Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 (27934 Views)

I Want To Sell My Infiniti G35 2008 Model Asap / My Infiniti G35: From Boston To My Doorstep / Is G35x 2007 Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by thebigkendo(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

https://www.breakeryard.com/car-parts/peugeot/607/common-problemshttps://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/607-42/peugeot-607-2-2hdi-problems-20821/#/topics/20821https://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/ftopic-3676.html

I can still dig more out!
Its like having a Land Rover Freelander and telling me it's very reliable. You only buy them for brand loyalty.

Foot note: I've owned my current car a Lexus RX330 for 5years and I've not replaced a simple plug or fuel pump and it has never had a misfire. I only change it's fluids and brake pads. Its just when I travelled with it last month I bumped into a very nasty pothole at night that broke it's shocks hydraulics.

Hope your 607 is as reliable as this.

Coming from a Newbie who just created a moniker yesterday evening to wake up and beef me. Why not come at me with your real and main moniker.

You lie and you live a fake life. Peugeot 607 never sold well. They're a flop.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009/521353-rx-330-help-too-many-problems.html

https://blog.cargurus.com/2013/06/17/when-a-lexus-turns-into-a-lemon

tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 10:04am On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

https://www.breakeryard.com/car-parts/peugeot/607/common-problemshttps://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/607-42/peugeot-607-2-2hdi-problems-20821/#/topics/20821https://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/ftopic-3676.html

I can still dig more out!
Its like having a Land Rover Freelander and telling me it's very reliable. You only buy them for brand loyalty.

Foot note: I've owned my current car a Lexus RX330 for 5years and I've not replaced a simple plug or fuel pump and it has never had a misfire. I only change it's fluids and brake pads. Its just when I travelled with it last month I bumped into a very nasty pothole at night that broke it's shocks hydraulics.

Hope your 607 is as reliable as this.

Coming from a Newbie who just created a moniker yesterday evening to wake up and beef me. Why not come at me with your real and main moniker.

You lie and you live a fake life. Peugeot 607 never sold well. They're a flop.
For one thing, this is my real moniker, I just joined nairaland, for another, all the Peugeot cars I've owned have served me well, because I understand them to the very last, I won't get in the mud with you, but if you need to be educated more on understanding car maintenance no matter how tricky or complicated they might be, you can hit me up. My 607 serves me well. Let me even make this clear to you, I do at least 100-150km daily because of the nature of my job and the Feline has been holding up well since April this year when I got her. Meet me on the freeway with your weak Lexus and I'll dust your ass with my pug even when it's an I4 and yes it's an EW12 yes that EW12 that the uneducated mechanics condemn that it's a bad engine just because they decided to be ignorant and refused to learn to do the right thing. Instead of humans to learn, they condemn. Enjoy your Lexus while I enjoy my 607. Did I buy the car with your money?

11 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by diportivo: 10:12am On Oct 18, 2018
dem go still vex when this mecho says he doesn't touch GAC grin

Nigerians and trying to dictate how someone else should live his life undecided

the cloth seller apprentice is right tho......encourage people to buy what they love..that you don't fix it doesn't mean people shldnt ride it angry

altho saying they encourage certain brands cos they don't wanna go out of business is foolish undecided

thebigkendo:
Am suprised..Toyota gang never come dis thread cheesy grin

Diportivo where your people dey?

Updated E don start grin grin grin grin grin

apparently cheesy

na pijo levels dem wan use enter the junction grin

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:19am On Oct 18, 2018
fuckboys:
and they're quick to call other mechanics 'KAzeemz', bro what's the difference between you and them? sad

What's this nonsense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with choosing not to work on specific brands. Better to focus on your strengths and the best market.

I mean, there are techies that only work on specific parts, even. Maybe only transmissions, and won't touch any other parts of a car. It's called specializing and anyone with half a brain knows that's how you make the big bucks.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by kingreign(m): 11:19am On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

What's this nonsense. There's absolutely nothing wrong with choosing not to work on specific brands. Better to focus on your strengths and the best market.

I mean, there are techies that only work on specific parts, even. Maybe only transmissions, and won't touch any other parts of a car. It's called specializing and anyone with half a brain knows that's how you make the big bucks.

Don't mind the dolt.
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by thebigkendo(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Kamalu5258:

For one thing, this is my real moniker, I just joined nairaland, for another, all the Peugeot cars I've owned have served me well, because I understand them to the very last, I won't get in the mud with you, but if you need to be educated more on understanding car maintenance no matter how tricky or complicated they might be, you can hit me up. My 607 serves me well. Let me even make this clear to you, I do at least 100-150km daily because of the nature of my job and the Feline has been holding up well since April this year when I got her. Meet me on the freeway with your weak Lexus and I'll dust your ass with my pug even when it's an I4 and yes it's an EW12 yes that EW12 that the uneducated mechanics condemn that it's a bad engine just because they decided to be ignorant and refused to learn to do the right thing. Instead of humans to learn, they condemn. Enjoy your Lexus while I enjoy my 607. Did I buy the car with your money?

Baba Chop knuckle

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by kingreign(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Kamalu5258:

The last time I checked, only 3 countries manage a Peugeot; England, Nigeria and France. Unfortunately, France signed alliances with Ford's and Nissan and Renault and Fiat only thus leaving Peugeot high and dry. Unlike a Lexus that's recognized in 5 continents. By the way, the last time I checked, I still raced my Lexus to 180km/h as I have always done it for thit past 5years. Now, who's weak and who's car's a failure?

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by diportivo: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2018
can't it just be to every man,his own ni?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

The last time I checked, only 3 countries manage a Peugeot; England, Nigeria and France. Unfortunately, France signed alliances with Ford's and Nissan and Renault and Fiat only thus leaving Peugeot high and dry. Unlike a Lexus that's recognized in 5 continents. By the way, the last time I checked, I still raced my Lexus to 180km/h as I have always done it for thit past 5years. Now, who's weak and who's car's a failure?

Lol, leave them, bro. Who nor go, nor know. wink
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

The last time I checked, RX330 does 220km/h my I4 Peugeot 607 does 260km/h when travelling, my cruising speeds are 170-180km/h I can keep it that way from Abuja to Lokoja by the time your RX330 hits 220 (if it hasn't somersaulted by then), I'll still have a good 40km/h to smoke you out. And yes my Peugeot can hardly somersault because it has Limited slip differential which the Japanese are scared to develop on their vehicles Toyota/Lexus especially

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 1:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

You see why I say you are ignorant? The PSA group comprises of Peugeot(as the leader), Renault, Citroen, DS, and Opel which they recently acquired from GM. They're in France, Nigeria, Kenya, Australia,China, Iran , USA in 2020 etc. The whole of Europe is filled with Peugeot cars. The engine on the 208 is the same on the Mini Cooper and BMW I4 not to talk about their innovations with Electric driven Technology, in 2020 all their models will have electric variants. Or is it how technologically advanced even their old model cars are? Just a little information to clear your ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Philadelphia: 2:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
kingreign:

Kingreign, I used to respect your posts on nairaland because they seem matured but I am surprised that you're exchanging words here. Now this has made you to even speak out of place. He sad he does between 100 - 150km (distance) daily due to the nature of his job but you're here talking speed (km/h) . "Km" is different from "km/h".

Kamalu5258:

Kingreign, it's better you just drop the argument. You're respected and don't lose your respect.

All these said, I am not bashing Kamalu5258. If he says his car (Peugeot 607) is the best, then leave him to say so. After all, you don't know the condition of his car. What if his Peugeot 607 is brand new and your Lexus is Naija used or even tokunboh? The point is; "a car is neither the worst nor the best because it falls under a brand name. It's present condition matters a lot. With that said, some brands have stood out the test of time.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. In legal terms; everyone has freedom of speech. ✌

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
The truth is no car is the best, the only problem I have is people condemning a product just because they've
perceived it in a particular light. What many people don't understand is that most automobile companies nowadays are in such stiff competition that they even source components from one circle of suppliers. I'm a very open minded person and someone opened my eyes to the infiniti which I did a little research about and realised its actually a wonderful car also. Most of us here claim we are educated but sometimes fail to apply education to real life. When someone says something, check it out yourself and you'll be surprised about the wonderful things you'll discover about that topic. We aren't here to fight but to learn, and I've been learning a whole lot of positive things here. In the last 24 hours I've learnt to respect the infiniti brand even I never gave attention to it, so also people should ask questions about stuff they don't understand instead of condemning based on their limited knowledge........... [b][/b]Drops Microphone
Philadelphia:

Kingreign, I used to respect your posts on nairaland because they seem matured but I am surprised that you're exchanging words here. Now this has made you to even speak out of place. He sad he does between 100 - 150km (distance) daily due to the nature of his job but you're here talking speed (km/h) . "Km" is different from "km/h".

Kingreign, it's better you just drop the argument. You're respected and don't lose your respect.

All these said, I am not bashing Kamalu5258. If he says his car (Peugeot 607) is the best, then leave him to say so. After all, you don't know the condition of his car. What if his Peugeot 607 is brand new and your Lexus is Naija used or even tokunboh? The point is; "a car is neither the worst nor the best because it falls under a brand name. It's present condition matters a lot. With that said, some brands have stood out the test of time.

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. In legal terms; everyone has freedom of speech. ✌

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kamalu5258:
The last time I checked, RX330 does 220km/h my I4 Peugeot 607 does 260km/h when travelling, my cruising speeds are 170-180km/h I can keep it that way from Abuja to Lokoja by the time your RX330 hits 220 (if it hasn't somersaulted by then), I'll still have a good 40km/h to smoke you out. And yes my Peugeot can hardly somersault because it has Limited slip differential which the Japanese are scared to develop on their vehicles Toyota/Lexus especially

Eh!! 220kmh ke? E for don somarsault na hahah..iv done 190km on my G35 no shaking..the steering was so stiff and e balance on zero gravity

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by oride: 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedream, I really appreciate this thread. Nissan's/Infiniti are actually great cars if you have a good maintenance culture. Same with most marques. I have seen abused Toyotas disgrace their owners. Infact, my Honda City messed me up a few weeks back because a trusted individual couldn't carry periodic maintenance. Today, that car is in great shape.

To each their own, feel free to get whatever tickles your fancy.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

Eh!! 220kmh ke? E for don somarsault na hahah..iv done 190km on my G35 no shaking..the steering was so stiff and e balance on zero gravity

Done 180km/h on my ES330. I don't think it could have gone much faster than that, tbh, but it still felt grounded.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yungboss(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kamalu5258:
Lol

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Done 180km/h on my ES330. I don't think it could have gone much faster than that, tbh, but it still felt grounded.

Es330 is cool. That rx 330 doesnt look stable o. The car just hang for air. Guys dont risk ur lives. Cars like g35, IS350 and C350 are sports sedans built for speed.

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by CityNGR: 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ooshey....next time make sure I am a major beneficiary of your Will and testament

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Kamalu5258(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

I've hit 210km/h once on my 607 racing one guy with Sonata that thought his Hyundai can run grin

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
Don't mess with the kompressors too.fast as Bleep.
Did 180kph and the demon was just asking for more gas to continue speeding shocked
P.s,always put it in sport mode,before you toast your tranny

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kamalu5258:
I've hit 210km/h once on my 607 racing one guy with Sonata that thought his Hyundai can run grin
those bitches,when they get to 140kph,they are flat out.
Race a benz,u go know how far!!!

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by fuckboys: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

this should be the last time you'd ever quote me in your life
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yungboss(m): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

Es330 is cool. That rx 330 doesnt look stable o. The car just hang for air. Guys dont risk ur lives. Cars like g35, IS350 and C350 are sports sedans built for speed.
What maximum speed have you reached in the G?
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yungboss(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2018
CityNGR:

Ooshey....next time make sure I am a major beneficiary of your Will and testament
I and a friend, in Dec 2015..
In my 1996 e36 328iS, he in his 2006 e90 330i.
I tried hanging on with him at 230km/h. I could not...as he kept increasing the lead...I miss those cars.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
yungboss:

I and a friend, in Dec 2015..
In my 1996 e36 328iS, he in his 2006 e90 330i.
I tried hanging on with him at 230km/h. I could not...as he kept increasing the lead...I miss those cars.

I wish I had the courage to buy a BMW. Sadly, I'm not quite brave enough at the moment. Maybe when everywhere stew and I can afford such excesses.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
yungboss:

What maximum speed have you reached in the G?

190km /h

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I wish I had the courage to buy a BMW. Sadly, I'm not quite brave enough at the moment. Maybe when everywhere stew and I can afford such excesses.
Are the parts so expensive?? I doubt o. For 2009 n lower
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

Are the parts so expensive?? I doubt o. For 2009 n lower

Parts are probably cheaper than Jap cars', funny enough. Not buying because I don't have power for car wahala. One thing I can post about my car is that I've never gotten into it and it didn't start. It's also never stopped me on the road. A BMW, though, who even knows? cheesy
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yungboss(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

It's all good bro

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by yungboss(m): 9:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
Pipedreams:

190km /h
Nice one. 13.8s @402m. Very impressive
Re: A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Parts are probably cheaper than Jap cars', funny enough. Not buying because I don't have power for car wahala. One thing I can post about my car is that I've never gotten into it and it didn't start. It's also never stopped me on the road. A BMW, though, who even knows? cheesy

My next car would be a C350 benz 2012 and above. I love it because of its class not neccessarily the power. A G35 is faster

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car / Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.