Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? (25218 Views)

Nigeria Billionaire Femi Otedola Becomes University Chancellor / Dr Good Luck Jonathan Resumes Work As University Chancellor / Biography Of Yekemi Otaru Appointed University Chancellor In Scotland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by keneharry: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2018
Nairalanders please help me out.. Please I'm looking for a place to do my IT.. Any firm asides Bank and Construction company located in Ago, Oshodi, Isolo, FESTAC will be appreciated.. I'm studying Biochemistry.. Thanks
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

No need replying an old, foolish, dirty bastard.

As old as you are you have nothing in resemblance of sense that can be attribruted to you. Ugly, old, wrinkled nincompoop.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2018
0ldirtybastard:

As old as you are you have nothing in resemblance of sense that can be attribruted to you. Ugly, old, wrinkled nincompoop.
grin grin
But that's who you are. A reflection of your moniker. A pity you've forgotten your identity, dirty old bastard. Crawl into your hole.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

grin grin
But that's who you are. A reflection of your moniker. A pity you've forgotten your identity, dirty old bastard. Crawl into your hole.

Pratically, you have nothing to offer. From the d.p on your profile and topics i can deduce you're a frustrated sickler roaming this vast plane of healthy people lonely and disconsolate with hunks of bone projecting from your bony frame like a weaponized skeleton. Better save yourself cuz your life span i think from scientific fact finding is shorter than two inches of metric measurement. You'll soon kick the bucket so lemme allow you your limited time here on earth.

Ps: Nobody who wants to prosper biologically would ever date a sickler. Your time is short. Got it?

Impish anaemic buffon.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 18, 2018
0ldirtybastard:

Pratically, you have nothing to offer. From the d.p on your profile and topics i can deduce you're a frustrated sickler roaming this vast plane of healthy people lonely and disconsolate with hunks of bone projecting from your bony frame like a weaponized skeleton. Better save yourself cuz your life span i think from scientific fact finding is shorter than two inches of metric measurement. You'll soon kick the bucket so lemme allow you your limited time here on earth.

Impish anaemic buffon.
That's way below the belt. Somehow I thought that within that cranium there'd be a brain, no matter how tiny. You are just a bedraggled fool not worthy of any reply.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:30am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

That's way below the belt. Somehow I thought that within that cranium there'd be a brain, no matter how tiny. You are just a bedraggled fool not worthy of any reply.

Buhaha. Skeletal pane with no string of meat on your squeaky frame. Desperate to bond with healthy humans and infest their seeds with your curse of eternal illness and accursed lifespan.

Idiotic dying skeleton.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:36am On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:

Buhaha. Why rush to change your profile picture? i want others to witness the horror i beheld that almost caused me a convulsion this morning. You'll always be a sickler riddled by the sad illness no matter how much to try to hide it. Your heart knows it's failing and its beat is getting faintier so brace yourself for impact.

Walking corpse.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Fraiser(m): 10:42am On Jun 18, 2018
iceboy4752:
I got to know that Emir Sanusi of Kano is the Chancellor of the University of Benin (UNIBEN), and the great Alaafin of Oyo is the Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID). Some students barely know their Chancellor or one exists.
This is cool, but what are their duties as Chancellors?
The position of a Chancellor is just a ceremonial position, the Chancellor only visits the institution during important occasions. The chancellor also confers various degrees to graduands during convocation, I think that is his primary responsibility.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Fraiser(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2018
iceboy4752:

Can he/she sack the VC?
Only the President or the Governor can do that depending on whether its a federal or state own institution base on the recommendation of the university governing council headed by the pro-chancellor, A chancellor is not a member of the governing council.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Goldenonyx: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2018
Yes the Chancellor role is ceremonial but he is the most influential man in the school.

You mentioned Emir Sanusi being the Chancellor of UNIBEN, just imagine the school has one pressing need, Sanusi can use his position to seek help for the institution.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Fraiser(m): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
chicagoPD:
angry What's the role of Buhari?
The president is the Visitor to federal universities, in ordinary language his the proprietor.
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by olaniyi900: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2018
Their role is to attract funding to the university
iceboy4752:
I got to know that Emir Sanusi of Kano is the Chancellor of the University of Benin (UNIBEN), and the great Alaafin of Oyo is the Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID). Some students barely know their Chancellor or one exists.
This is cool, but what are their duties as Chancellors?
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Ubiquity: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2018
0ldirtybastard:

Information is what you need as the thread have provided. Stop being an idiot.

Are you trying to say you didn't/don't perceive the joke in his comments?
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by Buffalo2(m): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
Chi59:
To CHANCE others
grin
Re: What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? by 0ldirtybastard(m): 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ubiquity:

Are you trying to say you didn't/don't perceive the joke in his comments?

Manchi, we've had our fair share of jokers on serious subjects and there's one too many. Every little conveyance of certain matters shouldn't be jokes. That's how you become stupid forever with nothing to give others who want to learn. I don't tolerate nonsense. Capiche?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Unilorin Multi-functional ID Card Ready / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement / What Was Your Craziest Answer To A Question In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.