Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? (3843 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Why Do People Hate Catholic Church So Much? / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by lactemps(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
The funny thing is that most people have made their lives "ungovernable", so instead of tryn to be under someone, they believe they can get to God by being a GO of a new Church.

The money that comes in from "new fashion" way of preaching, The tithe, the fashion craze, all the "Sowing seeds" that comes in from members, all these are mostly why people set up these mushroom churches.

God has a lot 2 judge when He comes. Lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
redsun:

Conclusively,it all boils down to delusion.
Word Bruv

hayyah:

most of them, especially women are looking for miracles. that is how some unlucky one usually fall into the wrong hands. may almighty God deliver us, especially all our women from this evil temptation! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Miracles abi husband. Most of them have don $h *t so bad and they need a 'good' husband to settle down wit.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by logic101: 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
Nigerians are busy looking for the truth in church
let me tell u the truth
The country called nigeria is a failure
its worse of than it was 10 years ago
the average nigerian is confused ignorant and keeps waiting for god to come and build the country
70 % of its populations lives on 1 $ a day
our government are myopic intellectually daft beyond redemption and self centered
so the truth is changing churches to get miracles which would make u rich or prosperous is a waste of time
if we want to succedd in nigeria we got to change the mindset and start doing practical things rather than looking for God to do it for us cause it wont happen
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by asamuel: 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ poster, you mean if you see reverend fathers who are supposed to be good examples now sleeping with minors as we hear all over the world and in Benin recently, you will still stay with your catholic church?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by mamagee3(f): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
Duh!

Cause they want quick miracle, they don't want to wait for the right time.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by DejiYesufu(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2010
Nigerians change church often because they are looking for what is not lost!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by esteelv: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2010
bawomolo:

no offense but the term greater truth has little meaning. isn't the truth just the truth

I was born in d anglican church n i remember years back,my anglican priest was always criticising speaking in tongues and he neva believd in miracles.at dat age,i knew he was wrong because i had come across a passage dat says 'these signs shall follow them dat believ,, '.i didn't need anybody to tell me i needed a place where i could grow spiritually.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by manmustwac(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2010
logic101:

Nigerians are busy looking for the truth in church
let me tell u the truth
The country called nigeria is a failure
its worse of than it was 10 years ago
the average nigerian is confused ignorant and keeps waiting for god to come and build the country
70 % of its populations lives on 1 $ a day
our government are myopic intellectually daft beyond redemption and self centered
so the truth is changing churches to get miracles which would make u rich or prosperous is a waste of time
if we want to succedd in nigeria we got to change the mindset and start doing practical things rather than looking for God to do it for us cause it wont happen
WORD!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2010
People move around and go around for truth and they do not want to be truthful.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by tunnytox(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
I have just changed my church few months ago and the reasons are:
1. I don't really enjoy the sermons, I always feel empty after leaving the church and I don't believe this is good for my spritual growth. Some ppl will say why not try to improve the church? the truth is that we have different categories of faith for someone who is looking forward to be spritually uplifted and encouraged there;s no luxury of time.
2. the service is always toooooo long, abysmally poor time management.

there are are other reasons but the above are the real reasons.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by namski(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
Cos most poeple are CONFUSED.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by yommyuk: 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2010
Most people change churches because the Word of God does not dwell richly in the heart of most churches.
Be it individually or collectively.
A lot of people attend churches for different reasons

1. Some because they like the preachers
2. Some because they like the music
3. Some because they like the atmosphere
4. Some just want a sense of belonging.

If people start going to church to have a personal encounter with God.
People should borrow a leaf from hannah who knew the God she was serving.
She did not approach Phophet Eli for anything and God heard her cry.
Secondly, most churches are divided from within. Leaders contending against each other within the same church.
Demonimation exposing their differences openly.
Makes you wonder who are they all really serving.

It is a very sad situation but not a new occurrence.
Even in the early christain community there were different factions
The Appollo, Paul, Chephas factions
Only God knows who are those who truly worship him in spirit and truth. sad
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by diddysnow: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2010
Well all have been said but what i see in these is that first do they (the church changers) go to church always? And do they go to church just for going sake, miracles, fashion? No matter your church, one mus be determined, focus, and of vision. Ask yourself why am i going to church? what do i intend to achieve from going to church? is it the pastors miracle or that of God. Though God perform miracles through a "living soul" i.e. someone who has a "golden heart".
People are in search of truth but i don't think that should be to the extent of changing church but it all depends on individual thinking.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by gnmission: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2010
They are Looking for Miracle and not Christ. Due to this some of Them enter into occultic church. shocked[b][color=#006600][/color][/b]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Change Church So Often? by demla: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2010
a broda of mine has to change his church just because his new apartment is owned by a church and one of the conditions he was given was that he has to attend their church.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Was "Wisdom Of Solomon" And Other Books Remove From The Bible? / I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion / What Is Halloween?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.