Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (244246 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
is it by force if igbo is not sellable to ika people , igbo is a bad product and for your information ika people believe that those without kingship are babaric and some how low in their self esteem and the igbo you are trying to sell to us falls into that category , how can a royal race relate to a non-royal race ?
and why all these reat and cajole or is it by force for ika to be igbo , but igbo has millions of people why has ika issue become paramount to igbos or are you trying to steal our lands again, please remember what happenned in 1966 , you were thrown out of ika land.
ika people call igbo ,igbon - i guess you know what that means and i am from a royal lineage we use igbon as ese , let me put it properly in owa dialect,
sakpamaghori enyin gi igbon akwese , please look for an ika or owa person to translate that to you .
ika cannever become igbo my oselobue not allow it.
obi osagie of akumazi said ika nation and you are still arguing ,
why you igbo people like propaganda so much .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
agbotaen: is it by force if igbo is not sellable to ika people , igbo is a bad product and for your information ika people believe that those without kingship are babaric and some how low in their self esteem and the igbo you are trying to sell to us falls into that category , how can a royal race relate to a non-royal race ?
and why all these reat and cajole or is it by force for ika to be igbo , but igbo has millions of people why has ika issue become paramount to igbos or are you trying to steal our lands again, please remember what happenned in 1966 , you were thrown out of ika land.
ika people call igbo ,igbon - i guess you know what that means and i am from a royal lineage we use igbon as ese , let me put it properly in owa dialect,
sakpamaghori enyin gi igbon akwese , please look for an ika or owa person to translate that to you .

Abeg,go and sit your ignorant self down. Royal race that originated from Nri. Like i said earlier,you have resorted to insulting ppl since you have been beaten black and blue. Quit making a defeated man tantrums. Royal man ukwu mango !
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 10:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
that , is why your nri kingship was tagged a priesthood and not a proper king like we have in ika , and the kingship in nri ended almost a hundred years ago and it is not even father to son and the kingship in ika did not end and for your information it is a benin type kingship with three level of chiefs called ohaime ogbe-town chiefs, ohaime -ogua- palace chiefs and hereditory chief called ohaime ebon ,and it is not from nri and i bet you are just an igbo propagandist who is just trying to sell an unsellable product called igbo to ika people and am sure you know the titles of ika kings
1. the obi of abavo has a title called ihaifun and he is addressed as obi domo .
2. dein of agbor is addressed as do ooo dein
3. obi of owa has a title called agbogidi iyare ,
all ika kings are also called ogiso ,
or are your igwes or ezes also called ogiso ? and i trust you igbo propagandist that you will say these are igbo words , and even when the obi of akumazi said ika nation ,you igbo propagandist will say i made it up,and am very happy that no ika king and royalty and noble men are involved with any of these igbo propaganda gibrish in ika land , ika is for ika people .
we have our history intact passed from one generation to another and i dont have anything to say to a non royal race who dont have kings or whom the british helped to create igweship or a semblance of kingship , in which the most educated person or the richest person becomes king
ika people just finished their annual ogua and they have resolved to strenghten ika language and culture ,enyin eson kor ebon igbon le agbon ojuwu gi gu gbe akpakali mmakalaka,ndi ika wu ebon ogiso le ohaime, we ara saka marin ihien demedon ebon ika wu.
any attempt at stealing ika lands will meet with the same faith that your brothers meet in 1966 ,and we the ika people will assist in expelling your people to where they belong.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 8:07am On Sep 02, 2012
agbotaen: that , is why your nri kingship was tagged a priesthood and not a proper king like we have in ika , and the kingship in nri ended almost a hundred years ago and it is not even father to son and the kingship in ika did not end and for your information it is a benin type kingship with three level of chiefs called ohaime ogbe-town chiefs, ohaime -ogua- palace chiefs and hereditory chief called ohaime ebon ,and it is not from nri and i bet you are just an igbo propagandist who is just trying to sell an unsellable product called igbo to ika people and am sure you know the titles of ika kings
1. the obi of abavo has a title called ihaifun and he is addressed as obi domo .
2. dein of agbor is addressed as do ooo dein
3. obi of owa has a title called agbogidi iyare ,
all ika kings are also called ogiso ,
or are your igwes or ezes also called ogiso ? and i trust you igbo propagandist that you will say these are igbo words , and even when the obi of akumazi said ika nation ,you igbo propagandist will say i made it up,and am very happy that no ika king and royalty and noble men are involved with any of these igbo propaganda gibrish in ika land , ika is for ika people .
we have our history intact passed from one generation to another and i dont have anything to say to a non royal race who dont have kings or whom the british helped to create igweship or a semblance of kingship , in which the most educated person or the richest person becomes king
ika people just finished their annual ogua and they have resolved to strenghten ika language and culture ,enyin eson kor ebon igbon le agbon ojuwu gi gu gbe akpakali mmakalaka,ndi ika wu ebon ogiso le ohaime, we ara saka marin ihien demedon ebon ika wu.
any attempt at stealing ika lands will meet with the same faith that your brothers meet in 1966 ,and we the ika people will assist in expelling your people to where they belong.

The rants of a drowning man. Ika actually has nothing to offer the greater Igbo like human resources, useful city, coastal area or single drop of oil. Imo is the most educated State and has oil, potential river ports and a beautiful city of Owerri. Anambra has top business tycoons, oil, potential river ports and commercial heavy weight of Onitsha. Enugu has coal, UNN and the lovely Enugu city. Abia has business tycoons, oil and the Enyimba city of Aba. Ebonyi has rice, agriculture, cement, solid minerals and enough undeveloped land. So tell me the reason someone from such a blessed land will want to take your land.

Ika has right to separate identity if they so wish but you cannot take away a glaring fact that they speak Igbo language and have Igbo culture with Benin influence.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2012
@Agbontaen, read the link provided here and see for yourself how your Obi of Owa has been clamouring for his people to be engaged more in Igbo activities. I do not know why you are so stubborn in defeat. Proud Ika men have handed you some assault yet you continue to showcase idiocy here.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NIgerianWorldForum/message/28003

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2012
Two highly placed traditional Rulers in Delta State, the Asagba of Asaba, Professor J.C. Edozien
CFR; JP., and the Obi of Owa in Ika North Local Government, Dr. E.O. Efeizomor II OON; JP., have
stressed the need for Ndigbo, no matter the geopolitical location in which they are based, to be
united in the quest for Ndi-Igbo to again become relevant in Nigeria in particular and the world in
general.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
agbotaen: is it by force if igbo is not sellable to ika people , igbo is a bad product and for your information ika people believe that those without kingship are babaric and some how low in their self esteem and the igbo you are trying to sell to us falls into that category , how can a royal race relate to a non-royal race ?

It is very irrational to think that a system that foists an individual on a community based on radomness of birth family and position is better than the republican system where individuals have rights and the right to choose their leader. Choice supersedes imposition for me. If agbontaen is correct in his assumption that those without kingship are " babaric" (sic) then the U.S. where he purportedly lives is swept into his wrong generalization. Agbontaen has made disparaging remarks about some of his fellow Anioma people in particular and the Igbo in general but I would like to reiterate to him that no one can run away from him/herself.

I am from the Enuani Axis of the Anioma triad. Ika has no more Bini words in their dialect than Enuani. The only difference between Enuani and Ika is accent and nothing else. As for historical links, both Ika and some Enuani have historical links to Ezechima/ikhimi or Khimi as some Ikas call him. Thus all the royal families in Ika/Enuani axis are related and use similar greetings and paraphenelia of office. Our Ukwuani brothers are more like our kith and kins across the Niger-they are republicans mostly.

Even those Anioma towns that have kings do not really have absolute monarchs like say the Oba of. Bini. This could be attested to by the recent events at Abavo where the Obi was challenged by some indigenes and purportedly deposed. The Obi's position was saved by the government of Delta state. Can you imagine a Bini man claiming to depose the Oba of Benin?

Agbontaen needs to be reminded that Owa is not closer to Edo state than say Idumuje Ugboko an Enuani town that shares farmland with Ewohimi in Edo state or Ubulubu another Enuani town that borders Ohordua in Edo state.

The triad of Enuani/Ika/ukwuani have been brothers from time immemorial and it is important that we harness our common bond to reach our common destiny especiallly as it relates to the political destiny in Delta state.

Finally, we as Igbo including the Ika need to emphasize what unites us rather than the minor things that divide us. In unity we can all hold hands and say Igbo kwenu! I am a proud Anioma as well as a proud Igbo. Agbontaen sheath your sword. Enough of your futile attempt to extricate and divide Ika into cocoons.

To the rest of my Igbo brothers, I say we should let Agbontaen be. Don't give him the forum to continue this futile argument. It does not really augur well for both Ndi'igbo and Nd'Ika. I suggest that this thread be closed or abandoned to Agbontaen to continue his rants without any responses. As for me, this is the last time I will comment on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by odumchi: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2012
Osologbue gozie gi.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
omonuan:

It is very irrational to think that a system that foists an individual on a community based on radomness of birth family and position is better than the republican system where individual has rights and the right to choose their leader. Choice supersedes imposition for me. If agbontaen is correct in his assumption that those without kingship are " babaric" (sic) then the U.S. where he purportedly lives is swept into his wrong generalization. Agbontaen has made disparaging remarks about some of his fellow Anioma people in particular and the Igbo in general but I would like to reiterate to him that no one can run away from him/herself.

I am from the Enuani Axis of the Anioma triad. Ika has no more Bini words in their dialect than Enuani. The only difference between Enuani and Ika is accent and nothing else. As for historical links, both Ika and some Enuani have historical links to Ezechima/ikhimi or Khimi as some Ikas call him. Thus all the royal families in Ika/Enuani axis are related and use similar greetings and paraphenelia of office. Our Ukwuani brothers are more like our kith and kins across the Niger-they are republicans mostly.

Even those Anioma towns that have kings do not really have absolute monarchs like say the Oba of. Bini. This could be attested to by the recent events at Abavo where the Obi was challenged by some indigenes and purportedly deposed. The Obi's position was saved by the government of Delta state. Can you imagine a Bini man claiming to depose the Oba of Benin?

Agbontaen needs to be reminded that Owa is not closer to Edo state than say Idumuje Ugboko an Enuani town that shares farmland with Ewohimi in Edo state or Ubulubu another Enuani town that borders Ohordua in Edo state.

The triad of Enuani/Ika/ukwuani have been brothers from time immemorial and it is important that we harness our common bond to reach our common destiny especiallly as it relates to the political destiny in Delta state.

Finally, we as Igbo including the Ika need to emphasize what unites us rather than the minor things that divide us. In unity we can all hold hands and say Igbo kwenu! I am proud Anioma as well as a proud Igbo. Agbontaen sheath your sword. Enough of your futile attempt to extricate and divide Ika into cocoons.

To the rest of my Igbo brothers, I say we should let Agbontaen be. Don't give him the forum to continue this futile argument. It does not really augur well for both Ndi'igbo and Nd'Ika. I suggest that this thread be closed or abandoned to Agbontaen to continue his rants without any responses. As for me this is the last time I will comment on this thread.
+1000
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2012
omonuan:

It is very irrational to think that a system that foists an individual on a community based on radomness of birth family and position is better than the republican system where individual has rights and the right to choose their leader. Choice supersedes imposition for me. If agbontaen is correct in his assumption that those without kingship are " babaric" (sic) then the U.S. where he purportedly lives is swept into his wrong generalization. Agbontaen has made disparaging remarks about some of his fellow Anioma people in particular and the Igbo in general but I would like to reiterate to him that no one can run away from him/herself.

Finally, we as Igbo including the Ika need to emphasize what unites us rather than the minor things that divide us. In unity we can all hold hands and say Igbo kwenu! I am a proud Anioma as well as a proud Igbo. Agbontaen sheath your sword. Enough of your futile attempt to extricate and divide Ika into cocoons.

To the rest of my Igbo brothers, I say we should let Agbontaen be. Don't give him the forum to continue this futile argument. It does not really augur well for both Ndi'igbo and Nd'Ika. I suggest that this thread be closed or abandoned to Agbontaen to continue his rants without any responses. As for me, this is the last time I will comment on this thread.

Finally.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ezotik: 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
omonuan:

As for me, this is the last time I will comment on this thread.

i wouldn't bet on it
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
1. stop your dirty lies the obi of owa is not a member of any igbo organisation and infact if he loved igbo so much why did he help the nigerian troops to expel biafra from ika land ? and why did biafra declare him wanted both dead or alive , so stop this your trash , the king at the fore front of igbo agenda in anioma is the ASAGBA OF ASABA and that is his view ,and he is not ika.
2. delta north is made up of four groups which are ika, ndokwa , aniocha and oshimili . if the ika people choose not to go with igbo what business of yours is it , infact the vast majority of ika rejected igbo , it is a few community in ika like igbodo , ekwuoma that supported biafra during the civil war and that is why they suffered grossly ,and we know why ,it is because they are at the frindge of igbo culture ,and many people in these town must have migrated into ika from igbo land.
3. the highest socio cultural body for ika ethnic group is ogua/onu ika and we have our leader and majority of ikas have said they are ika and not igbo . that is why the majority of ika kings , chiefs , business men of repute belong and theyy believe they are ika , so you igbos can keep on fooling your self on the pages of the news paper or select stories you want to read ,but when the chips are down the majority of ikas will reject igbo .
4. from what some one wrote like osolobue gozie gi , it shows the person is not an ika person ,because an ika will never say that and i know the thing you igbo do most is lies and propaganda that is why every igbo man is claiming to be ika on the net.
5. as for the man who talked about cities like ABA , ENUGU and others, these are european cities and ika kingdoms have had cities or kingdoms for a thousand yeaars or close to that like ominijie in agbor , ofien in owa , igbos never lived in organised cities before the europeans came and all these places you mentioned are developed from european influence.
6. i have said it that most of you igbo propagandist only churn out lies and you people are not from delta state if not you will know the following -
1. ika land has vast oil reserve in abavo and they have started minning oil , it is being done by summit oil .
2. oil in commercial quantity is in ekuku-agbor
3. oil is also in ute-okpu kingdom
4. oil is in owa alidinma -the federal govt is planning a flow station there .
5. in ozanogogo there are large clay deposit .
6. in owa -oyibu -the largest rail way village in south south is situated there and it is also the site for the proposed niger delta inland container port ,which will also link the east of nigeria.
7. ika is a food basket in delta state with vast agriculture .
8. ika people are well educated and we have great people in all fields in nigeria and outside - and we also boast of one of the richest nigerian business man like jim ovia of zenith bank and visa fone, nduka obaigbena the duke of nigerian journalism , nduka irabor a great journalist , the iwerebons of longman and u.b.a bank , steve omojafor the advert guru , joe orewa a world boxing champion, great politicians , soldiers like generals aigbogun, usiade, osaigbovou, osokogu, ugo buzugbe and others
9. general osokogu just lost the daughther cynthia from the hands of two brothers from anambra state , who murdered her via face book , i dont need to say much again .
10. the problem in abavo kingdom started from oil , however the abavo people and the royal family reserve the rights to state who their obi is but both party are from the jegbefume royal family , so it is still a royal affair , it is not that one of them is a non royal , so they will sort it out or is it like in igbo land where every known fraudstar who made money in lagos and else where have become igwe like the late notorious fraudstar called nebolisa. and others .
11. the dream of taking ika cannever work as we are more vigilant .the ogua ika just ended their meetings in agbor this year , and the resolve for ika nation is greater.
12. ika is our language and it is not igbo , it contains igbo and edo and it is a seperate language.
13.as for the aniocha man , ika did not start with eze chima , it is only some aniocha communities we have existed in ika long before eze chima , yes some agbor people believe he was from agbor while others say bini and others say he was from imo like some igbos say . ika is not ezechima clan ,we predate it , we know our founders.
14. let the igbos learn to be civilised and more humane in their approach to issues the itsekiri are both influenced by yoruba and bini ,but the yorubas are not shouting that itsekiri are yoruba , and neither are the bini shouting that too .so why this cry about ika and all the lies and propaganda , infact most ika parents will not give the hands of their daughthers to an igbo man ,unless under pressure.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2012
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NIgerianWorldForum/message/28003
@Agbontaen, read the above link again before commenting. Your Obi, the Obi of Owa is a proud Igboman and supports anything Igbo. He wrote a book which he talked about Owa's Igbo ancestry. He repeated it in the same link above. If the Obi did not support Biafra does not mean he isn't Igbo. Minus this monarch, there were other notable Igbo people who did not support Biafra. You Biafran logic here is baseless in this arguement. Just accept defeat that you have lost it. An Ika man has thrashed you in this thread and what else do you want.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 12:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
@uweh..Which ika man trashed him... All you and ur igbo(n) cohorts do is to counter all the facts my dear brave nwaebon(agbontean) presents here,.Dats silly..Abagworo... I dnt knw where you got yours lies that ika has no oil... My village umunede is a testimony to that lies...My grandpa's farmland til date is cordoned because oil was discovered there..Talking about palm oil..Ika is one of the highest producers of it.Its calld ofigbo.And nt nmanu nri...What about garri,pineapple and even water melon,..Just stop talking nonsense you do not know...Imagine u braging about dirty and delapidated aba city.... Mkpa magbu nnei le nedii.....Ptschw.... Am proudly ika...U can take it from@all all igbo(n) territory grabbers....Peace out...Well done agbontean....
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2012
sonya4all: @uweh..Which ika man trashed him... All you and ur igbo(n) cohorts do is to counter all the facts my dear brave nwaebon(agbontean) presents here,.Dats silly..Abagworo... I dnt knw where you got yours lies that ika has no oil... My village umunede is a testimony to that lies...My grandpa's farmland til date is cordoned because oil was discovered there..Talking about palm oil..Ika is one of the highest producers of it.Its calld ofigbo.And nt nmanu nri...What about garri,pineapple and even water melon,..Just stop talking nonsense you do not know...Imagine u braging about dirty and delapidated aba city.... Mkpa magbu nnei le nedii.....Ptschw.... Am proudly ika...U can take it from@all all igbo(n) territory grabbers....Peace out...Well done agbontean....
So, you're even from Umunede. That's where my friend comes from and she's a proud Igbo.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2012
Yea your friend that stay at maybe new road ,that migrated from onitsha in 1999.Why wont she be igbo...
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2012
sonya4all: Yea your friend that stay at maybe new road ,that migrated from onitsha in 1999.Why wont she be igbo...
She's a proud Umunede person and also a proud Igbo. I've also met some Umunede people that disclaim Igbo just like yourself. So, it's a two way street. let's learn to speak for ourselves and not a whole congregation of inaudible people.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
@afam..You are the originator of this thread.With a question what does it even mean..And its surprising that you have not till this moment of the topic reaching 58 pages yet known or understood what it means..Are you such a dunce? Even after all the history lessons you have taken here...You are just pathetic...Get a life you igbon...It means that IKA IS NOT IGBO AND CAN NEVER BE.....Now close the thread...Ewu igbo..
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
sonya4all: @afam..You are the originator of this thread.With a question what does it even mean..And its surprising that you have not till this moment of the topic reaching 58 pages yet known or understood what it means..Are you such a dunce? Even after all the history lessons you have taken here...You are just pathetic...Get a life you igbon...It means that IKA IS NOT IGBO AND CAN NEVER BE.....Now close the thread...Ewu igbo..
This thread is about DElta-Igbo(Anioma) and not just Ika. Do you mind telling me why they call you guys "Delta Igbo"?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2012
Afam,whoever calls it delta igbo does that as a result of ignorance on the existence of unique tribes like IKA..And that word delta igbo was coined by igbos in their bid to igbotalize(new word) any thing they have access to... I was going through this thread from the first page and if u afam is being honest enough you wil agree that almost all u need to know about your question has been treated....I said this before and am saying it again..The only igbo guy i respect here is chinenyen..Because he doesnt follow the crowd of deluded people like your keens especially that one that keeps telling people how many posts they have contributed to since they joined nairaland..He knows himself...Though i do have some difrences with chi.,but i like his way..And i pray u follow suit....Thank you..Sorry for my verbal abuse.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
sonya4all: Afam,whoever calls it delta igbo does that as a result of ignorance on the existence of unique tribes like IKA..And that word delta igbo was coined by igbos in their bid to igbotalize(new word) any thing they have access to... I was going through this thread from the first page and if u afam is being honest enough you wil agree that almost all u need to know about your question has been treated....I said this before and am saying it again..The only igbo guy i respect here is chinenyen..Because he doesnt follow the crowd of deluded people like your keens especially that one that keeps telling people how many posts they have contributed to since they joined nairaland..He knows himself...Though i do have some difrences with chi.,but i like his way..And i pray u follow suit....Thank you..Sorry for my verbal abuse.
When i was creating this thread, i didn't even have Ika in mind. I was referring to places like Asaba, Ogwashukwu, Ubulukwu, Ibusa and other places that don't deny being Igbo. I was just wondering why they call themselves "Delta-Igbo" and not just "Igbo" like everyone else. This thread is really not about those that are Igbo and those that are not.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
sonya4all: @uweh..Which ika man trashed him... All you and ur igbo(n) cohorts do is to counter all the facts my dear brave nwaebon(agbontean) presents here,.Dats silly..Abagworo... I dnt knw where you got yours lies that ika has no oil... My village umunede is a testimony to that lies...My grandpa's farmland til date is cordoned because oil was discovered there..Talking about palm oil..Ika is one of the highest producers of it.Its calld ofigbo.And nt nmanu nri...What about garri,pineapple and even water melon,..Just stop talking nonsense you do not know...Imagine u braging about dirty and delapidated aba city.... Mkpa magbu nnei le nedii.....Ptschw.... Am proudly ika...U can take it from@all all igbo(n) territory grabbers....Peace out...Well done agbontean....

Are you aware that ofigbo is used for palm oil in far Eastern Igboland? If you observe, I call someone what he calls himself. If you say you are not Igbo, I will call you what you call yourself but I hate lies. An example of the lies that make me tackle Omojie is that Ika speaks a language more related to Edo than Igbo. Those are plain lies that need not be used as evidence where it is quite glaring. Ika language is Igbo but Ika people can be what they like. It is like saying Nigerian English language is a mix of English, Yoruba, Hausa etc because we use shebi, kwa, kai. Ika has nothing compared with any clan in Southeastern Igbo and is mainly a rural and backward area. Agbor is a village and Agbotaen said its the largest town in Ikaland. Agbor is not hidden as anyone traveling to Lagos will pass it. So you guys should stop generalizing, insulting or lying to feel cool because Ika dey for road.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha1(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2012
sonya4all: Afam,whoever calls it delta igbo does that as a result of ignorance on the existence of unique tribes like IKA..And that word delta igbo was coined by igbos in their bid to igbotalize(new word) any thing they have access to... I was going through this thread from the first page and if u afam is being honest enough you wil agree that almost all u need to know about your question has been treated....I said this before and am saying it again..The only igbo guy i respect here is chinenyen..Because he doesnt follow the crowd of deluded people like your keens especially that one that keeps telling people how many posts they have contributed to since they joined nairaland..He knows himself...Though i do have some difrences with chi.,but i like his way..And i pray u follow suit....Thank you..Sorry for my verbal abuse.
Shameless pig, surely you are from one of those families that moved over to Ikaland from Benin. Notable Umunede people always identify withe Igbos. How about this famous musician call Wiz-boy. He is from Umunede and a very proud Igbo. It is always jobless freaks and nonentities like you that disclaim Igbo. Go back to where your grandparents came from and leave Igboland alone, First class pig.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by cantell(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2012
Nawa for all the Igbo people in this thread.
Why would you force someone to be what they're not?
Igbos discriminate a lot and even if these people accept to be Igbos, the general Igbo population is likely to see them as half-Igbos.
These people choose to be who they are, not just because of discrimination from other ethnic groups, but also discrimination from the people they speak the same language with(Igbos).
They have made it clear they are not Igbos, so why force them?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2012
Igbotic swine....Where and how did wizboy say he is proudly igbo...So simply because he sang in igbo language which is as a result of him residing at enugu now makes him igbo...And am sure you will call me proud igbo because i stay at owerri,how pathetic....Tell me u didnt hear the ika lyrics he used in his music..He even use umunede repeatedly in that song..(owusagi thats the title of the song) so stop claiming nonsense....Its just the normal igbo way to claim any good thing... Non of you have claimed relationship with those two anambra brothers that killed cynthia osokogu,on facebook....@abags, its not your fault...No wonder you have stupendous ignorance of the ika nation...You feel umunede and agbor makes up ika nation...Wake up.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha1(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2012
sonya4all: Igbotic swine....Where and how did wizboy say he is proudly igbo...So simply because he sang in igbo language which is as a result of him residing at enugu now makes him igbo...And am sure you will call me proud igbo because i stay at owerri,how pathetic....Tell me u didnt hear the ika lyrics he used in his music..He even use umunede repeatedly in that song..(owusagi thats the title of the song) so stop claiming nonsense....Its just the normal igbo way to claim any good thing... Non of you have claimed relationship with those two anambra brothers that killed cynthia osokogu,on facebook....@abags, its not your fault...No wonder you have stupendous ignorance of the ika nation...You feel umunede and agbor makes up ika nation...Wake up.
Castrated BABOON, no Igbo has denied that those who killed Cynthia are not Igbos. The Igbo are not happy with the killing and are not happy with any sort of killings. Even in Igbo culture those who commit suicide are not treated with respect in death. There is no Igbo who is happy with any death probably, some will be happy with your own obituary (just only you fool). You may call your silly self anything you like mr umunede, mr Ika, mr bini, mr Yoruba etc, your message is clear, leave the Igbo alone in Ikaland. Have you attempted parking out of Ikaland and any Igbo refused to assist you.
No Igbo needs a jobless freak like you, get it right, brain-dead baboon.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha1(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2012
cantell: Nawa for all the Igbo people in this thread.
Why would you force someone to be what they're not?
Igbos discriminate a lot and even if these people accept to be Igbos, the general Igbo population is likely to see them as half-Igbos.
These people choose to be who they are, not just because of discrimination from other ethnic groups, but also discrimination from the people they speak the same language with(Igbos).
They have made it clear they are not Igbos, so why force them?
Shut up your smelly mouth, fool. Do no comment on what you do not know. No Igbo discriminates against one another but those who are confused about their Igbo identity attracts all sort of names. Either you are Igbo or not Igbo. I hope that settles in your tiny skull, idiott.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by cantell(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ngodigha1:
Shut up your smelly mouth, fool. Do no comment on what you do not know. No Igbo discriminates against one another but those who are confused about their Igbo identity attracts all sort of names. Either you are Igbo or not Igbo. I hope that settles in your tiny skull, idiott.
What exactly is your problem? You sound frustrated.
Get a life!
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Ngodigha1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2012
cantell:
What exactly is your problem? You sound frustrated.
Get a life!
Farting fool, you are the frustrated one here and really needs to get a life. How does a non Igbo like you feel you will do betther than the Igbo in this sort of trade.
Scram from this thread, idiott.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 2:43am On Sep 08, 2012
na wa for this ika people for here,...ara bawa unu ebe unu di.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2012
Snh. I'll say this again. If una have the confirmation of the obi of the community in question, you've meet ppl from that community that inform you they are igbo, etc. Why is it una are more focused on those that telling you they aren't igbo. If they choose not to be, fine let them.

For Godsake, they are doing this for the attention. Most deniers do, hence naturally they are ignored most times. i don't get why SE igbo do not. A person that do not see himself as a delta Igbo, would not necessary come to a thread dedicated to delta igbo to derail it and focus on their group. How many times do ppl need to tell you ppl this. Let them choose their path, let them narrate any story on the internet. It will not change reality.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2012
sonya4all: Igbotic swine....Where and how did wizboy say he is proudly igbo...So simply because he sang in igbo language which is as a result of him residing at enugu now makes him igbo...And am sure you will call me proud igbo because i stay at owerri,how pathetic....Tell me u didnt hear the ika lyrics he used in his music..He even use umunede repeatedly in that song..(owusagi thats the title of the song) so stop claiming nonsense....Its just the normal igbo way to claim any good thing... Non of you have claimed relationship with those two anambra brothers that killed cynthia osokogu,on facebook....@abags, its not your fault...No wonder you have stupendous ignorance of the ika nation...You feel umunede and agbor makes up ika nation...Wake up.

Lady or dude, don't spread false rumor about someone just because he or she shares the same town or community with you. I have actually been to a concert where wizboy performed and I did have the pleasure of having a conversation with the man. He's one of those that are proud to call themselves Igbo. At least meet the guy first before deciding to speak for him. As someone that knows how irritating it is to have some anonymous person speak for you on the internet, especially if its a false rumor that would turn many against you, thus lady or dude don't speak for others. Speak for yourself and voice your choice. Your choice does not translate as another person's choice. He shares the same town with you does not mean he shares the same opinion with you. Meet the dude first before speaking on his behalf. Just saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / The Yoruba Oriki For Twin & Its Translation - Dedicated To Twins Worldwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.