Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,300 members, 7,860,734 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (246259 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
ok. then like i said, kwale is still not igbo in delta since they are yet to take a stand on where they belong.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

ok. then like i said, kwale is still not igbo in delta since they are yet to take a stand on where they belong.

I have one question for you.Are you from Ukwuani?If not, I think you are just crossing your boundary here.Abagworo is an Igbo man and accepts Ukwuani as Igbo people.Chyz is an Ukwuani man and accepts himself as Igbo.What then is the argument here?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
exotik:

aha, but the thread was started: June 07, 2010, 08:48 PM

and over a year later u have not left it, yet u made such a comment.

dat was funny!

When you're constantly bumping the topic to the top of the culture section, who wouldn't still be coming here. I've made a fraction of the comments you've made.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
lol, ezeagu save that comment for iguefi
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NegroNtns(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
From the various interaction and discussions on who is Ibo and who is not, I'm concluding the following:

1. Ibo language is a common thread of denomination among many speakers who culturally are of diverse cultural origins.

2. Ibo language is a grouping for a multitude speakers across cultural lines.

3. Ibo is not a tribe or an ethnicity but rather a language grouping. If the language is taken away then the denominator for these people will vanish and their existence will default back along the cultural customs they are native to.

4. The Nri story and narrative of Ibo origination is a conjecture and has no backup in the knowledge and historical account of neighboring non-Ibo cultures.

5. It is stated that Nri originated in Egypt and was a settler in Iboland where a previous habiter, the Aro confederacy, subdued and dominated over the migrant Nri. This theory is a fraudulent attempt to insert Nri into the land but not at the cost of damaging the reputation and nobility of Aro. There is no where else in Africa where a settling civilization was subdued by the preexisting native. Something is wrong with this Nri/Aro relationship.

6. Ibos do not have a common hereditary, nor a common culture or rituals under which they are bonded as one. Language alone does not define tribal identity, the customs and rituals as well as a dripp up hereditary to root source are necessary.

It is very wrong to call Ibo a tribe, a group is more appropriate. A group of numerous cultures and tribes sourced from neighboring areas that congregated into a mono-tongue of identity.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
Some people need to [size=18pt]dead out[/size] of this thread and in Igbo topics in general, in short they should stay away from Igbo history topics.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
I will now hijack this thread, and make it an Anioma picture thread.

[size=18pt]Goodluck with your comments being read![/size]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center][size=28pt]Pictures of Anioma land, People and Culture - An Igbo Federation[/size][/center]

Anioma is a group of Igbo clans and village groups that are situated on the western bank of the Lower Orimiri ("Niger"wink River.

[center][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2011
Traditional Anioma State wears.

[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2011
Anioma land

[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ubulukwu Mmanwu, just like in Enugu State.

[center]
[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2011
Wonderful Obi-dom of Onicha Ugbo.

[center]

Obi Victor Chukwumaleze:

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NegroNtns(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
Stp calling it onicha ugbo, the proper name for it is "orisha igbo". I thought I told you this already.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2011
Since we mentioned the Onicha clan, we should give honorable mention to their only ruler on the otherside:

[center][img]http://www.nyu.edu/dental/nexus/images/fallwinter2005/nigeria3.jpg[/img][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
Ogwanshi tẹwẹ egwu!

[center][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
[size=18pt]The Red Caps of Ogwanshi[/size]

[center]

[img][/img][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Chyz, Umu Anioma are a people so blessed and we cannot be deceived like the Rivers people on our identity, We are of Igbo stock. I am so proud of you. In the past just after the war , the new Midwest leaders  wanted to deceive us by emphasizing that "we are of Benin origin" a claim which is only true to an extent.Most Anioma people descend from people who directly or indirectly came from Eastern Igboland. I have always been interested in that claim. Yes to verify it. However after a closer analysis, I discover that such claims are just baseless.If you are to make such claims it should strictly be applied to the Edo speaking area and not to the Anioma, Itsekiri and Ijaw who are not of Edo lingustic stock.

I wish you inform you my bro that we are working very hard to get an Anioma State and hopefully when it is createdit will be classified as part of the Southeast.Some of our people like Agbontaen have been brain-washed by this deceit, it is therefore the responsibility of our people particularly in the Ukwuani and Ika(a part of Enuani) to educate these folks.With people like you , Omonuan , myself  and the vast majority of Umuanioma who know that we are Igbo, Kudos to ourselves ! Daru Unu !

Look at the style of writing of Bokohalal and Exothief, the deceivers have as usual come up with stories and baseless claims that cannot stand anywhere.Im no go work, I tell these Edos , that the era of we are one based on the false claims that "weare from Benin" is gone forever. Just get it , we are Igbos and we wish to identify closer with our Eastern kinsfolk.

@Exothief, The person who depends on Google is your Ovbioba who strategically posted what I think is just a ploy to pose himself as "the intellectual" .A  ploy which is not only laughable but has been destined as a failed project. If I have been so dependant on Google, How did you come to know  ( and from your references love so much ) about Ikhimen( Chime in Anioma Igbo) ? My little boy , it is based on research not your "Ovbioba" who completely lacks originality and in an attempt ( a futile one ) to pull down the achievements of distinguished Aniomans claimed that Prof Igbafe , a  man of Afenmai background is a Benin person.

When I began to study your writings , I instantly knw that you are just one of just boys who grew up in Benin and completely lack any connection with your village of origin and this was simply why I asked you where your "Igiogbe" is located and you said Usen.If indeed it is in Usen and you visit and , interact with your Usen people , you should have known that the attempt to classify Usen people as Edo is an insult on their own identity.I doubt if you even know how to speak your Usen dialect. This is my advice for you, Try and know your root ! and stop deceiving yourself that Usen is Edo. Politically , it is but linguistically it is not.Unlike the Olukwumi people which have been assimilated as Anioma people , your Usen people donot think they are Benins. That is if we take everything the Olu Awure( I hope you have been corrected) of Usen, Oba Uferurhi has said. He as the custodian of the culture, identity and language of Usen people have always noted that the people of Usen(  which is the other name of Awure Ode which is the indigenous name of Usen hence the title of Olu-Awure) are of Yoruba stock.

It was good that Physics apologised firstly on the uncivil manner he insulted Omonuan and secondly eventhough with no iota  of sincerity an apology to the brutal killing of the Anioma in Benin City , a town many of us consider as an ancestral home. With these apologies from such an arrogant and tribalistic individual , I think my purpose of even posting at all on this thread have been fulfilled.  We  can argue till tomorrow on some issues here and it will not change anything and really I dont have such a time to exchange bad language which could make us hate ourselves and our peoples.The Anioma and Benin (Edo) have forgotten about the past and will want to forge ahead as good neighbours with mutual respect.I think the only issue is the Igbanke factor. Apart from that , the Anioma people have no problem wth the Benin .

Hahaha, Bats , well I dont want to dwell on that.Of course you think I will respond to your chidish claims on the  bats in Ogwashi Uku, You no go gat am because we know that such concentration of bats donot exist in Ogwashi Uku , a peaceful town founded by Nri people who have kept on to the ancient Nri custom of regarding human life as paramount unlike your Benin. I just remembered your Obas descend from Oba Ewuakpe, a well known tyrant( according to tradition) who because he was mourning his mother killed thousands of people and when the people angrily refused to give him any respect for that evil act used his loyal wife as sacrifice to win the support of the people. What a shame. This was why I asked your "Ovbioba" a simple question and I am waiting for a response to educate me  why despite the antiquity of Benin, the people are so insignificant in numbers to match such a long history of cultural existence. I think it  all has to do with so many years of human sacrifice.

@Ezeagu, My bro I am considering quitting this thread. I will , I think stop writing after this week even if the likes of Physics thinks the time will be just right to "strike" wth baseless stories and analysis
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Red caps of Issele Ukwu:

[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Obi Issele Ukwu:

[center][/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center][size=28pt]Anioma Towns Today[/size]

Agbor

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
Agbor continued

[center]

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
[center]The Bridge

[/center]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2011
Igbanke

[center]

[/center]

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.