Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? (12749 Views)

What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by spookydee(m): 11:54am On Jun 28, 2018
alienvirus:
Electricity in my area in Lagos has been very good. We hardly have power outage since 2 months ago. I always turn off my refrigerator. I haven't refill my gas cylinder since 2 months ago. My generator has been on unprecedented holiday.

Kudos to whoever that's making it happen. I hope it continues forever.

Yes. I know we are in rainy season. I am sure this is not the first rainy season in Nigeria.

Nairalanders what's the situation in your area?

Quite fair.
7.30am - 10.30am
12.40pm - 5.00pm
10pm - 4am.

I would say pretty fair

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by kennyz247(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2018
since argentina win nigeria ,we nova get light for my yonda ooo,zaria ,muchia to b precise
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by alienvirus: 11:56am On Jun 28, 2018
OhiOfIhima:
Area pls for us to confirm. Who knows if u are working for APC

For transparency sake, conduct your survey/research between Lucky Fibre and Imota, Ikorodu Lagos. Don't skip GSM, Maya, Adamo etc. Come back and tell me the story.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by youngberry001(m): 11:56am On Jun 28, 2018
worst worses worsest here niger state undecided

thunder fire our nepa's here in minna
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Bossontop(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2018
After naija match 2days ago we neva see light oo for kaduna
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2018
RoaringLion11:

hahahaha.....guy i can't just stop laughing here .....but why is your own always different...what are you doing where there is no pole,wire..let alone transformer...I beg..

the force is here again?

I don't like this ur name Roaring lion...It scares me.....

why not go for any of soft names.........pls.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by joyfit: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Interior part of ogbomosho.

It's a lie
I'm from Ogbomoso too, before I usually spend up to 5k for petrol in my shop in a week, but now I use #1300 petrol for 2 to 3 weeks

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by sommyfred(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
yaounde Cameroon 24/7 electricity
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Krucifax(m): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
alienvirus:

Really? I don't even know anyone in government. I am a Nigerian.

Then you must not live in Nigeria if you do not know that constant black outs are a constant part of life.
You LIED about having light constantly for 2 months when the people who provide the light themselves advised that they've had near total collapse in the last 2 months.
Unless you have your own power grid stop creating false narratives. If you are not evil and operating under false pretext we should be holding the government to account not celebrating fake and mediocre achievements. Shame on you by the way.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by czarina(f): 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Jos. Light where I stay is lit. Very certain I'm not refilling my cylinder in a long time. Check my profile smiley

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
About 22 hours of power a day. Ikeja, Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Krucifax(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2018
spookydee:

Quite fair.
7.30am - 10.30am
12.40pm - 5.00pm
10pm - 4am.

I would say pretty fair

I feel sorry for you if you feel this is fair. But it's not your fault as you dont know any better. As they say in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by alienvirus: 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
Krucifax:

Then you must not live in Nigeria if you do not know that constant black outs are a constant part of life.
You LIED about having light constantly for 2 months when the people who provide the light themselves advised that they've had near total collapse in the last 2 months.
Unless you have your own power grid stop creating false narratives. If you are not evil and operating under false pretext we should be holding the government to account not celebrating fake and mediocre achievements. Shame on you by the way.

Maybe you skipped this.

For transparency sake, conduct your survey/research between Lucky Fibre and Imota, Ikorodu Lagos. Don't skip GSM, Maya, Adamo etc. Come back and tell me the story.

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by busar(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
The op is actually right to some extent. Some places in ikorodu have steady power supply but areas like igbogbo, ebutte, agric etc do not....

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Ndkings1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2018
We barely have 4hours supply a day.... We have not seen light since yesterday night... Alapere ketu
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
joyfit:

It's a lie
I'm from Ogbomoso too, before I usually spend up to 5k for petrol in my shop in a week, but now I use #1300 petrol for 2 to 3 weeks

Let us be truthful for once....joyfit let's be truthful....
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by obataokenwa(m): 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
I won't lie, my area in Abuja for the past two weeks now we've had 24\7 uninterrupted power supply. It has been like this anyway before now but it really improved to being permanent and full current.

3 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nightwolf1: 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
RoaringLion11:

At least for what you have heard ,,it means things are getting better.....everyday should not be for complaining...there is improvement in that sector..

What improvement is there to show for it with majority of the people groping in darkness?
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by semyman: 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
This is not what the paid news agents and looters' agents want to hear, it won't give them the necessary kicks and for their pay masters to be wallowing in self deceits.
But if you must know the truth; the situation on the Lagos/Ogun axis is average of 22/23 hours daily supply for the last 6 months. Some days, it will only trip off for 2 minutes and supply restored.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by calyto: 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
4pm to 10pm, 12am-6am. Ifako Ijaiye, close to Hon. Saka's liason office.
We used to have less than 4 hours light before so i consider this as an improvement. However, we still have a very long way to go.

Reason: I always find myself dragging IKEDC and reporting them to all agencies including human rights NGOs before they fix issues.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by AceVentura: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
Very good

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by engrjacuzzi: 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
here at Yaba, precisely in Akintola, the light situation is very encouraging. I had 23 hours light yesterday both Nepa and Generator

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by don4real18(m): 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
Really bad
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Ajiswaggs(m): 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2018
We dey enjoy light for osun but for Niger state especially Bida...light is bad
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by murmee: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
electricity supply to Ajao Estate (Airport road) has become terrible. Last week, for 7 whole days, there was no light. Light was restored on the 8th day and the day after. Since Tuesday of this week and up to now, there's no light.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Rikidony(m): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
CALABAR SOUTH TO BE PRESIZE, AMIKA UTUK AREA, NO LIGHT THREE MONTH GOING DUE TO TRANSFORMER ISSUE, THE TRANSFORMER IS NOT EVEN UP TO A YEAR WE BOUGHT IT, WE DID A PROTEST TO PHEDC OFFICE AND THEY PROMISE TO CHECK IT IN FOUR DAYS TIME, BUT TILL NOW NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.

BUT NEIGHBOURING STREET ARE HAVING CLOSE TO CONSTANT LIGHT SO EVERY THING IS GOOD

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by femmy2010(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
alienvirus:
Electricity in my area in Lagos has been very good. We hardly have power outage since 2 months ago. I always turn off my refrigerator. I haven't refill my gas cylinder since 2 months ago. My generator has been on unprecedented holiday.

Kudos to whoever that's making it happen. I hope it continues forever.

Yes. I know we are in rainy season. I am sure this is not the first rainy season in Nigeria.

Nairalanders what's the situation in your area?

great too in Oko - Oba ,Agege
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by YANDE800(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
okosodo:
No light for 2 weeks now and no explanation from BEDC. Ikpoba hill, benin city

POWER OUTAGE IN IHOVBOR AND OKADA 132KV LINES

BEDC wishes to inform our esteemed customers in the following areas; ASABA RD, AUCHI RD, I-HILL ADUWAWA AMUFI, IKUENIRO, FHE, EYAEN, IDOKPA, EGA TOWN, IGUOBAZUWA, OKOMU, NEW RD , IHOVBOR COMMUNITY , OLUKU, UNIBEN, UBTH, UGBOWO, OLUKU, EKIADOLOR, IGUOSA, USELU, FGGC , OKADA TOWN and its environs that the current power outage being experienced is due to an explosion at the Ihovbor Power Plant/TCN Substation resulting to the breakdown of 1 x150MVA, 330/132KV transformer.
We appeal for patience and kind understanding of our customers in these areas as the technical crew from TCN are working hard to restore power supply as soon as possible. We regret all inconveniences incurred as a result of these outage.
Thank you.

Signed
Management
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
Not bad.
But it was raining heavily yesterday and IBEDC refused to take the light . Then lightning struck two times and help them off the light the second time. You know the rest.
I hope dem repair this thing soon o

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by alienvirus: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nbote:
Una don start... D mumu above already calling enemies, are U in every area? Some of U are jus plain pathetic and annoying. Even d govt admitted to a collapse in d national grid but I'm guessing U ppl are using international grid.. All of U have 24hrs lite but yet during world cup matches una go dey nairaland dey swear for PHCN... I have only watched one world cup match using PHCN, in d areas around me and in most part of Niger state, d so called power state their is NO LITE

U see where ur generalisation has got U?? D same Ikorodu U claim now enjoys steady lite is d same Ikorodu u are responding OK to wen someone mentioned dey haven't seen lite for days....

I am sure, on this thread. You only see what you want to read.
Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Mutemenot(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
I wonder why we should even glory out power system. Electricity is meant to be uninterruptible . I have lived in abroad for about 5 years, only once we had blackout which was restored in less than 20 minutes and d reasons behind the blackout was known to everyone .
In my area, I had no light die over 3 months, lands later got the system repaired, we had to pay 100k to BEDC officials to switch n regulate the transformer. Since then our light has bn worst, sometimes total of 4 hours a day while in some cases no light for 2 to 3 days .
D worst part of it was that they brought bills for the months the transformer was damaged .
It's better we return the power system to NEPA. They are better than these individual companies

1 Like

Re: How Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by shedy03(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
rainfall cause blackout is the situation in bwari, abuja.
whenever rain falls, there will be no electricity from that moment till two or more days after.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi: We Can Wipe Off Multidimensional Poverty In Less Than A Decade / David Ejoor's View About The Civil War / Why We Can’t Probe Dogara, Others – House Ethics Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.