yesterday and today, do tell me? Cos I've not gotten a reply

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Azdof(m): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
queenvicka:
Please I will appreciate if anyone can give reasonable answer concerning these questions.

If uve served before or still serving(nysc) please I want u to advice me on how to go about stopping my present work, for now my first priority is to learn German, cos it was stated on my admission letter I need to take a German course n pass before d end of their 2nd semester. And I'm a confirm novice in German language. I can't combine both work n school, cos work is too demanding. But u know I'll need a clearance letter from my Ppa every month. My pop is Oct this year doh.

Please if there anyone that have gotten an interview date btw yesterday and today, do tell me? Cos I've not gotten a reply

I know sm1 that got a reply of unclear passport and not interview date.. Is ur location Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by queenvicka: 2:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Azdof:

I know sm1 that got a reply of unclear passport and not interview date.. Is ur location Lagos or Abuja?

Yes Lagos
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Twallace: 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
queenvicka:

Start learning German with Duolingo app and this YouTube channel "Learn German with Jenny". You can pass A1 when you combine these two

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by iambeluchi: 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
freakky:

@Freaky, Is there anything wrong in booking visa appointment with Blocking confirmation and later tendering SL at the embassy I've been following this thread for a while now and never read anything of such....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by gedtalks(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Somebody please just give us an idea of 1. how long it took to get an appointment for an interview after emailing them for a student visa appointment interview [/b].2. how long it took to process visa after the interview[/b]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by engrola00001(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Natalife:
Pls has anyone gotten admission in FAU Erlangen. I am really expecting to hear from them but no reply yet
Which course did u apply for?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by queenvicka: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
Twallace:

Start learning German with Duolingo app and this YouTube channel "Learn German with Jenny". You can pass A1 when you combine these two

Thanks so much
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Natalife: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
engrola00001:

Which course did u apply for?

M. Sc Molecular Science

And

M. Sc Chemistry
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
@oversworld, I was actually told by the visa officer who interviewed me not to present a sponsorship letter since I came with a block account opening confirmation, he even asked to enquire severally and adviced I shouldn't try it at all. so I don't know why he said so. Probably there is something about the use of sponsorship letter we really don't know.

Pls if there's anyone here who presented block account opening confirmation and later use sponsorship letter for funding successfully, kindly share with the house how you went about it, so that others in this situation will learn.

thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
Oversworld:
Please can someone that has been in this challenge before now, suggest what can be done in the below question.

Hello Everyone,

Thank You so much for what you guys are doing here. I have a question, How can I go about this challenge.
Am just in a hot seat now, the embassy has given me a deadline to summit block account confirmation on or before 15 July this month. I had my interview on 17 May, looking at the time is too close to summit that proof of fund now. How do I write a will compelling mail, that won't result to a problem, so as to enable them give me up to 15 August to submit my proof of fund because my studies start on 1 October. I am also thinking about optioning for SL.

Please Carefully help me and address this concern.
I look forward to your response.

Thank You.

the thing is, we still have eight days befor the deadline........dont give up, pray, press all the buttons you can, and maybe a day or two before that, if nothing changes, you can then mail them with a plea for extension ....Wishing u all the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.