Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (27920 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Is G35x 2007 Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
Benz4pimp:
dont get wat u mean by anything that might go wrong....please explain ...sorry if I am disturbing,trying to gather necessarily info before paying

Said electrical faults and anything that could go wrong on a high-tech car like that.

Benz4pimp:
Picked up the G35 2006 already....added it to my fleet

Congrats. wink
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nurey(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
Benz4pimp:
dont get wat u mean by anything that might go wrong....please explain ...sorry if I am disturbing,trying to gather necessarily info before paying

I would have just advice you go for a G35 pre facelift because the VQ35DE is a cheaper engine than the VQ35HR, the former is also fitted into various lines of nissan V6 almost 10 vehicles plus.

If you want the same speed as the facelift a manual transmission (stick shift) 4 door sedan and a coupe packs 300 or 303hp and doesn't need premium fuel to achieve it.

the coupe is almost identical to a Nissan 350z in performance.

just my own two cents
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by kingreign(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
Kamalu5258:
I think I've got the G35 on my radar right now, was thinking of adding a 2005 BMW 5series to my Peugeot 607 which is my daily rider, from what I see here I'm definitely going for the Infiniti.
P.S no car is bad, give a car what it needs at the proper time and it'll serve you well. Was even surprised that it's the same engine on the QX4 and the 2004 Pathfinder which means it's cheap and easy to maintain. My G35 just has to be a Manual Tyranny sha, I have a knack for Manual Transmissions. 270hp with manual will tear up any car on the road.... It just has to be a manual

Scratch that evil car from your list. Some cars are manufactured by devil himself a Peugeot 607 IS one of them.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2018
nurey:

I would have just advice you go for a G35 pre facelift because the VQ35DE is a cheaper engine than the VQ35HR, the former is also fitted into various lines of nissan V6 almost 10 vehicles plus.

If you want the same speed as the facelift a manual transmission (stick shift) 4 door sedan and a coupe packs 300 or 303hp and doesn't need premium fuel to achieve it.

the coupe is almost identical to a Nissan 350z in performance.

just my own two cents

The V35 coupe DOES not pack the 300+HP. It's the same as the sedan. The bump in power only came about on the HR that was tuned for more power. The V36 (2007+) coupe does 330 HP, though. About 20 HP over the sedan.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
kingreign:

Scratch that evil car from your list. Some cars are manufactured by devil himself a Peugeot 607 IS one of them.

Trouble dey sleep, yanga wan wake am. Wonder when people will realize that French cars just aren't good options in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

2007 wasn't just a facelift, it was an entirely new generation. For one, 2007+ looks much better than the previous years.

Second and most important, the engine on 2007+ isn't the same as previous years. Previous years used the VQ35DE. 2007/2008 used the VQ35HR. 20 HP+ increase in power. A smoother, more performance-oriented torque curve.

Also the VQ35DE had oil burning issues, but they were fixed on the VQ35HR.

My next car will almost definitely be a G35, and I'd buy a 2007/2008.

Lol, mind yourself. A 2007 G35 no pass 2.3m if you import toks yourself. 2.5-2.7 if you buy from a dealer. They're cheap af in the US.

Same here, considering the G37 though. Saw it once in PHC, was such a beauty to behold.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kingsteve(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
Still on the matter.
M35

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Slazim: 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
KINGreignn:
Back in the days. Miss her
NB the fade like effect on the bonnet is actually early morning condensate or dew.
Please what really is the difference between this and a Pathfinder of its generation? What are also the differences considering fuel consumption and general maintenance?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Slazim: 7:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
chukel:
how come I don't see/feel this consumption you guys talk of.
Is it on the Infiniti QX4?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Readonee35L(m): 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
Infiniti M35X fuel consumption is not for the faint hearted .
My friends own is packed and now he drives his 2014 camry. Cos of fuel .
I wonder what he's gonna do if he drives the M45 v8 grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yungboss(m): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pipedreams:

UPDATED:

Yes o. Foolishly intimidated. I priced G35 full engine 150k and full gearbox 90k. While Toyota muscle full engine four plugs is 300k and v6 is 450k then 13pin gear box 250k and 22pin gear box for v6 550k! all in ladipo...i don't know why foolish Nigerians idolize Toyota. Nissan is a stronger and better brand but cos it has no good market in Nigeria, it's parts are cheap. U get more value for money. You pay so much for the so called cheap parts for toyota. Toyota parts like bushing, shocks and suspension parts are cheap cos they are all China. Go and price original Toyota part na. Original brisco shocks is 85k to 110k for the front leg. Ladipo goons don't import Nissan fakes cos no market so whatever u get is factory original!

Why people fear Nissan is because Toyota and Honda Kazeems dont understand its engine composition and sensors. If a toyota kazeem touches your Nissan thats the beginning of issues. If you cut corners and dont give it its correct oil or part it would give you issues. As in, instant reply. It doesnt manage. There are a lovely group of specialized Nissan and infiniti kazeems i use at ladipo grin Those guys dont touch toyota or honda. Strictly Nisaan and Infiniti. So I use them.

Dont mind lazy Toyota Kazeems that never want to update their knowledge and their brainless clients Who graduated with "Bsc hons"

Same way they crucify BMW and Mercedes and anything not Corolla or Camry.

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by nurey(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

The V35 coupe DOES not pack the 300+HP. It's the same as the sedan. The bump in power only came about on the HR that was tuned for more power. The V36 (2007+) coupe does 330 HP, though. About 20 HP over the sedan.

The V35 05-07 manual transmission coupe or sedan packed 298hp due to an addition of vvt to the one already available on the autos.

That to me isn't bad and as a bad guy I pick stick over auto for a sports oriented vehicle.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
kingreign:

What man doesn't understand he mystifies and condemns to Hades, the 607 I use now has been very good to me, it's my third Peugeot in three years. I've used a 206 TU3 engine, 406 Ew10 engine and now I'm on a 607 Ew12j4 engine and it has been nothing but fun. Let me burst your bubble, I purchased the 607 from a frustrated owner who didn't know what to do neither did his Kazeem have an idea on how to make the car run which I fixed with just a few tricks on the ignition, infact the mechanic didn't know how to set EW12J4 timing which was set within 30 mins, I even had to tow the car out of his compound so that he doesn't see me fix the car up and maybe increase the price because I saw through his frustration. You don't understand the system Peugeot cars work with so I won't blame you, my 607 is and always be my daily driver, the ride is a tank, all you have to do is buy a scanner and throw it in the boot and scan whenever it acts up and you'll know the exact component to fix. It's evil because you want to cut corners and when you don't cut corners, it'll be the best car you ever had, have your heard the OEM parts are so cheap and readily available? Don't call it evil just because you don't understand it and you can learn it's systems too if you so wish. Even when I get the infiniti, my 607 will still remain my daily driver because it's so reliable.

7 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Trouble dey sleep, yanga wan wake am. Wonder when people will realize that French cars just aren't good options in Nigeria.
I was once like you until I decided not to be ignorant.

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
Readonee35L:
Infiniti M35X fuel consumption is not for the faint hearted .
My friends own is packed and now he drives his 2014 camry. Cos of fuel .
I wonder what he's gonna do if he drives the M45 v8 grin grin

Surprisingly, the difference in fuel consumption isn't that large between the M35 and M45. My problem with the M45 would be maintenence as the engine bay is pretty darn cramped.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by chukel(m): 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2018
Slazim:

Is it on the Infiniti QX4?
yes
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Slazim: 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
chukel:
yes
OK, what has your own experience been like?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Readonee35L(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Surprisingly, the difference in fuel consumption isn't that large between the M35 and M45. My problem with the M45 would be maintenence as the engine bay is pretty darn cramped.
Exactly .
The fuel consumption of the Infinti m35 is actually not that bad.

I daily drive a v6 (2GR Suv) and its very comfortable, fuel economy is friendly (Ac always On)
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by thebigkendo(m): 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Am suprised..Toyota gang never come dis thread cheesy grin

Diportivo where your people dey?

Updated E don start grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Readonee35L:

Exactly .
The fuel consumption of the Infinti m35 is actually not that bad.

I daily drive a v6 (2GR Suv) and its very comfortable, fuel economy is friendly (Ac always On)

Daily drive a V6 (3MZ) too. Fuel economy isn't the best but it's not a big deal. As long as I'm comfortable and get to where I'm going to without stress.

Ultimately, fuel economy will almost never be a factor in my choice of vehicle purchases. Apart from Acura's. mess Acura's, the darn things are guzzlers.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Readonee35L(m): 11:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Daily drive a V6 (3MZ) too. Fuel economy isn't the best but it's not a big deal. As long as I'm comfortable and get to where I'm going to without stress.

Ultimately, fuel economy will almost never be a factor in my choice of vehicle purchases. Apart from Acura's. mess Acura's, the darn things are guzzlers.
One thing for sure.
If a modern vehicle at least 2007 upward has everything working in order No misfires, no missing Cats , o2 sensor .e.t.c
Then fuel eco should be fine at least mpg should be close to manufacturer spec.

But if you meet an abused v6 Haaaaa.... You go buy fuel tire cry
Abused v6 is the blood sucking demon your pastor warned you about .
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
Readonee35L:

One thing for sure.
If a modern vehicle at least 2007 upward has everything working in order No misfires, no missing Cats , o2 sensor .e.t.c
Then fuel eco should be fine at least mpg should be close to manufacturer spec.

But if you meet an abused v6 Haaaaa.... You go buy fuel tire cry
Abused v6 is the blood sucking demon your pastor warned you about .

Missing cats improve fuel economy, I believe. wink
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Readonee35L(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Missing cats improve fuel economy, I believe. wink
Maybe a bad Cat
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by YorubaEmir: 12:25am On Oct 18, 2018
Chai .... Baba God bless me make I follow my fellow Bobo de comment on auto section

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Timagex(m): 1:56am On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

Peugeot 607 is a devil? As in, its good? cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by fuckboys: 6:00am On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

kingreign , gazzuzz and their conterpacts are causing so much harm than good here on Nairaland. Leave people to buy the cars they love, you keep castgating other car brands in Nigeria cos you can't fix them. You want all Nigerians to drive just Toyota and Hondas so you guys won't run outta business. Go and learn how to fix other car brands for Christ sake and leave people to get the value of their hard earned money embarassed

13 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 18, 2018
fuckboys:
kingreign , gazzuzz and their conterpacts are causing so much harm than good here on Nairaland. Leave people to buy the cars they love, you keep castgating other car brands in Nigeria cos you can't fix them. You want all Nigerians to drive just Toyota and Hondas so you guys won't run outta business. Go and learn how to fix other car brands for Christ sake and leave people to get the value of their hard earned money embarassed

Seconded. I remember when i called one of them from Nairaland. He simply said sorry i dont touch Nissans. I was like wtf? Is this one a professional at all?

10 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by kingreign(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2018
fuckboys:
You like choking on my name. It seems you have nightmare about me always.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Whynow(m): 7:10am On Oct 18, 2018
Costee:
"...I flushed the gear oil and bought MaticJ fluid...You drank 9liters"
By flushed I presume you mean drain and refill. In that case 9 litres is excessive. You shouldn't need more than 5.5/6 litres.

Yes never flush a transmission...
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by kingreign(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2018
Kamalu5258:
What man doesn't understand he mystifies and condemns to Hades, the 607 I use now has been very good to me, it's my third Peugeot in three years. I've used a 206 TU3 engine, 406 Ew10 engine and now I'm on a 607 Ew12j4 engine and it has been nothing but fun. Let me burst your bubble, I purchased the 607 from a frustrated owner who didn't know what to do neither did his Kazeem have an idea on how to make the car run which I fixed with just a few tricks on the ignition, infact the mechanic didn't know how to set EW12J4 timing which was set within 30 mins, I even had to tow the car out of his compound so that he doesn't see me fix the car up and maybe increase the price because I saw through his frustration. You don't understand the system Peugeot cars work with so I won't blame you, my 607 is and always be my daily driver, the ride is a tank, all you have to do is buy a scanner and throw it in the boot and scan whenever it acts up and you'll know the exact component to fix. It's evil because you want to cut corners and when you don't cut corners, it'll be the best car you ever had, have your heard the OEM parts are so cheap and readily available? Don't call it evil just because you don't understand it and you can learn it's systems too if you so wish. Even when I get the infiniti, my 607 will still remain my daily driver because it's so reliable.
https://www.breakeryard.com/car-parts/peugeot/607/common-problemshttps://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/607-42/peugeot-607-2-2hdi-problems-20821/#/topics/20821https://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/ftopic-3676.html

I can still dig more out!
Its like having a Land Rover Freelander and telling me it's very reliable. You only buy them for brand loyalty.

Foot note: I've owned my current car a Lexus RX330 for 5years and I've not replaced a simple plug or fuel pump and it has never had a misfire. I only change it's fluids and brake pads. Its just when I travelled with it last month I bumped into a very nasty pothole at night that broke it's shocks hydraulics.

Hope your 607 is as reliable as this.

Coming from a Newbie who just created a moniker yesterday evening to wake up and beef me. Why not come at me with your real and main moniker.

You lie and you live a fake life. Peugeot 607 never sold well. They're a flop.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by fuckboys: 8:14am On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

Seconded. I remember when i call one of them from Nairaland. He simply said sorry i dont touch Nissans. I was like wtf? Is this one a professional at all?
and they're quick to call other mechanics 'KAzeemz', bro what's the difference between you and them? sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

These Amazing Art Pieces Were Created From Salvaged Vintage Car Parts / Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.