Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (244268 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2012
the population showing ika area in delta as 250,000 people is outdated from the census projections , ika area has about 500,000 people now , not to alk about the number of ikas in edo state .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
HOw Ika take reach 500,000K? The whole Delta North be about 1 milla. No way ika land go big pass oshimili for population.

So if only ika is 500K? then the rest delta North will be sharing 500K? Agbaoten biko mechie onu gi there....

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by orufe: 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2012
igbo boy: HOw Ika take reach 500,000K? The whole Delta North be about 1 milla. No way ika land go big pass oshimili for population.

So if only ika is 500K? then the rest delta North will be sharing 500K? Agbaoten biko mechie onu gi there....
you are correct Igbo boy.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 6:33am On Oct 23, 2012
@agbontean..Pls whats ika word for window....
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
1. you are not from delta state so try and get your facts right , delta has over 4 million people as projected by the population , and the last projection for ika area is about 500,000 people or over 450,000 thousand people ,ika has two local government in delta state and there are also many ika towns in edo state.bojiboji agbor and bojiboji owa are some of the largest towns in delta north , that is if you remove ASABA WHICH IS THE capital of delta state.
and ika is covering a large land mass, according to delta state ,ika consitutes about 5 percent of delta population.
and the major towns in delta state includes warri, sapele,ovwie,obiaruku, bojiboji metropolis,ogwashiuku, iseleuku,asaba .these are some of the most important areas of delta state, .the population saying ika is 250,0000 people is the old 1991 census figures , and there is right now a new projection. the total number of registered voters in delta north for the last election was 700,000 thousand plus , so that might give you an idea of the total population of the area , although no nigerian census is accurate , but most figures are projections.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
1. i will try and get you the word for window ,but the word for kitchen is ukelu, outside is isere, room is imughe,parlour is ibere,
2. grinding stone is olor, bottle is ogorh, basket is ukpali, chain is egan, kettle is agere, cat is ologbo,
3. war leader is olotu, young female is igbagba, trouble is ukpokpo, evil thing is uloro, devil is ojuwu,
evil spirit is ighoghai, palace is ogua, foundation is iyetor, support is adansun, late- ikpomor,
4. proud is ghoron, buy is non, boast is aduga, light -ukpe or orukpe, water is minin, shirt is ewuru,
5. jail is egan, glutton is okpomowo, greedy is usian, lazy is lanzunzun, thank is kpanmin, joy is oyor,
6. happinness is ighogho, victory is ozegbe, light is ifonron, moon is ifon, month is also ifon,
7. giant is aduaran, bycycle is ikeke, door is ekwue, road is uwaya or iko,.,path or bush path is ozue,
person is ihian, old man edionma/diokpa, old woman -nene or odede., those that hold the kings cutlass are omuada,
simitar- eberen, cutlass- opia/asara, chair- agah/agarah, stove -mgba, wife -mgba, street -ogbara-ogbe,
8. stand - wuzo, gogo- to walk about, big- hiogbe , police- ulakpa, uniform- izagin, car-ozadun,bullet- igele/efuru
9. needle- oloden, plate- okpan/efere, knife- ebeke, palmoil-ofungbon, slave-igbon, servant-odibo, deaf -odin,
10. hunch back- ologumaza, short person- kpekiri, tall person- gboror/mgbaran, lake -odighiri, valley -iyere,
11. stool -ekete, throne- ukpo, longlife- tor or utormi, progress -ohai, bachelor - ohai, spinster-idegbe, female goat- odegbe, male goat- ewu, ram is ilolo, stupid- ozuor/obolo, destiny- oriehi, land of the dead -orimi, river niger or big river is ohinmin,
12. forest is egboko, burial ground is ikpekpe, refuse dump is ikonfin, key is isafin or isahan, bolt is olaye, hold is kwondon, punch is ikpa, poison is edide, let go is bihia, trap is oga,ant is idon or tutu, money is egho, beans is isawe, rice is ekwanasaka or osikapa, tiger is ubidon, lion is eduke/udumen, leopard is eworo,
13. mountain/hill is oke, bench is agbara, cup is mkpu or ogban, suffering is uya, love is iboor, hate is arighor,
14. sign is ahima, family is ugbe or ebon or iboze or agbon, laugh is emun, discursion is inyeren, wives is inyemen,
,i will write more later
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
agbotaen: parlour is ibere,

This word for parlor, is it shared by other Delta Igbos or is it exclusive to Ika?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2012
Nwaebon ye meye ke......Pls i need the word for window,its a prize winning question....Alua.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
agbotaen: 1. you are not from delta state so try and get your facts right , delta has over 4 million people as projected by the population , and the last projection for ika area is about 500,000 people or over 450,000 thousand people ,ika has two local government in delta state and there are also many ika towns in edo state.bojiboji agbor and bojiboji owa are some of the largest towns in delta north , that is if you remove ASABA WHICH IS THE capital of delta state.
and ika is covering a large land mass, according to delta state ,ika consitutes about 5 percent of delta population.
and the major towns in delta state includes warri, sapele,ovwie,obiaruku, bojiboji metropolis,ogwashiuku, iseleuku,asaba .these are some of the most important areas of delta state, .the population saying ika is 250,0000 people is the old 1991 census figures , and there is right now a new projection. the total number of registered voters in delta north for the last election was 700,000 thousand plus , so that might give you an idea of the total population of the area , although no nigerian census is accurate , but most figures are projections.

so who is from delta state?

Idiot as far as I am concern you are from Edo state so biko mechie onu gi...In the scheme of things in Delta North, When an Oshimili man is talking, an ika man keeps quiet and only talks when he is given permission to...onye ara

Wait o are you schooling me about delta state? You must be mad. I am born and raised in warri and a native of Oshimili so you should go and tell your non sensical statistics to some fulani man...eddiot

Asaba which is part of oshimili by the way is 10times bigger than ika so sharap...

4 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2012
@agbotaen, I've searched over and over to verify those Bini words which you claim Ikas use but I seem to get something different. I hope you are not being mischievous in order to alienate yourself from yourself. Look at this excerpt from official Ika website.

http://www.ikaworld.com/index.php?cmd=/public/user/blogs/name_ikanewspring/

In today's world there is more to a name than what we see or imagine. Great emphesy is placed on name, giving credense to the fact that the name of a person, town or nation is a reflection of, to some extent what that person, town or nation represent.

Let us now examine the importance of Native Name. Perhaps, it is pertinent also to note but with disappointment that most of our Ika Parents the world over continue to name or choose non-Ika/English Names for their Children. This is not only unreasonable but a misstep with adverse consequence on Ika cultural heritage. There is no acceptable reason why an Ika person or community would choose to be called by English name over that of his/her Ika native name. Our Ika traditional names bring us and our children goodluck and good sense of belonging any where in the world. We don't have to give ourselves or our children the impression that English or other tribe names are superior to our Ika native names. If we do, our Children would run the risk of defective cultural orientation/identity problem, particularly those who don't understand or speak Ika native language.

Let us now  take a closer look at the idealogy behind some of our Ika native names. We shall get to know their English interpretation and meanings later. Afamefune, Ikakanma, Rapuluchukwu, Konyegwachie, Okwudonye, Kidochukwu, Ifeomagwuwa, Ngozichukwuka, Nkemdilim, Osogom, Chianugo-Ekpele, Ogochukwu, Nduka-Ego, Adimabua, Babazim, Chukwukaweh, Odinbu, Odibe-onyeonye, Onyekanna, Nnadozie, Eluemuno, Ikechukwu, Chukwujindu, Chukwuemeke, Njikoka, Bebaba, Onyenwezulu, Onyelome, Oguguamakwa, Loteogo, Nwanneka, Udodi, Ndudi, Udoka and others. 

In conclusion, I hereby respectfully call on all Ika Parents all over the World to impact their Children's life with good Ika Native names, thereby positioning them with the capability to effectively take over from us, those valued and most cherished gift of nature which our fore fathers handed over to us, particularlly our "Native names and Native Language.

Our tomorrow as Ika people of Delta State, Nigeria cannot not be negotiable or compromised in the interest of our Children and the generation yet unborn.

Ni Ika Linma! Yaka Anyi Cho!

Etumuse is the Author of "Igbodo History"
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2012
1. i dont care about your oshimili stupid igboness , i am ika and that is all i want to know , and ika has dialectic differences in language ,but i will clasify three , ika spoken by agbor ,owa and others as western ika , then there is central and eastern as spoken by communities near the eastern ika area like igbodo,ekwuoma and others , and i am an owa man from owa kingdom, i am from idumuezomor royal village of owa and i am from omigie/agbotaen family ,decsendants of obi igbedigin no gidigan who ruled owa as the second obi of owa.so i rest my case as for who i am .
2. as for ika people who allow igbo to dominate their mids that is their business , but i will defend true ikaship as a bonafide ika man .born of owa royal lineage, as for the names most of the names the man called ika names are just igbo names,yes ika people bear igbo names ,but we also bear edo names,but we still have real ika names.too.
3. the word for window is uroroh, in ika language ,delta north does not have one language , but many and many dialects too , even ika have many dialects .
4. these are some real ika names
1. ehiabor - gods blessing , instead of ngozichukwu.
2. ehioma- god is good and not chioma
3. ighogho is happiness and not anwili as they use in igbo
4. omodon- evil is over
5. oyo- joy
6. omiken- mercy and not ebele
7. ehiyemofe- god gave me free
8. osesiaeri- god is my witness
9. ikpanmiose- god i thank you and not kelechukwu as used in igbo
10. agbobu- we do not kill a native doctor
11. ighoghose- gods happiness.
12. erunmuh- gold
and many more ,
5. apart from ASABA IN Oshimili , which of your towns is bigger than bojiboji ? the answer is none and ASABA was smaller before compare to agbor , but because it was made a state capital ,that is why you see the developement and population.
6. you are just an ignorant person , ika people are not fighting to say they are igbos yet we have made it big in delta politics, the highest political office holder in delta north and one of the most influencial politician in delta state is senator author okowa and he is from owa kingdom,
jim ovia is from agbor and he is one of nigerias richest business man, omojajor is from agbor and he is one of the biggest advert guru in nigeria, senator okowa was former secretary to delta govt. sam obi from ute was former speaker and later acting governor of delta state, okunbor from ute is the chief of staff to delta governor , while agbele from ute is accountant general for delta state, general buzugbe is secretary of nigeria army ,he is from owa , obaigbena is a key player in nigeria media and he is from owa, ebonka was former deputy governor of delta and he is from owa , okoh is special adviser to deputy senate president , and okonofua from abavo is managing director nigeria gas company ,and many more ,and we still have commissioner for industry kingsley emu from owa and queen victoria from ozanogogo agbor as commissioner for millinium development ,so what do you want from ika people , i am not sure you are form delta state as if you are , you will know that ika people are major players in delta politics.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2012
1. apart from being the capital of delta ,asaba has a small landmass as you can see they are blocked by the river niger and most places they developed and called asaba is partly okpanam and other areas ,but asaba is one of the fastest growing capital and mr igbo man , are you from asaba ? you seems to be an igbo man from accross the niger who is bent on claiming delta north as his area and you do not even know whats up , are you aware that one of the hands that brought uduaghan back as governor was ifeanyi okowa the senator from owa kingdom? an ika man and because of the role of ika people ,you can see the powerful positions our people are holding.
2. the intersting thing on this net is that igbo people want to tell me an ika man which name to bear , what language to speak and what titles to bear is that not funny ?
3. fame or famous in ika is usi, afternoon is ogogode or efunai, night is uhin, day is uhoin, disgrace is ifa, dirty is etita,fellow is ye,assault is kinmin, abomination is igbeiku,or agwa, and not aru as many ika people will say ,this is a borrowed word.orutu is enjoyment,uhi is decree or law and not iwu as the igbos say.kokome is to gather, obobo-flower,uloro-calamity,oghele-immoral,okpe-palmwine tapper, owe-farmer, ohue-hunter, ogbeni-hunter,idoboro- bad thing,asara- smart,stomack -okuru, bone- eburu,ihihon- confession,dedede-huge or big,dedeh- to embrace, orogodo-circular,ofefe-white,ododo-red,danmin-taste,ukwere ask after.dimi- silent, rere-trick.
4. the ika language committe was set up to save ika language and to restore it, what we have observed is that majority of ika people borrow words from other neighbours language and replace original ika words and so they have decided to say ika people do not replace an ika word that already exists in our language , the ika word for neighbour is edogbo and visitor is otumunyen.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2012
igbos are masters of selecting words or articles that support their view ,but they dont like to listen to another view , if you question my ancestory ,please go to owa oyibu and ask as i have given my full names and family names including my village name, but many of you here are not proud of telling us where you are from , please tell us your family and village name .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2012
agbotaen: igbos are masters of selecting words or articles that support their view ,but they dont like to listen to another view , if you question my ancestory ,please go to owa oyibu and ask as i have given my full names and family names including my village name, but many of you here are not proud of telling us where you are from , please tell us your family and village name .
You also select words and articles that support your view and you won't listen to other views. Can't you see that you're guilty of the same thing you accuse others of?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
agbotaen: igbos are masters of selecting words or articles that support their view ,but they dont like to listen to another view , if you question my ancestory ,please go to owa oyibu and ask as i have given my full names and family names including my village name, but many of you here are not proud of telling us where you are from , please tell us your family and village name .

If the articles are written by an Ika man, I don't see anything wrong with selecting it. You are leaning so much to Benin and in the process deviating from your true self. ikaworld.com is the official Ika website and is more authoritative as a representation of Ika than the falsehood you ("Agbotaen" Omojie) is feeding nairalanders.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 1:55am On Oct 25, 2012
daft ika boy is it by land mass dem dey know who get big population?

Lagos is the smallest state yet has the highest population. Canada is the 3rd largest country landmass wise but its population na nothing...

Ika towns are glorified villages so mechie onu gi there.....

Make we see who go get the next governor of Delta State, Tufiakwa Ika man can never be....
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 3:08am On Oct 25, 2012
agbotaen: 1. apart from being the capital of delta ,asaba has a small landmass as you can see they are blocked by the river niger and most places they developed and called asaba is partly okpanam and other areas ,but asaba is one of the fastest growing capital and mr igbo man , are you from asaba ?

Mr. ika i can tolerate your ignorance, i can tolerate you destroying each thread meant for delta Igbo with your ika business, i don't mind you going around shouting on top of lung but keep asaba out of your bs. Do you hear me? See guy. How someone like you can compare asaba to ika baffles me. Mscheww. I don't blame you, i blame the Igbo people on NL for continue paying you mind. Nkita ara

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 8:00am On Oct 25, 2012
Its really amazing,now the igbo guys now refer to agbontean as ika man and no longer igbo man.Lol.. Thats what we want we dont care about the E.-curses ,just respect our choice of freedom and identity.,@nwaebon, you are realy doing great with the ika words,thanks for the ika word for window(uroroh),it got me a prize... Do not think you are alone in your dogged stance on your identity... god bless you..Ni ika ri nma...
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2012
1. i dont want to engage in a fight with ignorant igbo propagandists, it seems you people are deaf or blind or cant you read and write ,i have said many times that ika has both edo and igbo influence ,but that the core or original founders of ika were edo or binis ,and that the igbos came later.but the reality is that ika is not bini origbo ,but we are simply ika nation or ethnic group,and i know that is what you igbo guys dont want to hear ,but sorry oo, that is who we are.
2. ASABA, is now capital of delta and the population is big, but you igbo people must be ignorant of delta state , as bojiboji is the biggest and most developed town in delta north apart from ASABA, as that is where you even have thousands of igbo people doing their buying and selling business.
3. please mr oshimili tell me a kingdom in delta north in ancient times that is larger or bigger than agbor kingdom? is it iseleuku or ogwashi or ubuluku? and which royalty in delta north or the whole of delta state and even old midwest is a famous like the dein of agbor ? apart from the oba of benin, olu of warri,and obi of abor?
4. let me supply you the answer , the three top respected monarchs in old midwest were 1. oba of benin 2.olu of warri and 3. dein or obi of agbor .
the old agbor kingdom spread from many towns in present edo state to many towns in delta north area, including igbudu akan, obior and others.
5.you are just jealus and ignorant of ika people and our achievements-
1. acting gov.delta state prince sam obi - ika
2. former secretary to delta state- author okowa- ika
3. former deputy gov- ebonka- ika
4. present chief of staff, delta gov.- okunbor - ika
5. present senator representing delta north including ika, ndokwa, oshimili and aniocha, okowa- ika
6.kingsley emu-commissioner for commerce and industry ika
7. queen victoria-commissioner for millinium development - ika
8. major general ugo buzugbe -secretary nigeria army -ika
9. nicholas okoh- the primate of all nigeria church anglica -ika
10. jim ovia - ika
11. nduka obaigbena- ika.
12, omojafor steve - ika
13. chief mrs pat.ejeteh- supeb chairman -ika
14. mr agbele -accountant general delta state -ika.
ika perople have been acting governor and deputy governor , and by the grace of oselobue we shall be full governor of delta very soon.
15. martins okonta - speaker
16. sam obi -speaker
i am proud of being an ika man , and prior to this in western nigeria we had edward anuku as minister , we also had osuhon as minister in midwest and ivie jegbefume as minister too .
we are well foccussed and we will keep our identity , we will not fall to this trash called igbo identity as we have our ika identity , and our highest socio-political organisation onu /ogua ika is there to protect it.as the majority of ika people believe in ika ethnicity.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 11:03am On Oct 25, 2012
IKA LINKS WITH ESAN IN EDO STATE
1. ACCORDING to owa, idumuesah and ika history , some of the founders of owa-oyibu were ishan people and the core founder of idumuesah was ibili from ugboha in esan. as we have edo and esan people migrating into agbor and ika kingdoms , we also have ika people going into esan and edo area to found towns and villages .i will take one of this the town is called ugboha,in esan east.
2. ugboha is made up of 9 villages and one of the largest village there is called idumu-agbor ,this area came into being as a result of an ancient war in which the ugboha people had to call for assistance from agbor and ika people and they sent warriors fromn agbor and they assisted them in fighting and winning the war , so in appreciation they gave them land in ugboha and called it idumu agbor , and up till today the people there believe they migrated from agbor and they still have cordial relationship with agbor and ika people .
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2012
BASIC QUESTIONING TECHNIQUES IN IKA LANGUAGE ,
1. KIRO- WHAT IS IT ?
2. KIHAIN ? what is it or what is wrong ?
3. ki re me i? what is wrong with you .
4. i yu ro- is it you
5. elem me - i am not the one
6. elem men men -i am not the one that did it .
7. nani ? how are you
8. nani iri ? how are you .
9. i re hun re me i ? are you feeling sick
10. laghani- look
11. i hun a laghani a ? are you seeing it .
12. elehun- which one ?
13. egbata - in between
14. ra? is it
15. elebe ? where
16. n nedi i ? where is your father
17. dino- sit
18. wuzo- stand
19. ki bi ri m ? what is my concern
20.za uta ni ? answer this question,
21. ju uta ? ask questions
22. hi ni m ? call me this
23. ahi zi ile? do not call
24. ori a hi a ? he/she is calling
25. i wu okunmu u ? are you a sickler ?
26. okoh le john- okoh and john
27. i ra gba ifie ? are you setting his injured bone ?
28. n men ro, ra , elem men? is it me or not me .
29. ya lako r ? are you not going ?
30. ilala alala ? are you still coming
31. gbegbegbe i ? wait for long
32. nkeshi ro ? is it true
33. elen nkeshi - it is not true
34. egilegbeshi ? is it true
35. ketiketi ? is it real
36. o ri a rere i ? he is tricking you .
37. erekereke ro ? is he tricking you .
38. ye bie ni ? you did not stay long
39. ye bie ke - you stayed too long

i have delineated some qestions in ika language , i will do more later , but i trust some people , they will soon start teaching us how to speak ika and how not to speak it and they are not ika people. ika is a nassal language and we speak with the nose and we add n to lots of words like ekwan for egg ,instead of the standard ekwa
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
sonya4all: Do not think you are alone in your dogged stance on your identity... god bless you..Ni ika ri nma...

Most of these things you people write as Ika is 80% similar to Owerri. I asked Agbotaen earlier if other Delta Igbos use Ibere for "palour" because Owerri people use "ibari" for that. I have a deep feeling Ika and Owerri are connected.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
@abag, ika has difrnt dialeats as well as igbo does... Palour in my area is obunuh,while perhaps agbontean's place is ibere....
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
agbotaen: 1. i dont want to engage in a fight with ignorant igbo propagandists, it seems you people are deaf or blind or cant you read and write ,i have said many times that ika has both edo and igbo influence ,but that the core or original founders of ika were edo or binis ,and that the igbos came later.but the reality is that ika is not bini origbo ,but we are simply ika nation or ethnic group,and i know that is what you igbo guys dont want to hear ,but sorry oo, that is who we are.
2. ASABA, is now capital of delta and the population is big, but you igbo people must be ignorant of delta state , as bojiboji is the biggest and most developed town in delta north apart from ASABA, as that is where you even have thousands of igbo people doing their buying and selling business.
3. please mr oshimili tell me a kingdom in delta north in ancient times that is larger or bigger than agbor kingdom? is it iseleuku or ogwashi or ubuluku? and which royalty in delta north or the whole of delta state and even old midwest is a famous like the dein of agbor ? apart from the oba of benin, olu of warri,and obi of abor?

ROFLMFAO. How a man can open his mouth and describe bojiboji as developed and even had the audacity to put in par to asaba is an insult to people of Asaba and delta state. Tell you self-delusional stories to non-deltan and a non-Asabian that wish to hear it. I don't know why you come online to lie, I don't care enough to bring you out of your self-delusion and low-self esteem so you are entailed to tell yourself stories on how you are the second developed. I careless. Just be an embrasshment to Ika community, don't start embrasshing delta and don't, please don't, even try to destroy the reputation of Asaba by describing yourself the second most developed after it. Anyone that isn't knowledge of the areas might actually see it that since you classify bojiboji as developed and its nothing but a village, that must imply asaba is equally a village being raised up to status it does not have. Keep my city out of your comparison. Compare yourself to every city in the world but don't put yourself and community in the same category as Asaba. Do you hear me? Someone in the 9th place in a 10th scale measure should never classify himself as 2nd place. Don't even think you are in our level? Know your place. I don't blame you, I blame the Igbos that continue to pay you mind. Keep your embarrassment to your side, don't spread it to delta and community residing in it. Everyone know Ika land is one of the worst areas in the entire delta state. Don't try to destroy the effort made by people of Anioma and Ika community in trying to force the governors in fixing that region just because you hold too much low self esteem to tell yourself the truth for once.

To neutral observers
Anyone of you that has ever been to any region in Ikaland, but never stepped foot in Asaba. Please do not let agbotean statement give you a bad impression of delta and definitely a bad impression of Asaba. Asaba is par with places like Enugu, Portharcourt, etc. The second most developed city in Delta state would be Warri, no doubt. Don't let a man's self-delusion give you a terrible image of delta and Asaba.
Thank you.

To Ogbuefi, Ezeagu, the ika dude in the politics section, and all the other decent ika's,
Incase you read this, Please do not take what I said as an offense. I am not one to involve myself in insulting other igbo or anioma group, ask around I don't do it, but I fear that agbotean statement is nothing but an insult to my people and have the potential to destroy its image. I do apologize each one of you personally especially ezeagu. I know you are the one most truthful about the state the delta governors have left ika community. I apologize to you but when I see something that can damage Asaba image, I take it personally. Please do not take it personally. Ndokwa. To agbotean and his likes, the apology does not extend to you. As i said before, keep Asaba out of your bs. Stick to what you do best, distorting history, lying through your teeth and insulting your obi.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
sonya4all: @abag, ika has difrnt dialeats as well as igbo does... Palour in my area is obunuh,while perhaps agbontean's place is ibere....

obviously u no go school. so they tell u igbo is one dialect?

Just because central igbo (imo state) is the most acceptable form of written and spoken igbo does not make igbo language just ONE...

you think an ngwa man has the same dialect as an nnewi man or an onitsha man?

I guess abia can say o we say anuohia and anambra says anuofia so we are not igbo

or imo can say we say ebere and anambra says ebele so we are not igbo

Another part of igboland can say o we call cane utali and another calls it mpiajala so they are not igbo....

so u daft boy should learn that in igbo land there are multiple dialects

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
@igbo boy...I dont argue with a feeble mind.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
sonya4all: @igbo boy...I dont argue with a feeble mind.

like u go fit argue with me before....u for wan collect? eddiot

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Your entire generations are idiots... Like i said before,i will repeat,i dont argue with a feeble mind..If you need history lessons go back to your community school..@one naira.,you are the true difinition of confused being..Go and learn summary...
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by igboboy1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
sonya4all: Your entire generations are idiots... Like i said before,i will repeat,i dont argue with a feeble mind..If you need history lessons go back to your community school..@one naira.,you are the true difinition of confused being..Go and learn summary...

repeating you wont argue...smh- you are a repeating eediot..

u cant argue with me anyday abi dem born u well? loqacious non-entity like you.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by AndreUweh(m): 1:19am On Oct 27, 2012
sonya4all: Your entire generations are idiots... Like i said before,i will repeat,i dont argue with a feeble mind..If you need history lessons go back to your community school..@one naira.,you are the true difinition of confused being..Go and learn summary...
Wonders shall never end, I can't believe that you can come here to insult your fellow Anioma sons.
Are you like this in real life?, let's hope this your stupidity ends in this thread. This is shameful.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:39am On Oct 27, 2012
@andre..Im not surprised because its typical that an igbo tribalistic blindness has struck you..If not you would have seen who threw the insults first... I guess you did see when he called himself an idiot..Keep it up..Anioma activist. rubbish...
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by aljharem(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2012
SMH, It is clear Ikas are not Igbos WHY ARE YOU FORCING THEM

In fact they have more in common with Binis, Igala and Yorubas (ijebu) for example let me use Agbotean's post

agbotaen: BASIC QUESTIONING TECHNIQUES IN IKA LANGUAGE ,
1. KIRO- WHAT IS IT ? yourbas would say "kire"
2. KIHAIN ? what is it or what is wrong ?kire re
3. ki re me i? what is wrong with you . ki re me e
4. i yu ro- is it you
5. elem me - i am not the one re lem ko
6. elem men men -i am not the one that did it .
7. nani ? how are you same as yoruba
8. nani iri ? how are you .
9. i re hun re me i ? are you feeling sick i re ya ?
10. laghani- look
11. i hun a laghani a ? are you seeing it .
12. elehun- which one ?
13. egbata - in between
14. ra? is it se, sha
15. elebe ? where e re be
16. n nedi i ? where is your father
17. dino- sitjoko
18. wuzo- stand
19. ki bi ri m ? what is my concernki re se mi / ki re se m
20.za uta ni ? answer this question,
21. ju uta ? ask questions
22. hi ni m ? call me this
23. ahi zi ile? do not call
24. ori a hi a ? he/she is calling
25. i wu okunmu u ? are you a sickler ?
26. okoh le john- okoh and john
27. i ra gba ifie ? are you setting his injured bone ?
28. n men ro, ra , elem men? is it me or not me .
29. ya lako r ? are you not going ?
30. ilala alala ? are you still coming
31. gbegbegbe i ? wait for long
32. nkeshi ro ? is it true
33. elen nkeshi - it is not true
34. egilegbeshi ? is it true
35. ketiketi ? is it real
36. o ri a rere i ? he is tricking you .
37. erekereke ro ? is he tricking you .
38. ye bie ni ? you did not stay long
39. ye bie ke - you stayed too long

i have delineated some qestions in ika language , i will do more later , but i trust some people , they will soon start teaching us how to speak ika and how not to speak it and they are not ika people. ika is a nassal language and we speak with the nose and we add n to lots of words like ekwan for egg ,instead of the standard ekwa

I can keep going on but my egba/ijebu is not prefect

agbotaen: 1. i will try and get you the word for window ,but the word for kitchen is ukelu, outside is isere, room is imughe,parlour is ibere,
2. grinding stone is olor, bottle is ogorh igo, igorh, basket is ukpaliapare which is pronounced as a-pa-li , chain is eganegan, kettle is agere agere, cat is ologbo ologbo,
3. war leader is olotubashorun or sometimes olotun, young female is igbagba, trouble is ukpokpowahala, evil thing is uloro, devil is ojuwu grin grin grin you mean oju[b]k[/b]wu ?,
evil spirit is ighoghai, palace is ogua, foundation is iyetor, support is adansun, late- ikpomor,
4. proud is ghoron, buy is non, boast is aduga, light -ukpe or orukpe, water is minin, shirt is ewuru,
5. jail is egan, glutton is okpomowo, greedy is usian, lazy is lanzunzun, thank is kpanmin, joy is oyor,
6. happinness is ighogho, victory is ozegbe, light is ifonron, moon is ifon, month is also ifon,
7. giant is aduaran, bycycle is ikeke, door is ekwue, road is uwaya or iko,.,path or bush path is ozue,
person is ihian, old man edionma/diokpa, old woman -nene or odede., those that hold the kings cutlass are omuada,
simitar- eberen, cutlass- opia/asara, chair- agah/agarah, stove -mgba, wife -mgba, street -ogbara-ogbe,
8. stand - wuzo, gogo- to walk about, big- hiogbe , police- ulakpa shocked shocked Olokpa or Ulokpa, uniform- izagin, car-ozadun,bullet- igele/efuru
9. needle- oloden, plate- okpan/efere, knife- ebeke, palmoil-ofungbon, slave-igbon, servant-odibo, deaf -odin,
10. hunch back- ologumaza, short person- kpekiri, tall person- gboror/mgbaran, lake -odighiri, valley -iyere,
11. stool -ekete, throne- ukpo, longlife- tor or utormi, progress -ohai, bachelor - ohai, spinster-idegbe, female goat- odegbe, male goat- ewu, ram is ilolo, stupid- ozuor/obolo, destiny- oriehi, land of the dead -orimi, river niger or big river is ohinmin,
12. forest is egbokoIgbo, burial ground is ikpekpe, refuse dump is ikonfin, key is isafin or isahan, bolt is olaye, hold is kwondon, punch is ikpa, poison is edide, let go is bihia, trap is oga,ant is idon or tutu, money is egho, beans is isawe, rice is ekwanasaka or osikapa, tiger is ubidon, lion is eduke/udumen, leopard is eworo,
13. mountain/hill is oke, bench is agbara, cup is mkpu or ogban, suffering is uya, love is iboor, hate is arighor,
14. sign is ahima, family is ugbe or ebon or iboze or agbon, laugh is emun, discursion is inyeren, wives is inyemen,
,i will write more later

shocked shocked shocked shocked I just dey tired now, tooo much similarities

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / The Yoruba Oriki For Twin & Its Translation - Dedicated To Twins Worldwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.