Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,098 members, 7,842,159 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (245528 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by otapiapia: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2011
tpia@:

That's your own problem, not mine.

So what were you high on when you were disputing what I typed earlier?

Next time, the normal sequence is thinking first before posting, not vice-versa.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tpia5: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
Only someone with questionable IQ wouldnt know what my response to you meant.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ystranger: 8:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
tpia@:

Only someone with questionable IQ wouldnt know what my response to you meant.

Only someone with questionable IQ would respond the retardeddd way you did
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 3:28am On Jul 30, 2011
@Physics
1)I never claimed to be an expert but what I know ,I know too well and cannot be dismissed especially if those so called "facts" are not verifiable or have been smeared with lies and half truths.I left this thread and you felt that your time "to shine " has arrived. This is just the character of an average Edo proud , tribalistic and at times cowardly. I have read your posts. So lenghty yet so empty and I will exposse them one by one . The funny thing here is that superficially you appear knowledgeable but on a deeper look , very shallow but I admit that you are intelligent( I have said that severally and if I was proud as you claim would not have done that ), to dribble around.

2) On Ozanogogo, I find this claims of yours funny and irresponsible. Ozarra has been assimilated as part of Agbor belonging to the Ihu-Ozomor group of communities.The people of Agbor have never laidany claim on Ozanisi because their territory never extended beyond the Orhionmwon river and there are traditional Egbo( or Ikhimi) trees seperating the Agbor and Benin kingdoms along the river and this has been the case for centuries. Let me give you the example of Iru( an Ika town in Orhionmwon).The people of Iru migrated from Owa Alizomor and were granted lands by the Benin people of Isi . And this is the practice , any issue as it relates to land are referred to the Oba while other civil and criminal issues are referred to the Obi of Owa.This is the custom in Iru yet Anioma people have never claimed Iruland since it was founded on what is traditionally Benin territory. On Ozarra , there are never issues referred to the Oba , on land or what soever. I therefore wonder why so passionately claim that the Ozanogogo people are being "oppressed" in Agbor. The titles used in Ozarra are derived from the Obi of Agbor and all issues including chieftancy are referred to the Obi in Council of Agbor via the Ogisi which is an Agbor title. I once referred you to the Oza Group on FB, Did you do that ? Did you not see that the Oza people themselves know that Ozanisi(in Benin) is just an offshoot of Ozarra( in Agbor).

I dont think the Ozarra people are being oppressed over their language (which have over the years have been saturated with Igbo words ) because the Agbor people themselves are indifferent over this since they are part and parcel of Agbor kingdom and from a broader perspective , they know that they are mainly of Edo origin. So the arrival of Oza is more or less a reflection of their origin as Agbor people . For your information the name Agbor (Agbon) is of Edo origin meaning the world , I therefore donot see any difference between your "Ailelehan" and Agbor itself.The case of Iru( an Ika settlement in Benin) and Ozanogogo( originally an Edo settlement in Agbor) are both settled matter and are completely different from the situation in Igbanke.
Your desperation on this Ozanogogo issue is simple to justify the Benin annexation of the Igbanke community.Oh yes I wrote it somewhere when I had some issues with Omojie who have transformed himself to Agbontaen here. But the people of Igbanke never said that they can never be reunited with their kith and kin since the issues that made them allied with the Benin is no longer there and this was even the reason why the communities of Igbanke East namely Ottah, Ake and Oligie was at one time administered from the Ika division before Ogbemudia using military high handedness decided to annex these villages as part of Benin. In your list of "great " Edo citizens you listed Prof Philip Igbafe , I wonder if you have read his book BENIN UNDER BRITISH ADMINISTRATION ( 1897-1938) he clearly noted that Igbanke is part and parcel of Ikaland and interestingly not even one reference was made on the supposed opressed people of Ozanogogo.
At that time Igbanke requested to be merged with Benin , the Ika town of Mbiri did likewise but this was not granted. Now this request did not make Mbiri a Benin colonial outpost which the Benin have taken Igbanke to be.
On the Oba creating six "dukedoms" in Igbanke, You have exposed your ignorance here.The Ojehs or Ezes of Igbanke are not unique in this regard since several Anioma towns have many multiple rulers(I can list examples if asked) and this was why I asked that simple question that if indeed Benins have always been overlords in Igbanke why are there six monarchies in one town ? Because I dont know of any in Benin.The Igbanke people have realised their mistakes and would want to be united with their kith and kin.It is all over the internet including Wikipedia. It is strange to mention the Oba creating such multiples Ojehs in Igbanke because some Igbanke sub clans till this day are installed by the monarchs within Delta state.The Ojeh of Ottah is traditionally installed by the Obis of Agbor. All Ojehs of Igbanke are Ofo holders ( called Ofo Ali or Ofo Nmor) and they are as well installed( except for Ottah) by the respective Diokpas who are called Ogele( this is the case in Aniomaland).It is not in Benin custom for rulers to be Ofo bearers( which is the situation in Igbanke)

3) Prof Elizabeth Isichei is Caucasian and I know too well. In our custom , any married woman is deemed as part and parcel of her community where she is married.T hus Anioma daughtes like Chief Janet Mokelu ( nee Onwuegbuzia) is often claimed to be from Anambra State or in this case Dr Ngozi Iweala is claimed to be from Abia State. Prof Isichei wrote so much about Igbos(and Anioma people) because she saw herself as an Igbo I am therefore correct to group her as an Igbo because it is our custom to do likewise. But if I am not so keen on her being an Oyibo, I will then mention Prof M A Onwuejeogwu who is more celebrated than Prof Philip Igbafe.
Now, on those people of Edo stock, I think you are the one who I will say is proud of his people because most of the people you named donot even match the Anioma people I listed and you know it.Let me perhaps give more names to spice up another mismatch of names from you, Mrs Rose Nsolo the first female architect in Nigeria, Dr Vincent Maduka the first Director General of the NTA and once president Nigerian Society of Engineers, Mr EC Osondu Caine Prize winner 2009, Mrs Monica Mbanefo Director of Technical Cooperate Division IMO and once contested as Secretary General of the Organization, Ms Buchi Emechete famous writer, Prof Maxwell Meju award winner in Geophysics, Dr Kanyo Nwanze Director General of IFAD, Prof Michael Isiekwe the first orthodontist in Nigeria or the Prof Fidelis Odita QC or even the present Economic Adviser to President Jonathan , Prof Nwanze Okidegbe, This list is far from being exhaustive.
I think its pride on your path to compare any scholar within this country as a match to the likes of Prof PAI Obanya( I will only accept Prof Babs-Fafunwa in this regard but he is not an Edo) or Prof Austin Esogbue, Of course I will advise you go through Google since you are an expert in that search engine and feed a "propangadist" like myself, Very Funny.
Perhaps I was even the author of those posts where Prof Awele Maduemezia(one time President Nigerian Academy of Science) where he was cited as a nominee of the Nobel Prize in Physics.I will suggest you give one evidence to debunk this claim then I will rest my case.The fact is that you cant think of any match from Benin, Let me call your favourites Prof Emovon and Prof Ekhaguere, I dey laugh.
Also On Prof Nwanze and Prof Osagie, I think you are just being emotional here. You are bitter that in the race for the VC of UNIBEN , Prof Osagie lost out to Prof Nwanze in that keen contest.Let us be sincere , they dont just pick vice-chancellors like that.It is what you earn by hard work and your past records.In the so called list of citations , it is not enough evidence of scholarly superiority.Not at all
Prof Chukwuedo Nwokolo was recipient in 1982 along with Prof Adeboye Babalola, not 1983.I am not sure Prof T Belo-Osagie won that award as claimed by you.He did not eventhough I acknowledge that he was an achiever.

4)The school in Igbodo was built by the Anglicans not the Catholics.In fact the Anglicans came to Aniomaland before the Catholics.

5)On Attempting to Smear my name,
You listed 8 lies( according to you) and 15 errors! wonderful and advised me to go back to my father's library before I can match you, Look I dont get you. Your problem is a kind of complex since you are the one claiming to "have no match" here. While you took time to analyse your "errors" you found it worthy to "bring me down" and dismiss whatever has been written by me. My man , you are living in a fools paradise and that attempt is vain and will never work.
Now let me take a closer look on the lies and errors
1)On the Urhobo Isoko issue, You were wrong or perhaps were lying just to make a baseless point . Even amongst the Urhobos many clans did come from Igboland.The clan of Evrweni was named after the town the founders came from in Anambra State ( Neni) while the town of Arhawvarhien came from Onya near Aboh.But it is in the Isoko axis that the number of clans claiming Igbo origin is more and even many Isokos without any justification for projecting a distinct identity from the Urhobos use this rather funny reason of ancestry for that.
Indeed there were conflicts between the Urhobo and the Anioma people( who are of Igbo stock).The town of Orogun which is one of the largest Urhobo clan were involved in wars with the people of Aboh before they were driven out. And this explains why Orogun is bilingual and call her clan head "Okpara Uku" which is an Anioma title rather than Ovie.There were several wars between the Ukwuani and the Urhobo.

2)Yes I said Percy Talbot was a woman andthat was an error I admitted and the circumstance was explained as well.This is just afailed attempt to rubbish my posts.My dear you don fail, woefully for that matter.

3) The recipient of the Iyoba title was definitely a king consort before she asssumed the title of the reigning kings mother. I think you misunderstood me.

4)On the moats, It was just a deliberate attempt by you to claim that the moats were long in existence even before the arrival of the Anioma people.The correction I made was in respect to the dates you gave which by the way were forged.From the research I have made on Benin moats and what I can infer from an expert Patrick Darling is that the moats were possibly dug in a period between 800 AD( Ninth Century) and 1000 AD (11th century).In other words there was no specification on the date the moats were dug. What is interesting is that the moats were dug within the historical period of the earliest arrivals to Aniomaland.The Nri people at Ubulu Uku in 900 AD and the moats at Agbornta traditionally claimed to be dug in the 111th century.It is not just that you made an error.You lied just to prove a point.

5)I will not hide from telling you the truth that your personal quest to get Ozarra into Benin can never work.I was smart to remind you that Awo had all the powers to effect any change but did not. Now this means that the claim was just a fabrication.By extension the whole write up by the supposed authority on Ozarra ie one Blessing Otabor should be deemed baseless and should not be taken seriously.You just swallowed your words on this issue.

6)It has nothing to do with my "vagueness" because what is being discused here is about Delta Igbos generally.I therefore free to point at where I feel should be considered.I made myself clear when I posted the figures .Rather in your usual manner , you felt you can dismiss that point and ended just fooling yourself.Pitiable.

7)Indeed every Benin person belongs to a family and there are numerous writings on that.Except that you are just been dramatic with the so-called examples you gave.Those examples are historical figures WITH NO LIVING DESCENDANTS , as such it would be difficult traditionally to point which family they belong.It is like asking me which family Eze Chime belong before he left Benin, It does not matter anymore because his descendants have been assimilated as Igbos or asking me who was the father of Umejei the founder of Ibusa, Of course he had a father yet he is not relevant anymore.History especially unwritten ones will only tell you what is relevant to the story being told, From your status as an "Ovbioba" I know that you greet Lamogun because that is the family you belong and indeed every Benin belong to such families and this was mentioned by R.E Bradbury in his book.As a native of Igbodo I also belong to my family and this is why we greet "Onowu" as our family greeting.I will suggest you are a bit sincere here.

cool"Ijaws are the ones that call the place Gili Gili" Yes and I will not be contradicted on this one because this is what the Ijaws who are occupants of the territory anyway claim. In the Shell assisted Conservation Mechanism for the Gelegele Forest Reserve, I am aware that the Ijaws made protests that the reserve should be named Giligili which to them is the actual pronounciation. In other words the name ought to be Giligili(g)bene. To them it is the Edo that call the place Gelegele.I will suggest you carry out more investigation before you rush into conclusion with your baseless anaysis and claims.

9) You may not have claimed that the Jan 1966 coup was an Igbo coup but you made insinuations that it was. I suggest you take your time read your long and mainly dry posts and see it yourself starring at you. You may think you are smart but I am not a kid in this regard.

10)Yes on Igbos celebrating the coup , yes you said it , Go and read your posts .

11)Indeed there were sacrifices in Benin in which pregnant women were killed. It might look insane in this era of "civility" but that was the case.This might sound insultive and insensitive to the pride of the Benin people.

12)Yes you made up "Ailelehan" because on a visit to the community the sign post bears "Alilehan" meaning in Ika-Igbo Ilehan's settlement.You were of course sincere to give your interpretation of Alisor which you said is Evboesor but those communities have their sign posts with the names I posted here and this is the similar fashion we name communities in Aniomaland. In Igbodo we have Anikpekwu and Anieyime, in Ute Okpu is Aliedukwu, in Ukala is Aninwalo , in Idumuje Unor is Aniofu. In Agbor are several communities bearing such Ani or Ali prefix, Ani is the earth spirit in Igbo religion and and whenever a settlemet is founded , the founder erects an "Ani" shrine which is the centre of worship in such communities.Thus it was customary to affix the name of such founders to the Ani erected by them. In Agbor kingdom are many of such communities like Alifekede, Alihagu, Alihame, Alizomor, Alidinma, Alibudo and so on. Even amongst the Ikwerre such methods of naming is used in those communities like Elelenwo, Elekahia or Elele Alimini.
Even close to Alilehan is another community which is an offshoot called Idumulehan, I therefore wonder what this will now mean.For you education, Agbor is divided into four groupings the IME OBI cluster, the IHU OZOMOR cluster, the IHU IYASE cluster and EKUKU cluster.The people of Ozarra belongs to the Ihu Ozomor cluster where their identity and rights are preserved and projected.Other communities that constitute this cluster include Omumu, Alisimie, Aliebi, Idumuenwan, Owuwu and Alibudo.

13)Indeed you claimed that Chima was an Igbo.Go through your posts.

14)I think I have written something on Prof Maduemezia earlier.

15)I never said Exothief should use Google to search for the meaning of Ogie and dont misquote me.I said he should use google to search for the meaning of Eleko/Olu Eko.Yes, Ogie indeed could mean honour, king what ever but these meanings narrow down to one fact , that honour comes with the king thus it could be used for both words.What is cleverly be fabricated by you and Exothief is to get a point no matter how trivial it is and use it to hit back.You have misfired in this one.

16)I am not the author of Egharevba's book, what was cited was what he said himself.

17)On the Ado issue I accept and I noted this point earlier.This is unlike you whose pride has become a source of mockery to some of us here.You have been wrong severally and it is either you pretend by not listing it at all ( I will give some examples) or that you have been misquoted or in a word of finality which is chidish "I dont even care" Nobody who wants to learn or be corrected says that.Even when Negro posted something I took it as a new source of knowledge eventhough I didnot even agree with everything he wrote.That of course cant be a sign of my supposed "arrogance". And the use of an insult on this point even when I had earlier noted that correction is unsavoury and I demand an apology for that.

18)Idu, Modern concept, Not conclusive.

19)On Nwanze and Osagie, I have written on that earlier.

20)Indeed Benin City is backward considering her status as capital since 1963( almost 50 years ago). Now, when I noted that Benin land was backward compared to Benin City, it was in this context used differently.In other words the Benin villages are backward compared to the Benin City and the City itself is backward relative to when she became a regional capital.

21) My beloved UN report ( which had Edo born academicians amongst its researchers) is not a measure of economic viability but a measure of human development index.These are two different things. Indeed Edo is unviable.I dont need to remind you on the debt accrued to Edo people by the Peoples Gov besides taxes to make the people feel the impact of government.Teachers from what I heard have gone to strike while students are being over burden with heavy fees at AAU.The evidence is clear.This is not the situation in Delta State nor would it be the case in an Anioma State.On the Human Development Index, it is no news that Delta a state created in 1991 beat Edo created in 1963 to the second position.There is one simple question I have always asked, Can you compare the HDI of Edo State and the Anioma section of Delta State ? I am yet to get any reply.

22) So much pride and ignorance on the Ijaw communties in Edo State.Let me eduacte you on this one
I)Ovia North East Oduna ward ( Gelegele, Danikoro and Sallogun)
II)Ovia South West Siluko ward( Siluko, Abieyi, Zide, Gbelemoton, Safarogbo and Gbelebu)
III)Ovia South West Ofunama ward(Ajakurama, Abere, Itagbene, Ofunama, Binidogha, Gbeoba and Torukubo)
IV)Ovia South West Nikorogha ward (Nikorogha,Asamara, Jamagie, Ajefie, Awori and Ugbo)
V)Ovia South West Udo ward(Okomu)
These four wards are dominated by Ijaws and the councillors from these wards are always Ijaws except for the Udo ward.This is an evidence that there are many Ijwa communities in Edo State and their demand for an LGA is in order.

23)Yes, one has to be assimilated as an Edo before he is bestowed a title.

24)On the Enogie of Obayantor, that was a mistake, But do I really care ? No, Because the point was not who is the bearer of the "Enogie of Obayantor" is but the justification for creating such a title for a non-Edo people.This is not the era of Edo Empire.

25)I never assumed there were derived from the Oba because you dont need to educate me that an Odionwerie derives his authority from age and not from the Oba.

26)Yes , you insinuated that Igbos were cannibals.Because there was really no reason for posting such trash, My dear Mr Know All why did you write that in the first place ?

27) You seem to have forgotten to mention Ekpon community as one of your famous "errors", At least a man called "Idemudia" have educated you better and of course for pride sake you could not even mention it,

This is just Part 1 of my replies to my posts since I left.It was just a strategy (a pathetic one ) by you to ridicule me and my posts and appear as the expert( which you keep calling me).Let me remind you that this venture of yours have met a brick wall.We shall see who will quit.
I just went through your so-called apology and I will say to you that such an apology is not accepted because it is not genuine.The good news that you have come to your senses to accept that the systematic killings were real and that can never be cahnged ,No matter the denials, links or waht soevr.Because of the brief holiday, you ahve written so much.I am not that idle, I will trash these so called points of yours one after the other.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Obiagu1(m): 4:51am On Jul 30, 2011
@ Physics,

I pity the Professor that'll read your thesis, a 30,000 paged thesis.

Walahi, you can write a book in a day.  undecided
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
for the person , saying i am claiming agbor , right from the beginning of many of my write ups, i have always said i am from owa and i am very proud of my ancestory, i hail from the idumu-ezomor village of owa oyibu , headquarters of owa kingdom, and i am a descendant of kings and princes in owa.
2. not to bore readers in journalism we say facts are sacred and opinion can be twisted , owa kingdom is the second largest kingdom by size and population in ika land , second only to agbor in terms of population.
3. owa is the local govt.headquarters of ika north east local govt , while agbor is the local govt headquaters for ika south.
4. agbor and owa are very close as they are a stone throw from each other, infact the area many people call agbor today includes owa land, the most famous and developed area in ika land is bojiboji area, and it belongs to agbor and owa, the old lagos asaba express way is the demarcation. where you have zenith bank is bojiboji agbor and where you have oceanic bank is bojiboji owa .
5. out of these two , there is more economic development in bojiboji owa area , there is also development in bojiboji agbor , in these two places all the elites from ika land , always cheerish to own a house there ,.
6. owa is a famous kingdom , infact the dein of agbor and the obi of owa are the two most famous kings in ika land , and the two most recognised , in 1913 our obis of owa and agbor who were both edaiken - efeizomor hezekiah of owa and gbenoba of agbor were sent by the british to go for a 6 month course on how to govern the kingdom in benin., obi of owa -efeizomor the second , is in africa who is who ,year book and the dein of agbor is also there , no other ika king has made it till date .
7. owa kingdom become very famous ,when in 1906 we single handedly fougth a war with the british, and they suffered many losses ,and captain crewe reade was beheaded in owanta , then owa was conquered , this made the british to fear agbor district , because all ika area was called agbor district as at then
8. owa kingdom is the most politically powerful in ika land as per people who have been holding political office and other offices in ika land .owa has made ika people proud in many areas -
9. right now an owa man is the highest political office holder in ika and delta north in person of chief arthur ifeanyi okowa, and we have an ambassador godson echegile, and we have kingsley emu as commissioner of commerce and industry in delta state.
10. right from pre-colonial times we had chief edward anuku as a minister in old western region, we had chief iwerebor as a councillor in old western region, we had captain anuku as the first nigerian naval officer who trained in england, we also produce first ika person to win miss, nigeria in rita anuku, first ika person to be deputy governor in sam ebonka, the first african to head longman international ,in chief iwerebor, frontline journalist nduka irabor, and nduka obaigbena- president newspaper proprietors association of nigeria and this day publisher, rt, major generals usiade-former director army fianance, general osokogu, general osaigbovou, former deputy inspector general of police ugbaja and a host of others, we had chief ohen first ika lawyer , mrs olomu the first ika female graduate and others.
11. we also produced the first ika person and the first non-yoruba to become the head of the anglican church in nigeria in person of dekenriehi orogodo okoh and our obi is the most educated obi in ika land dr.emmanuel efeizomor the second .
12. those who dont know ika and owa history should ask and not speculate , no owa person would claim to be from another place ,because we have a proud legacy in ika , we are strong and influencial .
13. i want to make a point in owa history for those who do not know -
a. odogun was the first king of a unified owa kingdom and his brother was said to be ozomor who founded owa alizomor , according to owa history
b. OWA ALIZOMOR is a town in owa and it is made up of four villages , out of which three were founded by the children of ozomor while one was founded by another person.
c. ozomors three children were ogbe, ose and ille , while the ousider was iruh
that is why you have 1. idumu ogbe, idumu ose and idumu ille - these names were surely bini /edoic names , however owa also have migrations from igbo land also .
finally i am very proud to be an ika man and an owa person.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
1. using the ika population projection of the 1996 census the ika people in delta state is put at about 500,000 people this year , while the population for ika as at 1996 was put at about 240,0000. thousand ,and we still have other ika people in edo state like the igbanke people and others like the owa people in owa iru ,owa nikeke and owa riuzor idu , and in obazagbon nugu areas so that is very much to form a country as there are some countries that are not up to 500,000 people , not to talk about ikas in diaspora outside of ika land in big cities , towns and many countries .
2. in ancient times ika area started as kingdoms and states of their own and later the area was conquered by benin kings and became part of the benin empire.
3. later on many of the kingdoms in ika land became independent of benin, and became entities of their own,.
4. ika is not the smallest ethnic group in nigeria , and so if nigeria breaks up God forbid , we will decided what to do and if we want to align with people , we know those to align with and those not to align with .
5. agbor was formerly a large kingdom , which had or controlled towns farther than were it is today, it controlled many towns even up to igbudu in the olden days , but later many of these towns became independent ,while some remained with agbor .
6. ozanogogo are edoic people and they are ika people because of the long history of relationship with agbor kingdom, they are a part and parcel of agbor kingdom. according to some traditions they were warriors stationed by the oba to prevent strangers from entering benin, while some agbor traditions say they migrated around the 10th century from benin into agbor and the then king of agbor called ogele ,later gave some of them land to reside near the ogele palace ,and they were used to protect the king because they were great warriors and medicine me- ewaise .they had the poison we call edide in ika. and they were later given chiefthancy titles too. they also play a role in the crowning of the dein of agbor.
the present dein of agbors mother is from ozanogogo , she is the queen mother of agbor , however what they want to do with themselves is their free right, as every one has the freedom to decide what they want to be, even if they decided to break from agbor they will still be related to agbor and ika people.
7. owa kingdom too experienced that too , according to some elders in owa they believe that idumuesah kingdom was part of owa and it was called owa idumuesah, but however they broke away to found their own kingdom, but many idumueash people i meet told we that they were never part of owa ,but were at a time subdued by the british and placed under owa and later they became free, however i do know owa and idumuesah has a contigous area ,as theya very near each other and i do know that every owa oyibu person has a family in idumuesah including my own family as one of my fathers uncle was the chief priest of olobume shrine , his name was erikume , he lived for 140 years.he was the fourth person to use iron roofing sheet to build.in idumuesah kingdom.
8. also the people of emuhun a town that is part of agbor also from time to time want to quit agbor kingdom as they believe they were a kingdom before they were subjugated , but some agbor elders say they were part and parcel of agbor kingdom, as during the regency period before the dein took over the sit of his ancestors some communities wanted to break away , like ozanogogo, emuhun and oki , but it was not successful - these people never said they were not ika people , they only wanted to be autonomous thats all .
9. one of the praises of the dein of agbor was -
do dein,
ogiazun gbome ohinmin- which means dein who used his back to cover or block the river niger .
10. actually in ancient times agbor was the most powerful kingdom in ika land and outside of benin they wielded great power they controlled many towns even close to the river niger and they collected tributes from many kings .
it is on record that it iwas agbor that seized the trade route of river niger from benin,during the time of oba ovarewen and that is why benin wanted to wage war against agbor , in fact it was the british conquest of benin that did not allow the war to take place,as the oba had stationed 10,000 soldiers at ologbo and another 10,000 at obadan ready for war , as at that time benin power was down ,because the itsekiris sized the benin river trade route with the great itsekiri war lord nana and chief don numa dealing with the british , while agbor had already seized the river niger trade routes .
11. agbor tradition tells us that when the dein/obi of agbor dies he is buried with many people including a king in the present delta north area
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
agbotaen:

[s]1. using the ika population projection of the 1996 census the ika people in delta state is put at about 500,000 people this year , while the population for ika as at 1996 was put at about 240,0000. thousand ,and we still have other ika people in edo state like the igbanke people and others like the owa people in owa iru ,owa nikeke and owa riuzor idu , and in obazagbon nugu areas so that is very much to form a country as there are some countries that are not up to 500,000 people , not to talk about ikas in diaspora outside of ika land in big cities , towns and many countries .
2. in ancient times ika area started as kingdoms and states of their own and later the area was conquered by benin kings and became part of the benin empire.
3. later on many of the kingdoms in ika land became independent of benin, and became entities of their own,.
4. ika is not the smallest ethnic group in nigeria , and so if nigeria breaks up God forbid , we will decided what to do and if we want to align with people , we know those to align with and those not to align with .
5. agbor was formerly a large kingdom , which had or controlled towns farther than were it is today, it controlled many towns even up to igbudu in the olden days , but later many of these towns became independent ,while some remained with agbor .
6. ozanogogo are edoic people and they are ika people because of the long history of relationship with agbor kingdom, they are a part and parcel of agbor kingdom. according to some traditions they were warriors stationed by the oba to prevent strangers from entering benin, while some agbor traditions say they migrated around the 10th century from benin into agbor and the then king of agbor called ogele ,later gave some of them land to reside near the ogele palace ,and they were used to protect the king because they were great warriors and medicine me- ewaise .they had the poison we call edide in ika. and they were later given chiefthancy titles too. they also play a role in the crowning of the dein of agbor.
the present dein of agbors mother is from ozanogogo , she is the queen mother of agbor , however what they want to do with themselves is their free right, as every one has the freedom to decide what they want to be, even if they decided to break from agbor they will still be related to agbor and ika people.
7. owa kingdom too experienced that too , according to some elders in owa they believe that idumuesah kingdom was part of owa and it was called owa idumuesah, but however they broke away to found their own kingdom, but many idumueash people i meet told we that they were never part of owa ,but were at a time subdued by the british and placed under owa and later they became free, however i do know owa and idumuesah has a contigous area ,as theya very near each other and i do know that every owa oyibu person has a family in idumuesah including my own family as one of my fathers uncle was the chief priest of olobume shrine , his name was erikume , he lived for 140 years.he was the fourth person to use iron roofing sheet to build.in idumuesah kingdom.
8. also the people of emuhun a town that is part of agbor also from time to time want to quit agbor kingdom as they believe they were a kingdom before they were subjugated , but some agbor elders say they were part and parcel of agbor kingdom, as during the regency period before the dein took over the sit of his ancestors some communities wanted to break away , like ozanogogo, emuhun and oki , but it was not successful - these people never said they were not ika people , they only wanted to be autonomous thats all .
9. one of the praises of the dein of agbor was -
do dein,
ogiazun gbome ohinmin- which means dein who used his back to cover or block the river niger .
10. actually in ancient times agbor was the most powerful kingdom in ika land and outside of benin they wielded great power they controlled many towns even close to the river niger and they collected tributes from many kings .
it is on record that it iwas agbor that seized the trade route of river niger from benin,during the time of oba ovarewen and that is why benin wanted to wage war against agbor , in fact it was the british conquest of benin that did not allow the war to take place,as the oba had stationed 10,000 soldiers at ologbo and another 10,000 at obadan ready for war , as at that time benin power was down ,because the itsekiris sized the benin river trade route with the great itsekiri war lord nana and chief don numa dealing with the british , while agbor had already seized the river niger trade routes .
11. agbor tradition tells us that when the dein/obi of agbor dies he is buried with many people including a king in the present delta north area[/s]

agbotaen link=topic=458875.msg8840894#msg8840894 [s:
date=1312308950]
for the person , saying i am claiming agbor , right from the beginning of many of my write ups, i have always said i am from owa and i am very proud of my ancestory, i hail from the idumu-ezomor village of owa oyibu , headquarters of owa kingdom, and i am a descendant of kings and princes in owa.
2. not to bore readers in journalism we say facts are sacred and opinion can be twisted , owa kingdom is the second largest kingdom by size and population in ika land , second only to agbor in terms of population.
3. owa is the local govt.headquarters of ika north east local govt , while agbor is the local govt headquaters for ika south.
4. agbor and owa are very close as they are a stone throw from each other, infact the area many people call agbor today includes owa land, the most famous and developed area in ika land is bojiboji area, and it belongs to agbor and owa, the old lagos asaba express way is the demarcation. where you have zenith bank is bojiboji agbor and where you have oceanic bank is bojiboji owa .
5. out of these two , there is more economic development in bojiboji owa area , there is also development in bojiboji agbor , in these two places all the elites from ika land , always cheerish to own a house there ,.
6. owa is a famous kingdom , infact the dein of agbor and the obi of owa are the two most famous kings in ika land , and the two most recognised , in 1913 our obis of owa and agbor who were both edaiken - efeizomor hezekiah of owa and gbenoba of agbor were sent by the british to go for a 6 month course on how to govern the kingdom in benin., obi of owa -efeizomor the second , is in africa who is who ,year book and the dein of agbor is also there , no other ika king has made it till date .
7. owa kingdom become very famous ,when in 1906 we single handedly fougth a war with the british, and they suffered many losses ,and captain crewe reade was beheaded in owanta , then owa was conquered , this made the british to fear agbor district , because all ika area was called agbor district as at then
8. owa kingdom is the most politically powerful in ika land as per people who have been holding political office and other offices in ika land .owa has made ika people proud in many areas -
9. right now an owa man is the highest political office holder in ika and delta north in person of chief arthur ifeanyi okowa, and we have an ambassador godson echegile, and we have kingsley emu as commissioner of commerce and industry in delta state.
10. right from pre-colonial times we had chief edward anuku as a minister in old western region, we had chief iwerebor as a councillor in old western region, we had captain anuku as the first nigerian naval officer who trained in england, we also produce first ika person to win miss, nigeria in rita anuku, first ika person to be deputy governor in sam ebonka, the first african to head longman international ,in chief iwerebor, frontline journalist nduka irabor, and nduka obaigbena- president newspaper proprietors association of nigeria and this day publisher, rt, major generals usiade-former director army fianance, general osokogu, general osaigbovou, former deputy inspector general of police ugbaja and a host of others, we had chief ohen first ika lawyer , mrs olomu the first ika female graduate and others.
11. we also produced the first ika person and the first non-yoruba to become the head of the anglican church in nigeria in person of dekenriehi orogodo okoh and our obi is the most educated obi in ika land dr.emmanuel efeizomor the second .
12. those who dont know ika and owa history should ask and not speculate , no owa person would claim to be from another place ,because we have a proud legacy in ika , we are strong and influencial .
13. i want to make a point in owa history for those who do not know -
a. odogun was the first king of a unified owa kingdom and his brother was said to be ozomor who founded owa alizomor , according to owa history
b. OWA ALIZOMOR is a town in owa and it is made up of four villages , out of which three were founded by the children of ozomor while one was founded by another person.
c. ozomors three children were ogbe, ose and ille , while the ousider was iruh
that is why you have 1. idumu ogbe, idumu ose and idumu ille - these names were surely bini /edoic names , however owa also have migrations from igbo land also .
finally i am very proud to be an ika man and an owa person.[/s]

WHO CARES!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by otapiapia: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^

grin grin grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
Some people are trying to distort history.I visited ndiowa.com and noticed that a lot of things has been modified and registration is now required.Why is agbotaen denying himself?Owa neither has oil nor land,nor human resources ,nor access to sea nor a successful city ,so I do not understand your reason for self denial.Humble yourself so that your fellow Igbos can help you.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Chyz, lol who cares, really Agbontaen has really nothing to write on and he resurfaces every now and then.

@Physics,

1)On Ubulu Uku , the Agbogidi and the scuptures
 The sculptures I  must confess was interesting ; Interesting as well was your "thesis" on those heads.Like I have always emphasized the Ubulu Uku people have their own version of the war , the story of Adesuwa and the Agbogidi and the outcome of the war itself.My advice is that as proud memebers of our respective ethnic groups we should just stick to our versions.
Why you noted that a replica of the head is sent to the "vanquished foe" as a reminder of what could happen to them and the other kept in Benin , I wish to note here that nothing of such exists in Ubulu Uku a town which is renowned for so many monuments including the tree which Princess Adesuwa herself was executed for witchcraft.
In our ie Ubulu Uku version, three major wars were fought and in the first two wars , the Benin army suffered humiliating defeats including the capture of many Benin soldiers whose descendants have been integrated into some qtrs in Ubulu Uku. Now, in the third attempt following a divination, it was revealed that any military attempt to capture Ubulu Uku would be futile and there was someone in the Benin Kingdom who is versed in Ubulu magic which has been used to demolished the Benin imperial army and the man revealed was the Agbogidi of Ugo.
Incidentally , Ubulu people see the same Agbogidi as an ingrate , Why ? Because when he was younger , he suffered from an  ailment and none in the Benin kingdom who was consulted could cure it until he was brought to Ubulu Uku were the Obi and the Ubulu people who are heirs to the strong school of traditional medicine established by Ezemu in about 1200 took care of the lad and after a long period of treatment was cured. In the nature of the Anioma people and their hospitality , he was accepted into such schools and taught many secrets of the religion which had made the Ubulu people impregnable in spiritual matters.
It was in this attempt that the Agbogidi of Ugo was called upon by the Benin to save them from humiliating defeats.When the Ubulu people heard that the Benins were set to attack with someone who has some knowledge of their magic, it was decided that the town should be completely evacuated.Some went to Afor in Ndokwa East, some went to Ashama and other places, while in consultation with their oracles , it was revealed that the war was basically a spiritual one and the seven most powerful memebers of the school were asked to defend the town.
The war was therefore not a war based on "local production of firearms"
In this last attempt , the Benins failed just like the previous ones and even more of the invading Benin army refused to return to the disappointed Oba. Of course, the Agbogidi was not killed rather he was castigated by the Benins for not being on the Benin side which was responsible for their defeat and war ensued amongst themselves leading after a long struggle to the death of the Agbogidi.
Methink and this is my opinion , that the casted head  ( which was "attributed"wink was that of the Agbogidi and not the then Obi of Ubulu Uku ( Obi Oliseh).I earlier noted that there is nothing of such a head in Ubulu Uku a town remarkable for her numerous monuments and secondly , Ubulu traditions notes that Obi Oliseh was an old man when he joined his ancestors.Look at that Bronze piece very well, Does it look like that of an old man ?  Of course it does not.
The story does not end here
After , Ubulu land had been resettled following the war, three successive Obis of Ubulu Uku passed on in rapid succession and when the oracle was consulted , it was revealed that Ezemu's convenant with the Benin had been broken following the defeat of the Benin army and for peaceful reign to be maintained in the kingdom( as  decendants of Ezemu) they must try and make friends with the Benin.This was interesting because why three Obis had passed on in Ubulu Uku, the same Oba of Benin was still on the throne and this was seen as a symbol by the ancestors of both the Benin and Ubulu people to make peace with the same Oba ( Akengbuda I think) who had been humiliated. Traditional gifts were sent to Benin and the Oba reciprocated and the era of mutual respect and trust was restored.Thus it was after this reconciliation that the Obis of Ubulu Uku began to enjoy relatively long period of rulership in the kingdom.
Like I noted before everyone has his own version and this is ours. For instance , our version says that  Adesuwa was the Oba's daughter who had been married to the Obi of Ubulu Uku but the Benin version says she was the Oba's lover.Our version says that the Princess had used her knowledge of witchcraft to inflict some pains on the royal family hence her execution but the Benin version said that Adesuwa was "spiritually called" by the Obi of Ubulu Uku to attend the market in Ubulu Uku ( 60 miles in a quest to retrieve a debt owned her) and had wanted to force himself on her.

Now, on the issue of "resources" and "local production of firearms",
Our version notes that in the two earlier wars, the Ubulu Uku army was massively assisted by all the neighbouring towns in terms of logistics, resources and so on.Unknown to many people , Ubulu Uku has allied states which of course includes my hometown. Another was the terraain of the town itself which is very hilly.It was this cooperative attitude of many Anioma towns that sustained them during the Ekumeku wars which they fought for more than 13 years and Benin, yes the "almighty" Benin collapsed just within 8 days of bombardment by invading British troops of just a few thousands.The Benins are quick to say that it was the superiority of the British firearms that led to the fall of the kingdom. Yes , this is true for Benin and all other peoples of Nigeria but it was the dramatic fall of the Benin state with such relatively  little resistance that reveals that the Benin State was not that powerful. And from my research , it should date from the death of Oba Ohuan in the 17th century when there was instability in the kingdom and the loss of patronage from the Europeans since slaves which was the main article of trade in those was scarce and very expensive.
This was also the reason why several Benin princes(in the 19th century) who had lost their claims to the throne fled to their maternal kinsfolk in Esanland and raised armies amongst the Esan to forcefully reclaim their thrones. A strong Benin state would ahve easily withstood such attacks but the Benin state was weak and there was massive depopulation which was caused by massive human sacrifice, practice of witchcraft  and internal wrangling amongst the enins themselves.
So the claim of local production of firearms which could be true of the Benin state could not have made any difference as more recent events of the 19th century are testimonies.
The Anioma States on the contrary experienced economic boom from the mid 17th century  because the trade in slaves had brought in much wealth and this has led to massive population growth and further strenghtening the state formative process of the various kingdoms and  states. The principal contact we had with the Europeans was via the Aboh kingdom which had founded a port in the Ijaw country ie Brass.This contact was not just with the Europeans , there were extensive contacts with the North via Igala and the various Eastern Igbo communities as well as Benin itself.Thus there was just a period of growth in production of firearms as well and this was inevitable because the Anioma states had to meet up with the demand of the booming trade in slaves and other commodities.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2011
500,000 . . is that really the population of Ika?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Physics,

1)On Exothief,

Like I noted before Exothief is a mismatch for me, Because he is so chidish and uninformed.@ Readers please use Google and find out yourself if Ogie was used more in reference to the King or to Honour and we will see who is attemting to deceive anyone here. Mind you I never said Ogie would not (depending on usage) would not be used to mean "honour" and this is just so right since kings are themselves enveloped with honour. In the same respect, Ogie should as well be used for its primary purpose ie the king.
I began to notice that Exothief is nowhere to reality during our debate on the Olu Eko/Eleko( anyone can google these words and see who is lying). Asa native of Usen , a Yoruba speaking community attached to Benin and whose ruler bears the title of "Olu Awure" he should be in the best position to use the title used by his own king as an example.But no way , a classical example of the present Benin youth brought up in Benin City and donot have any knowledge of their roots. Hewenton further to even deny that Usen is not Yoruba speaking which of course is not the position of 99.9 % of Usen people and their Oba , the Olu Awure. Such a person is unworthy of correcting me.

2)On Princess Erinmwinde,
This was the mother of the first Oba of Benin. I will be pleased if I am given another name of an Oba's mother until the craetion of the Iyoba title by Oba Esigie.The fact is that prior to the installation of Esigie, all mothers of the Oba were killed because in Benin thought an Oba should not have mother.During the period of the Princess , the Oba dynasty was at its formative stage and therefore cannot be a good example.Besides there is little on Princess Erinmwinde after her son became Oba.There is every possibility that she was a victim of this barbaric culture.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ChinenyeN, Another lie from Agbontaen, The 2006 census did not specify the ethnic backgrounds of Nigerians and as such no one is sure of the figures.But this is the results of the census for the two Ika LGAs.
1)Ika North East 183, 657
2)Ika South 162, 594
Anyone can do the arithmetic and see if its up to 500,000. But if we include Igbanke which has a little above 45,000 people, you'll get a figure close to 400,000 people but this cannot represent the population of Ika Enuanis because the census does not reveal the ethnic origins of Nigerians.

@Physics,

1) On Egharevba being the source of my claim of the war between the Benin and the Yoruba people,
Wrong assumption !
If you have readmy posts very well , you should know that Egharevba cannot be my source especially as it relates to the Anioma people because everything he wrote as far as I am concerned is "thrash"
Aniomaland was not isolatedfrom Yorubaland and within our territory are people claiming a Yoruba origin and till this day speak a dialect which is primarily Yoruba with serious saturation of Igbo words.In our dialect, we call the Yoruba "Ndi Abakpa" and during my investigation on how Owa broke out of Ute Okpu, I was told that the wars occured mainly in Yorubaland( Agha na Ani Abakpa). It therefore has nothing to do with Egharevba and whatever he wrote because his book is about Benin History and not Anioma history and we know our history too well.
It is neophytes like Agbontaen tht thinks Egharevba is "great" not me.

2)On Anioma being a 20th century Creation,
On the surface yes, it is a 20th century creation but on a closer look, Anioma is just a reflection of names whose identity and history spans over 1,000 years.These are Ika, Aniocha, Ndosimili(Ndo), Ukwuani(Kwa) and Oshimili all of these names dates earlier than Edo in usage.Besides , Ani is the word common to Anioma, Enuani and Ukwuani and it means land or people and this connection fits very well to themselves.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 11:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Physics,

, "Over some yams"
Yes, over some yams because life was difficult those days. But that assault is just a reflection of our opposition to all forms of oppression no matter the person involved. The Iyoba is not God to seize what the people have toiled for and expect the people to just keep quiet. Besides Nnamdi Azikiwe, another notable scholar who recorded this tradition is Ikenna Nzimiro a native of Oguta( whose community is an offshoot of the Ezechime movement).Therefore the story is not my invention.
It might look trivial but "little things" like yam and other agricultural products could cause some effects which changes history.What do you think caused the Ife / Owu war that spark the 19th Yoruba civil wars ? Was it not a quarrel over alligator pepper ? I will advice you be a little more broad minded and humble so that you can learn because you think you are vast, perhaps an expert in refering me to the works of other people and using it as points which of course are in most debateable or just baseless or stupid.
The"thugs" for your information that beat up the Iyoba founded so many towns including several settlements in Edo State ( Okuta-Ebelle in Esanland was founded by people from Onicha Olona) and during the centenary anniversary of the invasion of Benin in 1997, the Oba had invited the descendants of the "thugs" to felicate with him which they accepted.
I will also advice that you should be more tactful with the use of words.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Physics,

"A title on Zappa",
A title on a Catholic Priest, Such a suggestion would natural come from someone who is mentally challenged but I dont think you are.
Zappa did a lot for the Anioma people and we are greatful and we have institutions named after him such as roads and schools and this is enough to immortalize a man who died without any issue and was buried in our land.
Now, on the claims that he came to stop such barbaric practices such as human sacrifice and "other things", Dont expect me to deny that there were not in existence such evil practices but not to compare to the Benin kingdom which was famous as a "City of Blood" where human sacrifice was unmatched in the entire Guinea Coast .And this the fact that despite the antiquity of Benin , the population is quite small because so many must have lost their lives in those days. It could still be the situation now because I remember in 1978/79 , there was rumour all over the place that people had been captured by some Benin agents of darkness for use as sacrificial items though there were denials from the Palace.This is the case because even if there had been no sacrifice, the barbaric practice of those days and the severity of such rituals were enough to genarate such rumours.Incidentally, in 1979 , the Obi of Agbor joined his ancestors and nothing of such rumours was heard in Agbor.I therefore wonder who should remind the other about human sacrifice.
In Aniomaland, it was those towns that were "clients'' of the Benin kingdom that had that practice.In Ogwashi Uku for instance , no one had been ever used for sacrifice because the Obi directly descend from the Eze Nri( Ogwa Nwa Eze Nshi) and this custom is just a carry over of the Nri custom that frowns on the spilling of blood.It will interest you to note as well that Zappa also worked in Ogwashi Uku.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ogbuefi11: 11:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Physics,

1)On Oba Akenzua,
Like I stated before the relationship was reciprocal and let us not manufacture history here.The Oba was educated and quite exposed and after the creation of the Egbe Omo Oduduwa which was created in 1945 , it became apparent to the Oba to set up a political machinery that will articulate the position/aspiration of the Benin and perhaps other Midwest Groups and this was in 1949.This is an interval of 4 years for the Egbe Omo Oduduwa(which evolved into the Action Group) and 5 years after the NCNC.

2)On Chief Edebiri, Indeed the Chief is such a warm character and this is what my father told me.But I suggest you go back to your post on Chief Edebiri because he claimed in the interview that he was one of the unsung heroes of the independence movement.

3)On Chief Sam Igbe, I stand on my position that only those of assimilated stock could be considered as chiefs in Benin. For this reason, Chief Igbe could not have been of a stranger element especially of Urhobo origin.
A few days ago , I stumbled on a write up on the Obas of Benin by Naiwu Osahon in which he clearly noted that titles are never bestowed on non-natives of Benin kingdom.I am not aware that Igho Natufe is the unofficial biographer of Chief Igbe to know his Urhobo ancestry.

This is where I will stop now, I wrote something earlier, I think it has has blocked as usual.I dont really mind because those I intended it for can read it and that is what matters.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2011
lol, iguefi, unlike u, i don't need to use google for anything. i understand the language and the usage of words. the root-meaning of ogie is honour/praise. and it is funny u keep debating the issue even after i no longer care about the point. but i guess your inflated ego got bruised when i corrected u dats why u just can't seem to let it go. but no matter how u try to twist it, the root-meaning of ogie is honour/praise not king and i have already explained it with the edo names i posted earlier.

and it is funny u keep referring people to google yet u claim u are not good at using google and not a google master. u are an idiiot and a classical case of an internet scholar who google and wikipedia has twisted his head with a lot of junk. and no, it is not olu awure it is elaware u old dummy.

and usen people don't speak yoruba we speak usen. ask any usen person what language he speaks, he will tell u it is usen and we are edo people. no usen person dead or alive will identify as yoruba get dat into your thick skull.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2011
Chyz*:

WHO CARES!

i do
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
Aniomaland was not isolatedfrom Yorubaland and within our territory are people claiming a Yoruba origin and till this day speak a dialect which is primarily Yoruba

so according to you, there are even yoruba people in the so-called aniomaland? 

so let me see, it seems the so-called aniomaland is made of yoruba, edo, ika, igbo and a few other groups that i may not privy to at the moment. so why are igbos the ones laying claim to it?

its seems to me so-called anioma is really non-existent but greedy igbos want to claim what has nothing to do with them. and the igbos propagating this agenda are the recent igbo migrants from owerri such as yourself. so here is a quick and simple question for u:

why did the so-called influential nri fail to assimilate the yorubas in anioma even till this day?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2011
exotik:

why didn't the so-called influential nri fail to assimilated the yorubas in anioma?

Because the Yoruba migrated much later after the Nri. Simple thing if you read and try to understand the history of the people you are talking about. Plus you need to check your posts more often.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
^yeah ryt. it just seems everyone else are the migrants apart from the igbos.

so when did the yorubas in aniomaland migrate there? since u claim it happened recently, u must have dates and stories to back it up. and oh, don't tell me dat same old story used for other so-called migrants. "the yorubas were at war with each other and some had to flee." it just seems every other group was at war but the docile igbos were busy sleeping and licking each other's arses while fleeing groups occupied their lands.

and why do i need to check my posts? any specific reason that i would give a shyte about?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2011
exotik:

^yeah ryt. it just seems everyone else are the migrants apart from the igbos.

so when did the yorubas in aniomaland migrate there? since u claim it happened recently, u must have dates and stories to back it up. and oh, don't tell me dat same old story used for other so-called migrants. the yorubas were at war with other and they had to flee. it just seems every other group was at war but the docile igbos were busy sleeping and licking each others arses while fleeing groups occupied their lands.

and why do i need to check my posts? any specific reason that i would give a shyte about?

They are Igbos with yoruboid decent. The yorubas that setteled there are not Aniomas. The yoruba that came were like Igbos in SABO-GARI or Igbos at Ajegunle.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2011
^
ok, wotever.

Yoruba migrated much later after the Nri.

^^^

but according to u, nri people are also not indigenous. so who were the indigenous people nri-igbo stole the land from, with their "influential" culture otherwise known as juju and witchcraft. and it was this influential culture that dominated the indigenous people they met there since nri was so weak they could not use military conquest to conquer the people.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
exotik:

but according to u, nri people are also not indigenous.

According to me?

exotik:

with their "influential" culture otherwise known as juju and witchcraft.

We all know which group this stereotype goes to, so if I were you I wouldn't even start.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2011
@exotik,

what LGA are the Usen in?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2011
According to me?

but i u said yorubas migrated much later after nri meaning nri migrated earlier.

and the stereotype of juju and witchcraft is associated with all nigerian groups and africans in general. and well it is what it is, "influential" culture otherwise known as juju and witchcraft that they used to dominate the people. and oh, plus cannibalism that is unique to igbos and their eastern kin in nigeria cos i think nri ate a lot of the ingenious people.

bottom-line: who were the indigenous people nri dominated with the so-called influential culture?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2011
what LGA are the Usen in?

did google fail u? if u couldn't use the english version try the igbo version that was influenced by nri and not aro. . . .hahahaha
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2011
exotik:

did google fail u? if u couldn't use the english version try the igbo version that was influenced by nri and not aro. . . .hahahaha

Google doesn't say.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2011
^^ ok, then u will have to wait for the edo version.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Chyz2: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
exotik:

^^ ok, then u will have to wait for the edo version.

What is are a few common Usen names?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by exotik: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2011
why do u care to know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.