Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (244711 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2011
agbotaen:

1. i have always said ika people have varying languages , we often here each other ,but some times meanings and use of words are different, if an abavo man speaks it will be slightly different from an umunede or at the extreme a person from mbiri or igbodo.
2. i have not classified any body as igbo, i dont know who is igbo or who is not , all i know is who is ika and who is not.
3. it was the british that brought many tribes in nigeria under one umbrella, so its more political, lets say 200 years ago , all we have was just kingdoms and empires , so when the british came people now decided to become igbo or hausa or bini or ishan , according to where they think they will be favoured politically , so they did form this rigid tribal basis in nigeria , and every group has the right and freedom to align with any group , just like anioma was conceived in 1951 , right now we have many people who think anioma has existed since eternity .
4. people come together with people they think they have things in common with , the vast majority of ika , have seen the various things that tie them together ,and they are one unit , and we are not interested in joining any major group, we are just our own people and we are ika.which some people are not happy about.
5. as an owa/ ika man , i have never denied that there are igbo migrations or igbo culture in ika , so also i cannever deny our deep bini connections , infact that is why we are the land of east meets west.
6. the egun people in lagos speak a different language from standard yoruba but they decided to be called yoruba that is their business, isoko speaks a close language to uhrobo , but they decided to be isoko, ishan speaks close language to bini , but they decided to be called ishan, itsekiri speaks a mix of yoruba and edo , but they decided to be itsekiris neither yoruba or bini, so also ika people speak a mix of igbo,bini and some ishan and we decided we are ikas, and that is strictly our business.

Dude stop the use of ''WE'' and preplace it with ''I''. You are speaking for yourself not Owa or Ika people. Do not pretend as if you have not read any of Ogbuefi's post here. Ogbuefi is an Ikaman and a proud Igbo. Your constant use of 'we' makes it look as if you are the monarch of Ika or Owa kingdom. Respect yourself poor boy.
Can you do the forumites here a favour by answering ChinenyeN's question. What makes other groups Igbo and Ika is not?. It is a pity you keep on dodging questions thrown to you all the time.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by asha80(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2011
so you guys are still on this
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by 9javoice1(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2011
i want to remind every body here that agbontean has another user name in another thread nigerianbestforum " solomon omojie " the topic is " origin of delta igbo indisputable ". the topic started 28th febuary 2009 and agbontean (solomon omojie) he omojie posted first time on the topic on 10th march 2009 and since then he continue posting till 9th june 2011. http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=22509.0 and http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=22509.525

so this guy contine posting on that topc for over two year just repeating himself in all his writeup's.
if anyone here blv this guy has any new thing or better thing to come up with is just a joke.
he will continue like this till next ten years and he will not get bud.

truth be told the discussion in another thread get that long because of this guy agbontean(solomon omogie).
because all of us blv he knew what he is saying but just to find out he is a drawning man later on.
he use to change user names to praise himself and keep his ignorant going.

if anyone is taking this guy seriouse that person need to stop.
and this guy will never allow this thread to end untill nobody is replying anymore
i use to think he has no job because if he has,he will be busy somewhere.
anyway am praying for him to get a job if he has none but if he has then it time he learn and stop been myopic.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by onyeokwu: 8:02am On Aug 29, 2011
not every ika person i have met think agborotaen i have seen some that defend their igbo identity
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by blaqoracle: 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
this forum is really very interestin to me.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by blaqoracle: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2011
the igbos are known to always claim everybody whose name sounds igbo. They even try to convert every other name to igbo and the end of the day they call it igbo. I know to well that the igbo language now is a language that was standardized for convenient communication. it is more or less like standardize the various dialect in NIGER DELTA to have one single language. The igbo know very well that they are not all one. the modern day igbo are just a political group, neither cultural nor traditional.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by blaqoracle: 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2011
were are the igbo advocate, are they tired of the battle?The oracle is now in the house.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
blaqoracle:

the igbos are known to always claim everybody whose name sounds igbo. They even try to convert every other name to igbo and the end of the day they call it igbo. I know to well that the igbo language now is a language that was standardized for convenient communication. it is more or less like standardize the various dialect in Edo state to have one single language. The igbo know very well that they are not all one. the modern day igbo are just a political group, neither cultural nor traditional.

Where is this monkey from?. Monkey, you have not brought anything new to the thread. You are merely revisiting what others have so far discussed. FYI castrated monkey, no Igbo has in this thread claimed that Igbo are one. It seems you left your brains at home before logging on here.
Castrated monkey, Ndigbo are not known to claim people whose name sound Igbo. Mattew Mbu's name sounds Igbo, yet no Igbo here has claimed him. Kanu Agabi sounds Igbo, no Igbo here has claimed him. Enyeama sounds Igbo, yet no Igbo has claimed him etc. Get a life shameless monkey as no Igbo is responsible for your joblessness, Idiott.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2011
@blaqoracle while there might be some element of truth in some of your points,the others are mere assumptions.The first Igbo translation using Isuama was almost unintelligible to 80% of Igbos hence the standardization by borrowing words from various dialects and fusing them.It worked and that is why everyone from Agbor to Abiriba understands the standard Igbo but cannot understand their individual dialects.Your other point of Igbos claiming those that bear Igbo names is baseless.Igbos only claim anyone that speaks a dialect related to Igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by blaqoracle: 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2011
i dont know were you are coming from. your name seem to sound more like a digger. (ngodigha). it usually unafrican for you to pure insult on someone you have neither seen or met before. as far as i am concerned you are only abusing the privilege of the internet. make meaning defence and stop raining abuses. well for the other contributor, i think he is a desciplined Nigeria.
Mr digger, what makes you really feel that these name are Igbo names, before equating these names you have to draw similarities in context before concluding. these names do they have the same functions in the individual dialect or sub group.
in responding, i oblige you to ensure the most decorus mean of communication.i really look forward to getting more of your responses.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2011
blaqoracle:

i dont know were you are coming from. your name seem to sound more like a digger. (ngodigha). it usually unafrican for you to pure insult on someone you have neither seen or met before. as far as i am concerned you are only abusing the privilege of the internet. make meaning defence and stop raining abuses. well for the other contributor, i think he is a desciplined Nigeria.
Mr digger, what makes you really feel that these name are Igbo names, before equating these names you have to draw similarities in context before concluding. these names do they have the same functions in the individual dialect or sub group.
in responding, i oblige you to ensure the most decorus mean of communication.i really look forward to getting more of your response.

Baboon or monkey, which one are you?. Shut up your stinking mouth as the Igbo are not responsible for your miserable life. How on earth can you claim that Ndigbo claim any name that sounds Igbo and bla bla bla. Why on earth do you come here to attack Ndigbo?. Is Kanu not an Igbo name, Is Agabi not found in Afikpo. Mbu in Igbo means in the past and it is common in Igbo-Uzo-my part of Igboland. Baboon, Kanu Agabi is not an Igbo man though his name sounds Igbo and no Igboman has claimed he is Igbo. Why do you monkey come here to chat rubbish that Ndigbo claim this and that?.
Brain-dead monkey, get back to the zoo where you belong. Bastardd.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Relax101(m): 8:10am On Sep 04, 2011
Kanu Agabi and Matthew mbu's name are very much Igbo but they are from Cross River state yet I have never seen Igbo's claiming them. I dnt knw where this freaking stories are emanating from?
You all should phuckin talk about your ethnic group and leave igbo people alone o,
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Outkast(f): 2:59am On Sep 05, 2011
Why don't you all agree to disagree and keep it moving?

A year later and you're on the same topic trying to shove it down each others throats that the other is right.

Andre Uweh, Agbontaen thanks for educating us
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 6:14am On Sep 06, 2011
[size=14pt][b] IGBO KWENU[/B][/size]
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsQED(m): 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2011
This thread is still up and going?

This thread will overtake that "True Extent of. . ." thread if this keeps going. I don't see how much more there is to discuss.

Hey Ngodigha, call your master Ogbuefi back here. Tell him to leave the forests of Igbodo and come back to the thread so I can post my rebuttal to his many fabrications. It suddenly became very important to him for responses to be posted while the other person is on the thread, even though he was the first to take advantage of my absence and go on a posting streak, so I want him here to see how all those fabrications (especially the Ubulu uku crap) are demolished. If you can reach cow-killer by email or by juju, get him back here, immediately. Thanks.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsQED(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2011
@ Agbontaen/solomon omojie

Since you are here, I might as well confront you about just one of the statements that you made on that NigeriaBest forum. I would respond directly to that thread on the NigeriaBest forum, but I don't feel like registering there, and most of the material on that thread honestly doesn't concern me.

I read on that NigeriaBest forum where you wrote that David van Nyendael claimed this:

"1702 , the  famous dutch  man nyandel visited benin and later settled  in agbor, this are some  of the  things  he  left  in his diary- many families migrating from benin and settling  into agbor.
  he  also  wrote about the war around that time between benin and agbor in which he recorded that agbor won over the  benin army and that after  the victory , there was  a  peace accord and that the agbor army did not  burn the palace of the  oba , because of the blood lineage between the obi  of agbor and  oba  of benin . "

This is a complete fabrication. I have read the comments you are referring to and distorting and they clearly refer not only to a Benin chief, but very specifically to a chief that Nyendael's Benin informant claims was beloved by the people of Benin city itself. His informant also claims that when the civil war happened, many of the people of Benin followed this chief out of Benin to a set up a court at a place a short distance away. He says nothing about any "blood lineage" being the reason that the palace was not destroyed and this is just another fabrication. He also mentions nothing about Agbor (which already existed before the  late 1600s/early 1700s and could not have had its royal court set up by this one Benin chief).

The Benin chief in question is the Iyase n'Ode, not any Obi of Agbor and it is sheer dishonesty to keep repeating this fabrication just because some people want to distort certain sources for their own purposes.

By the way, the Iyase's base was the village of Ugha north of Benin, near Ehor, not Agbor.

Iyase n'Ode supported Ozuere's ascension to the throne over Oba Akenzua and this led to a civil war, in which Oba Akenzua had to get the assistance of Ehenua (who became the Ezomo) in order to defeat the Iyase (after the Iyase had already ravaged Benin (except for the palace)). Ozuere was the brother of Oba Akenzua and a usurper (the throne belonged to the eldest legitimate son but there was a dispute over who was really the oldest.)

By the way, on some inaccurate internet websites you will see it stated that Iyase n'Ode supported Oba Akenzua but this is completely and totally incorrect and a complete reversal of the truth (one of the reasons it's not always good to rely on internet write ups). One of the internet writers who made this mistake was Naiwu Osahon, who Ogbuefi tried to present as an infallible authority about Benin, because Ogbuefi stumbled on one of Mr. Osahon's internet (not newspaper) writings through Google. The Iyase n'Ode supported Prince Ozuere, not Akenzua, and Oba Akenzua had to get Ehenua's assistance to defeat the Iyase n'Ode, but before this happened, the powerful Iyase (who had a large following) did attack the city (except for the palace). There are multiple writings on this Ewuakpe - Ozuere - Iyase n'Ode - Akenzua - Ehenua period of Benin history, some of which make reference to van Nyendael's statements and note how they seem to match up in certain areas with Egharevba's account of a protracted conflict between the Oba and the Iyase in this period.

The Benin civil war had nothing to do with Agbor and there was no recollection of a war with Agbor at that time by Benin historians. And there is certainly not any statement by Nyendael about a Benin Agbor war at that time. The 16th century (circa 1577) Benin-Agbor war is believed to have been won by Benin, but as with many of the kingdoms Benin defeated, it only managed to keep its grip on that conquered kingdom for a limited time and there isn't any evidence that Agbor was under a Benin chief (who was liked by the people of the city) in the late 1600s or early 1700s.

Just setting the record straight, since you seem to (like to) know a lot about history.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2011
many things happen in history and it depends on who is writing the history , there is a version of history from benin tradition and there are the ones told by agbor historians , lets take a look, if you read agbor history and tradition written by agbor elders and historica group, you will find the story there , but if you look at benin history or books written by other benin scholars you will also find out that agbor and benin fought a war around the period of late 16th - early 17th century and benin was said to have won over agbor ,but it was said to be one of the toughest rebellion that benin ever had around that time.
even of recent when the oba was celebrating his 30th year of coronation , he also highlighted the war between benin and agbor in which he said benin defeated agbor ,after a long battle , it is important to note that east of benin kingdom, agbor was the most powerful and elegant kingdom with a territory extending to many towns in todays edo and delta state.
nyandel said in 1702 , many families from benin where migrating into agbor and obior. he also left many notes presently kept by agbor palace.
the link between the dein of agbor and the benin monarchy is not in doubt as up till now ,no one from the agbor royal family can marry from the present benin royal family ,because of blood links.
the story of most ika kingdoms or agbor with benin ,is like the story of yoruba and benin ,and oduduwa, as there are many versions to the story .
the founding of many towns or kingdoms in nigeria have many versions.
however i have this to say to some propagandist who want ika people and owa in particular to be igbo, -
onu ile rie kpokponim,
onu wu oseka le obolo,
ojuwu jen kon de gi eson yimen onu ewuru,
ihien uyaghami ebihiakor agbon onu,
onu jen kon da hun egho le efe,
mani onu asaka kwondon e ,
ebi ebi kor nu ghe gbe,
iseh.
2. to the question of those who want me to tell them why ika is not igbo ? what do you want me to say , to you igbo propagandist , the other day your elders asked for ADADA AND ORIMILI states , they did not ask for anioma and they did not include any ika kingdoms , i think they are very wise , they know where their territory starts and ends, this was just last week,in the papers.
i have stated similarities between ika and igbo ,and i also stated similarities between ika and benin , and what makes ika ethnic nationality different from igbo or any other group, but trust this propagandist ,they will turn a deaf ear and even turn non igbo names into igbo names ,just because of their selfish interest, .no amount of name calling or intimidation will change the stance of majority of authentic ika people.,
3 .the highest ika socio-cultural group is headed by chief fortune ebie from agbor , he is the ika leader , he is over 70 years , and the secretary is major general usiade rtd. from owa almost 70 , leader of ika elders forum is rtd.justice ehiwarrior from owa ,all these men are championing the cause of ika ethnic nationality .
4. i have written on ika kingship, chieftancy, culture, tradition, language,history and world view , i have also dwelt on the criteria for being ika .so may any person who wants to read should check previous articles of mine.
5. i did not start the onu and ogua ika assemblies, so those accusing me ,should also note the our former revered leader was DR george oka orewa, before the mantle fell on chief fortune ebie.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by asha80(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2011
agbotaen:

many things happen in history and it depends on who is writing the history , there is a version of history from benin tradition and there are the ones told by agbor historians , lets take a look, if you read agbor history and tradition written by agbor elders and historica group, you will find the story there , but if you look at benin history or books written by other benin scholars you will also find out that agbor and benin fought a war around the period of late 16th - early 17th century and benin was said to have won over agbor ,but it was said to be one of the toughest rebellion that benin ever had around that time.
even of recent when the oba was celebrating his 30th year of coronation , he also highlighted the war between benin and agbor in which he said benin defeated agbor ,after a long battle , it is important to note that east of benin kingdom, agbor was the most powerful and elegant kingdom with a territory extending to many towns in todays edo and delta state.
nyandel said in 1702 , many families from benin where migrating into agbor and obior. he also left many notes presently kept by agbor palace.
the link between the dein of agbor and the benin monarchy is not in doubt as up till now ,no one from the agbor royal family can marry from the present benin royal family ,because of blood links.
the story of most ika kingdoms or agbor with benin ,is like the story of yoruba and benin ,and oduduwa, as there are many versions to the story .
the founding of many towns or kingdoms in nigeria have many versions.
however i have this to say to some propagandist who want ika people and owa in particular to be igbo, -
onu ile rie kpokponim,
onu wu oseka le obolo,
ojuwu jen kon de gi eson yimen onu ewuru,
ihien uyaghami ebihiakor agbon onu,
onu jen kon da hun egho le efe,
mani onu asaka kwondon e ,
ebi ebi kor nu ghe gbe,
iseh.
2. to the question of those who want me to tell them why ika is not igbo ? what do you want me to say , to you igbo propagandist , the other day your elders asked for ADADA AND ORIMILI states , they did not ask for anioma and they did not include any ika kingdoms , i think they are very wise , they know where their territory starts and ends, this was just last week,in the papers.
i have stated similarities between ika and igbo ,and i also stated similarities between ika and benin , and what makes ika ethnic nationality different from igbo or any other group, but trust this propagandist ,they will turn a deaf ear and even turn non igbo names into igbo names ,just because of their selfish interest, .no amount of name calling or intimidation will change the stance of majority of authentic ika people.,
3 .the highest ika socio-cultural group is headed by chief fortune ebie from agbor , he is the ika leader , he is over 70 years , and the secretary is major general usiade rtd. from owa almost 70 , leader of ika elders forum is rtd.justice ehiwarrior from owa ,all these men are championing the cause of ika ethnic nationality .
4. i have written on ika kingship, chieftancy, culture, tradition, language,history and world view , i have also dwelt on the criteria for being ika .so may any person who wants to read should check previous articles of mine.
5. i did not start the onu and ogua ika assemblies, so those accusing me ,should also note the our former revered leader was DR george oka orewa, before the mantle fell on chief fortune ebie.

i have ignored this thread for long but for the bolded it shows you have no brain.the people that were asking for adada and orimili states are they not indegenous to the geographical area the proposed state covers?

you think someone from orlu or ngwa will be clamouring for those states?

use your head!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by PhysicsQED(m): 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
Agbontaen, the idea that David van Nyendael made any reference to the base of the Benin chief being Agbor is false. Percy Amaury Talbot conjectured in his book that the court that was set up in the late 1600s/early 1700s being referred to by Nyendael was Agbor because he knew little about Agbor (that it was older than the 17th century) and did not bother to find out who the Benin chief was or what the conflict was really about. Talbot did not even say that van Nyendael actually was referring to Agbor. He just put Agbor with a question mark in parentheses (as a conjecture, basically) next to his quotation of van Nyendael's writing when he didn't know where the Benin chief described by van Nyendael set up camp. A simple inquiry in Benin would have solved the question for him of where the Benin chief that the people of the city loved had set up his court, but he didn't attempt to try to make the connection. Van Nyendael's writings are known and available and a few people have taken Talbot's conjecture in parentheses and tried to make it seem like that was what van Nyendael actually wrote.

And I didn't say that there wasn't a Benin-Agbor war in the 16th century or that it wasn't a tough rebellion. That wasn't the point.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2011
you have to know that there can be many sides to history or to a story , i have never said whatever i write is the only truth, as per benin and agbor or ika history , there are always many sides , one is the one told by the binis, another is told by the agbor or ika people and another by the british.
2. look at benin- ubuluku war, the bins said they won, while the ubulukus said it was a draw ,and in agbor history there was another version told , however all the version said it was the killing of adesuwa that started the war.
3. agbor / ika oral history talked about nyandel ,and some other books said so too, nyandel did not say that agbor was founded in the 17th or 16th century ,he only said people were migrating there from benin as at that time .
4. even if you dont believe that what about jacob eghrevbas book in 1930 ,where he said that the people of agbor, owa, umunede and ikas migrated from benin in several waves around 12th century.
5. but the fact is that most writers like to date agbor and owa to 12th century , but they are quite older than that, agbor oral tradition says agbor is very ancient and has been around for thousands of years having passed through three dynasties and changed names thrice , the kingdom was first called ominijie and the rulers were callled ogele , later as igidi with ogiso as rulers and finally ogungunagbon or agbon which means earth in benin language with dein/obi as rulers but the british changed the name to agbor in 1906.
6. some of the ogeles that ruled agbor before this present obi dynasty are 1. agbonzagbon, 2. ohunmagho 3. ogeleka, and others ,at some other times i will name al of them, this was far before the 12th century, this agbonta or ominijie had orhue as the capital , and the shrine there was called ugba agbon. this place still has an ancient moat till today.
7. the ozanogogo people of agbor kingdom migrated to agbor in the 10th century from benin .so you can see that agbor is very ancient.
8. take a look at owa kingdom most books and writers like to date it at 12th or 13th century , and they mostly ascribe the founding to an ute prince called edogun/ odogun, but in reality owa was founded many hundreds of years before odogun came by people from ikoha in ovia in benin called the adagba movement, and odogun had to fight many wars inorder to impose his rule on owa kingdom.
9.today there are many elders in agbor who believe that the world started in agbor in ominijie or agbonta ,because many communities say they were founded or at least migrated via agbonta ,some said they stayed there for a while and later left . some elders also believe that all ika people migrated from there and there is a story for that,but like i said that is there opinion,they even go further to say agbon means earth as in where the earth was started.
10. there are still others who believe that the whole of ika people originated from nri in anambra state ,that is also their opinion.
11. what i do know as an ika man is that ika people came from many places ,that is why if you look at any idumu in ika ,they will tell you where their fore fathers came from,
12. there are some ika villages that were founded by ishan , abor, ukwani and people from igbuzor area and some that were founded by igbo people.
13. till today if you go to umunede in idumu oba ,you will see where a very prominent oba of benin mother comes from in adaigbe area there , there is even a shrine built there for ritual purposes.
14. those whose major pre-occupation on this web page is to rain personal insults on people should dessist or meet with such insults too .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2011
i wish to use this medium to annouce the passing away of my father Mr.Godwin omigie-mgbejume ,a descendant of obi igbedigi (the great) of idumu-izomor village in owa -oyibu,may his soul rest in peace.
2. this is to congratulate our father ,my uncle ikpekutu obuseh omigie,for ascending to the head chief of idumu-izomor royal village in owa oyibu,he is now the edionma/okparan of the village.after the passing away of another member of our lineage okuziguarogomawe omigie.
3. SOME OWA CITIZENS WERE HONOURED BY OWA STAKE HOLDERS FORUM
---- 1. MAJOR GENERAL UGO BUZUGBE--the secretary Nigeria army ,defence headquarters.
2.professor eboh- president agric policy research network Abuja
3.DR,Okobia-the provost college of education agbor.
4.chief godson echegile- ambassador to sierraleone
5. chief arthur okowa - senator representing delta north
6.RT.major general osokogu
and other illustrious sons of owa also received the awards
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by abagoro(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2011
Accept my condolences Mr Omojie.We might argue and all but we are still brothers either as Igbos or as people that speak similar language.Take heart and continue to be a man.

2ndly it is gradually dawning on me the almost impossibility of a single Igbo identity not because of language and origin but evolution.Change is the only permanent thing in life.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2011
@Agbontaen: accept my condolence on the exit of your beloved father. Dibe ndidi ka mma. Ndo, sorry.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NegroNtns(m): 5:38am On Nov 15, 2011
Agbotaen,

Ndo o, pele! From God we came and to him is our return. May his soul rest in peace, Amin.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 2:04am On Nov 18, 2011
thank very much every body on this net, i must also confess that though we argue a lot and sometimes we agree and at other times we disagree and even abuse ,each other but i too have learnt many things from this arguements and counter- arguements,
2. some other owa indigenes that were honoured are---------------------
1. prince nduka obaigbena ,publisher of this day newspapers.
2. emeke iwerebor the M.D, of U.B.A ,
3. rt. general ephraim usiade

3. also the apex ika socio-cultural group the onu/ogua ika has changed her leadership as chief fortune ebie has handed over to sunday usifoh,
while ika elders forum is headed by rt.justice ehiwario.
4. also another ika person got appointed by the president into the board of niger delta commission in the person of kingsley odabi. is from agbor
5. an ika person in far away united states is standing for election as a democratic party candidate for general elections into the house in new jersey,the election is taking place this month,and his name is elliot isibor .he is from ute-okpu
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
1. janice okoh the daughter of late chief hezikiah okoh from owa oyibu has won this years bruntwood literary award in london, she won with her book titled three birds.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2011
Upon reading the first few pages on here, I am utterly shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I have to say the insults eastern Igbo are raining on us is unwarranted. The issue at hand is not even in an issue in any delta states.  Come to Asaba, Agbor, Aboh or any delta state and see denial igbo is limited so why una dey put us all in the same box.  Few people that happen to be a delta Igbo denying their Igbo heritage do not represent all of us.  They speak for themselves and themselves alone.  inferiority complex gini? ask una self this how many times have you seen Jay jay okocha, Ngozi iweala, Faze, Sunday olisa, Lynxx, Don Jazzy, Tony Elumelu, Dr. Cyril Uchenna Gwam-Odogwu, Stella Damasus, Tinie Tempah, etc. deny their Igbo heritage. Don’t let few minorities turn you against your own people ohh  sad sad sad sad.

As for the person that mentioned Asaba, I am an Asaba boy head to toe.  Nwa onye Igbo ka m’bu and a proud one at that.

^^^^^^^@ Agbotaen
Use the word I and stop saying we. This is why they think your type of assessment is common opinion among delta Igbos.  why can’t you minorities use the word I. I’ve seen Ika’s with completely different opinion as you, even Jim ovia, whom you’ve been mentioning never denied his Igbo heritage. I won’t be surprised if the rest are on the same boat.  Just because you happen to be Ika and they happen to be Ika doesn't mean you can speak for them. Speak for yourself and yourself alone

My condolences on your father's death.  May he RIP.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
One_naira, it shall be well with you. The same advice you have giving to Agbontaen has been handed to him several times. Even Ogbuefi, a proud Ikaman and a proud Igboman from Igbodo has done same but chap is stubborn.
Sometime in june last year, I was part of an Igbo youth delegation that visited the Obi of Owa in South west London. What Agbontaen is writing here is contrary to the monarch's belief of his people. The Obi even adviced us to include more Ika people in our activities.
There is no doubt about the IGBONESS of Aniocha/Oshimiri people. Just pockets of denials in the Ika/ Ukwuani axis, it could be up to 12% of the people, But since Uwechue's tenure at the apex Igbo organisation and Jim Ovia's speech at the last Ikenga awards in Owerri, the denials has reduced greatly. I don't think there up to 8% who sitll deny Igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezeagu(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2011
Thread should be laid to rest now?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2011
1. mr Asaba you are not an ika man ,you are an aniocha man ,so you are not competent to talk on ika issues, you so carried away by your igbo phobic views that you even think ika and aniocha is the same ,but you know it that ika and asaba are two different groups ,by culture and language and world view.asaba just got her monachy of resent , previously it was elders that was ruling asaba before the title of asagba was created,and it is still not from father to son, beyond that you should know that all the names you listed happen to be aniocha and oshimili people, so if they proclaim their igboness that is their business , leave ika people to proclaim their ikaness.
have you heard of chief fortune ebie and sunday osifo ? they are ika ethnic leaders, is any obi in ika land part of ohaneze like the obi of asaba ? the answer is none.
2. that jim ovia got an award from aka ikenga means nothing as many yoruba groups honoured him too, just last year a benin group gave an award to nduka obaigbena ,does that make him a benin man ? no he is an ika man.
3. you quite know that the problem anioma is having is all you aniocha people who think they should impose their igboness on others , but you know anioma or delta north people are from different places like yoruba,igbo,benin,igala and others,that was why your towns person chief osadebe created anioma ,and he acknowledged the fact that we are from different places that was 50 years ago, so how come your are propagating this igbohood for every one, i am not surprised about the person from igbodo , in igbodo they speak a form of corrupted ika and aniocha language,they are the last ika town and many of the people there migrated from igboland , but guess what even their king does not belong to igbo ethnic organisation , he belongs to ika ethnic group.
4. just to remind you in 1930, ika people came out to say they are not part of any ethnic group, and that is it.
5. we have never said said all ikas came from benin, but we recognise that the core founders came from benin,and others came from igboland,ishan ,ukwuani and others ,but all these people have fused together to form ika ethnic group and we will wish to state that nothing can change that.
6. all the obis in ika belong to onu/ogua ika and anioma organisations ,nothing more nothing less,
7. i will advise you to face you asaba /igbo agenda and dont bring it to ika area, i am a bonafide ika person who is proud of his ancestory.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2011
1. ika people have written books on ika history,language, even the new testament have been translated into ika language,just because ika people want to preserve their culture and tradition, the highest ethnic socio-cultural group in ika is onu /ogua ika, have you seen ikas calling any igbo organisation to help them solve any problem ? you there not go there if you are not ika, anioma is made up of four groups ika, ndokwa ,oshimili and aniocha ,this groups have different history ,culture and tradition, but because we inhabit very close space ,we all agreed to become anioma ,it not an avenue to impose an ethnic group on the majority of ika people, even during the civil war ,the ika people took an inventory of the situation and did not support biafra,and we know what happened to asaba,the rest is history.,and we see same type of events playing up again,here people will just via imagination , try to annex,others land , mr asaba have you lived in agbor,owa, and other ika areas to know what the people think about themselves or you just knew few ika people in asaba ? well i will advice you to go to ikaland and see that ika people distinguish between igbo person and an ika person, and an ika and an aniocha person.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2011
Ikas are ethnic Igbos. Go and sleep agbontaen. All these 'Benin' rubbish annoys the heck out of me, yet you cant say a single sentence in bini language. Nonsense. You cannot as a group be Bini, yet speak Igbo, also vise-versa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.