Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers (35980 Views)

The Projects That Buhari Will Commission In Maiduguri - Photos / Photos Of The Projects Buhari Will Commission In Lagos Tomorrow / Ademola Adeleke Lists All The Projects He Completed In Just 12 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:38am On Jun 22, 2018
which one is VIP toilet for primary school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by popson23: 11:38am On Jun 22, 2018
You are on point, my brother!

obailala:
Tonye, the answer to that question is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Today is the 22nd of June, in 8 days time, half of 2018 will be gone, but we're still battling with 2018 budget?

You don't need to be told what would have happened if the president sent back that document to the NASS, definitely by September we'd still be talking about signing 2018 budget; and I don't need to tell you who would take all the blame if that happens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by mranarchy: 11:38am On Jun 22, 2018
pls tell me how can we have development with this urge reduction. other than promoting pocketing by buying pepper going machine

2 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari does not know his onion and that is the plain truth!

Now that the problem has been identified what was the remedy or do we keep discussing the problems

If it were his cows, what would he have done Explain that to him in this lay man's language
lol i believe buhari did a good thing by exposing this thief , because former presidents have not be able to do anything instead they will add their own project.this is the right step.
the budget have always been padded and no one knows about it untill buhari came onboard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2018
Oloriburuku ni awon lawmakers wayi. Grinding Machine, sewing machine and golf cars. Se our revenue is for Jamboree? This lawmakers are not okay, they need so see a shrink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by jogojogo: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2018
I don't like the daura man, his performance has been terrible but these guys in the National Assembly are a disaster to this Country. Very wicked set of leaders

3 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by valarmorghulis: 11:46am On Jun 22, 2018
slowice:
They did it to gej and some people abused him silly for it now they ve done it to their messiah..... The truth is Nigeria is about the only country that is continously on reverse, a country that puts effort to get worse every year, it baffles me how Nigerians manages to be happy with their leaders..... Calling them big names like jagaban!
Why gej no talk

4 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by otino(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2018
these projects don't have location and beneficiaries, all I see is, SOME YOUTHS, SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS, DESIGNATED SCHOOL.

3 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 22, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Now that the problem has been identified what was the remedy or do we keep discussing the problems

If it were his cows, what would he have done Explain that to him in this lay man's language

You folks aren't getting something straight. The President in his speech said something about difficulty in implementation of such budget proposals because they lack design and hasn't been costed. Use your head!

3 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Bishop4real: 11:49am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

As much as I hate to say this publicly, NASS guys have shown to be greedy and selfish bunch.

Those ridiculous projects were inserted for them to have their own share of loot, that's all!!!

If they really care about the grassroots they shouldn't have voted against local government autonomy. Shame to them!

Now my question is, WHY DID BUHARI ASSENT TO IT?

PMB assented to it bcoz of his love for the masses. Obviously, budget delays affect economy & it's the common man on the streets that bears the brunt of economic woes most of the time. Furthermore, further delay in signing wouldn't have thrown him in good light to the suffering masses. They definitely won't understand the President. Hungry man is an angry man!

But there are many ways to kill a rat. It's not written in stone that budget implementation must be 100%. So, Mr President can sign & carefully implement the ones very dear to his aspirations. He can starve these ridiculous insertions of funds. Interestingly, he promised to send supplementary budget to them & I strongly believe that the exclusions will be gracefully accommodated this time around.

So the gluttons can insert whatever they feel like inserting while Mr President will implement the ones most dear to the Nigerian populace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Born2Breed(f): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2018
Thieves all of them.

Executhieves
Legislooters

1 Like

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2018
meromero11:
The issue is not just reading about this looting strategy by the national assembly members but stopping them from actualizing this very fraudulent act in the budget. PMB can only inform the public about such but he cannot stop them. Only the people can stop them. Everyone should join hands with trakka or any other NGO in fighting corruption by whatever means.
i Think End #NASS Should Trend On Social Media For A Start.

3 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Shonhairtaipei(m): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2018
"utility vehicle for ideato youths,"my local government its in the budget . grin

2 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by uloewa: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2018
If Buhari's minister kemi does not release the money, how will they get the money for the project? Truth is buhari was just playing to the gallery. Was it not this same buhari that release 10billion to saraki and dogara to buy cars through fictitious companies? Please let us rest. He will make noise for the masses and then go and do something else at the back. Why is he not shouting about his 1 billion feeding money
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by uloewa: 11:55am On Jun 22, 2018
Bishop4real:

PMB assented to it bcoz of his love for the masses. Obviously, budget delays affect economy & it's the common man on the streets that bears the brunt of economic woes most of the time. Furthermore, further delay in signing wouldn't have thrown him in good light to the suffering masses. They definitely won't understand the President. Hungry man is an angry man!

But there are many ways to kill a rat. It's not written in stone that budget implementation must be 100%. So, Mr President can sign & carefully implement the ones very dear to his aspirations. He can starve these ridiculous insertions of funds. Interestingly, he promised to send supplementary budget to them & I strongly believe that the exclusions will be gracefully accommodated this time around.

So the gluttons can insert whatever they feel like inserting while Mr President will implement the ones most dear to the Nigerian populace.

WHY SEND SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET WHEN WE KNOW THE FIGURES FOR THE PROJECT ARE ALREADY HYPER INFLATED
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Ogunrancy: 11:58am On Jun 22, 2018
By fire by force means of getting money from National Cake.

Dont worry,collect it now after mismanaging it. EFCC will still run after u after 29th May,2019.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Bishop4real: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Read the comment you quoted again!

All he should have done was to withhold assent and give his reasons instead of assenting to it at same time complain.

Patriotism is about doing what is right irrespective of public opinion/sentiment

So that people like you, especially the opposition, will see what to feast on, abi? Of what use is supplementary budget if one can withold assent on the original budget indefinitely? Those who meant well for this country are happy with Mr President for exposing these crooks for who they really are. Nigerians are beginning to understand who their "real enemies" are & I assure you that the import of Mr President's actions now will be felt more in the course of processing 2019 budget. Slowly but surely we shall get there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Bishop4real: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
uloewa:

WHY SEND SUPPLEMENTARY BUDGET WHEN WE KNOW THE FIGURES FOR THE PROJECT ARE ALREADY HYPER INFLATED

Not necessarily to add to already inflated figures, but to reintroduce projects & figures that were maliciously cut off.

2 Likes

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by pafisayo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

As much as I hate to say this publicly, NASS guys have shown to be greedy and selfish bunch.

Those ridiculous projects were inserted for them to have their own share of loot, that's all!!!

If they really care about the grassroots they shouldn't have voted against local government autonomy. Shame to them!

Because the Budget needs to be signed!
Implementing also needs to commence
Not assenting it will technically stall things
And then Nigerians will call the president a dullard like we all don’t know he is and then every thing else that goes wrong economically will be dumped on him .
In my own opinion I think it’s a sacrifice he necessarily had to make but then I might Ben wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Barzinime(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:
I have never supported the dullard from Daura, but this time around the lawmakers went too far, they do not have any right to add anything to that budget, their job is to vet not to draft a budget. Drafting a budget remains an exclusive job of the executive.
But this finally exposes how weak, dull and inept our president is. If things like this happen, stamp your foot on the ground, punish whoever that is culpable and stop claiming to fight corruption on the pages of newspapers and social media.

The President is a dullard and you are the smart one?

What are you doing presently/what have you achieved in life?
I wonder how some people calling someone that rules over you a dullard, cos i am wondering what does that make you? Brainiac? undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by israelmao(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
This looks like an election campaign projects,it is a showdown between the legislature and the executive.

1 Like

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by GEJDHERO: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
I READ THAT TO CUT THIS HAIR, N78 MILLION NAIRA has been set aside in the 2018 budget. That is, N6.5million every month and about N213,000 every day. I mean Buhari will be spending N213,000 everyday just to cut hair. Meanwhile Buhari is the one accusing National Assembly of padding budget.

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by yusufbida(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
obailala:
Tonye, the answer to that question is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. Today is the 22nd of June, in 8 days time, half of 2018 will be gone, but we're still battling with 2018 budget?

You don't need to be told what would have happened if the president sent back that document to the NASS, definitely by September we'd still be talking about signing 2018 budget; and I don't need to tell you who would take all the blame if that happens.

Perfect Answer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Offisteven: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
The problems with this God blessed country are Nigerians themselves. The lawmakers have seen how gullible and foolish and even lazy Nigerian youths can be, that's why they take advantage of our stupidity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Gentlesniper(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
fiizznation:
Provision of VIP toilets in primary schools
We now know the real enemies of Nigeria.
The question remains, how do we stop them, cos these guys are really taking Nigerians for fools.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by basic23111: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
obasanjo said it and we think his old age. this Nass are criminal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by basic23111: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
GEJDHERO:
I READ THAT TO CUT THIS HAIR, N78 MILLION NAIRA has been set aside in the 2018 budget. That is, N6.5million every month and about N213,000 every day. I mean Buhari will be spending N213,000 everyday just to cut hair. Meanwhile Buhari is the one accusing National Assembly of padding budget.
u know that is false and its only senseless one will belief this nonsense
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by vickylincon(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

so he should not assent and kept the economy in a standstill
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by GEJDHERO: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2018
basic23111:
u know that is false and its only senseless one will belief this nonsense
but its true na
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by sweetgala(m): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovadozes:
I have never supported the dullard from Daura, but this time around the lawmakers went too far, they do not have any right to add anything to that budget, their job is to vet not to draft a budget. Drafting a budget remains an exclusive job of the executive.
But this finally exposes how weak, dull and inept our president is. If things like this happen, stamp your foot on the ground, punish whoever that is culpable and stop claiming to fight corruption on the pages of newspapers and social media.

If he does what you say the budget would not pass through the NASS.

Between the NASS and the hyper corrupted civil servants who aid them Buhari is in-between a rock and a hard place
Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by gabbasin: 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2018
this is the reason why gbaja can afford to gift his wife a car worth 100 million naira and still afford a house on banana island and insult us by saying he has been saving for the car for years, Money is being wasted in the name of making laws, these people are suppose to scrutinize the executive to make governance efficient and accountable but they collude to rob the treasury and make laws to favour themselves to the detriment of larger society.

1 Like

Re: The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

what could he (buhari) possibly do that people wonnt discredit with words like witch hunt & dictatorship. or is that not what we call every FG move to curb corruption ..... witch hunt yusuf has a bike ,,,, grin nothing start with perfection nor works in perfection
you think is easy to fight for people who are not ready to support !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Broken Neck: Man Imitates Fayose (Video) / Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Militants From Borno Town / Scenes From The Supreme Court After Makarfi Was Declared PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.