Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (245354 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
THIS IS AN ARTICLE BY ONU IKA, ON THEIR ANNUAL LECTURES , AND THE WAY MAJORITY OF IKA PEOPLE AND OUR INTELLIGENSIA ,THINK OF IKA , AND SO IF IGBO PEOPLE ARE STILL DELUDING THEM SELVES THAT IKA IS IGBO , WELL GOOD LUCK TO THEM , BUT WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN , THEY WILL BE VERY DISSAPPOINTED

Why didn't you drop the link to the 'supposed' Ika article let us confirm? Or are you scared of your shadows?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
why do you still give this agbontea audience. Its well with igbo pls on a serious note. This man is off the hook
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
1. it is you and your igbo propagandists that are scared of answering these following questions ?
2. why did ika people in majority not support biafra ? and why did they assist the federal troops to expell biafra from ika land ?
3. why was the ika kings part of midwest leaders of thought during the civil war , if they believed that ika was igbo , and why did they not belong to biafra leaders of thought ?
4. why did biafra declare the obi efeizomor of owa kingdom , wanted dead or alive , ?
5. why did majority of ika people form the onu/ogua ika , as the highest socio-cultural association for ika people?
6. why are ika kings not members of ohaneze ndigbo ?
7. why is it that the only kings you see at the fore front of ohaneze ndigbo are the obis of asaba, ogwashiukwu and other aniocha/oshimili kings ? but i am also aware that the king of ugbodu, ebu and some others there , are not members .
8.why is it that most notable ika men on this list have never spoken in any paper or magazine on igbo affairs ?
1. jim ovia , nduka obaigbena, chief ifeanyi okowa, chief okunbor , steve bamidele omojafor , major general ephraim usiade, general aigbogun , general ugbo buzugbe, proff-osaigbovo, proff-okoh anthony, michael osagie, and others are not part of igbo ethnic meetings and have never spoken on behalf of igbo .
9. i read some igbos criticising nduka obaigbena for saying he is from ika ethnic group , igbos make me laugh , they always want to teach others what they should say and believe , and no wonder the igbos think that LAGOS IS A NO MANS LAND , and yorubas come vex, na waoooo.
10, i want any igbo propagandist here to help me answer these questions one by one , and i dont want them to avoid these questions or cover it up with abuses , as these will help us stop these arguements .

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
1. why are igbos so concerned with what yorubas or hausas think about them ? i think this civil war trauma is still affecting many igbo people , and i also think many of them are suffereing from inferiority complex of trying to say we are better than yoruba or hausas ,
2/ in our ika world view what we think about our self is very important than what others think about us , ika was not affected by the civil war trauma and so we are not in competition with any tribe , we love others the same , and we say and believe we are ika,
and i dont see how igbo can protect us in this nigeria , even the igbos need help and protection , and ika has all the necessary power to survive nigeria and we have done that and we are proud of our success

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
are you done. Damage controller. Cant you see your ignored and made irrelevant in scheme of things. Agbontea go tell edn benin your one of them.no love lost bro
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 5:54am On Oct 09, 2013
I've seen some deltans deny their igbo lineages, its crazy to hear an emeka say he isn't igbo, that he's delta! I fink its pure dumb! Anyways agb.. Says the Ika(as he calls it) fought against their kith n kin merely because they were igbo, not based on justice or rationality. They are the saboteurs. They'd rather support the fulani tht had massacred we all togeda than their brothers because of some stupid identity crises. If ure nt igbo den drop ur igbo names and cultures. Afterall some of una even changed ur names to ishan names. I dnt get y nwafors are even arguing wif these esatz igbos! Its nt by force naaaaa
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
revolt: I've seen some deltans deny their igbo lineages, its crazy to hear an emeka say he isn't igbo, that he's delta! I fink its pure dumb! Anyways agb.. Says the Ika(as he calls it) fought against their kith n kin merely because they were igbo, not based on justice or rationality. They are the saboteurs. They'd rather support the fulani tht had massacred we all togeda than their brothers because of some stupid identity crises. If ure nt igbo den drop ur igbo names and cultures. Afterall some of una even changed ur names to ishan names. I dnt get y nwafors are even arguing wif these esatz igbos! Its nt by force naaaaa
Don't forget that the same person answering emeka has an Edo surname and a brother bearing Edo name and his other name is probably Edo. So, if your argument is anything to go by, that means the person is also Edo. Bulsht.
On the Biafran war thing, the Igbos caused the hatred Hausas show them. Imagine going to an aboki's shop and calling him an ewu and malu malu in his own town, he will definitely hate you. Igbos are hardworking people, but they are very annoying and irationally proud. Nobody is jealous of you, but people are bored with you.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
revolt: I've seen some deltans deny their igbo lineages, its crazy to hear an emeka say he isn't igbo, that he's delta! I fink its pure dumb! Anyways agb.. Says the Ika(as he calls it) fought against their kith n kin merely because they were igbo, not based on justice or rationality. They are the saboteurs. They'd rather support the fulani tht had massacred we all togeda than their brothers because of some stupid identity crises. If ure nt igbo den drop ur igbo names and cultures. Afterall some of una even changed ur names to ishan names. I dnt get y nwafors are even arguing wif these esatz igbos! Its nt by force naaaaa
Don't forget that the same person answering emeka has an Edo surname and a brother bearing Edo name and his other name is probably Edo. So, if your argument is anything to go by, that means the person is also Edo. Bulsht.
On the Biafran war thing, the Igbos caused the hatred Hausas show them. Imagine going to an aboki's shop and calling him an ewu and malu malu in his own town, he will definitely hate you. Ikas woud've remained neutral, but therer's no sitting on the fence in a war of that magnitude. Igbos are hardworking people, but they are very annoying and irationally proud. Nobody is jealous of you, there's no reason to, but people are bored with your arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2013

They are just a show of shame to be honest. Ask any anioma and he or she will tell you the same. It is sad too because people dragg all anioma and believe we are like those ilks because despite the despite the deniers are minority, they are unfortunately the most vocal. When we used to live in onitsha, I recall anytime we tell someone we are from delta igbo region, they give us this f2ked up look, snare at us and automatically ask "are you those that say they are Igbo or not". Knowing how ethnocentric onitsha people are, I suspected they found anioma despicably. I got my answer on this website actually. I recall when one member posted the manifest for anioma state and onitsha people insulted it because they were included. Some even went to the extent of saying "we are not them ooo". Some said they don't want to share the same land/state with anioma people because they don't wake up arguing with others about whether someone is Igbo or not or waking up seeing ther children saying they are not Igbo. It was really embarrassing watching the set of SE Igbo I believe we have the most common with, migration history included, saying that shit. It shows a perso how they f2king view anioma and their view is not pretty. Now if onitsha see us this way, I wonder how the rest sees us. SMH. The deniers are a shame and f2king embarrassing. One thing my father told one of neighbor that used be like was he can't understand how someone speak Igbo, call himself an Igbo name, follow Igbo culture and then tell others I'm are not Igbo and person even had the audacity to get angry when we, Igbo, tell you that you are lying. You shouldn't be angry, we are the ones that should be angry. You stole our language, culture and name and try to claim it as yours. That sh1t was hilarious, our neighbor longed stopped being a denier but I'll never forget that conversation even though I was just 9 years old when it occurred.

Anyway, what I wanted to address is una listening to agbotean version of history. I sorry but I refuse to allow that man kill a part of history very much known.

Division 2 of biafran soldiers were made up of predominately ika
http://www.kwenu.com/archive/okocha_anioma.htm

Any anioma knows, asaba massacre was not the only set of attack against anioma peeps.
"In the second waves of massacres during the civil war, the Binis and other non-Igbo military officers of Mid-West origin led the murderous attacks on Ika Igbo's" (Blood On The Niger, E. Okocha).

Even the Midwest invasion of 1967 article by a urhobo which Nigerians parade around told una or rather accused Asaba, aboh and ika soldiers were the biafran soldiers that's invaded their land or so they claim

Emeka Esogbue, though a denier himself, mentioned how ika, ibusa, Asaba, etc died for biafra and una still call anioma "fake Igbo". Go read his ranting article where he was whining on how SE calls SS Igbo "fake Igbo" and how una disapprove of anioma. Though I actually agree with his whining, I don't necessary agree with the denying origin because some fools in SE called him fake. Good article though

Even the book by that useless man, adekunle, told una Ikaland was one of the training ground for the "rebels" aka biafran soldiers
http://www.nigerialinks.com/BOOKS/scorpion/index.html

The problem with SE Igbo from what I've observed at least on this forum is that You all listen to everything told to you, no question asked. I knew about the ika history on Biafra when I was a little kid and it is sad that SE don't even know. One part of my mind, observing SE members on NL, tells me other than Asaba massacre, I don't think una know anything about anioma fights during Biafra war. Anyway, Unfortunately, ika soldiers were the highest among delta Igbo that fought for Biafra and that's because prior to Biafra war, the highest mid west soldiers were from ika. Asaba, ibusa, etc soldiers switched too but our population in the military prior to Biafra weren't as high as ika people.

Why the f2k do you people think agbotean have not once provided a link on that said account on his part of history even despite una asking him for one.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
@One Naira

This is the part I love the most about the link you dropped.

Ohaneze is like Ibo Union. Ibo union was founded by Dennis Osadebay and Oguegbunan Dafe. Later the Ogbarus Justice Kaine became the President in 1938. Ohanaeze first board director was Osadebay when it was founded. Like I mentioned in my speech at the World Igbo Congress (W.I.C.) 2001, it was Enugu that offered Osadebay and Oba of Benin £8,000,000 – for the fight to create the Midwest.

During the crisis 1966, Colonels Okonweze, Igboba,
etc. were all killed because they were I[g]bo, so also
were senior officers from Asaba, Ishiagu, Ibusa,
Ogwashi Ukwu, Igbodo etc. During that war our
people did not run towards Benin or Warri, they
naturally ran towards the East and most were
received well

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
i am a reseacher with an international tech journal. I travel a lot with my collegve most from mid west. They kind of admire how i mix easily. They say they admire igbos cos we love ourselve. I meet md and CEOs of firms and as soon as we exchange cards once we noticed that we are igbo we switch to our language. Why cant i be proud of igbo. It has opened so many opportunities for me and i thank God that i can speak imo anambra and married a delta igbo lady who is so proud of her igboness. My edo counterpart looked at how i used to use igbo to get things done seamlessly and do you know what he said? IGBOS WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LOVE YOURSELVES. My yoruba friend said that igbos are progressful cos they help each other. My ijaw staff member tryied speaking ijaw to the few ijaw he met but his tribenen were not eager to speak. So what they do is just admire me and my igboness. You can see why i am too proud to be igbo. I dont think that these i am not igbo ika men can be any force to reckon with. They are disgrace . PLS LEAVE OUR NAMES AND CULTURE AND CLAIM WHATEVER YOU WANT BIKO. Ewu benin

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
i am a reseacher with an international tech journal. I travel a lot with my collegve most from mid west. They kind of admire how i mix easily. They say they admire igbos cos we love ourselve. I meet md and CEOs of firms and as soon as we exchange cards once we noticed that we are igbo we switch to our language. Why cant i be proud of igbo. It has opened so many opportunities for me and i thank God that i can speak imo anambra and married a delta igbo lady who is so proud of her igboness. My edo counterpart looked at how i used to use igbo to get things done seamlessly and do you know what he said? IGBOS WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LOVE YOURSELVES. My yoruba friend said that igbos are progressful cos they help each other. My ijaw staff member tryied speaking ijaw to the few ijaw he met but his tribenen were not eager to speak. So what they do is just admire me and my igboness. You can see why i am too proud to be igbo. I dont think that these i am not igbo ika men can be any force to reckon with. They are disgrace . PLS LEAVE OUR NAMES AND CULTURE AND CLAIM WHATEVER YOU WANT BIKO. Ewu benin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Tony Christopher.

Its really a blessing to be Igbo. Only the Anioma ones mature mind, body and soul realize this and they don't have a problem with it.

Its very rare to find a successful Anioma person who will publicly deny being Igbo in official matters. It seems to be only the low-class ones that give it so much headache and furore and they've woefully failed to realize that its all in their head. Nobody or other tribes give a damn about their efforts at disproving their Igboness. At the end of the day, other tribes regard them as Igbo.

During my 6-month IT in Lagos, my boss was an Ika man. He spoke Ika Igbo, and called me, from across the Niger, his brother but didn't see himself as Igbo. Its what he told his co-workers who happened to be mainly Yoruba. Funny enough, they all still called him Ibo man. One day while he was away, his co-worker and I were talking and the man asked me what part of Igboland Engr. Uche was from. I told him Delta Igbo. He said, 'ahh. Isn't that Igboland too? Why's he claiming he's not an Ibo man?' I then told him some of them are like that while others know they are Igbos. I then gave him examples such as Okocha, Okonjo-Iweala, Stella Damascus.
You then see that despite parading himself as non-Igbo, my boss' co-workers still saw him as Igbo. Funny enough, his name, Uche' only seemed to worsen the situationand further served to remind his Yoruba counterparts that he was just another resounding Omo Okoro from the East.

Finally, it all boils down to the same boundary issue. Once the western borders of Anambra state are adjusted to include Anioma, these anti-Igbo sentiments will reduce drastically.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
1. you are just confussed and dont confuse ika area to mean what you igbos call ika-ibo , as to mean a name that includes the asaba, ubuluku , and the rest area ? they are not ikas , ika only refers to the people of ika south and ika north east and their brother from igbanke and the other edo areas , who speak ika.
2. that nomencleture of ika -ibo was made popular after obi james obika gbenoba of agbor fought for recognition in old western house of assembly , so today the only people refered to as ika are people from the places i refered to , while the others are aniocha/oshimili/ndokwa.so get that right .
3. and you are either ika or igbo , you cant be ika- igbo or yoruba-hausa , or hausa -fulani as many ignorant nigerian always say , if you ask an igbo man to define the meaning of ika in his language , he does not know .
4. yes some real ika people fought for biafra like late anuku , but he was not a part of the coup, as there was no ika person that was part of the original coup of 1966 , the people you will see their are aniocha/oshimili people ,and even if some few ika people foght the war on biafra side , majority of ikas fought for federal troops and rejected being igbo and there is nothing you can do about it , now even after the war , ikas in their majority have also refused to identify as igbos, end of story.
5. it is a known fact that some yorubas were part of the 1966 coup , and some yorubas also fought for biafra like ademulegun and banjo that led biafra to conquer the midwest , but the majority of yorubas said no to biafra and fought for federal troops , so go and learn your history very well.
6. perhaps if you want to be angry as to who caused the coup , it is the same aniocha/oshimili people who are your brothers and not the ika people from agbor, owa, abavo, umunede and the rest .
7. as for the man saying ika people bears emeka , which is an igbo name , yes we do , but we have a family or surname which is usually a benin or ishan name , and even if an ika person is called okafor okafor , if you trace his grand father or great grand fathers name you will see it is an edo name ,and we will not drop our edo links just to please igbo people , and to show how much civilised and humane the edos are they have not told us to remove their names from our names and villages , or to drop their kingship and mode of worship and festival , its only from igbos that you will hear that from, and it is like the british saying nigerians should not bear their names or speak english , that laughable and stupid .
8. ika people have made their stance known since 1930 , when they told the british that they are not part of any ethnic group in nigeria , inclusive of both the igbo and the benin, although we might share some things in common with these ethnic groups or some other ones in nigeria and that hasalways been ika nations stand

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Wulfruna(f): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ovia is not Ofia or Ohia. They are not even accented alike. And the 'O' in Ovia is heavy, not light like in Ofia/Ohia.

Ovia is the name of an Edo deity that is also worshipped in parts of Ikaland.

I just said I should point that out. Carry on, people. Forget I was ever here. grin
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
1. igbos why do you lie and do much propaganda , ovia in the name of jim ovia is an edo name , it is not offia ,
ovia is a river deity in edo /ika area , and it is also a title for those who crown most ika kings , they are called lihe-ovia, and ovia is also the name of a local govt. council in edo .
2. so what about seve omojafor ? what about obaigbena? what about omigie ? what about aigbogun? .what about irabor ? what about ovwiagbon ?, what about jegbefume ? what about osagie ? , what about ezomor? what about ugbeide? , what about omorodion ? these are all bonafide surnames and names of ika people , so are these also igbo names ?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by oboy3(m): 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
no,i dont think ovia,ofia,ohia are the same thing o
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
1. ovia is worshipped in abavo, worshipped in ake in igbanke, worshipped in owa iru , and other ika places, so tell me igbo propagandists , how the other edo names that i mentioned are igbo names ?
2. there nothing igbos can not concort , that is why your brothers say and believe lagos is a no mans land , when you left thousands of kilometers from igbo land to yoruba land in lagos , shame on your people and that is why others are always suspicious of the igbos

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
@One Naira

Other parts I like about the links you dropped.

The II divisions made of mainly Ika I[g]bo] never surrendered and under Colonel Nwawo defended Nnewi the only major Biafran city that never fell until the end.

Suspected Rebel Infiltrator: On information that a
number of Ibo infiltrators have sneaked into Calabar to spy and assess the strength of the Federal troops in Calabar, detectives of Special Branch were detailed to comb the town and round up any suspected persons. On the strength of this instruction one Godfrey Almonah, who claims to be an Ibo from Aboh in the Mid-Western State, and a Road-Overseer with the Ministry of Works, Calabar-Mamfee Road, was arrested along Bogobiri Street, Calabar on 27th June 1968.

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
1. i think the reason most igbo people go on defining who is igbo and who is not is because of inferiority complex and they are always interested in how others see them , and not how they see themselfs and they think they are in competition with others .
always them against us syndrome ,.
2. and i dont get why they have to lie to proove a point , i dont get that , when we have already said ika area came into being as a result of edo migrations and igbo migration , therefore creating a new tribe or nation , just like itsekiri is a mix of both yoruba and edo , thereby setting a new tribe called itsekiri.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
bigfrancis21: @One Naira

^^^
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by agbotaen: 6:58pm On Oct 09, 2013
1. i think you are still confussed about ethnicities or groups making up anioma or delta north , it is only ika that is ika , aniocha/oshimili and ndokwa are not ika , and it shows you are an igbo man from across the river niger that does not understand our history or culture .
2. can you mention those soldiers involved and their towns of origin ? as you are mixing aniocha/oshimili with ika , and most of the writings are done by people who do not know about our area,
3. how ever the war is over and ika did not support igbos , period and today too we are not part of your ethnic meetings , at least majority of ika people , about 90 percent of ika people , but may be you should make due of some ikas from ekwuoma and igbodo who are part of you ooo.
4, as for me i am glad am ika , and all my surnames are proudly ika surnames ,like agbontaen, omojie, omigie, ovwiagbon, osunhon ,igbedion and others , just proudly ika
5. let me give praise to mr jim ovia , who is amongst the latest list of richest african business people , and he is an ika man from ika ethnic group ,he is from agbor , jim ovia , ika ria akpnmin eee oooo,
mbene ooooooooooooo,
translation , jim ovia , ikas are thanking you and we thank you and well done

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 1:29am On Oct 10, 2013
agbotaen: 1. i think you are still confussed about ethnicities or groups making up anioma or delta north , it is only ika that is ika , aniocha/oshimili and ndokwa are not ika , and it shows you are an igbo man from across the river niger that does not understand our history or culture .
2. can you mention those soldiers involved and their towns of origin ? as you are mixing aniocha/oshimili with ika , and most of the writings are done by people who do not know about our area,
3. how ever the war is over and ika did not support igbos , period and today too we are not part of your ethnic meetings , at least majority of ika people , about 90 percent of ika people , but may be you should make due of some ikas from ekwuoma and igbodo who are part of you ooo.
4, as for me i am glad am ika , and all my surnames are proudly ika surnames ,like agbontaen, omojie, omigie, ovwiagbon, osunhon ,igbedion and others , just proudly ika
5. let me give praise to mr jim ovia , who is amongst the latest list of richest african business people , and he is an ika man from ika ethnic group ,he is from agbor , jim ovia , ika ria akpnmin eee oooo,
mbene ooooooooooooo,
translation , jim ovia , ikas are thanking you and we thank you and well done
you said igbos cost the massacre by the northerners by going to their shops n calling them malus n ewus(perhaps u were one of them), anyways to brush up ur history a lil bit go n read when the first pogroms began against igbos. There was no coup, it was under British rule. Stop tlkn rubbish, the northern leaders always feared igbo influence on their masses cos they knew igbos would open their eyes. And the leader of the 1966 coup was NZEOGWU. Where was he from pls? Dnt drag other nwafors in delta state wif u in this ur identity crises. Were tryin to unite nwafors from ph to Ebonyi so saboteurs like u can claim ika or benin or fulani sef if it engorges ur phallus. My grandfathers surname was durabaro.( If u can tell me if thts igbo I'd apprec8) he left his original hometown wif his brother and settled in the eastern region. His broda settled somwhr in abia. He established in imostate where he prospered and bought one of the evil forests, whch became my kindred today. If u trace my greatgrand parents, they may not hve been igbo jes like millions of other nwafors. Its a known fact tht igbos comprise of a lot of assimilated ppl from neigbourn ethnic groups. Onitsha was originally igala and edoid, but now they've assimilated the igbo culture. So dnt gve me tht crap on benin origin. Accept uve got serz identity crises.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 1:38am On Oct 10, 2013
One_Naira:

They are just a show of shame to be honest. Ask any anioma and he or she will tell you the same. It is sad too because people dragg all anioma and believe we are like those ilks because despite the despite the deniers are minority, they are unfortunately the most vocal. When we used to live in onitsha, I recall anytime we tell someone we are from delta igbo region, they give us this f2ked up look, snare at us and automatically ask "are you those that say they are Igbo or not". Knowing how ethnocentric onitsha people are, I suspected they found anioma despicably. I got my answer on this website actually. I recall when one member posted the manifest for anioma state and onitsha people insulted it because they were included. Some even went to the extent of saying "we are not them ooo". Some said they don't want to share the same land/state with anioma people because they don't wake up arguing with others about whether someone is Igbo or not or waking up seeing ther children saying they are not Igbo. It was really embarrassing watching the set of SE Igbo I believe we have the most common with, migration history included, saying that shit. It shows a perso how they f2king view anioma and their view is not pretty. Now if onitsha see us this way, I wonder how the rest sees us. SMH. The deniers are a shame and f2king embarrassing. One thing my father told one of neighbor that used be like was he can't understand how someone speak Igbo, call himself an Igbo name, follow Igbo culture and then tell others I'm are not Igbo and person even had the audacity to get angry when we, Igbo, tell you that you are lying. You shouldn't be angry, we are the ones that should be angry. You stole our language, culture and name and try to claim it as yours. That sh1t was hilarious, our neighbor longed stopped being a denier but I'll never forget that conversation even though I was just 9 years old when it occurred.

Anyway, what I wanted to address is una listening to agbotean version of history. I sorry but I refuse to allow that man kill a part of history very much known.

Division 2 of biafran soldiers were made up of predominately ika

Any anioma knows, asaba massacre was not the only set of attack against anioma peeps.
"In the second waves of massacres during the civil war, the Binis and other non-Igbo military officers of Mid-West origin led the murderous attacks on Ika Igbo's" (Blood On The Niger, E. Okocha).

Even the Midwest invasion of 1967 article by a urhobo which Nigerians parade around told una or rather accused Asaba, aboh and ika soldiers were the biafran soldiers that's invaded their land or so they claim

Emeka Esogbue, though a denier himself, mentioned how ika, ibusa, Asaba, etc died for biafra and una still call anioma "fake Igbo". Go read his ranting article where he was whining on how SE calls SS Igbo "fake Igbo" and how una disapprove of anioma. Though I actually agree with his whining, I don't necessary agree with the denying origin because some fools in SE called him fake. Good article though

Even the book by that useless man, adekunle, told una Ikaland was one of the training ground for the "rebels" aka biafran soldiers

The problem with SE Igbo from what I've observed at least on this forum is that You all listen to everything told to you, no question asked. I knew about the ika history on Biafra when I was a little kid and it is sad that SE don't even know. One part of my mind, observing SE members on NL, tells me other than Asaba massacre, I don't think una know anything about anioma fights during Biafra war. Anyway, Unfortunately, ika soldiers were the highest among delta Igbo that fought for Biafra and that's because prior to Biafra war, the highest mid west soldiers were from ika. Asaba, ibusa, etc soldiers switched too but our population in the military prior to Biafra weren't as high as ika people.

Why the f2k do you people think agbotean have not once provided a link on that said account on his part of history even despite una asking him for one.
nwanne I'd be most stupid to listen to agbote.. He's def nt igbo, and nobodys forcn him in! All were Sayn is why wud they answer igbo names yet hate igbos! Thts like me answern a fulani nAme while I diss them. Its some new form of madness I fink. He even prefers to tke sides wif fulani wey dey massacre dem. SAboteurs hve no biz wif nwafors
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 5:55am On Oct 10, 2013
revolt: nwanne I'd be most stupid to listen to agbote.. He's def nt igbo, and nobodys forcn him in! All were Sayn is why wud they answer igbo names yet hate igbos! Thts like me answern a fulani nAme while I diss them. Its some new form of madness I fink. He even prefers to tke sides wif fulani wey dey massacre dem. SAboteurs hve no biz wif nwafors

Yes you would be silly listening to agbotean. I and pretty much all delta Igbo on this forum have one time or another told una to ignore the guy. we've tried ending this convo months ago, some tried years ago but una, for some reason, continued paying mind to the nigg@. One thing anyone would tell you is that the deniers are huge attention seekers. They are desperate for it, they are the most vocal for a reason. Notice they invaded a thread meant for delta Igbo even though they don't see themselves as Igbo; Someone even mentioned on couple of pages back that the agbotean ID left another nigerian website and joined this website because people stopped responding his story telling on the other site. there is a reason why they are seen as an embarrasment. why the f2k do you think the rest of us ignore them on this forum and only show up when they drag the rest of us to this ish or when try to distort history. why the f2k do you think after any delta Igbo set one of agbotean lies straight, he replies whining, we ignore him. Notice the two ika members, the igbodo guy and ezeagu, left this conversation after demolishing the guy delusions, told una to leave him to rant but una ignored them. As I said earlier I don't understand why SE pays mind to the guy and I believe all delta Igbo on this forum would agree with me.

I agree with you that they should get rid of Igbo names, culture and language and create their actual own, instead of remodify others stuff. Unfortunately like I said, they are an embarrassment for a reason. What can a person do, we share the same state with them and are lumped with them by delta governor. The good thing though, at least in my perspective, is that luckily oshimili don't come from the same land as them so the embarrassment is minor compared to an ika that don't think like them.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by OneNaira6: 6:01am On Oct 10, 2013
bigfrancis21: @One Naira

You should read Blood of Niger by Emma Okocha. By the looks of things, you might like it.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2013
@ one naira. you are either dumb or a selective amnesia patient. never has any ika person included you and your deluded likes in the discussion about ika. stop being silly.. you are neither from ika north nor south, hence I see no reason for your stupid accusation of aligning your area to ika.. certainly you are an igbon. that's Why you plead for relevance and incorporation into the igbo label... no one is dragging you into ika OK?? .ikas are proud of their culture and heritage.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Idunobaehis(m): 9:33am On Oct 10, 2013
I'm not suprised that the Igbos are claiming Ika because they have the reputation of claiming anything good, even people that dont have anything to do with Igbo for example Igbos said that the name Dangote is the corrupt form of Di anyi gote. I have also heard them say Obama is a corrupt form of an Igbo word Mbama. But what I dont understand is why they are not mounting as much pressure on Ikweres as they do on Anioma.
As an Ika man, what people see me as is not as important as what I see my self as. People see Tiv people as Hausa, despite the fact that they are Christians and dont speak hausa. A lot of Tivs are in my hometown doing menial jobs. Everybody calls them Hausas, they tried their best to tell people that they are not Hausa to no avail, now they gladly answer it anyday. Did that change the fact that they are not Hausa?

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Oct 10, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
I'm not suprised that the Igbos are claiming Ika because they have the reputation of claiming anything good, even people that dont have anything to do with Igbo for example Igbos said that the name Dangote is the corrupt form of Di anyi gote. I have also heard them say Obama is a corrupt form of an Igbo word Mbama. But what I dont understand is why they are not mounting as much pressure on Ikweres as they do on Anioma.
As an Ika man, what people see me as is not as important as what I see my self as. People see Tiv people as Hausa, despite the fact that they are Christians and dont speak hausa. A lot of Tivs are in my hometown doing menial jobs. Everybody calls them Hausas, they tried their best to tell people that they are not Hausa to no avail, now they gladly answer it anyday. Did that change the fact that they are not Hausa?
It's people from afar that will call the TIVS Hausa. The Idomas and people around them wouldn't call them that. Now the question is, what do Urhobos/Isokos, Edo people call Ika people?
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 9:53am On Oct 10, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:
bia my deluded brother you are def not igbo, just don't drag the rest of nwafors in anioma wif u! Any TIv tht leaves his Tiv name and spks hausa and bears a hausa name has bcome assimilated into hausa. As long as u refused to drop our names and culture yet deny the identity ure esatz igbo. Is it by force to maintain igbo culture(tht u so hate) go edo plsss lve other pure nwafors alone. Agbota... Hasn't answered my question where Nzeogwu (that caused our greatest pogroms) was from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.