Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers (36114 Views)

The Projects That Buhari Will Commission In Maiduguri - Photos / Photos Of The Projects Buhari Will Commission In Lagos Tomorrow / Ademola Adeleke Lists All The Projects He Completed In Just 12 Months (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by geezynoni: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
Construction of vip toilets.. Like wtf
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by IKEGOD21(m): 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
GEJDHERO:
I READ THAT TO CUT THIS HAIR, N78 MILLION NAIRA has been set aside in the 2018 budget. That is, N6.5million every month and about N213,000 every day. I mean Buhari will be spending N213,000 everyday just to cut hair. Meanwhile Buhari is the one accusing National Assembly of padding budget.

Please stop misleading people here if you don't have any fact..
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
Chaiiii,...thearis God ooooooooo
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Belluchii: 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2018
They are only representing their pocket and also want to frustrate the presidency's good job. i appreciate the fact that the president has came out to clarify issues, at least now we understand why the president has said that it will be difficult to implement because they reduced the cost of major projects and injected the projects meant for the state Government[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Vello(m): 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:
I have never supported the dullard from Daura, but this time around the lawmakers went too far, they do not have any right to add anything to that budget, their job is to vet not to draft a budget. Drafting a budget remains an exclusive job of the executive.
But this finally exposes how weak, dull and inept our president is. If things like this happen, stamp your foot on the ground, punish whoever that is culpable and stop claiming to fight corruption on the pages of newspapers and social media.
On the basis of democratic tenets, please tell and be succinct about what I you'd have done differently that would make a difference.
Seems lots of people just comment for comments sakes without ready grasping the implication of what they're saying.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by bigtt76(f): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2018
Projects they know they won't deliver on undecided

CilicMarin:
All the projects are meant for States and Local governments, but the lazy lawmakers went ahead to criminally insert the projects for the Federal Government.

See for yourself.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/2018-budget-south-east-senators-express-shock-reported-cuts/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
Vello:

On the basis of democratic tenets, please tell and be succinct about what I you'd have done differently that would make a difference.
Seems lots of people just comment for comments sakes without ready grasping the implication of what they're saying.
Seems that people are quoting for the sake of quoting.
Garnishing your words with grammar has not made it sound reasonable, try harder
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
sweetgala:

If he does what you say the budget would not pass through the NASS.

Between the NASS and the hyper corrupted civil servants who aid them Buhari is in-between a rock and a hard place
In conclusion Buhari is a toothless bull dog, all barking and no biting.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by GEJDHERO: 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
IKEGOD21:

Please stop misleading people here if you don't have any fact..
Check AsoRock budget its a fact.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by olumide4christ: 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
KenOne:
PDP is yet to speak because the people that perpetrated this evil are PDP and their members in principle. The one that concerns Nigeria PDP will not speak but the one that concerns them of charging their members to court for corruption they'll start disturbing Nigerians with useless press statement and writing letters to UN, US and European union.

NASS leadership that perpetrated this evil are Saraki member nPDP, Dogara nPDP, Ike Ekweremadu PDP, Senator Goje appropriation committee chairman nPDP, vice chairman appropriation committee PDP from South East, Dino Melaye nPDP, Abaribe PDP, senator Shehu Sani PDP sympathizer.

You all can see why PDP is yet to speak on this evil committed by this NASS because those majorly involved are their members and members in principle. Never again will God allow PDP to come back to power.

The PDP we saw before, and PDP we see now, we the children of God and good people of Nigeria will see them no more.

Word! Word!! Word!!!

You've said it all...anyone not okay with PMB's performance should look for the other smaller parties, adopt a candidate with good manifesto and prospects, and vote for him/her.

Let me also say that any Nigerian that goes ahead to vote these NASS members in 2019 on the basis of tribe or N5000/N10000 per vote & not performance is a traitor & does not have a right to complain or argue about anything the government does forthwith!

Let's move our nation forward!

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
Barzinime:

The President is a dullard and you are the smart one?

What are you doing presently/what have you achieved in life?
I wonder how some people calling someone that rules over you a dullard, cos i am wondering what does that make you? Brainiac? undecided
Oh please shut up
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by salford1: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
Oh Lord. I just want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to flee abroad when I had the chance.
These lawmakers have finished Nigeria. Very wicked people.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
KenOne:

Let PMB stand his ground to deal with them really same you and your likes will be the ones to shout witch hunt that he's out to persecute his passive enemies. By the way i hope you'll not be the first to shout oh! Igbo man because senate vice chairman on appropriation that perpetrated this evil act is a PDP man from South East.
Are south east senators the only one involved, why are you people bent on making it look like a south east affair, there are more than 100 senators and only 15 are from South East, like I said earlier, if The president has guts let him prosecute EVERYONE involved!!!!!
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by SoNature(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
dplordx:

As in:

Most of these projects are so patheticly elementary that a common financially stable individual can donate. Even some former beauty queens and youth corners are donating bigger projects. If these are the dividends of the house of assembly and reps, despite the obscene amounts of funds it cost to run it. It's like pouring $10 billions yearly on feeding 323 pigs who do nothing but get fat and squeal and pupu all over the place. Goddamn the senate and house of rep!

Guess what Nigerians like you know how to do?

Speak English while a few people hold their country in captivity

@the topic: why should any rational person blame NASS? Nobody has the moral grounds to blame them because the electorates expect 'dividends of democracy' from a lawmaker

This country is cursed!
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by hustler86(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Was it of public interest to sign a budget that was allegedly tampered by legislators and padded? If he cares about the peoples welfare all he had to do was withhold assent and exploit the relevant constitutional provision to factor "our" welfare.

Read and understand before you reply.... It's very important to do so.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by salford1: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:
Oloriburuku ni awon lawmakers wayi. Grinding Machine, sewing machine and golf cars. Se our revenue is for Jamboree? This lawmakers are not okay, they need so see a shrink.
The lawmakers would pocket around 1billion naira each, then buy 4 toks golf car or 20 grinding machine, all worth 2million naira to be distributed to their constituency. Chai....budget padding and stealing since 1999. How would the country not be a shiit hole.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Barzinime(m): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:

Oh please shut up
ovadozes, I know you are high on cheap drugs undecided
But you can say that again undecided
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:
I have never supported the dullard from Daura, but this time around the lawmakers went too far, they do not have any right to add anything to that budget, their job is to vet not to draft a budget. Drafting a budget remains an exclusive job of the executive.
But this finally exposes how weak, dull and inept our president is. If things like this happen, stamp your foot on the ground, punish whoever that is culpable and stop claiming to fight corruption on the pages of newspapers and social media.
punish elected senators how please? U must sha show your hatred for Buhari

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Vello(m): 2:41pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:

Seems that people are quoting for the sake of quoting.
Garnishing your words with grammar has not made it sound reasonable, try harder
Answer the question put to you. Stop being evasive
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Godwin616: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
basic23111:
obasanjo said it and we think his old age. this Nass are criminal
Now we understand why OBJ called them CRIMINALS.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by drnoel: 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2018
CilicMarin:
All the projects are meant for States and Local governments, but the lazy lawmakers went ahead to criminally insert the projects for the Federal Government.

See for yourself.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/2018-budget-south-east-senators-express-shock-reported-cuts/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Really this vexed the presidency? Who is the aggressor here after that fool still signs the budget? When he knew there was something wrong with it why did he sign it?

D man is a docile dog �, ....and u people were calling GEJ clueless when he stood up to there brigands in NASS
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by hush15: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
CilicMarin:

See for yourself.

Source:

Crilicmarin, think am now.... when states wont allow LGA like the ones we have in lagos have autonomy, how do you expect the LGAs to geniunely providny nigerians e this things you mentioned meanwhile, all those projects buhari listed itself are only self serving. No direct impact on the general populace.

How many nigerians have access to UN building or does UN building feed? Bugari doesnt even use the clinic in Aso Rock neither does anyone in his cabinet but no ordinary nigerian can access the same clinic, yet the amiunt budgeted for the clinic will do wonders in the live of ordinary nigerians and the clinics they use.. So i dont see anything wrong in the insertions. The presidency needs to balance direct and indirect benefits so we have a win win situation.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
salford1:

The lawmakers would pocket around 1billion naira each, then buy 4 toks golf car or 20 grinding machine, all worth 2million naira to be distributed to their constituency. Chai....budget padding and stealing since 1999. How would the country not be a shiit hole.
Those people are the real public enemy. I don't know what they want to gain in moving this country backward.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by badesco(m): 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
To be realistic, all those porjects inserted are worth while project that will benefit nigerians, so it is right for them to do so. I support it 100%
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Olumeme: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
Buhari needs money for election, over bloat budget figures.

NASS need money for election, pad the budget..

Buhari complained, sing different songs and later signed.

On the next one year, buhari will carry money, NASS will carry money..

Nigerians will be the biggest loosers.

But am with NASS any day, buhari is a criminal but always whipping up unnecessary sentiments painting the NASS bad, but they are all criminals.

They should enjoy their loots and let's have peace
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Godwin616: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
badesco:
To be realistic, all those porjects inserted are worth while project that will benefit nigerians, so it is right for them to do so. I support it 100%
Really? You must be kinding. The fact is that those vague projects you are seeing will never get executed. Its just a way to syphon money. Highly corrupt bunch of people. This is what has been going on for the past 16 years of PDP administration. It came to limelight because there is a new sherrif in town.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
CilicMarin:

See for yourself.

Source:

Projects meant for the local and state governments or not is not the issue here, but the truth is that they won't execute all these projects. They will simply collect the money and pocket it just like they have been doing since 1999.
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Adesolomon2014(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:

So that you can say he is an authoritarian abi

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by maasoap(m): 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
badesco:

Your mumu never do, Chai! You think that this is the first time they are inserting constituency projects into the national budget? If you were aware of it before, how many of such projects can you point to in your local government and state?
It looks like you didn't read the transcript of Sheu Sanni few months back on how the legislators normally use their own or cronies companies for the award of their constituent project so that the money can be easily diverted and looted without executing the project.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by slowice(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
valarmorghulis:

Why gej no talk

I am not trying to compare gej with bubu only pointing to our corrupt Senate, they did it before n they re doing it again
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by syntax50: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
i am almost 100% sure you fully supported that slowpoke from otueke,

ovadozes:
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by chukel(m): 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Was it of public interest to sign a budget that was allegedly tampered by legislators and padded? If he cares about the peoples welfare all he had to do was withhold assent and exploit the relevant constitutional provision to factor "our" welfare.
you are just a fellow criminal like the NASS. So after the damming evidence which they are not denying, u still used the word allegedly. You are a disgrace

Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau / Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54