Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Flirting Is Healthy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Flirting Is Healthy? (3935 Views)

Poll: Is flirting healthy?

Yes, very often: 61% (38 votes)
No, probably not.: 38% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Revealed! 15 Signs A Woman Is Flirting With You. Don't miss this. See photos.... / 10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using / Can Flirting Be Considered As Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by whiteNkem(f): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2007
It is very much ok as long as you are single; but when you have a relationship stay away from flirt cuz u'll stay away from trouble oo!
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by puree: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2007
Don't start what u can't finish.
Yes, flirting may be sweet and fun , and your intentions might not be serious, but how about the lady or guy on the receiving end , do they know you are just joking and not really serious. What if they start to stalk you, what if they think they are heartbroken because you suddenly stopped flirting with them.
The lesson here, you might be matured and know where to draw the lines, but how about miss believing or mr excited who might mistake the flirting for real intentions. So please maintain your honourable integrity and leave flirting for the minds who need it to get going by the day ( its not drugs!!!! so am sure you can do without flirting from now on cheesy)
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by otoidea(m): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2007
@breeolan

im feelin a lil ahead of ma game, wana flirt a lil?
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by ultrafem(f): 1:16am On Mar 24, 2007
flirting is ok i think , anyway we all flirt to an extent.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by alanbolo(m): 1:37am On Mar 24, 2007
If played within d right concept, it can be an ego booster.

It also result in positive thinking for different scenario.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by soccerchic(f): 3:54am On Mar 24, 2007
@ de

its no crime. infact its good for the soul grin
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by mohawkchic(f): 4:17am On Mar 24, 2007
Flirtin is Totally, Absolutely Vital, its  fun, fun,fun ! for me anyways, wotever tickles your pickle i say  tongue
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by fashfisher(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2007
healthy it is. once it ain't leading to the normal evil intentions men normally hav when they see a hot girl
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by cyprianjr(m): 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2007
Well if your flirting means sleeping around, that's not ok,stick to one person and treat her like an angel.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by Radiant(f): 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2007
cyprianjr:

Well if your flirting means sleeping around, that's not ok,stick to one person and treat her like an angel.

Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by deejay1(m): 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2007
flirting en baba na good thing ooooo. we all do it init but is all about emotion and dont let your emtion go over your head so that you won't get yourself into mess
FLIRTYING HEALTHY BAAJEEE
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by splurge(f): 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2007
dnt fnk tis. it diminishes ur self esteem.hey, u're worth alot more dn dt!
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by Radiant(f): 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2007
splurge:

dnt fnk tis. it diminishes your self esteem.hey, u're worth alot more dn dt!

Do we go back to English class? Do I explain what selfesteem means

"Flirting diminishes your selfesteem"? Where did you get this from?
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by brownbaby(f): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2007
I think what he/she meant is if the person at the receiving end doesnt respond or feels like
'who the hell is this one flirtting with undecided', it could be a degraded self esteem for the former.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by ugodaniel(m): 9:37am On Mar 26, 2007
brownbaby:

I think what he/she meant is if the person at the receiving end doesnt respond or feels like
'who the hell is this one flirtting with undecided', it could be a degraded self esteem for the former.

'nuff said!
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by uhuru(m): 9:10am On Mar 27, 2007
Yea, like Breolan said, its like all these drugs that come with the warnin on the bottle- "keep out of reach of children." For the real emotional fellows, don't mess wit it but if u got the heart to take it, why not, step up your game.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by abstarr(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2007
no harm in it, except wen its ur girlfriend/boyfriend doin it!! grin grin grin
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by defacto1: 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2007
i guess its only meant for mature minds. its an adventure u guys. really. you dont have to get down. it depends on the individual nways.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by Radiant(f): 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2007
brownbaby:

I disagree. Flirting is just fun. How does that affect your selfesteem?

If the second party doesn't respond, to hell and move on. It's just for fun. Shouldn't take it too seriously. cheesy
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by defacto1: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2007
thanks jare radiant. u see the picture
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by breeolan(f): 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2007
@ otoidea,

you're feeling a lil ahead of ur game? good for u, so ur style of flirting is informing ur prey of wat ur abt to do, well sori, doesnt work for me dat way, and more over, i choose who i wanna flirt with, you dont choose me,

right now, am too busy for flirting, got work to do, sori nxt time
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by breeolan(f): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2007
brownbaby:

hey brown baby,
u are getting it all mixed up, it doest do anythg to ur self esteem and if it does in any way, its got to be positive, basically jst see flirting as a game, relax ur mind n be free. make sure ur partner is smeone dat is already feeling u, like if hez tripping or smethg, its so much fun attimes or more of d times, so it has noin to do wif self esteem at all
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by luxoire(f): 4:22pm On May 09, 2007
Flirting is mad fun, especially when the other person knows how to keep u going and what u like,

heck, i'm a natural born flirt! (cant help it, i just got to feel like i am still appreciate-able, does it boost my EGO, Yes Oh!!, and it is healthy, because then u dont bcome overly-reliant on ur guy like he is last guy on earth and u have to be putting up with utter rubbish from him), and ur guy knows u love him and respect him, but he's got to be on top of his game at all times.

But the 'flirtor' and the 'firtee' (im not sure these words exist) have to have similar rules / expectations for both sides to enjoy it, otherwise it might feel like one side is coming on too strong (usually teh guy) and then it becomes 'stalking/ petering'

If ur a flirt and ur in a relationship, u gotta know ur limits, i know mine oh,  i will flirt with u, but just dont think i will jump into bed with u, lol, the fact that ur cute or a smooth talker doesn't make u relationship material

i think FLIRTING OPENLY INFRONT OF YOUR PARTNER, OR WITHIN THE SAME NETWORK OF FRIENDS IS A DEFINITE NO-NO AND VERY DISRESPECTFUL-plz do not do it, esp if ur partner is the jealous type
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by puker(m): 11:29am On May 10, 2007
The more you flirt thinking its nothing serious the more you get entangled some day. Just as the two meaning implies but the danger is that we can get confused some times. There fore flirtiing to an extent should be curtailed before some body gets hurt.
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by ST3V3(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2007
Think its good, keeps you mentally active!
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2007
yes healthy for those who play well and safe
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by almondjoy(f): 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2007
ST3V3:

Think its good, keeps you mentally active!

olrotimi:

yes healthy for those who play well and safe

luxoire:

Flirting is mad fun, especially when the other person knows how to keep u going and what u like,

heck, i'm a natural born flirt! (can't help it, i just got to feel like i am still appreciate-able, does it boost my EGO, Yes Oh!!, and it is healthy, because then u don't bcome overly-reliant on your guy like he is last guy on earth and u have to be putting up with utter rubbish from him), and your guy knows u love him and respect him, but he's got to be on top of his game at all times.

But the 'flirtor' and the 'firtee' (im not sure these words exist) have to have similar rules / expectations for both sides to enjoy it, otherwise it might feel like one side is coming on too strong (usually the guy) and then it becomes 'stalking/ petering'

If your a flirt and your in a relationship, u gotta know your limits, i know mine oh, i will flirt with u, but just don't think i will jump into bed with u, lol, the fact that your cute or a smooth talker doesn't make u relationship material

i think FLIRTING OPENLY INFRONT OF YOUR PARTNER, OR WITHIN THE SAME NETWORK OF FRIENDS IS A DEFINITE NO-NO AND VERY DISRESPECTFUL-plz do not do it, esp if your partner is the jealous type

May joy and more blessings be yours always!

Will drink to the best sport in life! FLIRTING!---Who wants to end up in bed for heaven's sake? Like we have not had enough of that? shocked
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by Kave(m): 3:21am On Oct 31, 2007
if you flirt with me, i'll take you from your man
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by rockiedink(m): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2007
so i guess the consensus is,
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by akeye(f): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2007
fun wen its clean tongue
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by akeye(f): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2007
use to think it was a crime
but after getting attitude from guys i decided to join d club and enjoy what dey're enjoying.
fun init wink
Re: Flirting Is Healthy? by babycool(f): 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2007
Every youth flirts at 1 point or the other, knowingly or unknowingly n tongue wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dead Man In Mortuary Impregnates Woman / The Woman Wrappering In This Section Is On A Whole New Level / Guys Over To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.