Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (244735 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2012
And who told you that "ogbeje" and "ozomor" are benin names ?

Those names are present in my town,Umuoji.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 1:07am On Jul 13, 2012
well i know you are an igbo propagandist and from a tribe of liers whose major stock in trade is 419, and stealing without any moral sensee ,that is
why your tribes people can sell their mother to get money and the richest man becomes king, crying nigerian ethnic group who always cry of maginalisation
my ancestors names are igbedigin, oviagbon, ugbebor,omoroje,ibiuzugbe,imade,osunhon ,aimonagbare,okpeaye,ogbe,igbudu,omigie, i guess you stupid igbo lir
lier will tell me it is an igbo name,our obis name is efeizomor ,his father was oboh efeizomor, his grandfather was ikokoh obaigbena,whose father was called
okundaiye,whose father was aigbodin igbeoba,whose father was called ose,and as far back as 13th century when my ancestor was the obi of owa his name was igbedigin, and after him the next obi was ewodo, and after that the next obi was ewuare and the next was orhogbua and the ozolua , i guess you will say this are not edo names .you make me laugh,the defeat your biafra got in ika land is that not enough lesson to tell you that ika rejected being igbo and igbo people ?
biafra was expelled in ika by the combined efort of general muritala , obi of owa ,obi of agbor,obi of umunede and other ika people like samuel ogbemudia
and major ighodaro from igbanke and major adolor from owa.
the edogun or odogun can be subject to many meanings ,but i am an owa man and we do not say odogwu , odo -means a mortar in owa dialect and ogun means war
, it can also be odo-mortar and ogun is also god of iron in owa like in idigun-iron divinity .
it can also mean edo- bini - ogun -warlord or edo-bini -ogun deity of iron and war ,or a strong man .
our family name is omigie-some translate to mean son of king ,others say son of chief and i have even seen an edo man translate it to mean another thing.
we are ika people and no stupid igbo propagandist can change our opinion about that ,when the chips are down ika will still disappoint igbos like
we did during the civil war and through you out of our dear ika land ,but we can give you places like igbodo whose many citizens stand by igbos and that was why
they were heavily dealt with by nigeria army ,yes there is igbo in ika but ika is not igbo ,because there is also bini in ika ,but ika is not bini,we are ika
this we made known since 1930.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
You will still not believe the truth even if its staring you on the face....You repeat the same post everytime without ansewering a legitimate question put accross to you. Throwing insults will not help you. You are a lieing baastaard who has been caught many times but you will nit own up to it. "Odo" also mean mortar in my Idenmili dialect. First you said Odogwu isnt same as Odogun which you said is same as Edogun which you said means bini warlord ! I caught you there and you start pulling new stunts. I ask you again,what does "odogun" mean in Ika dialect ? And dont tell me it means edo warlord cause thats a bare faced lie. Odogun is same as Odogwu and you know this. Stop twisting facts,mr. Ogun means medicine in Bini so I dont know where you get your "bini warlord". Its a known fact that there Bini migrants who settled in Ika land after the early Nris has already established a culture there. Discussion with you is a waste of time anyway.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by 9javoice1(m): 6:30am On Jul 15, 2012
Thanks to all contributors in this forum.
both fabricator's like agbontean and other distinguished gentlemen with a correct historical facts
like Oguefi,Abagworo,Nri priest,PhysicsQED,Andre Uweh,mbatuku2 and my humbleself.

i love it when history are put straight. i learnt a lot here.
i want to say big thanks to all in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by 9javoice1(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2012
A TESTIMONY:

A friend of mine is like biblical moses, it took me long with hard facts i got here and else where to convince him that he is igbo.
the day he repent ths are his words "I NEVER KNOW AM AN IGBO MAN" his parents died(by witches attack) when they were young.

adobted by their landlord since non of their fathers bros was present at the time his parents died. as little as they are,
they live among edo with all blv to be edo, just about 2005 the Landlord was about dying he called all the family members
and told them his last words and their he heard it for the first time he is not a family member nor edo but Aniocha.

by 2011 when we begin talking on this issues i take my time and educate him while he insults me,
i realy never know God is working to reunite him with his family root.
Right now they have find their father's root and to their amazement they were all phisicaly look alike in that big family.
cuz of privacy i will not add his name, though he said he has no qualms with it, but i don't think its a matured thing to do.

And they has continue sending apreciation to God to their landlord family and to me.
am using the same opportunity to thank all that contributed to this great work.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
PhysicsQED:

That man wasn't the "sole survivor" of the 1897 sack of the palace; he was apparently the only person alive by 1997 that was in the palace at the time, though.

Anyway, I acknowledged that Owa is a word in multiple Nigerian languages. My point was that Mbatuku's suggestion that there was no Benin migration eastward is not that likely considering that there are peripheral Edo communities in/near Ika areas to this day.

And if we take the likely story that the name Agbor is derived from "Agbon" (meaning "the world", or "life"wink as was emphasized here and elsewhere by actual Delta Igbos, we don't find an Igbo root for that name, although Agbor is clearly Igbo today, which is suggestive of something more in line with what Egharevba claimed and what bokohalal mentioned with regard to that song about Udo, Edo, and "Eka" (although the possibility exists that they were "Benin cultured Igbos" (as Abagworo put it) that chose an Edo word only because of influence, not because they were ethnically Edo).

I don't know what the word for "east" is in Ika or in the Owa dialect, but I wouldn't be surprised if Owa doesn't have a tradition that the name refers to the east.
@Physics, you are right. That Igboman was only the sole survivor at the palace during the sack by Europeans. I made some enquiries recently.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
ika is definitely not igbo and it cannever be that is why her citizens reject being igbo or going near igbo with a long pole, language is not the only criteria for knowing where a person or tribe come from and as for language our language now is called ika and not igbo , it is a mix of both edo and igbo words and sentences and we have carried out researches to know which word is igbo and which word is bini.
2. if you look at the core culture of the main ika people ,and if you go back in time say 500 years or more what you will find are bini names that our people bore, you will see in the naming of our villages and most towns bini names and if you come to what we worshipped traditionally , you will find they are mostly edo deities like olokun, ovia, ake, ohunweeden, ohointe, ogun(idigun),ojuwu( satan),ikpai( fire),and others with the exception of ikenga and ifejiokun that are igbo deities.
3. as for festivals our ancient festivals are mainly bini related like ikaba,ugbose, osiezi, inneh,ogbanigbe,uje and igue -which still remains the most famous in ika and bini land.
4. our kingship style was not taken from nri or any other igbo land ,but from bini using the uselu and edaiken system and chieftancy with a dein/obi and three levels of chieftancy called ohaimen - the palace ,town and hereditory chiefs which mostly go by bini names like obazuaye, obaseki, ozomor, ologboshere,uwangue, esama,isekure, ihama, ihaza, ihondon, and others these bini titles are the important ones , vested with traditional authority ,but right now we have igbo titles occuring in the last hundred years like ogifurueze,ezenweanali and others but very few and less significant.
5. the dressing of the chiefs and kings in ikaland attest to the fact that they look exactly like a replica of the oba of benin and bini chiefs.
6, due to our culture of property rights , marriages and other things which relate us to the bini ,if there is any cultural problem in ika and average ika chief will look towards bini and that is a fact ,because we share same cultural space.
7. what i see we also share with igbos is a nearness in language ,but basically an ika man has a different world view from an igbo person and it is easy to see that even today.
8. owa has been given many meanings by different people or elders some say owa -means house in edo language,some said it means owari as we speak in our dialect- wari means to hide,they said odogun hid in owa, some says it means owari enwen( he seperated himself) ,but for whatever it means owa was founded about 500 years before odogun was born .
8. ika people made their stand known to the british authority in 1930 when they said ika is part of bini and our ancestors rejected it and said we are ika and we do not belong to any other ethnic group than ika.
9.benin based their account on oral history that says agbon now agbor was founded by ogungunagbon a bini warlord,which the agbor people also acknowledge as one of their founders but other people too have migrated to agbor and therefore changed things,so agbor and ika is seperate from bini.
10. as i am writing i am still in bojiboji owa , i came for the burial of a relative and as i also went to greet a relative in owa-alizomor , they announced the death of the okpanran/odion of idumu-ogbe in alizomor town and he was 96 years old and his names were pa osunde ovia ohen ( this names were all edo names and he could easily pass for an edo man ) and that is the uniquess of ika and some times an ika person can have a name like nduka irabor (both igbo /edo names) or even onyeka okorie but that does not change him to be an igbo man ,he is still ika.
11.the british checked owa history and culture in 1913 in their intelligence report they said owa has bini and igbo migration pattern,in 1932 they also said it and professor owuenjeogu said owa has both nri ,edo and ika cultural patter in 1972, but he said owa has nri pattern from 13th century, that of edo in 17th century and ika pattern of 4000 b.c, the proff .said ika civilization is older than both igbo and edo pattern,and this calls for more research.
12. owa elders and 5 professors and chiefs wrote in 1999 in their book owa and her monarch that after their research the found out that edo and igbo have influenced owa language,culture and way of life via migrations and other things but they concluded that it was edo or bini that is more ancient in owa or has a more ancient past in owa that the igbo is more recent.
13. we should also not forget that there are some agbor and ika elders who believe that agbon or agbor was the cradle of civilization and that it has existed since about 8000 years and that all ika and even bini people came from agbor ,and there was a time a bini professor was working on that theory but the benin royal palace came out to say that bini is older than agbor and that agbor came out from benin.
14.but one thing is sure ogiso era was witnessed by bini ,agbor, owa and most ika people as the first word for king in ika and bini is called ogiso ,and we have lots of stories in owa about ogiso .
15. in our local pallance nothing is wrong or confussing about a tribe have two migration theories as some igbo propagandist
always like to paint about ika or anioma as itsekiri-say they are yoruba plus bini, while isoko who share similar language with uhrobo say they are isoko,and esan who share similar language with bini say they are ishans as an ethnic group, so we assert our ika ethnic nationality as ika people seperate from igbo or bini.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by cantell(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
agbotaen: ika is definitely not igbo and it cannever be that is why her citizens reject being igbo or going near igbo with a long pole, language is not the only criteria for knowing where a person or tribe come from and as for language our language now is called ika and not igbo.
Some people are still living in delirium.
I guess the Igbo in their language came from heaven.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2012
i also guess the bini in our language and culture came from igbo land , you igbo people never cease to amaze me , you love propaganda so much , there is nothing you cannot say you can even say our obis name efeizomor is an igbo name and that olokun is an igbo deity , why do youdeceive your self , if ika people rejected igbo in a critical time like the civil war period , and at other times ,and dont come near you with a pole ,why do you think they will claim they are igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
agbotaen: i also guess the bini in our language and culture came from igbo land , you igbo people never cease to amaze me , you love propaganda so much , there is nothing you cannot say you can even say our obis name efeizomor is an igbo name and that olokun is an igbo deity , why do youdeceive your self , if ika people rejected igbo in a critical time like the civil war period , and at other times ,and dont come near you with a pole ,why do you think they will claim they are igbo.
Brain-dead monkey, you are on your own. You are not Igbo and has a reason not to be Igbo. Igbo with 40 million is huge enough, so no need for you to be one.
The Ikas are Igbo and an Ikaman was head of the Biafran navy during the civil war. He was Igbo so he got the position.
I KNOW YOU ARE SERCHING FOR A JOB, How can I help you the jobless freak
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
you are just a clown ,the man that was commander of biafran navy was a relative of my father ,and his name as anuku from owa kingdom, but he did that as an individual soldier as the vast majority of owa people resisted and rejected biafra including our obi efeizomor who assisted gen .muritala in expelling biafra from ika land and banjo a yoruba man led biafra to conquer the midwest , so does it mean yorubas supported biafra, why do you igbos love half facts and propaganda ,even when you were loosing the war , you propaganda machine was saying you are winning.
well let me challenge you now ,please tell me an ika king that is a member of ohaneze ndigbo or is at the fore front of fighting for the igbo nation ?
does it not surprise you that ika with a very long standing is not at the fore front of igbo nation ,rather it is other delta north or anioma kings that are at it.
we as ika love our freedom and we also love our identity and we dont want to soil it, we do not need your numbers to be relevant as we are already relevant,as
1. an ika man from agbor ,jim ovia is amongst the richest nigerian business man ,he was former M.D.ZENITH BANK/owner visa fone
2. emefiele ,another ika man from agbor is the M.D. ZENITH BANK ,right now.
3. bamidele steve omojafor is a great guru in the advert industry and he is from agbor
4. ugo buzugbe is a major general /secretary nigeria army ,he is from owa
5. nduka obaigbena is the duke of nigerian journalism and this day newspAPER PUBLISHER ,HE IS from owa
6. nduka irabor ,a great jounalist is also from owa
7. the senator representing delta north is from owa,senator okowa
8. ogbuigwe is from abavo and he is the group M.D. for nigeria petrochemicals
9.we have the former speaker and acting governor of delta state in sam obi ,he is from ute okpu
10. former deputy governor of delta state in sam ebonka
11. the accountant general of delta stATE in mr . agbele from ute okpu.
12. kingsley emu from owa is commissioner of commerce and industry in delta
13. queen victoria ojeba ikenchuku is commissioner for millinium development,from ozanogogo
14.maRTINGS okonta as former speaker delta state from abavo
15. major general usiade ,former army director of finance
16.rear admiral eluma retired from agbor
17. emeke iwerebon is asst,managing director U.B.A
18. WE have many professors like ,prof. jegbefume, prof osaigbovou, prof okoh,prof okonta, prof osagie, prof eric eboh and others.
19. ika produced a world champion in batam weight in joe orewa from agbor.
20.abeauty queen in rita anuku -former miss nigeria,from owa
21, a film star in hanks anuku,FROM OWA
22. A P.H.D holder in person of joe omorogie from owa in the u.s at age 20 years.
23. a former minister in person of edward anuku from owa
24. the youngest crowned monarch in the world and youngest pro-chancellor of a university in africa in the dein of agbor kingdom
25.an ika man was elected into the house in the US in person of elliot ohue
26. we have produced generals like osokogu, ugbebor,iruh, omaiye , ojekpolor and others.
as ika people we have done lots of things , so we dont need any tribes population to become great, we are already great and we have a great cultural heritage
22. a P
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Agbontaen,
You so much like writing long letters. You really bore people with that. A lot of people do not read more than 3 lines of what you write.
Where is Akumazi?. I guess it is an Ika town. The late Obi of Akumazi represents Ika interest in Ohanaeze. Now his son has continued from where he stopped. All the Obis in Ikaland and Igboland are not represented in ohanaeze. They have delegates and the Ika delegate is the Obi of Akumazi.
You are not Igbo and does not know how the Igbo organisations function.
Why not give up and accept that you are a bloody loser.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
you are just a common propagandist , when did ika obis elect obi of akumazi to represent them? you are not an ika man so you cannot know how ika people operate , in delta we have eleven kingdoms or clans with their obi ,who is the supreme head of the community , so the dein of agbor is supreme head for agbor ,and obi of owa is supreme head of owa kingdom, so how can obi of owa or dein of agbor mandate another obi like the obi of akumazi to represent ika people ? the collective group that controls the vast number of ika people socio-culturally is the onu/ogua ika headed by mr.osifo , while ika elders forum is headed by chief ehiwario, and these people are at the forefront of building ika nation for ika people and not for building igbo nation.
and amongst ika kings the two most influencial are the dein of agbor and the obi of owa,and amongst which the dein is world famous so is he a member of ohaneze or have you ever seen him speaking for igbo people, please quit deceiving your self ika people in their majority reject being igbo and we are our own people ,so make do with those that claim to be igbo, the people in ika that usually say they are igbo people are mostly from eastern flank of ika such as ekwuoma,igbodo and we know what happened to them in the ill-fated civil war.
we are not interested in huge population as we have made great progress in the nigerian setting.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2012
^^^
You will continue to lose. Until you say Akumazi is not Ika will anyone take you serious. As it is now, the young Obi of Akumazi just like the tradition of his father has taken his role in the Ohanaeze.
Just as I said earlier, all the Obis/Igwes/Ezes do not all participate in Ohanaeze. If the dein or any other is not actively engaged in Ohanaeze does not mean that they are excommunicated in Igbo affairs.
The Ikas have taken their rightful positions in Igbo affairs and it is now left for you to go and kiss a transformer.
The Obi of Owa was in the U.K last year's June and the writer here was one of the Igbo youth leaders that he hosted at his South West London residence. Does that surprise you?.
Mr Nweke, the chairman of Agbor Town union in the U.K has always been a patron to this Igbo organisation. So for Heaven's sake, SHUT UP.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2012
that the obi of owa was invited to an igbo celebration does not mean he is igbo, we also invite the oba of benin to our celebrations and even yoruba kings , that does not make the oba of benin an ika or owa man , so stop your stupidity , and who wants to have anything with a stained ethnic group like yours and for your information the way we ika people helped the federal troops to expell biafra from our land in 1966 is the same way we will do today if you land hungry people come near ika . is it by force to join igbo ? the obi of owa was one of the key people that sheltered muritala in owa and he helped us to expel your igbo people ,so mind your self and i know propaganda is one of the things the igbos are known for , but do not bring it to our land or else you will suffer defeat like during the civil war
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bright007(f): 2:18am On Jul 24, 2012
@agbontaen:U are true son of d soil.I have been following this thread since last year and I must say,u are true son of d soil.
In d midst of wolves and tigers,u came out single-handedly defeating ur opponents with your on-point facts and unparalleled brilliance in your rich history.
If we had more people like you,no man or group of people can just wake up and claim our culture under the of pretence similar food,language,festivals etc.Even the Edos whose culture is more than 70% like that of d Ika people donot flaunt their mouth publicly like these folks are doing here.
They want u to answer questions posed at u and then when u ask your question,they feign blindness $ dumbness.
You have many people like me who share and believe in the same line of thought as you.
One love!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
this is a picture of the agbogidi of owa obi emmanuel efeizomor the second, with some chiefs

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
the obi of owa kingdom is shown in this picture with his chiefs who are carrying an insignia called eben or eberen in benin and ika language, this is for chiefs or kings that share lineage or affiliation with the benin monarchy and benin people. but no one is denying igbo migration or igbo influence in ika ,but we want to be respected as a people who are of a seperate ethnic group called ika , we dont want igbo appendage or benin appendage we are just ika nation .
we love our culture and tradition and we would defend it to the last.
2. i am from owa kingdom and my family is one of the original founders of owa kingdom and we are fierce warrior, these people tried and failed -
1. in 1906- the british invaded owa kingdom with their cannons, guns and muskets and soldiers owa warriors confronted them and killed captain crewe reade in owanta ,he was the assistant district officer for benin area , and he was beheaded by an owa warrior called tete okunbor osagie,that war lasted for 55 days and the british suffered casualties and they had to call for reinforcement with the soldiers and battallion of west african frontier forces and they defeated and captured our obi , aigbodi igbeoba -ogbihaga( the king with dreadlocks) and exiled him in warri ,where he died and his son obi okundaiye became king of owa .after that the british respected owa and ika people that was why the colonial governor said he was afraid to go to agbor area where the people are war like and hostile.
2. the former obi of agbor around 1900 , obi osaigbobu challenged oba eweka the second of benin to a wrestling match and he refused to put down his eben and ada when eweka came to agbor and it was a tradition for all ika or anioma kings to put down their ada when they see the oba as a sign of the obas seniority.
3. before that time the british made aiguosinvba the son of oba overame to become the district head of agbor and he sat at a higher pedestral than the obi of agbor ,the agbor people revolted and attack him, they nearly killed him and he was injured and later removed.
4. in 1930,when the british said ika and agbor area was part of benin territory our fathers wrote to them and said ika people are not part of any ethnic group in nigeria ,and the british handsoff the issue.
5. in 1966 during the civil war the igbos too lay such claims but trust ika people they quickly helped the federal troops to expel them.
so if all this things have happened i wonder why some people will be pushing an ageda that is already dead before delivery to ika people .finally i will like to say we are ika people and we belong to ika nation and nothing will make us any other tribe except ika , we cannever be igbo nor benin.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
bright007: @agbontaen:U are true son of d soil.I have been following this thread since last year and I must say,u are true son of d soil.
In d midst of wolves and tigers,u came out single-handedly defeating ur opponents with your on-point facts and unparalleled brilliance in your rich history.
If we had more people like you,no man or group of people can just wake up and claim our culture under the of pretence similar food,language,festivals etc.Even the Edos whose culture is more than 70% like that of d Ika people donot flaunt their mouth publicly like these folks are doing here.
They want u to answer questions posed at u and then when u ask your question,they feign blindness $ dumbness.
You have many people like me who share and believe in the same line of thought as you.
One love!
It is not proper for an impotent woman like you to be talking crap here. Other Ikas have also stated that they are Igbo only for you to turn that your other blind eye away to what they wrote. Get a life you daughter of a hawk and allow justice to reign here. Fool.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bright007(f): 7:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
To all deluded Israelis in d house:What exactly do the picture posted by Agbontaen look like?
Anybody who didn't know that it was an Ika gathering would mistake them for Edo.
There is no iota of igboness in their dressing whatsoever.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bright007(f): 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ngodigha:
It is not proper for an impotent woman like you to be talking crap here. Other Ikas have also stated that they are Igbo only for you to turn that your other blind eye away to what they wrote. Get a life you daughter of a hawk and allow justice to reign here. Fool.
oh!this is really pathetic.what does it feel like to be d only GAY ALBINO from imo state?Do u think u can intimidate me;u this mentally-deranged nincompoop.
Go back in history and see where u descended from.
Or don't u know u descended from humans with homo habilis behavioural organisation and thinking faculty?Even when groups like the Yorubas,Hausas,Edos built highly centralised states and government that can be compared with the one built by d slavemasters,ur ancestors where still in d bush reasoning with monkeys and shouting 'amu" 'amu'
Thank God for Bishop Ajayi Crowther who brought out d bushman mentality in ur ancestors and helped built schools and organise ur language.
Now u come here and blab with ur bucal cavity of Ika being igbo.Ika will never be associated with cannibalistic elements who see themselves as å lost tribe of Isreal( if u go to Isreal and claim this,I bet u will not live to give d testimony)
Don't bother replying me cos u don't stand å chance.
Great Ika for life.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
bright007: oh!this is really pathetic.what does it feel like to be d only GAY ALBINO from imo state?Do u think u can intimidate me;u this mentally-deranged nincompoop.
Go back in history and see where u descended from.
Or don't u know u descended from humans with homo habilis behavioural organisation and thinking faculty?Even when groups like the Yorubas,Hausas,Edos built highly centralised states government that can be compared with the one built by d slavemasters,ur ancestors where still in d bush with reasoning with monkeys and shouting 'amu" 'amu'
Thank God for Bishop Ajayi Crowther who brought out d bushman mentality in ur ancestors and helped built schools organise ur language.
Now u come here and blab with ur bucal cavity of Ika being igbo.Ika will never be associated with cannibalistic elements who see themselves as å lost tribe of Isreal( if u go to Isreal and claim this,I bet u will not live to give d testimony)
Don't bother replying me cos u don't stand å chance.
Great Ika for life.
It seems you daughter of a dirty hawk has no business today. Or have you been sacked from your hotel room. Dyck-licker, hurry back to your hotel room as your customers are waiting for some Mouth Action. Stinking ashii.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 8:15am On Jul 25, 2012
bright007: @agbontaen:U are true son of d soil.I have been following this thread since last year and I must say,u are true son of d soil.
One love!

Did you not say you are from lagos in another thread

tanimz question to you
^^ You're welcome.

Are you from PH?

your reply to her

No! From lagos
https://www.nairaland.com/577111/this-knock-off-balance/1#7451231

How did you become Ika all of a sudden?
I don't even know if any of you people remember your past post at all before claiming another ethnicity or group you have zero connection to. Anyway you can go and edit that reply. It might help in the claim claim, just saying.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2012
Ngodigha1:
It seems you daughter of a dirty hawk has no business today. Or have you been sacked from your hotel room. Dyck-licker, hurry back to your hotel room as your customers are waiting for some Mouth Action. Stinking ashii.

I'll say this for the LAST TIME. Nairaland isn't a place to learn about ANY anioma community or any community at that. This is a website where fallacy flies, Ignore people.

Many Anioma's have told you people this on NL. We've mentioned so many times but una no gree. You said you are anioma, then do like the rest of us and other Igbos and ignore them. What happens on NL, no matter what rumor anyone spread on this website, it does not change reality. I don't understand why are constantly trying to force reality to people that wants to spread rumors. Dude let it be, leave them be.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bright007(f): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
One_Naira:

Did you not say you are from lagos in another thread

tanimz question to you

your reply to her

https://www.nairaland.com/577111/this-knock-off-balance/1#7451231

How did you become Ika all of a sudden?
I don't even know if any of you people remember your past post at all before claiming another ethnicity or group you have zero connection to. Anyway you can go and edit that reply. It might help in the claim claim, just saying.
hmmmmmm.......if i currently reside in lagos do not mean that lagos is my place of birth or my parents are lagosians.........COPY THAT
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
bright007: hmmmmmm.......if i currently reside in lagos do not mean that lagos is my place of birth or my parents are lagosians.........COPY THAT

Haha kemi they have caught you.....lol #exposedyansh
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
agbotaen: ,yes there is igbo in ika but ika is not igbo ,because there is also bini in ika ,but ika is not bini,we are ika
this we made known since 1930.

only 1930? you no dey shame? People are tracing their culture, practices, traditions etc to over 1000 years back, you are here talking about something that is less than 80 years.

That is why I refused to be called Anioma. What is Anioma? Anioma has no history (my father is older than Animoa)? Anioma Is just a made up terminlology by that anuofia Osadebay.

Anyway you are right though about igbo in Ika but ika not being igbo, same with bini in Ika but Ika not bini. I dont know why it is hard for my igbo bros across the Niger to understand.

In Ukwuanni area of Delta State especially in Obiaruku there are isoko populations too, so someone cannot come and claim Ndokwa are all igbo descendants.

From your posts it seems that your are the other side of the coin, the non igbo descended one.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
bright007: To all deluded Israelis in d house:What exactly do the picture posted by Agbontaen look like?
Anybody who didn't know that it was an Ika gathering would mistake them for Edo.
It's a pity some people only learn about the Igbo culture here in Nairaland. Since you are still learning, the Igbo culture varies from one place to another. Ndigbo with Edo borders have acquired the cultures of the Edos and vice versa. Ndigbo close to the Ijaw borders have also acquired some Ijaw aspects of life.
How about Arochukwu?. The are close to Ibibioland and at times dress culturally like the Ibibios yet they are not insame to claim that they are not Igbo.
See Odumchi's photo of Aro people.

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
bright007: To all deluded Israelis in d house:What exactly do the picture posted by Agbontaen look like?
So with this pictures, who is the deluded one.
The Obi of Owa is just one of the numerous monarchs of Igboland.

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
igbo boy:

In Ukwuanni area of Delta State especially in Obiaruku there are[b] isoko[/b] populations too, so someone cannot come and claim Ndokwa are all igbo descendants.

From your posts it seems that your are the other side of the coin, the non igbo descended one.

Have you read the history of Isoko and their origins?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
@IGBO BOY.
You are right. Agbontaen may be one of those none Igbo families from Edo state that has moved to IkaIgbo recently to settle. The are just in the minority and can not claim to speak on behalf of the Ika people who are proud Igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
Abagworo:

Have you read the history of Isoko and their origins?

Nope I haven't read about them, cos I haven't finished reading my own (charity begins at home). But please dont tell me that they are related to igbos cos they are not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.