Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? (15302 Views)

Don't Be Scared Of High Mileage Cars / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Is It Better To Buy A Old Car With Low Mileage Or A Newer One With High Mileage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Pipedreams:
It would last better if it's a V6 engine don't buy an i4 with very high mileage. You would regret it

Please explain better because the car in question is with an I4 engine
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
TrumpedL:

Please explain better because the car in question is with an I4 engine

V6 cars are built to last. Even with high mileage it would serve you. A 4plugs car has a smaller engine capacity and has been flogged with AC over the years so that weakens the engine.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by computerglobal(m): 4:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-packag[/b]e

For Comprehensive Vehicle Report
[b]Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

Contact us today for comprehensive vin report for your vehicle

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

Email computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by CarsGuideNG: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
Austin234:
You are loaded on car deals. Respect

We appreciate the commendation Sir.

Vehicle History should never be a mystery.

We aim to make the process as easy and quick as possible, which is why we give the practical guarantee that 5 - 10 minutes after you confirm a report, Free, Premium or Comprehensive, from CarGuideNG, it will be delivered.

If you were thinking about buying a house, wouldn’t you want to know if it had a damaged foundation, was built in a waterlogged area, had problems that were badly repaired or was much older than the owner claimed?

A vehicle history report serves a similar purpose for buying a used car — exposing past problems — and it’s a must for smart vehicle shoppers.

This is especially pertinent in the Nigerian context where the average dealer may be prepared to compromise safety for profit.

We offer multiple resources to aid in car shopping. Several of them are free. We should take advantage of both free and paid resources to ensure good vehicle purchases.

We have multiple threads for flood, accident, theft, and other damaging car events. We can also be contacted directly for all vehicle history enquiries.

It all starts with the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/Carguideng

Don't hesitate. Contact us at your convenience
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:45pm On Jun 20, 2018
please when checking ur odometer, it's important to note the calibration unit. most of the US spec vehicles are usually calibrated in MILES and not KM. the difference is this

huge.

also when in doubt about a suspected odometer rollover, always check the brake pedal. if it hasn't been changed recently, it would have been worn to the metal....... Quentin says so and I find it very practical.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by govomotors: 11:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Sorry I replied late. You have to do a VIN check. Request for the VIN and try googling the VIN, you may be lucky to get free info of the car
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Ibukunmer:
290k is way too high and is too risky. While it's true not to consider mileage in isolation, this advice mostly applies to low 100,000 and below.

Yes, 290k is high but again if the car is well maintained and most of these mileage were from highway driving then it's ok. Mind u 290k km is about 180k miles. Most people don't know this. Canada cars are in in km while US cars are in miles. Some people would say 180k miles is ok while 290k km is too high lol.

2 Likes

Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by maxwelljohny: 6:00am On Jul 21, 2018
The information you have shared is vitally informative. Expecting a detailed description regarding cars with I4 engine. Also interested to know about the speed and mileage of such cars.
By write my essay for me

Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by radautoworks: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2018
rozayx5:
once above 150k

car is near death

Incorrect. Only true if it wasn't properly maintained. 350k easily doable for most cars with proper care
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by radautoworks: 6:40am On Jul 21, 2018
4 cyl, V6 doesn't matter. Brand matters a little more. In this case, the question isn't the high mileage. It's the fact that it's been tampered with. What else has been tampered with?

As long as a vehicle has 90% complete maintainance records, you can get at least 250k MILES out of it easily. A little maintenance goes a long way.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2018
radautoworks:
4 cyl, V6 doesn't matter. Brand matters a little more. In this case, the question isn't the high mileage. It's the fact that it's been tampered with. What else has been tampered with?

As long as a vehicle has 90% complete maintainance records, you can get at least 250k MILES out of it easily. A little maintenance goes a long way.

so True
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2018
I felt there's a need to give update

I finally bought the car. Very clean and neat. The only issue is the rusted tank
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
TrumpedL:
I felt there's a need to give update

I finally bought the car. Very clean and neat. The only issue is the rusted tank

Fuel Tank? Please insure your vehicle.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Against fire? abeg o
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by hakimi1974(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ideyontop:
Na Nigerian used you wan buy before? grin Try am na.
them go gree hear word? nah so one of my paddy for port Harcourt call me say him want buy 2004 corolla sport ooo and an only 900k him get, say make I help am get clean less than one year used one for am. na him, me I halla for am for phone say whether nah thief I want thief am. see me see trouble ooo.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Pitokwe(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Deltatoto:
u stl be baby for motor matter I have 3 cars the one with d highest mileage is d sharpest.i travel with it more often.the secret is,some ppl no how to maintain a car someone who services regularly his car can never die some with low mileage are used by careless ppl even with less than 10k the car is gone.its just like saying a woman who has given birth before her Puesy is gone I have dated a single mom and a 19yrs old girl the single mom has a tighter peusi walls.

O boy! See analysis cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

What's your advice Oga Gazzuzz; to change the tank or?
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Originalsly: 1:31am On Jul 23, 2018
Personally...mileage matters but more important is where the mileage piled up...was it in a city?...then that car is wayyy more stressed out at a lower mileage than a car with highway miles. But then highway miles stress depends on is the area flat?....or hilly/mountainous?...does the car have a tow bar?...even more stress....and most importantly...maintenance records of the car. As listed earlier...soo much to consider.

1 Like

Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by Kashif(m): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2018
radautoworks:

V6 will outlive I4 under the same engineering, driving and maintenance condition. But it is just the engine.

Generally, low mileage vehicles are BETTER than high mileage ones.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by radautoworks: 7:05am On Jul 26, 2018
Kashif:

V6 will outlive I4 under the same engineering, driving and maintenance condition. But it is just the engine.

Generally, low mileage vehicles are BETTER than high mileage ones.

Our experience is the reverse. 4 cylinders require a lot less work at the same mileage than 6. Just from comparing vehicles in our customer base for over 15 years.
Not disputing low mileage is typically better but it's less about the mileage and more about the kind of miles and maintenance.
Re: Is it Safe to Buy a Car with High Mileage? by donlet(m): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
Am about getting a tokunbo car for someone and the odometer reading showed 89,000 km but after checking on carfax, the actual mileage in Canada showed over 290,000 km though no accident or any other issue.

Will it be safe to buy a high mileage vehicle considering the likelihood of parts getting worned out?

Well it's not adviceable to buy a car that the odometer has been tampered with. What gives you assurance that something else is not been hidden from you?

May be electrical fault etc.

Click on the link below to know how to buy a car that will give you peace of mind without visiting mecahnic in 6 months minimum

http://autonaijahub.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Rolls-royce Phantom Has A Twin-charged 2JZ / Is It Safe To Stick Stickers On Your Car? / This Honda's Sports EV Concept Is An Old-School Electric S2000 Sports Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.