Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,390 members, 7,954,568 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. (40963 Views)

Uniben Final Year Graduating Student Spray Money After Final Year Semester Exam / Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / PLS Help, I Had A GPA Of 3.82 In 100 Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by leonard509(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2018
"Bro you messed up" atleast you and i know this.. to be frank with you.. say bye bye to first class and even 2-1.. cos you have canca worms in your result.. those Fs will hunt your cgpa until you clear them.. i.e if you don't end up having more whille trying to clean these ones up.. i'm a 400lvl student from your faculty in futmx so please believe me and start working on how you'll solve your problem.. if you really want first class just write anoda jamb.... btw first year takes roughly 25-30% of your total cgpa... please if you have money just write anoda jamb . cos i'v seen what Fs can do to your overall perfomance. to show you i'll need those double whiteboard in Engine complex classes
Amakababe:
My name is Amaka afuzor, and i am a student of Federal university of technology minna. Mechanical engineering. 100 level

Before you accuse me of being dull, I had a 204 in JAMB.
I always wanted a first class, but
I decided to check my result yesterday only to see F parallel and some good grades out of 10 courses.
Pls am 22 and I need to pass so I can get a good job after graduation.
I know I didn't give my books much attention this semester.

I am confused because I will be asked to withdraw if I get a cgpa less than 2.0 on a scale of 5 after second semester and don't meet the 10-8-8 requirement which I am very far from.

CAN I GRADUATE WITH A FIRST CLASS STILL?
Tell me the honest truth, I can handle it.

Pls who knows how many percentage of final cgpa the first year performance takes In futminna

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by martinsaba: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:
My name is Amaka afuzor, and i am a student of Federal university of technology minna. Mechanical engineering. 100 level

I decided to check my result yesterday only to see F parallel and some good grades out of 10 courses.

I am confused because I will be asked to withdraw if I get a cgpa less than 2.0 on a scale of 5 after second semester and don't meet the 10-8-8 requirement which I am very far from.

Pls who knows how many percentage of final cgpa the first year performance takes In futminna

There is nothing that is impossible but I will be honest with you, first class is impossible to get but 2.1 is very much possible but you must study hard and never relent in studying even when your flesh is weak. It's not going to be easy but you can achieve. Was at 3.7 in my year 1 in Industrial Physics dropped to 2.1 in year 2, forgot anything play, till I graduated with 3.8. If I can do it, sure you can.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by smeag0l(m): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2018
Baba, just try to strive for a 2-1. First class is a tall order considering how woeful(sorry to say this) your first GPA is. Your priority now is to first get your head out of water-see that you are not rusticated on account of low CGPA. Then work towards getting a 2-1 so you can be able to apply for your dream jobs after graduation. Except if you want to be an enterpreneur.
Amakababe:

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by clive2u(m): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2018
Same way you had parallel F use it and have parallel A
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Gracesofar(m): 10:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:
no I stay with my girlfriends off campus

Now I see where the problem is coming from.

U can't eat ur cake and have it bro
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Popeonah(m): 10:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Best Advice is for you to quit and start again.... Only to know weda u still want to be in dat department. Think for your self... Or quit kpatakpata and start selling agbo or Jedi Jedi
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Ebenaba(m): 10:49am On Jun 25, 2018
Your great desire for ir can be helpful and can also be harmful. I am a graduate of mech engrg and i can guarantee you that majority of them that started with first class in your department will not end up with. I started well too and didn't make it. But then, later on you realize that the most important thing is not the first class but gaining the essential things that will make you better even than those first class students. Just make sure you focus on your grades now. And please, learn and develop yourself on major softwares and Practicals. Shallom
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Gracesofar(m): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2018
DanXplore:

Op, others will not tell you the truth but I will.

Your brain is full of fufu.

I would have suggested farming but you might kill all the crops

Funkeeeeeee. Apostle must hear of dz
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Ebenaba(m): 10:52am On Jun 25, 2018
Again, getting first class is not the most important thing, there are many third class graduates that may get job ahead of first class. They can only retain you to lecture. Just focus on improving on your grades. You can still make it
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by bornolowu(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:

Nigeria is going down by the day. A jamb score of 204 and you are proud to say it. Well, nothing is impossible since you accepted the role you played in the poor result, so read harder and smartly towards exam. You can still make it. God bless!!
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by DrayZee: 10:59am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:
i chose mech engineering because i had an interested there
So it's not like you wanted to go into automobiles, or robotics, or aeronautics or anything. You just had an "interested" in Mechanical Engineering and thought it was as easy as pie.
I will tell you the truth now. You don't know what it means to be serious. You don't understand the meaning of reading hard. If you realized what was at stake here, maybe your case would have been different.
You may think you understand the problem but you don't.
Your O'Level training is probably inadequate.
Leave Mechanical Engineering and don't return except you truly realize what it means to be serious. and in whatever new course you chose, enter it with the aim of truly learning. People develop new technology with what they learnt in school. It's seems your own aim in school is to enjoy yourself, somehow come out with a good result, and work in an oil company. That is a PIPE DREAM. Life is not that easy. People shed tears while studying in universities, and you think you can just come, flex life and achieve the same things those people achieved. You cannot.

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by wealthyoptimist(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:

to be honest you still can graduate with a first class, if u buckle up nw. I finished frm electrical tho wit a 2:1. Dnt mind all these clowns here sayin trash.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by InansBobo(m): 11:35am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:
sorry for disturbing. What if i get a in all mat phy and chem courses this 2nd semester. Am i still gone?
even having D in all is still the same thing in the 10 8 8 stuff. If you have lost it already, then there's no way out, you A's will only improve hour GP and stop you from being sent home
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:
no I stay with my girlfriends off campus
my dear relocate next session, go and stay in campus hostel.. it has so many advantages, because you will see people going to class to read and it will trigger you to read. the hostel will not be too comfortable but it's for your own good and do make friends with brilliant serious minded people. be focus.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by 3verblazing(m): 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
I finished from there.. Class off 2015 #dynasticMech... It's a very competitive department... My advise is u work harder to get better grades ..make sacrifices, suspend enjoyment in 4 years u will be done. Bu for a First Class... Just forget it... I was in ur shoes when I started too.. 200level direct entry...i worked harder.. Had 2.1s for the rest of my time there, In the end I was almost in 2.1..bu nearly they say can not kill a bird... A 2.1 is possible. You should be very happy with yourself if u can get that.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Blonchilli(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe:

I had similar situation in the University but graduated with a 3.7 cgpa, what stopped me from getting a first class was my first year. Just know where you failed and make amends. School is not as difficult as one make it. I read only on Saturday in school and was far better than those that read every night
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Omobada(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
DanXplore:

Op, others will not tell you the truth but I will.

Your brain is full of fufu.

I would have suggested farming but you might kill all the crops

Likes of you are the reason why I can't do without nairaland.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by DrayZee: 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
Amakababe don't ever post your name on a public forum again. As it is now, the name has spread to different blogs, so even if the mods delete this thread, you can't completely remove it.
And don't be vexed up by whatever comments you see here. We're trying to tell you the truth.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
You can't get First Class with that start again, I even doubt two-one. But keep striving for the best; it is not over until it's over
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by samson1515(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
You having 200+ in ur jamb does not guarantee u finishing with first class, my course mate in school have 180 in post utme direct entry and he finished as d overall best student in 2016, my advice to u is if u can't cope at engineering u should change ur course. U can do any course in SAAT, SEMT. I like ur spirit keep it up
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Sexyolori(f): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
I also think you should move into the hostel for now. it will help you focus better. also join a study group and make up your mind to give your academics top priority.cut off friends and activities that don't help you get better academically. even if you don't make a first class you can hit a sharp 2-1.hang in there hun
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Amakababe(f): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
DrayZee:
Amakababe don't ever post your name on a public forum again. As it is now, the name has spread to different blogs, so even if the mods delete this thread, you can't completely remove it.
And don't be vexed up by whatever comments you see here. We're trying to tell you the truth.
thanks. Is it not bloggers? Do they have my photo? How many peeps in my dept know my full name abegi
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2018
Igbo Amaka
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by collinometricx: 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
Benblaq :
I swear.
Even conjoined twins get two different life when them operate them.

Abi
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by NnamdiEducamia(m): 5:13am On Jun 26, 2018
FAKE

I'm beginning to dislike nairaland
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by InansBobo(m): 9:06am On Jun 26, 2018
NnamdiEducamia:
FAKE

I'm beginning to dislike nairaland
its possible, I'm in the same school and there are results worse than that
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by LORDKing001: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Amakababe:
how does 10 8 8 work pls. I had only one f in mat121but e in mat111 and phy113 does that mean im gone from engineering?
Pls exolain this stuff to me

Cc lordking001 also

Only one person can help you now. The coordinator of eexams. Let's chat if you are ready to follow ...
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by milemimi93(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2018
Colourich:
My dear I live off camp and am graduating next month with a high Cgpa, that's not an excuse.

I've been quoting u lately.

Ya get the motive?

In case u don't.
This is it;
I wasn't cool with the post u posted lately about me..

I am not what or who you think I am.

I am just a soul (very nice soul) whose intention is to do good.

Yeah! I admit I've done some dump sh!ts.

But try not to hold that against me.

Everybody makes mistake at one point in their lives.

No mistake is too great to recover and bounce back.

Don't add to my grief.

Thanks
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
milemimi93:

I've been quoting u lately.

Ya get the motive?

In case u don't.
This is it;
I wasn't cool with the post u posted lately about me..

I am not what or who you think I am.

I am just a soul (very nice soul) whose intention is to do good.

Yeah! I admit I've done some dump sh!ts.

But try not to hold that against me.

Everybody makes mistake at one point in their lives.

No mistake is too great to recover and bounce back.

Don't add to my grief.

Thanks
Is that why you deem it fit to be giving me unwarranted mentions? did I struck a nerve? sorry about that, I actually took time to read your story now and I was so touched, no one deserve to be treated as such, no one deserve to be given such cold treatment and I know how it feels if someone should do that to my dad, anyway just take heart. The best is yet to come, there are still good ladies out their that will sacrifice their happiness just for you, you making mistakes means that you are trying and no one is perfect.
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by eterisan(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2018
Make una see small girl with big God, you were all wasting your time advising

https://www.nairaland.com/4616075/yes-im-proudly-small-girl#69349397

Cc:Jarus

1 Like

Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Desolaa1(f): 9:07am On Jan 16
I’m a student of university of Lagos A fresher 100l Faculty of Education Human Kinetics during my registration stuffs after Physical screening my phone got stolen and I couldn’t get information and the school closed for the year not until January I found out that the course registration has closed what can I do please
Will it affect my result
What can I do please help with advice 🥺😢
Re: First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. by Basalt(m): 7:01pm On Jan 17
Amakababe:

Well, I understand your worries. We were all there before.
We all hoped for first class then until second year results were released then we started praying to even graduate sef.
To cut the story short, you can't make first class with such start

It will even take a lot of work from you to even make 2nd class upper.
I know you might not understand what I am saying but things will become clearer if you manage to stay in the course until 400 level.
But just remove first class from your dictionary for now, it's not for you.
Aim at 2nd class upper backed up with extremely serious work, otherwise you might not even get 2.1 if you continue like this.

This is just the hard truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Historic Ocheja Hostel At Kogi State University, Anyigba, Now A Toilet Ground / Sex Scandal: UNN Suspends Mfonobong Udoudom Indefinitely, Launches Probe / Ghana's Computer Teacher Gets New Classroom ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.