Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers (35976 Views)

The Projects That Buhari Will Commission In Maiduguri - Photos / Photos Of The Projects Buhari Will Commission In Lagos Tomorrow / Ademola Adeleke Lists All The Projects He Completed In Just 12 Months (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by seunmsg(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

in other words, Buhari agreed to assent to a bill that he knew was fashioned to serve interests other than that of the public simply because of public sentiment and for fear of being in the wrong side of public opinion? Then he has no business ranting

I hope you are aware that federal government will have to shut down by midnight of June 31st if a budget is not in place? Payments of Federal civil servants, police, military, etc will have to stop. Do you know the impact of such occurrence on the economy? The choice before the president was that of two evils and he choose the lesser evil. In choosing the lesser evil, he also has a duty to place all the facts of the budget before Nigerians and he did just that. If not, it is opposition elements like you that will call him out when those critical infrastructures couldn't be delivered due to poor funding.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by gurunlocker: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2018
They should just say the project is for their pockets.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2018
obailala:
I pointed out the importance of quickly signing the budget and the economic detriments of continually having it delayed. I also pointed out clearly that in order not to keep the economy on 'freeze mode' indefinitely, it was important to sign the budget so the economic train can start moving, while the option of a supplementary budget (to correct the errors) can be exploited later.

All these issues were very clearly explained in the budget presentation speech, extracts of which I showed to you in my last post. Tonye, I'm sure you know comprehend my points very well, but are just trying to raise an argument for politics' sake. That explains why I find your arguments amusing.
Keep politics aside...

The constitution grant powers to the President to withhold assent if for any reason he is convinced that doing such will better serve public interest or for any other constitutional reasons.

The budget as signed as become Appropriation Act (law) and sending supplementary budget will not nullify the one in existence, it only supplement it.

Meaning, all the so-called budget padding and add-on from the legislators are now legal and bound to be implemented. Does this serve public interest?

Supplementary budget isn't an overriding budget, it only factors what wasn't captured in the Appropriation Act (budget).

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by oluwasegun007(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2018
Baba don't worry...
Make Magu supervisor to those projects.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by sureheaven(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
National Assembly already robbed us in the broad day light.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by akilo1: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2018
which VIP dey primary school that need toilet?assembly of thieves

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by obailala(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Keep politics aside...

The constitution grant powers to the President to withhold assent if for any reason he is convinced that doing such will better serve public interest or for any other constitutional reasons.

The budget as signed as become Appropriation Act (law) and sending supplementary budget will not nullify the one in existence, it only supplement it.

Meaning, all the so-called budget padding and add-on from the legislators are now legal and bound to be implemented. Does this serve public interest?

Supplementary budget isn't an overriding budget, it only factors what wasn't captured in the Appropriation Act (budget).
Withhold assent so the economy can be on a standstill till December 2018?... ANd then you and your fellow PDP minions will begin to dance shaku-shaku towards 2019?

By the way, in a supplementary budget, unnecessary items can be removed, or their figures cut down.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by yazach: 11:05am On Jun 22, 2018
meromero11:
The issue is not just reading about this looting strategy by the national assembly members but stopping them from actualizing this very fraudulent act in the budget. PMB can only inform the public about such but he cannot stop them. Only the people can stop them. Everyone should join hands with trakka or any other NGO in fighting corruption by whatever means.

My friend emulate the northerners who have started stoning the criminals called law makers from their region

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Orpe7(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
Amd yet these bastards will paste their faces on every item like say na their papa money dem take buy am.
All of them plus their generation no go die well.
Amen

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Ategberoson(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
despite the fact that this nass are crook and criminals, it still doesn't change the fact that buhari is a big failure

he must be sent off without any delay. human lives matter to me before this una yeye debate. he had failed as a father of the nation to protect the citizen regardless of tribes
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by mercyville: 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
CilicMarin:
lalasticlala come n see your representhieves.

You mean representathieves grin

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by chris94(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
Supply and purchase of vehicle for ideato youths, for real!!! Am sure somebody will die in that vehicle

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2018
seunmsg:

I hope you are aware that federal government will have to shut down by midnight of June 31st if a budget is not in place? Payments of Federal civil servants, police, military, etc will have to stop. Do you know the impact of such occurrence on the economy? The choice before the president was that of two evils and he choose the lesser evil.
There would be no logjam as the constitution already made provision for that particular scenario

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7034825_img20180427123302_jpegaf6f918e2ed8526422bbce7dbfe94f8a
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by GavelSlam: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

As much as I hate to say this publicly, NASS guys have shown to be greedy and selfish bunch.

Those ridiculous projects were inserted for them to have their own share of loot, that's all!!!

If they really care about the grassroots they shouldn't have voted against local government autonomy. Shame to them!

Now my question is, WHY DID BUHARI ASSENT TO IT?

Don't try to play foolish.

You write all those lengthy articles and now you pretend you have no idea about time limitation with budgets.

Makarfi money don dey blunt your brain abi?

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2018
obailala:
Withhold assent so the economy can be on a standstill till December 2018?... ANd then you and your fellow PDP minions will begin to dance shaku-shaku towards 2019?

By the way, in a supplementary budget, unnecessary items can be removed, or their figures cut down.
Section 82 of the constitution grants the President the power to withdraw money to meet basic necessities in event of non existent of budget pending when a new budget will come into force. Let's drop politics aside for once.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Don't try to play foolish.

You write all those lengthy articles and now you pretend you have no idea about time limitation with budgets.

Makarfi money don dey blunt your brain abi?
You don't get my point of argument though...
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Uceey17(m): 11:13am On Jun 22, 2018
Hmmmm, 9ja I hailooooo
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by bejeria101(m): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2018
This apc govt are plain crooks,most of the projects were initiated by the last administration,now you make them look as if they are new projects cos you want to steal möney for 2019! Not everybody is a dullard like you apc airheads.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by slowice(m): 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
They did it to gej and some people abused him silly for it now they ve done it to their messiah..... The truth is Nigeria is about the only country that is continously on reverse, a country that puts effort to get worse every year, it baffles me how Nigerians manages to be happy with their leaders..... Calling them big names like jagaban!
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by honor4me: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
adetoya234:
Word.
which word? Is he not in the country? Or he is in the country and not reading news and current affairs. PMB stood his ground was the reason the budget was delayed in being signed. He only accepted to reduce the suffering of the masses
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by GavelSlam: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You don't get my point of argument though...

The point is, the NASS deliberately delayed the budget so that the president would have no choice but to endorse it as a result of statutes of time limitation.

You had a better brain before though I daresay evil.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by HomeOfMe(f): 11:18am On Jun 22, 2018
CilicMarin:
All the projects are meant for States and Local governments, but the lazy lawmakers went ahead to criminally insert the projects for the Federal Government.

See for yourself.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/2018-budget-south-east-senators-express-shock-reported-cuts/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If this is truly the list then the National assembly is crazy. All those things would've gone straight into their individual accounts,awon ole.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by frankwyte: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2018
But the presidency said both the legislature and the executive discussed and agreed b4 it was sent for the president accent! na wao for this regime!
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by AlphaT1(m): 11:19am On Jun 22, 2018
meromero11:
The issue is not just reading about this looting strategy by the national assembly members but stopping them from actualizing this very fraudulent act in the budget. PMB can only inform the public about such but he cannot stop them. Only the people can stop them. Everyone should join hands with trakka or any other NGO in fighting corruption by whatever means.
Bros it is sad to say but d truth is that with dis current structure, no one can fight corruption in Nigeria.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by honor4me: 11:20am On Jun 22, 2018
slowice:
They did it to gej and some people abused him silly for it now they ve done it to their messiah..... The truth is Nigeria is about the only country that is continously on reverse, a country that ve puts effort to get worse every year, it baffles me how Nigerians manages to be happy with their leaders..... Calling them big names like jagaban!
You made me laugh. When did GEJ refused to sign the budget because it was padded. Only PMB refused the usual way of padding and getting away with it

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by smyo(m): 11:22am On Jun 22, 2018
This people think every body in this country is a cow, polithiefians

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Morikaih: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2018
And this is where I need my brothers to use their Voice

Where is RENO when he is needed most
Where is FFK?
Where is Senator Common sense? ?

PLEASE LET THEM COME TO OUR RESCUE ON THIS MATTER

PDP PLEASE WAKE UP AND HELP ASK QUESTIONS, WE NEED SOMEONE TO JUST HELP US ASK NASS QUESTIONS

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Abeyjide: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2018
one senator dey buy exercise book as constituency project.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by obailala(m): 11:31am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Section 82 of the constitution grants the President the power to withdraw money to meet basic necessities in event of non existent of budget pending when a new budget will come into force. Let's drop politics aside for once.
So the country should be run without a budget for 2018 because of Section 82?... Did you read the part of the speech I sent were it mentioned that the passage of the budget also helps states, LGAs and the private sector businesses in their planning?

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by seunmsg(m): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

There would be no logjam as the constitution already made provision for that particular scenario

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7034825_img20180427123302_jpegaf6f918e2ed8526422bbce7dbfe94f8a

Unfortunately I don't have access to my constitution right now but I think the section you quoted caps the limit of spending without appropriation to six months.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by largeman4u(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2018
Thief thief law spoilers... The cause will be on their household

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by tiredoflife(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2018
I see nothing wrong here
This is better than giving 5000naira to the said poor
This is more of empowerment
Since elections are coming
It should get to the people

This Is Awka ICC, In Anambra Not 02 Arena (Pictures) / Deji Adeyanju Denies Saying Peter Obi Offered Him Money / 2019: Buhari’s Men In Dilemma