Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Symptoms And Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Symptoms And Treatment (1043 Views)

Have You Experienced Ulcer Or Acid Reflux Before? / If You Have Ever Cured Acid Reflux And Ulcer Help Me / Help Ulcer And Acid Reflux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Symptoms And Treatment by healthyfamily16(m): 2:49am On Jun 28, 2018
[img]https://okoroblog.com/heartburn-and-acid-reflux-535-2/heartburn-and-acid-reflux/[/img]
click here to see foods that are making you to gain weight https://okoroblog.com/food-that-are-making-you-fat-566-2/
Heartburn and Acid Reflux, symptoms and treatment

Symptoms and Treatment and Management

Most asked question by Newly Diagnosed.

What could be causing my heartburn?
Do I have acid reflux disease?
Do I have to make any changes to my diet
Do I need any medicine?
Already being treated?

Am I at the risk of complications from acid reflux disease?
I take my medicine every day, but I’m still having heartburn symptoms, what can I do?
Is there anything else I can do in my daily life to help?
Could any other medicines I’m taking affect my heartburn?
Your stomach makes acid to help break down food so you can digest it. When you have heartburn and acid reflux, your LES (LOWER ESOPHAGEAL SPHINCTER) opens when it shouldn’t. this cause acid from your stomach to wash back up into your esophagus, or even into your throat and mouth.

Over time, the content backwash of stomach acid can irritate and damage your esophagus. If this happens, it can lead to these complications:

* Ulcers, bleeding sores in your esophagus

*Stricture, scar damage that narrows your esophagus and makes it hard to swallow

* Barrett’s esophagus, changes in the cells of your esophagus that can lead to cancer.

YOUR DOCTOR CAN HELP YOU MAKE A PLAN TO PREVENT OR TREAT COMPLICATIONS,

SYMPTOMS

Having heartburn more than two times a week is the most common symptom of acid reflux disease or GERD [gastro esophageal reflux disease}. But you also might notice these signs:

* chest pain especially at night or when lying down

* Hoarseness or sore throat

* Bitter or acid taste in your mouth

* Trouble swallowing or feeling like food gets stuck in your throat

* Frequent burping

* Symptoms getting worse after eating or when lying down

If you already take medicine for acid reflux and your symptoms come back or get worse, it could be assign that your treatment needs to be adjusted. At each visit to your doctor make sure you share how you’re feeling with your doctor.

CAUSES read more here https://okoroblog.com/heartburn-and-acid-reflux-535-2/
lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Symptoms And Treatment by MEDICALEX: 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2018
nice one
Re: Heartburn And Acid Reflux, Symptoms And Treatment by MEDICALEX: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
how about the treatments

(1) (Reply)

Best Hospital In Port Harcourt Nigeria / COVID-19: Why The Kano Index Case Must Go To Jail-- The Moving Story / (VIDEO) China Nose Mask Vs Made In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.