Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,014 members, 7,814,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion (3736 Views)

Science Is More Reliable Than Religion / Humanity Is Greater Than Religion / Always Trust In God (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 12:24am On Dec 22, 2022
Because science works even if you don't believe in it. Antibiotics, gravity and Hydrogen Peroxide all do their thing whether you pray for them or against them or don't pray at all. The universe does not care about your religion, it rolls on regardless. Vaccines protect babies in a way that God or prayer never could. You don't need to believe in a lightening conductor for it to protect your church from lightening strikes. Science is about understanding the universe to the best of our ability. It's not perfect and nowhere near complete, but it only ever improves, and so far we have not needed to invoke a higher power

7 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by paxonel(m): 2:05am On Dec 22, 2022
Science does not offer solution to your spiritual needs, only religion do.
And religion does not offer solution to your innovative approach towards solving physical problems other than your moral values

2 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21am On Dec 22, 2022
It's your right. God is not begging you to come to Him. After all you have done, you can not even come to Him. He would not take you.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 3:25am On Dec 22, 2022
paxonel:
And religion does not offer solution to your innovative approach towards solving physical problems other than your moral values

Christianity does but you people never listen nor obey plus of course the whole world (your family, neighbours, so called friends, strangers) will not allow you walk the Christ Way peacefully or easily, so only a few find it. Mathew 7:14.

And many fall by the way or are plucked up from it.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:52am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
Because science works even if you don't believe in it. Antibiotics, gravity and Hydrogen Peroxide all do their thing whether you pray for them or against them or don't pray at all. The universe does not care about your religion, it rolls on regardless. Vaccines protect babies in a way that God or prayer never could. You don't need to believe in a lightening conductor for it to protect your church from lightening strikes. Science is about understanding the universe to the best of our ability. It's not perfect and nowhere near complete, but it only ever improves, and so far we have not needed to invoke a higher power

You know nothing about SCIENCE!

You mentioned ANTIBIOTICS (MEDICINES) and said it works whether you believe or not but real SCIENTISTS will tell you that you MUST BELIEVE (TRUST) in medicines before it could work!

Manufacturing and prescribing medicine for a patient can't save the sick person unless the patient first BELIEVE (TRUST) in what you gave him/her that he/she could recover fast from his illness.

If the patient should BELIEVE (TRUST) in a fake drug it will never work just as your trust in false religions won't work too. So for anything to work first of all it must be ORIGINAL and the user must BELIEVE (TRUST) in the doctor's prescription.

So what is BELIEVE?
Believe is the act of trusting in someone or something that if you do exactly as you are told you will get the benefits. But when you fall into the wrong hands (false religions or fake doctors) your belief or trust will surely not save you because it has been MISPLACED.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 4:48am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You mentioned ANTIBIOTICS (MEDICINES) and said it works whether you believe or not but real SCIENTISTS will tell you that you MUST BELIEVE (TRUST) in medicines before it could work!

Manufacturing and prescribing medicine for a patient can't save the sick person unless the patient first BELIEVE (TRUST) in what you gave him/her that he/she could recover fast from his illness.

If the patient should BELIEVE (TRUST) in a fake drug it will never work just as your trust in false religions won't work too. So for anything to work first of all it must be ORIGINAL and the user must BELIEVE (TRUST) in the doctor's prescription.

So what is BELIEVE?
Believe is the act of trusting in someone or something that if you do exactly as you are told you will get the benefits. But when you fall into the wrong hands (false religions or fake doctors) your belief or trust will surely not save you because it has been MISPLACED.

How can you say patients need to believe in antibiotics before it works on them? Do they control the bioavailability, pharmacokinetics or pharmacodynamics? Do you need to believe the food you eat would nourish your body before it does its jobs?
Even if its placebo effects, it has its limits.
How do you manage to keep a straight face when you type these bollocks you dump on Nairaland? Next thing Aemyjah would chime in and start defending you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2022
paxonel:
because there's no evidence for any spiritual need in the first place. It's waa made up

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So what is BELIEVE?

antibiotics will work whether or not the patient believe it will.
That's science

The lightning conductor on top of yur witness church/parish or whatever you call it will work whether or not you believe in it

The moment you tap submit on your next irrational post, I will see it whether or not you believe I will. I will see it whether or not I believe it

2 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by paxonel(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
because there's no evidence for any spiritual need in the first place. It's waa made up
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

God is not seen that's why you can afford to say that there is no God right?
The fact that there are people still having faith in God till now all these centuries is the evidence that God lives all through the centuries
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by paxonel(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Christianity does but you people never listen nor obey plus of course the whole world (your family, neighbours, so called friends, strangers) will not allow you walk the Christ Way peacefully or easily, so only a few find it. Mathew 7:14.

And many fall by the way or are plucked up from it.
so, if an astronaut want to fly to the moon, Christianity will help him fly, is that what you are saying?

Explain!

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2022
paxonel:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

God is not seen that's why you can afford to say that there is no God right?
The fact that there are people still having faith in God till now all these centuries is the evidence that God lives all through the centuries
the Bible is not evidence, its a claim.
How do you get that?

You cannot convince people like me with the Bible, it's a waste of time. I probably know the Bible more than you do

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:

antibiotics will work whether or not the patient believe it will. That's science

You have started lying!

If the patient DID NOT BELIEVE (TRUST) the one prescribing definitely he will not follow the prescription of the physician so the antibiotics won't work as expected just as an unbeliever can't get any benefits from God's word if you DID NOT BELIEVE (TRUST) in God to follow the prescription:

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would pay attention to my commandments (prescription)! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea! Isaiah 48:17-18

God never promised anyone automatic benefits you must BELIEVE (TRUST) in Him by applying the prescription correctly just as you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician's COMMANDMENTS (PRESCRIPTION)

So stop deceiving yourself smiley
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:16am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You have started lying!

If the patient DID NOT BELIEVE (TRUST) the one prescribing definitely he will not follow the prescription of the physician so the antibiotics won't work as expected just as an unbeliever can't get any benefits from God's word if you DID NOT BELIEVE (TRUST) in God to follow the prescription:

This is what Jehovah says, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, The One teaching you to benefit yourself, The One guiding you in the way you should walk. If only you would pay attention to my commandments (prescription)! Then your peace would become just like a river And your righteousness like the waves of the sea! Isaiah 48:17-18

God never promised anyone automatic benefits you must BELIEVE (TRUST) in Him by applying the prescription correctly just as you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician's COMMANDMENTS PRESCRIPTION.

So stop deceiving yourself smiley
antibiotics will work whether or not you believe.
It will kill microorganisms whether or not you pray

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
antibiotics will work whether or not you believe.
It will kill microorganisms whether or not you pray

Don't mix things up now!

Prayer connotes Consultation just as you must consult the physician who will now prescribe the drugs and you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician otherwise you will never get the benefits of the drug! wink
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:20am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Don't mix things up now!

Prayer connotes Consultation just as you must consult the physician who will now prescribe the drugs and you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician otherwise you will never get the benefits of the drug! wink
Antibiotics will work wether or not you believe.
It's why it's very effective at treating bacteria infections in babies who are incapable of beliefs

2 Likes

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Don't mix things up now!

Even if the physician doesn't believe that it Wil work, an antibiotics will work against a susceptible bacte3 100 in 100 times.

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:22am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
Antibiotics will work wether or not you believe.
It's why it's very effective at treating bacteria infections in babies who are incapable of beliefs

Why not go against the prescription of the physician and see if the baby gets well? cheesy

Ọmọ you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician by applying his prescriptions (commandments) otherwise the drug will only kill your baby! cheesy
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23am On Dec 22, 2022
paxonel:
so, if an astronaut want to fly to the moon, Christianity will help him fly, is that what you are saying?

Explain!

Christianity would have taught the man "if your Owner catch you outside or hear say you go outside, you don enter big trouble be dat. Na earth E give you o, E no give you outside earth. You be thief if you go there." It's as simple as that.
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
Even if the physician doesn't believe that it Wil work, an antibiotics will work against a susceptible bacte3 100 in 100 times.

Ọmọ it's a physician who knows the effectiveness of a drug that will prescribe it for the patient so the physician already knows what you need it's you (patient) that must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician and not the other way around! wink
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26am On Dec 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Christianity would have taught the man "if your Owner catch you outside or hear say you go outside, you don enter big trouble be dat. Na earth E give you o, E no give you outside earth. You be thief if you go there." It's as simple as that.

Oya tell me the BENEFITS derived from going to the Moon! cheesy
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30am On Dec 22, 2022
When we tell you that you people were never Christians you guys will say:
"we don go church tire"
Now you know that the word BELIEVE doesn't mean credulity but TRUST in the one TEACHING you how to BENEFIT yourself.

So if you don't follow the right prescription (commandment) there's no way you can get it's benefits! wink
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by triplechoice(m): 8:35am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ it's a physician who knows the effectiveness of a drug that will prescribe it for the patient so the physician already knows what you need it's you (patient) that must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician and not the other way around! wink

What of those who are receiving treatment while in coma ,how do they get to trust the physician they're not even aware of?

What of babies too? How does a baby know what it means to trust

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Why not go against the prescription of the physician and see if the baby gets well? cheesy

Ọmọ you must BELIEVE (TRUST) the physician by applying his prescriptions (commandments) otherwise the drug will only kill your baby! cheesy
the physician knows it will work because there is evidence that it does with or without prayers

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:41am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Even in a Doble-blinded placebo when the physician doesn't know what drugs he's giving, antibiotics still works.

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Don't mix things up now!

… and if you take the prescribed meds from the physician, you'll get better whether you believe the drugs would work or not. Unless you're a hypochondriac or have Manchaussen's

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Aemmyjah(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
When we tell you that you people were never Christians you guys will say:
"we don go church tire"
Now you know that the word BELIEVE doesn't mean credulity but TRUST in the one TEACHING you how to BENEFIT yourself.

So if you don't follow the right prescription (commandment) there's no way you can get it's benefits! wink

Lemme stamp this comment with a big BRAVO
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What do you mean 'going against the physician'. Unless you mean underdosing or overdosing, of which either way, you'll have problems. Trusting the physician isn't the same as trusting the drugs
You really have lost the plot bro. Its either you catch cruise in these mindless rebuttals or you truly are a nutcase

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:53am On Dec 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Oya tell me the BENEFITS derived from going to the Moon! cheesy
Facepalm
Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 8:56am On Dec 22, 2022
triplechoice:

What of those who are receiving treatment while in coma ,how do they get to trust the physician they're not even aware of?

What of babies too? How does a baby know what it means to trust
Youre going far. What about psychotic patients that are physically restrained and on intravenous injections prescribed by the psychiatrist? Do they need to trust or abide by the doctors' regimen?
MadMax is at his finest this morning grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by Workch: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2022
jaephoenix:

Youre going far. What about psychotic patients that are physically restrained and on intravenous injections prescribed by the psychiatrist? Do they need to trust or abide by the doctors' regimen?
MadMax is at his finest this morning grin
that guy is hilarious, he doesn't know that double-blinded placebo is a step towards establishing the efficacy of a drug.

The physician and the patient won't know what they are taking, the scientists won't know the outcome. Nobody will know anything and it works.

Hes a dumb guy

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 9:02am On Dec 22, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Lemme stamp this comment with a big BRAVO
… and his sidekick arrives just in time grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Always Trust Science More Than Religion by jaephoenix(m): 9:05am On Dec 22, 2022
Workch:
that guy is hilarious, he doesn't know that double-blinded placebo is a step towards establishing the efficacy of a drug.

The physician and the patient won't know what they are taking, the scientists won't know the outcome. Nobody will know anything and it works.

Hes a dumb guy
Yep. Double blinded placebo is an important aspect of pharmacological clinical trials. Any drug we prescribe always go those. You can lose your license by prescribing drugs or vaccines that don't pass through those trials

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atheist, Whats Your Take On ANIMAL -HUMAN Sex? / I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct. / Who Is In Abuja? Let's Discuss Or Debate In Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.